PDA

View Full Version : SSBM Moves [Feat]

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-08, 04:09 PM
Ever wondered where the SSBM characters got all their cool moves? how they get to jump twice, do smash attacks, and all that stuff? Well, here it is. A compendium of SSBm feats, modeled after SSBM character moves. I'm not done with 'em yet, obviously. Still have things like slide kick, that jump-a attack which I have no name for right now, and triple jumps.

Magical Double Jump [General]
Prerequisite: Dex 13, Jump 6 ranks, ability to cast Floating Disk
Benefits: You may attempt a magical double jump as a full-turn action. You must expend a casting of floating disk to do so. When double jumping, you may jump twice, once on the ground and again while in the air.

Magical Triple Jump [General]
Prerequisite: Magical Double Jump, Dex 15, Jump 12 ranks, ability to cast Floating Disk
Benefits: You may attempt a magical triple jump as a full-turn action. You must expend two castings of floating disk to do so. When triple jumping, you may jump three times, one on the ground and two in the middle of the air.

Double Jump [General]
Prerequisite: Dex 17, Jump 13 ranks
Benefits: You may attempt a double jump as a full-turn action. When double jumping, you may jump twice, once on the ground and again while in the air.

Triple Jump [General]
Prerequisite: Double Jump, Dex 21, Jump 23 ranks
Benefits: You may attempt a triple jump as a full-turn action. You must expend two castings of force wall to do so. When triple jumping, you may jump three times, one on the ground and two in the middle of the air.

Smash Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +5, Str 15
Benefits: You may attempt to smash attack an opponent as a full-turn action. A smash attack provokes an attack of opportunity. If the smash attack succeeds, attack normally with a +2 attack bonus and deal +4 damage. You may smash attack an additional time for each two extra attacks you can make in a turn.
Special: A fighter may select smash attack as a bonus feat.

Improved Smash Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Smash Attack, Base attack bonus +7, Dex 13
Benefits: Your smash attacks do not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Normal: A smash attack provokes an attack of opportunity.
Special: A fighter may select improved smash attack as a bonus feat.

Quick Smash Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Smash Attack, Base attack bonus +9, Dex 17
Benefits: Making smash attacks is now considered a standard action.
Normal: A smash attack is a full-turn action.
Special: A fighter may select quick smash attack as a bonus feat.

Smash Attack Unlimited [General]
Prerequisites: Quick Smash Attack, Base attack bonus +15, Dex 17, Str 19
Benefits: You may make an amount of smash attacks equal to the amount of attacks you can make in a turn. However, using all the smash attacks possible in a turn causes you to become fatigued.
Normal: You make less smash attacks.
Special: A fighter may select smash attack unlimited as a bonus feat.

Powerful Smash Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Smash Attack, Base attack bonus +7, Str 17
Benefits: Your smash attacks apply strength bonus twice to attack rolls and damage. Additionally, the opponent is knocked back 5 feet.
Normal: A smash attack does not apply strength bonus twice, and does not get knocked back.
Special: A fighter may select powerful smash attack as a bonus feat.

Home-run Smash Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Powerful Smash Attack, Base attack bonus +9, Str 19
Benefits: Your smash attacks with a bludgeoning knock an opponent back 1 square for each point of strength bonus the fighter has. This stacks with the powerful smash attack knockback rate.
Normal: A smash attack doesn't knock opponents back that far.
Special: A fighter may select home-run smash attack as a bonus feat.

Baseball Bat
Simple Weapon
Cost: 3 sp
Damage: 1d3 Bludgeoning
Critical: x2
Weight: 4 lb.
Special: If the wielder of this weapon has home-run smash attack as a feat then this weapon knocks back opponents an additional 1d4 aquares.

I think I'm going too far with the smash attack. And this reminds me of Thog getting two levels in fighter just for the bonus feats.

Orzel
2007-07-08, 05:38 PM
Does Smash attack double the weapon damage dice or all of the attack's damage dice?

Double and Triple Jump is nice if not ridiculously hard to qualify for. Arcane casters tend to jump poorly.

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-08, 05:45 PM
1) All damage dice.
2) I might make it easier, but double/triple jump is ridiculously good. Ridiculous preqs go with ridiculous benefits.

Skjaldbakka
2007-07-08, 06:48 PM
But couldn't you do a heck of a lot better with one dim door than you could ever have a prayer of accomplishing with even a x3 jump? And dimension door is lower level than force wall.

Smash attack is incredbily strong if it doubles all dice. Picture a rogue with this.

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-08, 06:51 PM
Meh... what's a dim door?

EDIT: Smash isn't as strong anymore and 2x/3x jump requires only a floating disk.

jindra34
2007-07-08, 07:12 PM
Meh... what's a dim door?

EDIT: Smash isn't as strong anymore and 2x/3x jump requires only a floating disk.

you did not completely change all spell mentions. and shouldn't it double/triple distance achieved and not just the check?

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-08, 07:17 PM
It's a x2/x3 jump so I changed it to be jumping in the middle of the air. Isn't that what a x2/x3 jump is anyways?

Anxe
2007-07-08, 09:39 PM
OOo! Ooo! Make a magic item for the baseball bat!

ObsidianRose
2007-07-08, 09:58 PM
Hover
Prerequisites:Con 18, Swallow Whole
Benefit: By taking a full round action, you may maintain altitude, as long as there is breathable air to inhale. This cannot be used if you have a creature contained within you.
Normal: You can't float by sucking in air.

Gaelbert
2007-07-08, 10:02 PM
Normal: You can't float by sucking in air.

You win.:smallbiggrin:

keyboardboy101
2007-07-09, 11:56 AM
I like the Smash Attack and the Improved/Powerful (Just thinking of all of those old movies where the bad guy would take this huge powerful swing and the good guy would just dodge it and kill him). This is good for fighters though because it makes sense to be able to add additional damage to attacks by swinging harder (or some similar motion).

Triaxx
2007-07-09, 12:09 PM
Float by sucking in air? Not a good idea in a world pervaded by weapons like Longbows. Turn your self into a pincushion.

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-09, 09:24 PM
The home-run smash attack is up!

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-07-10, 12:14 AM
Hmm... Let me see. There really seems to be no point to smashing. Full round attacks are made of win. Powerful Smash makes it worth it, at least. So it's decent. Home-run Smash is GREAT. I love that, but perhaps any bludeoning weapon can do it? The baseball bat is kinda lacking.

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-10, 12:16 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot that. I think I'll allow multiple smashes based on the number of attacks a player can make a turn.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-07-10, 07:08 AM
Okay, good. Now those Smash Attacks are worth it, and help balence the power of a fighter vs. Wizard. Might *yoink* this.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-07-10, 10:00 AM
Tireless Smash Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Smash Attack, Smash Attack Unlimited, Base attack bonus +20, Str 21, Con 19
Benefits: When you do as much smash attacks as you can for a Smash Attack Unlimited, you no longer feel fatigued
Normal: You feel fatigue after doing as much smash attacks as possible.
Special: A fighter may select tireless smash attack as a bonus feat.

Is this a good feat?

Oh, and using SAU, you can make full round attacks using smash attacks. That is the definition of "made of win"

Zeta Kai
2007-07-10, 10:36 AM
Perhaps the Home-Run Smash Attack should knock an opponent back a numbers of squares equal to your Strength modifier? It would be more consistent, reliable & (maybe) realistic.

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-07-10, 10:48 AM
Tireless Smash is okay, seeing how only a straight BAB good build will get it for you, and at 20th level. Yes, it may seem broken, but check out the 9th level wizard spell list. Yeah, I think we're good.

Fawsto
2007-07-10, 11:02 AM
Man, this is awesome!!! I love SSBM, this sounds very, very cool!!

Mr Pants
2007-07-10, 01:59 PM
This thread is full of win. And im totally yoinking this if you don't mind. I think i would use this for my characters as it is.

DracoDei
2007-07-10, 02:38 PM
This is good for fighters though because it makes sense to be able to add additional damage to attacks by swinging harder (or some similar motion).
That is what Power Attack is supposed to be as a for instance...

Bitzeralisis
2007-07-10, 06:59 PM
DracoDei -- This is more of a concentrated attack rather than a mad muscular attack. Power attack transfers attack into damage while smash attack just adds to both of them. Smash is more meant for harder enemies with higher ACs while power attack is great against low AC-ed monsters.

Zeta Kai -- I like your idea. I'll incorporate that into the smash feats.

OOTS-Rules. -- No. No tireless smash attack. I don't know why, but that just makes it smashing every attack without penalty. I don't like that. So no.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-07-10, 06:59 PM
I will try some more

Special Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +20, Str 20, Wis 15
Benefits: You are able to do a special move once per day, gaining an additional use for every level, for a maximum of 20 uses. They use unarmed strike rules, and have 4 different effects: (1d6 points of elemental damage for every two class levels (2, 4, 6, 8, etc.), for a maximum of 10d6, knockback 3 squares per 2 levels, for a maximum of 60 squares, doubles damage for a sucessful hit (can only be used once per day), and launches enemies into the air, dealing the appropriate falling damage. (Can be made stronger by using more then one special move use, for a maximum of 10d6 points of falling damage)

Improved Special Attack [Epic]
Prerequisites: Special Attack, Base attack bonus +24, Str 25, Wis 20
Benefits: You are able to do an improved special move once per day, gaining one additional use for every level, for a maximum of 20 uses. They are now able to use weapon or projectile rules, or take the form of a magic missile to avoid AC at the cost of damage, and have 4 different effects: (1d8 points of elemental damage for every class level (1, 2, 3, 4) for a maximum of 20d8, knockback 3 squares per level, for a maximum of 120 squares, triples damage for a sucessful hit (can only be used once per day), and launches enemies into the air, dealing the appropriate falling damage. (Can be made stronger by using more then one special move use, for a maximum of 20d8 points of falling damage)

Final Smash [Epic]
Prerequisites: Special Attack, Improved Special Attack, all Smash Attack feats, BAB +28, Str 30, Wis 23, Con 20
Benefits: Once every day, you are able to do a powerful final smash, if you have enough rage built up inside of you. This allows you to deal an explosive 40d10 points of damage to one opponent, or 20d5 points of damage to all opponents in the area. They must then roll a balance check, which, if failed, will do 30d7 points of falling damage to the unlucky targets. When the attack stops, you lose a quarter of your maximum HP and fall unconcious.(The damage isn't permenant). You may only Final Smash if: Teammate is slain, you are about to die (even though this would kill you), your family is threatened, your village is a step away from destruction, whenever the DM says it is OK.

Are these good feats?

Zeta Kai
2007-07-19, 06:43 PM
Magic Star
Touching this magical item causes it to immediately dissolve; after doing so, you are immune to all damage for 1d6+4 rounds; you cannot lose hit points during this period for any reason, either lethal or subdual; you are also immune to poison, paralysis, petrification & enchantments; you are still subject to fatigue, exhaustion, fear effects, death effects, ability damage & ability drain, however.

Fire Flower
While holding this magical flower, you can use it to project a cone of fire; this effect is identical to the breath weapon of a red dragon, with the exception that the cone can be projected continuously while the flower lasts; fire flowers are effective for 1d6+4 rounds of fire-blasting before they are expended.

Power Mushroom
By ingesting this magical fungus, you grow to be 1 size category larger that you normally are; this (generally) grants you +8 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 HD, +2 natural armor bonus, -1 to AC & attacks, +4 to Grapple checks, -4 to Hide checks, +5' to space/reach, +2 CR; this effect lasts for 1d6+4 rounds

NOTE: These items conform to the versions presented in Super Smash Brothers: Melee; I am perfectly aware that they differ significantly from their original SMB versions