PDA

View Full Version : Eliatropes [40k]

JNAProductions
2016-09-11, 07:39 PM
Link here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tTpQJ0pSLCqWPOSwz-oSeY7WJDR9aSpbaDR7FAa86u8/edit?usp=sharing). Let me know what you think!

Forum Explorer
2016-09-12, 01:57 AM
Well I don't have time for a full on super in depth review, but I'll give you my first impressions at least.

First off, Endless Wakfu and Bountiful Wakful are identical.

The base gun being AP 4 is really brutal to some armies and almost irrelevant to space marines. It makes the army weaker to the best armies while stomping on the weakest armies, which I don't like.

Ignores Cover power. I know ignores cover isn't all that hard to get in other armies, but it's really exasperates the above problem. Also your entire army almost has this because everyone's a psyker.

Lightspeed Dash: I'd reword to 'The psyker and his unit ignore all movement effects of terrain for this turn.' I'd also make it Warp Charge 1.

Portal Guard: I'd just change it to having a super charged version rather then requiring it to be cast twice.

Dragons: I like the concept, but I really don't see the benefits for being in human form. It's almost always better to be in dragon form (Like 85% of the time). Also did you intend to be able to shapeshift while in close combat? I can't tell as it's written.

I can't find the point costs for taking heavy/special weapons anywhere.

I do think one of three things need to happen. The entire army isn't Mastery Level 1+, the entire army isn't jump, or everything gets slightly more expensive. As is, you generate a massive amount of dice to use at powers, pretty much have every power on the list, and have an insane amount of mobility.

JNAProductions
2016-09-12, 11:09 AM
Woops-Endless Wakfu is supposed to be ML 4.

I can adjust it up to AP 5-I thought 4 would be good, but I'm not married to the AP.

I'm not sure what to replace it with, then-perhaps another Witchfire?

For Lightspeed Dash, I'd really like to keep it as is-do you think it's balanced at Warp Charge 2, or does it need nerfing?

I actually like the necessity of requiring multiple units to cast it. Do you think it's unbalanced, though? Or do you just think it'd be more elegant to have a Turbo-charged version?

Dragons in human form have better WS, I, more attacks, and an Invulnerable. (Improved Invulnerable, in the case of an Ancient.) Is that enough to encourage switching between forms? And yeah, I don't see why you couldn't shapeshift in Close Combat.

Page two.

I'd really like to keep the mobility and psychic powers, so what points costs do you think would be fair?

JNAProductions
2016-09-12, 01:02 PM
Made most all non-HQ models about 4 points more expensive. Some more, some less.

Edit: Oh, and made a couple of guns AP 5.

Forum Explorer
2016-09-12, 01:50 PM
Woops-Endless Wakfu is supposed to be ML 4.

I can adjust it up to AP 5-I thought 4 would be good, but I'm not married to the AP.

I'm not sure what to replace it with, then-perhaps another Witchfire?

For Lightspeed Dash, I'd really like to keep it as is-do you think it's balanced at Warp Charge 2, or does it need nerfing?

I actually like the necessity of requiring multiple units to cast it. Do you think it's unbalanced, though? Or do you just think it'd be more elegant to have a Turbo-charged version?

Dragons in human form have better WS, I, more attacks, and an Invulnerable. (Improved Invulnerable, in the case of an Ancient.) Is that enough to encourage switching between forms? And yeah, I don't see why you couldn't shapeshift in Close Combat.

Page two.

I'd really like to keep the mobility and psychic powers, so what points costs do you think would be fair?

Sure.

Well what do you mean by movement rolls? Is that only difficult terrain tests?

It's easier to do 2 warp charge 2 spells then 1 warp charge 4. Also it's more elegant.

Better WS and I is usually pointless, and the extra attack seemed to rarely be worth it. I did miss that the dragon form didn't have the invulnerable.

I don't know. The four point increase seems to be relatively fair at least.

JNAProductions
2016-09-12, 02:35 PM
Sure.

Well what do you mean by movement rolls? Is that only difficult terrain tests?

It's easier to do 2 warp charge 2 spells then 1 warp charge 4. Also it's more elegant.

Better WS and I is usually pointless, and the extra attack seemed to rarely be worth it. I did miss that the dragon form didn't have the invulnerable.

I don't know. The four point increase seems to be relatively fair at least.

Difficult Terrain, Run rolls, and Charges are what I can think of.

Is it? I actually don't know, but thinking about the math, I think it'd be about the same. And this is actually harder-you need to roll the same power multiple times.

What else would you propose changing between Dragon and Humanoid forms?

JNAProductions
2016-09-12, 07:55 PM
Okay! I had a complete overhaul, adding a bunch of new units!

It's not quite complete, but here's Eliatropes Mk II (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJgPvxwnlULHga-ovkC3X5EpPgKsW1H9mrGVS54rh18/edit?usp=sharing).

Note: Disciplines are not done yet. Xelor Discipline is about time manipulation. Eniripsa Discipline is about healing.