PDA

View Full Version : Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself! (Feat)

Orzel
2007-07-08, 05:09 PM
Weapon Push [General, Fighter]

Prerequisites

Str 15, Int 13, Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, Power Attack

Benefit
When making a full attack action, you may replace your melee weapon or unarmed damage with your opponent's held melee, unarmed, or natural weapon damage. Attacks made with the opponent's held melee weapon made with a -2 penalty and attack made with the target's unarmed or natural weapon is made at a -4 penalty. You gain a +2 bonus to attack for each size category you are larger than the target and a -2 penalty for size category you are smaller.

Normal
You cannot hit a person's weapon into himself.

Special
A fighter may select Weapon Push as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Edit: Size bonus/penalty, Str req.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-08, 05:15 PM
So, using your little dagger you can deflect the dragon's claw onto itself, thus causing huge damage plus assumedly my own sneak attack and skirmish bonuses? Sign me up!

What's a Peach, by the way?

Poppatomus
2007-07-08, 05:18 PM
Peach stands for Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly.

Orzel
2007-07-08, 05:22 PM
PEACH= Please Evaluate And Criticize/Critique Honestly

I should add a size penalty and bonus, shouldn't I?

Also
TWF daggers vs a Heedless Greatsword Power Charger is funny.

jindra34
2007-07-08, 06:28 PM

Also

Maybe require an aposed strength check or what not.

Orzel
2007-07-08, 06:42 PM
That's too many rolls. It'll be annoying.

Just a penalty for smacking their hand and another for size. Plus it's hard to hold your arm still when someone of somewhat similar strength whacks it.

I'll raise the STR requirement though.

Justyn
2007-07-08, 08:38 PM
I'll raise the STR requirement though.

Just to point out, accourding to the Player's Handbook (P162) Strength 15 is twice as strong as the average human. I'd say that being twice as strong as the average human is a good minimum for this.

Hectonkhyres
2007-07-08, 08:58 PM
Just to point out, accourding to the Player's Handbook (P162) Strength 15 is twice as strong as the average human. I'd say that being twice as strong as the average human is a good minimum for this.

Of course the average human in the dark ages was malnourished, diseased, and generally a few steps awa from death. Even today, the average human's strength isn't anything to ooh and ahh about.

brian c
2007-07-08, 09:31 PM

Also

Yes, but also you need restrictions on the natural weapons. I don't think you'd be able to make anything bite themselves, or at least it would be more difficult than hitting themself.

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-08, 11:26 PM
Yes, but also you need restrictions on the natural weapons. I don't think you'd be able to make anything bite themselves, or at least it would be more difficult than hitting themself.

*giggles* That's a great mental image.

Poppatomus
2007-07-08, 11:37 PM

fairly easy to do though, I think:

special: this ability can only be applied to natural weapons if they do bludgeoning damage or are claw attacks.

Should also be a version of it that applies during grapples, or perhaps a bonus if you have the opponent pinned.

Fax Celestis
2007-07-08, 11:41 PM
fairly easy to do though, I think:

special: this ability can only be applied to natural weapons if they do bludgeoning damage or are claw attacks.

Should also be a version of it that applies during grapples, or perhaps a bonus if you have the opponent pinned.

Bite attacks do bludgeoning.

mabriss lethe
2007-07-08, 11:45 PM
It needs another prerequisite:

Special: The character must be an older sibling and perfected the earliest version by practicing upon them.

GRINS

Poppatomus
2007-07-08, 11:54 PM
Bite attacks do bludgeoning.

Wha??

not that I doubt that you're correct, but how the hell does that work? Have I secretly been being gummed to death all these years?

Merlin the Tuna
2007-07-09, 12:10 AM
Bite attacks do bludgeoning.Well, yes, but they do slashing and piercing, too. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#naturalWeapons) They're like uber-morningstars!

Oh, and as for this ability... Check the PHB2 for a Sor/Wiz spell entitled "Black Karma Curse." It does pretty much the same thing on a failed Will save. That should be a good reference point for where you want to start allowing it and what penalties your want to put it at.

Maldraugedhen
2007-07-09, 07:51 AM

Knock a limb in the way of the rapidly approaching jaw.

If one is within reach, anyway.

Orzel
2007-07-09, 05:15 PM
Half the things in D&D with bate attacks have overbites or underbites and long tongues.

Gotta love the different kinds of teeth we have.

Fooliodislapsis
2007-07-10, 03:54 AM
what might make more sense is a feat that allows you to attack an enemy with their held weapon if you succeed in grappling them. i larp every now and then and i've done this, its fun :smallbiggrin: