PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lawful Evil?

Zhentarim
2016-09-11, 11:21 PM
1. I couldn't state explicity exactly what laws she follows, and without a clear and explicit code, lawful becomes meaningless.

2. Yes. She is last in the line of succession to the Archduchy, and if something happened to Abrogail, she would be the retainer for her infant child. She also has great pride for the purity of her blood, and she will refer to non-thrune NPCs as "mutts" if they get on her bad side. She does not take insults to House Thrune lightly, and will use one of the many laws against speaking out against house Thrune as a reason to take them into custody. She will let a hellknight know shortly after so she doesn't have to deal with the blood. The rules of succession are very clear, and murdering a noble would be both cause for execution and a waste of good blood. She dreams of finding some legal loophole to reposition herself, or better yet, having her sisters give up their place in the line of succession voluntarily and with a contract.

3. I like that. I find that when I'm in character, I have to be a little indignant and thin-skinned to defend my "properness".

4. If she keeps an enemy alive, she can handcuff and interrogate them. Dead men tell no tells. Also, the paperwork is a headache.

5. I could see that. She sees chaotic evil torture as gross and overdone. She, on the other hand is a very elegant, proper noble who works with finess and with honor to be both honest and within the laws of Cheliax (Laws elsewhere she would largely ignore unless it caused problems, since she is loyal to her nation first and foremost).

6. I also know archons are going to be in this game as about half of the main enemies, so I put a point into Knowledge (Religion) because she hit the books on those, too. I will keep your approach in mind.

7. She is a follower of Asmodeus, Aunt Abrogail, her mother, and nobles above her station. She is a rival to her sisters and she is a leader to those lower in rank than she is. She doesn't think much of them, but she tries to subtly manipulate her sisters and the even lower nobles and commoners into doing what she wants.

8. The long-term game is the game tonight, but she is all about using the proper channels.

By the way, I found out there are traps in this game, so I went VMC rouge.

This is different enough to warrant a new thread, but it is connected to an old thread. More tomorrow.