PDA

View Full Version : [FFd6] The Key Wielders {Chapter 1st} IC

Yael
2016-09-11, 11:27 PM
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1899878&stc=1&d=1390980220

Chapter 1st {The Door has Oppened}

It's a new day, they say. In a land where magic and monsters are an everyday thing, you would wonder why civilization is still standing on their ground? The reason is because of HEROES. Heroes are who mantain the safety of the citizens of Ivalice, be by clans or by lone wolves, they are always there, saving the day for those who cannot defend themselves. This story is about a certain group of heroes, whose destiny was unique. How so? Well... Let me tell you... It all started a cold day of Skyfrost, near the end of the year, in the city of Moorabella, in the region of Jylland, of course...

The streets are crowded as usual, in the snowy Moorabella. The airships are coming and going, taking here and there the busy people of the land, wether be because of scholarship or clan business. The "capital of magick" is a strong point within the Jylland region, because of its schoolars, the Nu Mou Wizardry academy lies here, where the most prominent sages come from.

You all are at the central plaza, minding your own business, whatever if they are for your goals or not, Moorabella is a place for starts, as it connects the different landmasses around Ivalice.

Please roll your awareness inside a spoiler tag.

Omoikane13
2016-09-12, 06:42 AM
Ezra is outside, despite the snow, having never particularly felt the cold. Observing the passers-by in the plaza, he took long sips from something that seemed to be coffee, but tasted nothing like it. He ignored the looks the other patrons of the café gave the large spear resting against the table.

[roll0]

Merilan
2016-09-12, 04:56 PM
Just how long... have I been walking...? Water... I want water... I need...

A pale, white-haired woman, no more than a teenager or perhaps someone in her earliest twenties, limped onto the snowy city of Moorabella, in the Jylland region. She had lost count of how many minutes, hours she'd walked; the images of dead bodies piled atop each other, fragments of swords and broken hafts of spears littered about her were still fresh on her mind. She couldn't escape the acrid smell of burning flesh and freshly spilled blood; the stains of gunpowder and the soot from explosives still clung onto her.

A small fae-like creature, no more than a foot tall, tried to guide her towards the city gates. She had green hair and a cute triangle hat that seemed reminiscent of a white mage's, as well as white robes with inverted triangles upon them.

"I can't go on anymore..." she whispered faintly, slumping to her knees the moment she touched cobblestone. Her clothes were little more than tatters at this point. The various cuts and bruises, as well as a nasty gash that she'd staved off with emergency first aid, had sapped her energy to the breaking point.

Awareness - 6

Lokyar
2016-09-12, 11:46 PM
Siera looked at the city from atop Azure Dream, digging her hands into the pockets of her coat to let them thaw a bit from the run. The little spirit that had led her this far was nowhere to be seen, resting after managing the next set of direction that had led her to Moorabella. She knew little about this place, but what she did know had her excited. Magic was rare where she came from. Here? Here they had schools that taught it. With a gentle nudge she got her chocobo back into motion.

As she approached the city she saw a woman stumbling, and with her attention drawn she noticed the splotches of blood and the various cuts that her clothing didn't cover. As the woman collapsed Sierra reacted instinctively, tapping Azure's neck to send her into a canter. Nearing her Sierra slipped off to one side and dismounted quickly, rushing over.

Seeing the doll-like creature next to her turn in response she raised her hands and exclaimed "I can help!" When it didn't immediately respond she approached and cupped a hand in front of her mouth. She breathed out gently and a small cloud of pollen gathered in it. Releasing the cloud it descended over her patient and Sierra smiled warmly as she saw the cuts begin to knit together. "My name is Sierra. Are you okay?"

[roll0]

Yael
2016-09-13, 12:56 AM
Sierra closes Lacryma offering her aid, while Erza drinks a coffee at Mugby's.

You all notice that the merchants are stocking out their wares, rather early. In fact, this is rather unusual as it's not even that late. Some of them look as if they were rushing their exit.
You had a better view overall, you can see that there is some individual in a brown-featureless cloak going from stand to stand, talking to the ears of the merchants. They start closing their wares the very moment the figure leaves.

Merilan
2016-09-13, 02:42 AM
At first, Lacryma wasn't certain what the pollen was, gasping in reaction -- but it only took a moment before their soothing nature took her over, and made her relax. "Ohh... please, water..." she quietly begged, placing one hand to her throat. She stared up towards the girl that had just assisted her, saved her life. "My name is... um--" she bit at her lip, rubbing at her temples shakily. The effects of the drugs that she'd been afflicted with were still upon her, making her mind rather cloudy; so many details escaped her right now. With another noise of exertion, she whispered:

"... Lacryma ... I think..."

Lokyar
2016-09-13, 05:52 AM
Sierra fumbles through her bags for a bit before pulling out a container, handing it to Lacryma. "Can you walk? Just a short distance? We should find somewhere you can rest for a bit."

Merilan
2016-09-13, 05:58 AM
Lacryma gratefully accepted the container, fumbling with the cap for a moment before unceremoniously drinking from it. It wasn't until a bit after, after she'd caught her breath, that she quietly nodded and tried to push herself up to her feet... unsteadily, saying, "Y-yes, I think I can manage..."

The doll-like creature next to her looked intensely relieved, and then did a little cute twirl and a bow.

Omoikane13
2016-09-13, 07:14 AM
Noting the brown-robed person, Ezra downs the rest of his coffee, taking a quick glance to the first aid going on and deciding he wasn't needed. He walks over to the stranger, and simply taps them on the shoulder.

Dannir
2016-09-13, 04:59 PM
A brown Bangaa wearing a loose blue tunic wanders the town. Coming from the direction of the academy, he has his head in a book, miraculously keeping himself from bumping into anyone.
Eventually, he finds himself on the plaza. From the corner of his vision, he notices he's about to run into someone.

Coincidentally, they were the injured pale woman and the one helping her. He stops himself at the last moment, looking up from his book. "Oh, ssorry, didn't ssee you there." Upon further inspection, he notices the white haired's trouble in standing. "Ah... Are you quite alright, misss?"
Of course, he'd also seen the doll. That would require further insspection, if he could, but this seemed to be a more important matter.

[roll0]

Lokyar
2016-09-13, 06:32 PM
Sierra stops short and she looks up at the person in front of them. And then up some more. "Oh. Hello. Um, I've healed her injuries but she's still suffering from dehydration and exhaustion. I'm bringing her somewhere she can rest."

Yael
2016-09-14, 01:16 AM
Erza closes to the robed stranger and taps on its shoulder. He or she startles, and stops its motion. "Your fates are tied... The door wil open soon, you got to reach the Keyhole before it is too late." He whispers in a deep voice that rumbles inside the dragoon's head, causing him a great headache... By the time Erza recovers, the stranger is nowhere to be seen, it seems.

A young moogle closes to where the three humes and the bangaa were. "It's everything cool here? I can take you into my inn, kupo. She does not look good, kupopo!" Says in a friendly, worried voice.

Because the plaza is emptying out now, you notice the weird man, but your conversation with the humes distracte you. A moment later, that man is nowhere to be spotted, except for a man with a spear and light armor. Who looks a bit dazzled.I was actually playing Hearhstone before posting here, and I almost typed murloc instead of moogle.

It would have been fun "a fish-like being with spines closes in, and says: mrghrmhrghrgrhth''

Merilan
2016-09-14, 01:26 AM
Lacryma's gaze drifted off for a moment, as if she could lapse into unconsciousness at any time, but she shook her head and redoubled her efforts to remain awake. "Please, if it is not too much trouble..." She clutched her arms around herself a little tighter.

The doll-like fae near her bobbled in the air closely and protectively, saluting at Darsa and Sierra with a very merp-y look of gratitude. "Traya, stay close to me too..."

Omoikane13
2016-09-14, 05:59 AM
Ezra moves over to the huddle, giving a few penetrating states to any sources of snickering, and helps the moogle usher everyone inside despite his now pounding head.

"I agree. I think it's best if you got inside." he mutters, looking around as the last of the shopkeepers leave not due to the stranger but due to the spectacle. "Something isn't right here. "

Dannir
2016-09-14, 03:11 PM
Darsa frowns, his gaze lingering where the man with a spear now stands. Had his eyes played tricks on him?

He looks towards the moogle who invites the four to his inn. He nods. "Thiss is probably for the besst. She needs resst." He takes another look around. "And I'm getting the feeling thiss isn't the time to sstay outsside as well."

Yael
2016-09-15, 01:33 AM
You four enter the Bronze Tree Inn, which is pretty unnocupied. It is not really in the center of the plaza, it's half a block from where you were before.

"You can use this room, kupo." The moogle says jumping to a doorknob and opening it swiftly. "I've not had guests in some time, but you do look in need, and something's wrong in the plaza, so you can stay for a while if you need, kupopo."

The place is confortable to your eyes, it's clean and with a rustic looks all over the place. The place has only one floor, but holds a high ceiling, which it uses to its maximum, having rooms for creatures your size, and tiny rooms on top of those, probably for small races like the nu mou and moogles.

"For the others, you can use these others, I won't charge you anything for a day or two, so don't be a stranger, kupo!" He says while pointing to a hallway, probably with more rooms for guests. "Ah, my manners! My name is Moostag, nice to meet you. And dinner's in two hours, kupo."

Merilan
2016-09-15, 05:08 PM
"Thank... thank you," Lacryma found her voice fading as the others helped her towards a room with a bed. Within moments of being tucked in, whatever adrenaline sustained her up until this point left her body, and she was out like a light.

The doll-like sprite -- Traya -- sat ontop of the blankets and folded her arms, approximating the look of a very adorable defender. Salute! She looked very grateful to everyone.

Lokyar
2016-09-15, 07:45 PM
After tucking in Lacryma and checking once more to ensure she didn't have a fever Sierra returned to the group and bowed gratefully. "Thank you for your hospitality, Moostag. My name is Sierra Auton . She said her name was Lacryma, and I caught the name of Traya for her little friend."

Omoikane13
2016-09-16, 12:26 AM
"You did well getting to her so quickly. I'm Ezra Krieg. And I think we have two standing questions. One, where did Lacryma come from. And Two, what on earth is happening today with that plaza. Any of you know anything about doors or keyholes?" Ezra puts emphasis on the words 'door' and 'keyhole', indicating he isn't talking about the few hundred in the inn

Dannir
2016-09-16, 03:44 AM
The Bangaa, once everyone is inside the inn, bows formally to the moogle. "Indeed, you have our thankss, Moostag." He turns his eyes to the others. "I am Darssa Marduk. A pleasure to meet you all." He glances towards Lacryma. "I believe for your firsst quesstion, Ezra, we will have to wait for her to wake. As for your second quesstion... Hm..." He hums in thought pacing for a few seconds. Doors and keyholes...

I'm going to assume that if Lore (Everything) can't tell me anything on the matter, nothing ever will but receiving exposition from another source.
Lore(Everything): [roll0]

Lokyar
2016-09-16, 06:53 AM
Sierra's eyes widen at the second question. "Is it a door where one shouldn't find a doorway, with a keyhole too large for a key?"

As though summoned by the line of questioning a series of tiny sparks of ephemeral color faded into existence around Sierra's head, coalescing into a half dozen transparent butterflies that seemed to flit in and out of sight around her. A single more solid butterfly at the center of the miniature swarm landed on her head. "It looks like he's rested again. This is the nature spirit that taught me to heal, and the reason I've come this far. It gave me a vision of a strange door. He seemed to urgently want me to seek it out and has been guiding me towards it, though that's been very tiring for him."

Omoikane13
2016-09-16, 02:51 PM
"Brilliant." Ezra sarcastically adds. "Something fishy is definitely going on here. My last client's mansion had, shall we say, a few too many doors, most of which had wonky keyholes. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but it's obvious now. Darssa? Any doors in your past?"

Yael
2016-09-17, 05:43 PM
Sorry for the delay.
You have heard about a theory about multiple worlds, that are supposedly connected via a keyhole or a door, but the theory has no solid sustain, furthermore the theorist is dissapeared, he or she only showed up once, and presented his theory, not waiting for his acceptance or any other constructive criticism from the scientific community. The theory haven't fallen into your hands, so you've never read it, just heard it somewhere in the University.

While you are all speaking, another group enters the inn, you can tell because of the noise their armour makes when they enter. One of them claims his name is "The great Mi-Dora, slayer of a thousand thunder drakes." But you're sure you've never heard of him, by his speech pattern and language, you can tell he's a hume, not too old. If you take a peek, you can see his physical appearance. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F7nuC4VYTc8/Uuq56wElL6I/AAAAAAAADvo/ad7RQJCSyd4/s1600/Dragon+Slayer+Trucos.jpg

Moostag acts as friendly as with you, offering a chargeless room for a while. You could tell those aren't fine business, but the moogle doesn't look very worried about giving free rooms, at least for now. Along with the "slayer of a thousand thunder drakes" comes a viera holding a long bow, and a nu mou with blue robes, and a strawy hat.

About half an hour after you arrove, the innkeeper enters the room with a bowl of soup, to give Lacryma. "This will feel your injured friend better, kupo. Make sure she eats the whole soup." And he leaves to continue his hosting.

If you guys want to continue conversating, it is fine. Tell me if you want me to continue otherwise, because I don't want to rush things without giving you opportunity to roleplay.

Merilan
2016-09-17, 06:23 PM
Lacryma was stirring and tossing a little in her sleep, rather restless. She didn't appear to have a fever, but it seemed clear that there was a lot of distress on her mind, subconsciously or otherwise. Traya perked over and peered at the soup, before twirling about and giving a silent salute of 'thanks!'.

Dannir
2016-09-18, 09:06 AM
Strange doors and wonky keyholes. This certainly reminds Darsa of something. "I musst ssay I've not sseen ssuch a door mysself." He states. "But I've heard of a theory. It never resceived much sscrutiny, ssinsce the one who put it forward didn't sstick around. But it goes that there are more worlds out there, and that there are doors, and keyholes. It'ss posssible that thiss is the ssort of door you're talking about."

He glances towards Mi-Dora and his group while they come in. Best not bother them, he figures.

When Moostag comes in to give the bowl of soup, Darsa nods in aknowledgement. "Thank you. We will."

Lokyar
2016-09-18, 05:33 PM
Sierra bowed to Moostag as he brought the soup. "Thank you, you've been very kind to us."

Turning back to the others she seemed a bit conflicted. "Perhaps the magic college here could tell us more. It's my whole reason for leaving home...but..." She glanced back towards the room where Lacryma was resting. "But I can't just leave her here. I know it's strange but I guess you could call it a healer's duty. I've taken responsibility until she's better. I'm sorry, can you wait just a little while longer?"

This last was said to the butterfly, who alighted onto her head as though to confirm it didn't mind a little time to rest. Sierra smiled and used her shoulder to open the door, moving to the bedside. Setting down the bowl on a nearby nightstand she placed a hand over Lacryma's forehead and emanated a tinge of healing energy to alleviate any discomfort she might be experiencing.

"Lacryma, can you hear me? The innkeeper brought food. You should eat something to regain your strength."

Omoikane13
2016-09-19, 01:44 PM
"Thank you Moostag"
Ezra eyes the newcomers, laughing quietly to himself as he notices how ornate Mi-Dora's armor is. Parade gear. Poser. Best not to point it out though.
"For now we're not in any rush, at least until anything happens. We can wait until she's up and moving. Maybe Lacryma can shed some light on this as well."

Merilan
2016-09-19, 04:52 PM
Lacryma made a tiny, very weary-sounding groan as she stirred to wakefulness. "Um..." She took shallow and erratic breaths as she glanced around the room, eyes unfocused, and slowly sat up to a seated position. "Oh... thank you..."

She quietly took the soup bowl from Sierra, and took gentle sips from it; it didn't seem like she had much of an appetite, but she was trying to at least fill her body with food so she could help it recover.

Dannir
2016-09-20, 04:20 PM
Darsa nods towards Sierra. "I can undersstand that. You've taken responssibility for her health. It makess ssensse to ssee it through. Honesstly, if ssomething is wrong outsside, I'd rather sstay here until we know more about it." He states.

He looks towards Lacryma when she's awoken. He frowns at her still sorry state. Good thing Sierra had gotten to her in time.

Yael
2016-09-20, 10:22 PM
The afternoon comes, and then the night. Moorabella is a busy city, during daylight though. Its proximity to the peak of Magicka from Jylland comes at a price, as some of the most powerful creatures dwell in the place, so being outside during night time is just crazy. So night Moorabella is quiet, and most sounds come from the motors in the airships at the airport. Aside from those, there's few here and there sounds from people, or animals.

Shall I fast forward to next day?

Unless you want to do something during the night.

Merilan
2016-09-20, 10:51 PM
Lacryma finished the soup with some effort, and quickly returned to her sleep; it didn't seem like she was in too much more physical trouble with Sierra's timely aid, but it also seemed clear that exhaustion and injury weren't her only troubles, given how stilted and cloudy her responses could be. Even through the night, her little spirit Traya floated about with a vigilant, if adorable eye, not seeming to need any rest of her own.

I'm good to skip to the next day!

Yael
2016-09-21, 07:03 PM
You are falling in space. You won't recognize anything, but stars. It could even not be space, but it just looks like it.

Falling.

Falling.

And still falling.

How long has it been since you stood still on the ground?

Falling.

Then, you're stepping on something that looks like stained glass, that has the size of the Moorabella plaza's square. If you try to give it form, it looks like a blonde girl, sitting on a shroom. Around her, figures surround her, a crowned woman, a rabbit, a man with a hat, a hare, and a cat? Under that, even another circle forms with more weird creatures.http://orig06.deviantart.net/e509/f/2008/197/4/0/kh_stained_glass___alice_by_bastrulez.jpg

You're just there, standing. Your body moves forward, steppinginto the edge of the platform. When your foot is about to make you lose balance and fall, a shiny step appears, floating apparently, then another one, and another one, forming a set of stairs all together that goes upwards into space.

You follow that, you don't know why, but you do. Maybe you're being controlled? Maybe not, but whatever the case, you don't feel uneasy, actually you're feeling in deep calm, just as if that's where you want to be. Probably.

Your steps end abruptly, but your motion won't stop, suddendly, when you think you're going to fall (again), your step hits another glass, which turns on itself as if it was a shockwave of bright green light, ending with another combination of figures, this time of another blonde woman, older than the first, in a purple dress, surrounded by thorny vines, and on the top the figures of what you could tell Black Mages, huh? At the opposite side of the stained glass lies a simple door, with a big tall door, completely different from the art below your feet.http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomhearts/images/b/b3/Station_of_Awakening-_Aurora_(Art)_KH.png/revision/latest?cb=20120316224316

A hard knock disturb your dreams, followed by a cute-kind of happy voice that sang while giving an advice for everyone inside the Bronze Tree Inn.

''Breakfast's ready!''

Merilan
2016-09-21, 07:54 PM
Dreams, and especially perturbing ones, were not uncommon for Lacryma. Many of her nights were spent trawling through ethereal and spiritual landscapes, so pulled by the call of the spirits was she; that, or revisiting images of the past. Faint images of her trivial village from the valley, now up in flames.

Tonight's dream was particularly... peculiar, however. She'd never seen such imagery before. But she couldn't say she was a learned girl either. She fell... and fell...

As might be expected, Lacryma didn't rouse particularly fast -- but she did sit up, very slowly and groggily; she placed a hand to her forehead quietly, and sat there for a few minutes nursing her head as Traya floated quietly and worriedly over her.

Lokyar
2016-09-21, 10:30 PM
In the moment Sierra tried to rush forward towards the door she awoke, her sudden motion throwing her up and over the side of the bed to land on the floor in a heap. "Ow...."

After collecting herself she emerged from her room to check on Lacryma, hair more frazzled than the previous day despite her quick attempt to get it under control. When she quietly opened the door and found her sitting up she entered the room. "Good morning. Are you feeling any better?"

Merilan
2016-09-22, 03:04 AM
Lacryma blinked once and pulled her head up slowly, making a groggy little noise. "Oh... better, yes," she tried to say, though her voice still felt a bit stilted. "My head still hurts, though... thank you for the soup last night..."

Lokyar
2016-09-22, 04:03 AM
Sierra crosses the room and places a hand against Lacryma's forehead, releasing a minor pulse of healing magic again to dull the pain. "This won't last long, and doing it too often will only make things worse in the long run, but this should alleviate the pain long enough to eat breakfast in comfort. Are you feeling up to walking, or should I bring something?"

Omoikane13
2016-09-22, 03:26 PM
Goddamn doors. Bloody everywhere recently. One of these days he'd have to stay somewhere open plan. Ezra gets out of bed quickly and speedily dresses, military training taking over, and goes out to the refectory, quickly grabbing something mild and filling along with an obligatory coffee, and finds a table to sit at to wait for the others, wondering if Lacryma will be physically able to get up. By the noise, he suspects Mi-Dora and his posse are also awake, but ignores them.

Dannir
2016-09-22, 03:37 PM
Darsa grunts as he wakes. For a few moments, he lies in his bed, first looking around in a still hazy state. Then, he recalls the dream he'd had that night. A fall... Odd stained glass, depicting people and things he's never met or heard of. And at the end... At the end...

He frowns. A door? Is it the discussion the previous day that put doors on his mind? Or a genuine sign? Only one way to find out. He rolls out of bed and goes about his morning routine, if a bit shortened due to a lack of clean clothes to replace what he was wearing the previous day. Good thing Bangaas aren't known for sweating.

Eventually, he enters Lacryma's house, seeing Sierra already there. "Oh. I ssee I wasn't the only one who wanted to check on Lacryma here. Is everything alright?"

Merilan
2016-09-22, 05:25 PM
"I--I will be... I think..." Lacryma let out a little sigh of relief as Sierra healed her again, and slipped out of the bed slowly and started to her feet, finding herself unsteady. But she regained her sense of balance after a moment, breathing a little laboriously. "I feel like my head is still very cloudy... I cannot think of a lot of things..." She bit her lip. "But I remember having a very strange dream of... falling... I saw these large depictions of glass upon the floor...?"

Lokyar
2016-09-23, 05:19 AM
"Of a girl surrounded by fantastic creatures, and a princess threatened by thorns and vines..." Sierra practically whispers. "Leading to a door in the void. I'm sorry."

Turning to sit down in a nearby chair she takes a deep breath. "This might be my fault. A nature spirit brought me here through visions to find it, but it hasn't been an easy journey. It might be using me to reach out to more people now that we're drawing closer."

Merilan
2016-09-23, 06:48 AM
Lacryma placed her arms around herself, looking at Traya to say, "Traya here... I think she was the one who led me here too, after I woke up on that..." She shivered for a moment, starting to have tremors and convulsions. "That awful place. So full of blood..."

She shook her head and tried to centre herself again. "If it is a spiritual matter, perhaps I can help you... it would only be proper, after all you've done for me."

Dannir
2016-09-23, 02:15 PM
Darsa frowns at the things the girls mention. He had intended to speak of this once they found Ezra as well. "Glasss and doors... Odd. I remember such a dream as well, jusst thiss night." He notes.

"I wouldn't be sso quick to asssume that it has to do with sspiritss, but it'ss a posssibility. Either way, I intend to ssee what thiss is about." He adds, humming in thought as he leans against the wall, near the door.

Lokyar
2016-09-25, 04:59 AM
Sierra stands and nods vigorously. "So do I."

Merilan
2016-09-25, 10:43 PM
"You both... had the dream too? Hm..." Lacryma seemed a little out of it still, but shook her head. "Um, breakfast would be nice, I suppose... I think I heard someone call out for it? I'm still not quite aware..."

Dannir
2016-09-26, 04:57 PM
Darsa nods, glancing out the door. "Now that I think about it, I did hear ssomething about breakfasst as well."

Yael
2016-09-26, 06:32 PM
Knocks are heard on the door, they hit repeatedly and then stop.

''Is anyone in this room who's eating their breakfast?'' This time, a womanly voice sounds behind the wooden, rustic door. ''Mr. Moostag's asking if you're coming.'' She says. Obviously it is not Moostag who's behind the door. Her steps couldn't be heard, even in the crackling wood planks on the floor, so either she's flying or pretty slim.

Meanwhile, at the dinner.

Mi-Dora eats his food, he leaves no place for manners and ravages the plate. His companions do act differently, with a look of embarrasment when Erza comes by, and sits on a chair in a different table from where the Mi-Dora crew lies. The room is big enough to hold two tables that can fit eight people each, but because of the shelves and other decorations, the space looks full when it really isn't.

"Are you a... *sigh* A clan member?" The viera asks the dragoon with a smile on her lips, sighing as if she was tired or something. Her voice is low enough to not be heard, but with enough potence to not be mistaken by his boss' animal sounds.

Merilan
2016-09-26, 06:36 PM
Lacryma pips a little when the knock on the door came, and she glanced down at her rather ruined clothing. It couldn't really be helped. "Ah, I will have some... breakfast," she resolved for herself, and Traya bobbled up by her side with a twirl and a smile.

The white-haired girl looked a little bit timid as she glanced around the diner, taking careful steps each way and holding onto the railing to ensure she wouldn't fall over. She sat down with the others, perhaps recognising Ezra from yesterday -- but she wasn't sure. "Good... morning," she greeted him.

Yael
2016-09-26, 06:45 PM
As you oppened the door, you met with a viera woman with a maid uniform. When you did exit the room, she was surprised to see your clothing. ''Oh my! How can you wear such clothes!'' Without really asking, she takes Lacryma to her quarters and gifts her a change of clothes.
''Viera and Humes aren't that different when talking about fashion. Have these, I'm not using them anyway. Have them.'' Before she leaves to give you room to change clothes, she turns again and smiles. ''The name's Krynn.'' And she leaves to the dinner.

Merilan
2016-09-26, 07:01 PM
Lacryma looked a bit surprised, yelping softly as she was ushered into the maid's quarters. When she came out again, she was dressed in a tight black sweater and short black skirt, with white leggings and gloves to match. "Oh, um, thank you, Miss Krynn... I really appreciate it." She picked at the clothing a little, hoping that it was presentable. Then, she went down to the dinner as before, to meet up with the others.

Lokyar
2016-09-26, 08:30 PM
Sierra giggled a bit at Lacryma's surprise at being ushered away. While the viera maid handled the older girl Sierra left the room and went down to grab breakfast. Seeing the older soldier that they'd spoken with the other day she joined his table and smiled warmly. "Good morning, Mr. Krieg. Did you sleep well?"

Omoikane13
2016-09-28, 02:56 PM
To Sienna, Ezra pleasantly greets her "Very well, thank you Sierra. How about you? Oh, and call me Ezra."

To Lacryma, light surprise with an undercurrent of concern. "Up already? I'm impressed. You must be a strong one, or at least a quick recoverer. Did the rest do you well?"

Ezra gestured for everyone to sit at the table he was at, then turns to address the viera. "I haven't been a clanner for years. Why do you ask, regretting the lifestyle?" he gently teases

Merilan
2016-09-28, 03:24 PM
Lacryma nodded faintly and said, "My body feels a bit sore, but fine. But I feel... clouded," she rubbed at her head. "I can't seem to really recall many things..."

Dannir
2016-09-28, 05:13 PM
Having returned to his room with an amused chuckle while Lacryma was effectively dragged off, Darsa arrives at the table right after Lacryma. He smiles at the sight of everyone having gathered. "Ah, good to ssee you, ssir Ezra. I hope your dreams were undissturbed." He states while he takes his seat.

He frowns with concern at Lacryma's declaration that her memories are clouded. "I ssupose we should have sseen that coming, conssidering the sstate you were in. I do hope that what memories refuse to come to you will return."

Merilan
2016-10-01, 09:02 PM
Lacryma nodded with a rather plain look of concern on her face. "I... I do hope so. ... I feel a bit disconcerted. I cannot even remember where I... came from, or--" She paused, and then put another hand on her head. "or what cities or towns I know." Some part of her worried, perhaps, that such knowledge may not even have existed in her in the first place.

Traya floated and sat on the table in her space, and began to nip at breakfast adorably.

Lokyar
2016-10-01, 09:35 PM
"Don't force it, and don't let it worry you." Sierra spoke between bites of food. "We all have things we can do with ease, and things that are harder. Relaxing doesn't mean quitting, and worrying doesn't help you get ready to try again. That's what my father always taught me."

Omoikane13
2016-10-02, 01:06 PM
"I suppose it would make sense to start enquiring about a few things today then" Ezra adds "Because we're not getting anything done just sitting around, and Lacryma looks impressively better. And something doesn't seem right." Ezra leans back in his chair.

Dannir
2016-10-02, 05:27 PM
Darsa frowns towards Lacryma with concern. "Do not sstrain yoursself too hard trying to remember." He says, putting a hand on her back in what he hopes will be even the tiniest bit comforting. "You are sstill recovering, after all. Ssierra is right: The time will come for you to remember, if it is nescesssary. It is no use worrying over the ansswer to ssuch a puzzle while the piesces are misssing."

He then nods towards Ezra. "I would ssay you're right, if misss Lacryma feels up to it. Ssomething about thiss door businesss sseems inexplicably important."

Merilan
2016-10-02, 05:31 PM
Lacryma nodded at Darsa and Sierra, though she didn't look too consoled by that fact. "You are both right, of course... it is just... disconcerting, to be such a blank slate. For all I know, given I woke up in such a horrible place, there could be people after me. I could be putting other people in danger..." She paused, and then said, "But, the concern of the door is a more immediate one. I'll help you, however I can. That's only right."

Lokyar
2016-10-03, 06:34 PM
Sierra smiled at Lacyrma before returning her attention to Ezra. "We were going to ask at the mage's college about...um...some dream stuff. It's probably nothing." She hastily added, as though embarrassed. "But it might be related to something a spirit wants me to do."

Omoikane13
2016-10-05, 02:02 PM
"Dream stuff? What kind of dream stuff?" Ezra's tone is a little more tense "And why do you think a Mage's College would know about it?"

Yael
2016-10-05, 03:42 PM
''The College is a good place to fill any blanks, kupo.'' The innkeeper shows up with a plate for himself. ''How are you doing today, miss?'' Moostag finally adds.

''For your... *sigh* Questions, I'd recommend visiting Master Azel...'' The viera speaks while their group leave. The Killer of Drakes rushed his food and hastly doned his armor, causing rattle in his room, and the hallway. A strong feel of displeasure could be felt emanating from the maid's face, but the two allies of Mi-Dora would be gentler, and apologize for his childish behavior. ''Say hi to him from Ka'zura... *sigh* If you end up visiting him.''

Dannir
2016-10-06, 06:08 PM
"The college is a good plasce to look for informastion on anything that might be magical." Darsa notes. "I can already think of a line of quesstioning." He adds.

He turns his head to Moostag, and then towards the Viera, nodding to the later. "Ah, thank you. We will keep thiss in mind and relay the messsage if we have the chansce."

Merilan
2016-10-06, 06:20 PM
Lacryma looked at Moostag and bowed her head. "Much better, thank you. I owe you for your generosity..." Traya did a cute twirl and curtseyed, next to Lacryma.

Lokyar
2016-10-06, 07:30 PM
Standing from the table, causing an awkward clatter, Sierra bowed gratefully to the pair. "Thank you for all of your kindness."

Looking around the table she took in the others' appearance. "Should we go?"

Omoikane13
2016-10-09, 05:46 AM
"Thank you indeed Moostag. And I think you're right. Time to leave and figure out what's going on" Ezra says, rising slowly but surely and stretching like a cat.

Merilan
2016-10-13, 05:15 PM
Lacryma nodded and pulled up to her feet gently, bowing. "I will repay your generosity, I promise it. Let's go, Traya..." The little sprite bobbled around her, and she followed people out the door.

Yael
2016-10-13, 06:28 PM
The group exits the Bronze Tree, and heads for the mage college. Unlike yesterday, today's very lively at the plaza. Everyone's selling and buying to their hearts content. You arrive to a very tall building with eldrich carvings on the walls, pretty decorative, by the way. It was located near the end of the city, by the cliffs that allowed better storage for airships. After walking the bridge, you would enter the main gates, which oppened automatically, as if enchanted.

http://www.pandius.com/47781064dae6850fb16a0e5732eba34e1e82310885025.jpg

Inside the building there are several humanoids minding their own business. Black, White, and Blue mages are on the area. The main hall lacks ceiling, which allows for a nice view of the morning sky. A white-robed woman closes to you. Her robes are snow-white, with red arrows at the very bottom. Her hair is blonde and has its hair in two braids that make her look regal. She wears boots up to above her knees, and a skirt that is just enough to cover what's needed to be covered. She speaks in a lousy-somewhat annoyed voice, but her face reveals true curiosity.

''Hello, I haven't seen you around before. May I help you?''http://66.media.tumblr.com/369bd3b971e96024c6d6895a93cf2196/tumblr_npq8vvJmOQ1usg9leo1_500.jpg

Merilan
2016-10-13, 06:55 PM
Lacryma looked more than a little nervous and out of place in such a grand hall of learning; she was a little self-conscious if she would draw attention, or Traya would. But then a woman approached them, and she jolted a little to say, "O-oh, we were here to try to understand some dreams we were having."

Yael
2016-10-13, 08:17 PM
''Dreams?'' Her eyebrows lifted revealing a beautiful pair of sapphire-blue eyes that were shining at the reflection of a nearby fountain. ''I know everything about dreams, my name is Hikari Astane, I am a graduate that helps in the college.'' Proudly she says, pounding her chest with her right arm. ''What kind of dream you're having, miss...?''

Merilan
2016-10-13, 09:05 PM
Lacryma placed her hands at her chest and was nervous for a moment, but eventually said, "L-Lacryma... I think." She couldn't help but think that the white mage looked very pretty and confident. "Um, we've all been having dreams of doors... and falling, through mysterious, but beautiful glass panes." A pause. "A viera called Ka'azura asked us to meet with Master Azel, I think?"

Lokyar
2016-10-13, 10:31 PM
Sierra's eyes darted around as they walked, taking in the sights in excitement. She'd only ever read about such amazing places. Idly she wondered if outsiders were allowed in their libraries, and what kind of classes a magical student took, and how you decided on your robe colors, and if the dragons came to the school for the epic battles or if it was more of an off-campus event.

When Hikari's voice drew her attention she completely lost her voice and composure, staring slightly. 'Oh my she's so pretty. And she's a graduate? She has to be amazing if she's already a mage. I should say something. Lacryma's talking just fine, I can do that too. Just say something helpful.'

"I had a dream too!" she blurted out, not shouting but slightly louder than she'd intended.

'What was that!? 'I had a dream too'!? How is that helpful!? Say something else, quick!'

"I mean, we both had a dream. The dream. We had the same dream. Which is why, um, why we're mentioning it. And Ezra and Darsa, too. We just met yesterday, and last night we all had the same dream. Maybe it was my spirit visions but the spirit couldn't do anything that detailed before and it's never reached out to another person so maybe not but, um, right."

As she meandered through the sentence her face tinged pinker until finally trailing off at the end with a furious blush.

'Spirit if you could teach me your trick for disappearing right this moment I would be very very grateful.'

Yael
2016-10-13, 11:13 PM
''You shared dreams? Well, that's either a really big coincidence, or it has something to do with fate.'' She answers Sierra. ''Professor Azel is a very respected sage from this college, and also happens to be one of the main researchers of the theory of fate. I can take you with him, if you want. I'm also kind of interested in that shared dream experience, too.''

Before waiting for any answer, Hikari walked right towards the fountain and picked up a small backpack and a wodden staff, which she strapped into the bag, and she put it on her back. ''Follow my lead!'' The place consists of this large courtyard, where there are a lot of doors and archways. Three doors are especifically bigger than the other ones, and those would lead to big buildings with towers on top. Hikari went into one of those.

Omoikane13
2016-10-14, 02:48 PM
Doors. Goddamn doors. After this, Ezra resolved to buy a nice open plan house when he settled down, with no doors whatsoever. Ezra follows quietly, letting everyone else do the talking. Mage colleges don't bring back good memories, and he'd rather minimize his time here, despite curiosity about the dreams.

Merilan
2016-10-14, 03:42 PM
"Fate...?" Lacryma sounded like she wasn't certain about the word, but followed the white mage further into the college. She had to wonder if she was a 'mage' of some kind too, kind of hoping that she'd see someone else with a sprite like her...

Lokyar
2016-10-14, 07:29 PM
Sierra followed quickly after Hikari, both her embarrassment and impulse to gawk at the surroundings forgotten as she got caught up in the moment.

Merilan
2016-10-14, 09:07 PM
Lacryma did turn to Sierra, having noticed her wonderment compared to Ezra's reticience. "Is this mage college... a place you wanted to visit? You looked really eager to be here..."

Lokyar
2016-10-14, 09:33 PM
Sierra smiled brilliantly and nodded. "I didn't know about this one specifically but I've always wanted to learn magic. We didn't have any serious mages where I grew up, anyone with enough talent to join an academy or be chosen as an apprentice would leave to study. I suppose once you see a place like this you don't really think about giving it up to go back to the countryside. I tried testing for magic when I was younger but I didn't have the talent for black or white magic. I don't know what it is I can do now, but it feels different."

Merilan
2016-10-15, 12:21 AM
"I see... but, clearly you have talent," Lacryma tried to encourage, holding her hands together. "The magic that you used to heal me felt soothing... you saved my life with it."

Yael
2016-10-15, 12:58 AM
As you follow, the path narrows into several corridors with each time you take a turn less and less students. Up until the time Hikari stops at a private door that labels <Professor Berbier>

The graduate knocks a couple of times at the door. ''Professor! Are you there? Professor! This is Hikari! Open up!'' She would say in a loud voice that almost feels uncomfortable.

But still, a minute passes and still no one opens.

''This is really weird, he isn't the type to go outside...''

Lokyar
2016-10-17, 10:52 PM
"Should we check inside? I'm not sure what the etiquette is with a wizard's lab, I don't want to be rude. Or blown up."

Merilan
2016-10-17, 11:02 PM
Lacryma put a hand to her cheek and said, "It really is not my place to decide, intruding on someone's office like that..."

Yael
2016-10-18, 02:21 AM
''You search his room, I'll ask the keymaster from this area if he's seen him.'' After that, Hikari started walking to the direction you all came from, leaving you in front of the closed door.

Merilan
2016-10-18, 03:32 AM
Lacryma's eyes shot wide open, but Hikari was gone before she could muster protest. She looked to Sierra and the others, before sighing and opening the door a crack and peeking in...

Omoikane13
2016-10-19, 03:57 PM
"Wait, that door says 'Berbier'? Oh god" Ezra sighs, stepping to the back of the group with a forlorn look. "Why did it have to be Berbier? You guys go first"

Yael
2016-10-19, 06:47 PM
The door oppened at the slightest push made from Lacryma. It made crackling sounds and got its insides illuminated by the light of the windows on the corridor.

Books are scattered inside, there's a mess all over the place, as if an Aero spell had been cast in there. The place is dark and has no windows.

Interactive map is here. There is no combat yet, so if you move, just update it. None of you have complete vision inside the room, except for what the windows behind you illuminate.

MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=187833)

Lokyar
2016-10-20, 01:41 AM
Poking her head in from the side Sierra looked around the room, noting the disarray. "Hello? Professor Berbier? Are you okay? We're here with Miss Hikari. We're coming in."

Slipping through the door Sierra carefully stepped over any books in the path.

(Map Update) (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=187849)

Merilan
2016-10-20, 02:46 AM
Lacryma followed Sierra in with a look of abject confusion on her face, saying, "It's quite dark in here... oh, is there a light of some kind?"

Map update (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=187851)

Omoikane13
2016-10-20, 07:20 AM
Ezra decides to wait outside, not liking the idea of being penned in by a room if something bizarre occurs which, being a Mage College, he feels it inevitably will.
http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=187851

Yael
2016-10-20, 09:49 AM
You enter the room, and as when you were outside, it is messy and unorganized.
Any actions while inside the room?
MAP (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=187863)