PDA

View Full Version : Pta 907 (ic)

Cormag81
2016-09-12, 06:44 PM
Having weathered the rise and fall of Team rocket Kanto has seen few changes since the fall of infamous crime ring. With only some overall growth coming from contact with the other regions and small domestic advances Kanto remains a largely static region with Saffron city being the only major exception. Saffron city has grown in recent years, mostly due to it's centralized location within the region of Kanto, but the recent opening of a inter regional contest house in the city has brought the city firmly into the worlds eye.

Raina has come to Saffron from Vermilion to investigate the contest hall. She's been in the town before while traveling with her parents so she's able the find the new building fairly quickly. when she gets there she finds Mandy just finishing up a battle with what looks to be a 10 year old trainer right outside the hall itself. it seems that Mandy has been challenging young trainers as they try to get into the contest hall.

Buickmaster
2016-09-12, 09:26 PM
Raina looks around the street, there seems to be a small group watching the young girl battling the contest hopefuls. That girl looks decently skilled, however. Raina approaches the contest entrance, and approaches the young girl. Move aside I'm entering the contest, and so is anyone else here that wants to.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-13, 12:23 AM
As Mandy turned toward the voice, Mankey climbed up her shoulder and sized up the new comer,. She was definitely older, seeing as how she towered over her. "Chill out, I'm not stopping you. As for the younger contestants, I am simply helping them realize that they need to train a lot harder if they want to be worth anything. There is nothing wrong with assisting others with their training. " said Mandy as she plastered on her best innocent smile.

Buickmaster
2016-09-13, 01:12 AM
Battle power isn't everything. Raina seamlessly whip out my pokedex and scan the girls mankey.Knowledge can easily over power strength. Not everything is decide by strength. If you want proof I can show you in with her in here. Raina releases a little sandshrew and walks into the contest hall.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-13, 02:08 AM
Mandy looked around at the people still gathered around the witnessed the scene, "What are you all standing around for, the show is inside." As the crowd dispersed, Mandy could sense Mankey's agitation. "Be patient, we will put that new comer in her place soon enough and teach her not to stick her nose where it doesn't belong." whispered Mandy to Mankey as they entered the hall.

Cormag81
2016-09-13, 06:56 PM
A group of younger people, who'd been turned away by Mandy earlier, follow Raina into the contest hall. The entryway of the hall opens into what appears to be a reception area. There are two receptionists behind the main counter which is settled into an alcove between two staircases which lead to a balcony where there are people milling about they seem to have just left some kind of event. It would seem that a contest recently ended and the people on the balcony were the audience currently make there way out of the stands and out into the hall.

Buickmaster
2016-09-13, 07:27 PM
Raina walks up to one of the receptionists Um... I'd like to enter my sandshrew into a tough contest, her name is Storm, she's... she's never competed before and neither have I.

Cormag81
2016-09-13, 08:29 PM
The receptionist smile's in greeting, "Oh a newcomer that's great, we haven't had many locals coming in since we opened. Most people just want to watch the foreign stars compete live on stage. I'll need you to fill out some paperwork to register and I need to see your sandshrew, we've had problems with high level competitors selling Pokémon who have already won ribbons to newcomers. I'll just be running Storm through our database to see if they've competed before, you understand I'm sure."
She hands you a packet of papers then holds out her hand for Storm's pokeball

Buickmaster
2016-09-13, 10:56 PM
Storm jumps up on to the reception table and curls into a little ball (she is still decently young and low level so smallish). Raina giggles a little That's cute storm but I don't think that'll work. Raina returns storm to her ball and hands it to the receptionist.

Cormag81
2016-09-14, 04:07 AM
The receptionist laughs at Storms antics and accepts the Pokeball, putting it into a machine. As Raina finish's up the paperwork the receptionist hands storms ball back "You're all clear I'll put your name and information down on the list for the next normal rank tough contest." she enters your information her computer before looking back at you with a pleasant smile. "It looks like the next available slot for that type of contest is 2 pm tomorrow will that be ok?"

Buickmaster
2016-09-15, 12:47 AM
Sure Raina smiles. Is there anywhere I can get some more information on contests and what effects performance?
Trying to get my char to learn about poffins and berries and ****.

Cormag81
2016-09-15, 02:28 AM
"Sure" The receptionist reaches below the desk and pulls out a pamphlet "This is a beginners guide it covers the basic rules of contests, how to make poffins, which flavors of berry's are best for each type of contest and some basic examples of each" she hands you the pamphlet.

"Is there anything else I can help you with, another contest to register for perhaps?"

Buickmaster
2016-09-15, 03:12 AM
Nah I'm good Raina walks to a seat and starts studying the pamphlet, committing it to memory.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-15, 03:24 AM
When Mandy entered the building, she realized that despite having spent many days outside the doors fighting other trainers, she had never actually been inside. Mandy located an open receptionist and approached. "Have you seen a girl, about half a foot taller than me, that entered with a shandshrew?"

Cormag81
2016-09-15, 04:10 AM
The receptionist look up as Mandy approaches "Yes actually she's over there" she points at Raina on a bench "she a friend of yours?"

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-15, 10:34 AM
"Excellent, and no. She challenged me to a battle outside. Can you set it up so that I battle her first. I would rather not have to go through the tier stuff. If someone is going to crush her, it's going to be me. "

Cormag81
2016-09-15, 07:31 PM
"Well she did register for a normal rank tough contest for tomorrow at 2. If you wanted to compete against her I'd need you to fill out some registration paperwork and allow me to examine the Pokémon you would like to enter. Of course I would also have to reschedule her time since she was the final entrant into the 2 o'clock contest so there wouldn't be space for both of you. As such I'm gonna need to here from both of you that you would like to compete against one and other in order to reschedule her." She looks at you questioningly as she realizes the phrasing of your statement. "You do realize this is a contest hall not a Pokémon gym? we don't have battles here if you and that young lady are in some sort of dispute I'll have to ask you to take it outside."

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-16, 12:07 AM
"What, this isn't even a gym!? Then why are there so many people here? I didn't think that contests were actually a thing still. This is absurdly ridiculous. " Sensing Mandy's agitation, Mankey jumped on to the counter and stared down the receptionist. Mandy turns towards the older girl and yells "Hey! You with the shandshrew! Come here!" Returning to face the receptionist, "Give me the forms and we shall get this all sorted out. "

Buickmaster
2016-09-16, 12:31 AM
Raina looks up from her pamphlet. Hmm? Do you need something from me? (Stays seated)

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-16, 12:52 AM
"You wanted to so this, so we are going to do this, no matter how ridiculous it is. So come here and do whatever this lady needs of you."

Cormag81
2016-09-16, 02:20 AM
The receptionist looks more perturbed by Mankey's antics but is trying to remain professional regardless "Here's your paperwork, now if you'll fill that out while I explain the situation to miss Raina here I'm sure we can get this all worked out." she turns to Raina and explains that it seems Mandy would like to compete against her in a contest.

Buickmaster
2016-09-16, 02:25 AM
Well, if there are still slots open in the contest tomorrow then wouldn't she be able to fill one of those slots? If there isn't however I fear she'll have no possibility to challenge my sandshrew.

Cormag81
2016-09-16, 03:24 AM
"Unfortunately no, you filled the last slot in that contest so in order for the two of you to compete against one and other you would have to reschedule. Luckily it looks like the next available contest that meets those requirements is on Thursday (the day after tomorrow) at 11 am."

Buickmaster
2016-09-16, 03:29 AM
Raina looks at little girl.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-17, 03:15 AM
"What are you looking at me for? You are the one that started this, and we are going to do it. " Mandy turned towards the receptionist and took the paper work. Carlos, who is still standing on the counter, turned his glaze towards the new girl and picked up a cup containing pens off of the receptionist's desk, resulting in the cup's contents being dumped out. " Aww, I don't think that Carlos likes you. " Mandy then starts petting Carlos and giving him praises. " You are such a good Mankey. " Once Mandy finishes praising Carlos, she picks up one of the scattered pens and starts to fill out the forms

Buickmaster
2016-09-17, 03:30 AM
Raina sighs Making trouble for bystanders. shakes her head I guess I'll have to put you in your place Thursday it is. Raina stands up from her chair and walks out of the building.

Buickmaster
2016-09-17, 03:32 AM
I would like to go to a visitors center, or the pokemon center any where where I can Do the Homework about the surrounding wild areas.

Cormag81
2016-09-17, 11:23 AM
Mandy
The receptionist glares at Carlos and begins cleaning up the spilled pens which pokemon would you like to enter into the contest.

Raina
You find a visitors center near the airport that has guides as to the basic wild pokemon you can expect to find on the routes of Kanto

Not sure what your trying to accomplish here since wild rolls are never affected by stats so increasing your int/wis won't affect how the wild roll will go. If you have a specific wild pokemon in mind and you want to increase stats for tracking it down specifically you would research the pokemon in question not the area around where you are

Buickmaster
2016-09-17, 02:45 PM
Raina attempts to use her research to help her find sour flavored berries in the area surrounding the city.
1d20+6 +3+3

Cormag81
2016-09-17, 10:53 PM
Raina sets out to find some sour berries, using her recently acquired intel about them she manages to find some of these.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/9/99/Bag_Nomel_Berry_Sprite.png While she's gathering up the mature berries a couple of pidgey flutter down near her. They aren't overtly hostile and seem more interested in the berries then in you.
[roll0] 1234567890

Buickmaster
2016-09-18, 01:33 AM
Raina whips out her pokedex and scans them. She also finds the largest one and Frantically Researches it [roll0].

Buickmaster
2016-09-18, 01:36 AM
The age and health of the pidgey escaping her she instead turns to the berries which she attempts to identify. [roll0]

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-18, 01:41 AM
" I would like to enter my mankey, Carlos.

Cormag81
2016-09-18, 02:05 AM
Raina:
you remember that these are Nomel berries and recognize them as one of the sour berries you researched earlier but cant quite remember what it's other properties are. You manage to find 4 mature specimens in this berry patch. The pidgey ignore your scans and go about gathering some food.

Mandy:
the receptionist gives Carlos a questioning look but nods her head. Very well if your sure, I'll need you to return him to his pokeball so I may check to make sure he hasn't competed before under a different name.

Buickmaster
2016-09-18, 07:50 PM
Raina moves a decent distance away from the pidgeys and then calls out Storm and Kade. They begin to casually explore the area.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-18, 11:34 PM
"Very well, but Carlos will not be pleased." Mandy takes out Carlos' pokeball and sends him back in, but not before receiving an annoyed look from Carlos once he saw the pokeball. "This won't take long will it?" asks Mandy as she hands the pokeball over to the receptionist.

Cormag81
2016-09-19, 03:49 PM
Raina:
As you begin moving away the pidgey go about there busines choosing some berries for themselves. When Storm and Kade appear the start making noises and begin to act a little scared unsure of the new arrives intentions

Mandy:
Not long, usually takes about 10 minutes 15 at max she said as she turns around and places Carlos ball into a machine

Buickmaster
2016-09-20, 12:39 AM
I return Kade and ready myself for combat.

Cormag81
2016-09-20, 04:19 PM
As you begin to adopt a more agressive stance the pidgey start to grow more agitated. The smallest and largest ones seem keen to match your agression while the others seem more inclined to fly away.

Kade is faster then them if you want to engage (since at this point suprise is a non-issue)

Buickmaster
2016-09-20, 10:19 PM
Get ready Storm, lets start out a bit defensive. Defense curl!

Cormag81
2016-09-20, 11:33 PM
The leading 2 pidgey move up to hit Storm while the other two hang back for now not really sure they want to risk themselves in this fight.

pidgey 1: tackle
[roll0] v 3
[roll1]
pidgey 2
[roll2] v 3
[roll3]
storm is not faster but oh well

Buickmaster
2016-09-21, 12:41 AM
The first pidgey slams into storm dealing (31-18) 13 damage. The second pidgey is deflected of Storm's hard armor. Now's the time Storm let's ROLLOUT!
[roll0] vs 4
[roll1] + 10 + [roll2] (Rock type)

Cormag81
2016-09-21, 12:55 AM
The larger pidgey lands a solid blow on Storm before he picks up speed in the rollout but the second slower pidgey coming in directly behind the first and doesn't see what Storm is doing until it's to late to get out of the way. the momentum from it's attack now working against it the pidgey finds itself unable to dodge the rolling sandshrew and is crushed underneath it. The larger pidgey angered by it's companions death comes in for another blow while the other two seeing the fate of one of their number take wing and fly away.

66 damage dealt to pidgey 2, killing it
pidgey 1: tackle
[roll0]
[roll1]

Buickmaster
2016-09-21, 01:03 AM
That was probably a bit harsh... Raina pulls out Storm's pokeball and returns her, sending out Fiona in her place. Fiona ember
[roll0] v 2
[roll1] + 15

Cormag81
2016-09-21, 01:14 AM
As Storm disappears and Fiona appears the pidgey seems to grow even more agitated at being unable to deal with its friends killer directly and takes it's wrath out of Fiona before she can react. In irritation at the pidgey's sucker punch Fiona hit's it squarely with an ember before it can circle around to try again.

pidgey 1:
swap turn attack: Tackle
[roll0]
[roll1]
ember attack turn: Tackle
[roll2]
[roll3]

Buickmaster
2016-09-21, 01:23 AM
Fiona slumps to the ground, her knees giving out as she falls to one side. She turns into a red beam of light before she can hit the ground. Raina bites her lip, then shakes her head. It's not your fault *mumbled*. She turns and throws a pokeball at the weakened pidgey.
[roll0]

Cormag81
2016-09-21, 01:31 AM
With it's most recent opponent downed and having escaped your capture attempt the pidgey decides it's got nothing left to gain by sticking around and takes wing to fly away

it's still in capture attempt range now and if you chase will probably remain in capture range for an additional turn after that.

Buickmaster
2016-09-21, 01:35 AM
Tch Raina thinks for a split second and then throws a second poke ball.
[roll0]

Cormag81
2016-09-21, 01:52 AM
with the failed second capture attempt the pidgey makes it beyond the range of your throwing arm.

Exp-drop: 345 split between Fiona and Storm

Buickmaster
2016-09-21, 01:53 AM
Raina sighs and turns away. Releasing all of her Pokemon, except for Fiona. Kade looks to Raina for a moment before flaming and gulping down the tiny dead pidgey. Raina collects the broken pokeballs. They head out. Rex rides on Raina's shoulder for a while until she asks him to get down and walk. They travel back towards the town. Kade walks along on guard for scents and movement. Rex occasionally squirts water past him in an attempt to distract him. Storm takes to digging along just under the surface, popping her head out of the ground every so often to make she was following the right people.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-21, 11:41 PM
As Mandy waits for the machine to finish, she scans the room, sizing up the young new comers. Mandy knew that
as soon as Carlos was free again, she would have to find him a good battle to make up for putting him into his pokeball.

Buickmaster
2016-09-22, 02:12 AM
Raina walks into town withdrawing all of her pokemon. She walks to the pokemon center and heals her pokemon. She then heads out looking to do a quick sweep into the forest to see if she can find any more wilds.

Cormag81
2016-09-22, 04:21 PM
Mandy:
the receptionist returns to see you sizing people up. As she passes you Carlos's pokeball she looks at you disdainfully. Here you go miss and i'll remind you that this is not a gym any fights will have to be taken outside

Raina:
You feel wind push on you and catch a glimpse of something moving swiftly past you and off into the trees you decide to try and follow whatever it is. As you run after it through the trees you have a strange sensation as though whatever it is it's leading you somewhere seeming but managing to stay just out of your sight. Just as you begin feeling apprehensive about maybe being lead into a trap you stumble into a clearing at the center of which is a small shallow pool of water that's still and clear. This place feels almost serene and is quite beautiful. You look around expecting to see whatever lead you here but instead something strange catches your eye, There is an egg beneath the water in the center of the pool. You approach and reach into the pool to retrieve the egg and discover instead of cold this water is actually pleasantly warm. You pull the egg up and out of the water it immediately begins to hatch and before your able to do anything you find yourself holding a new born vulpix, only instead of the natural red you would expect this one is silver with 3 blue and 3 red tails.

Take care of my child little one, I see in you much potential. Someday perhaps we shall meet again.

No you cant use natural edge on this vulpix i'll give you the stats for it when i get off work and that should show you why. (this is the kind of stuff you get when the GM rolls you a 3 on a d100 for wilds

Buickmaster
2016-09-23, 02:35 AM
Well... You're a thing now I guess The vulpix yawns and curls up in Raina's hands. Well at least you're... OW There is now a trickle of blood dripping off Raina's hand. The vulpix seems to have bitten her and then fallen asleep, or bitten her while sleeping. Raina sighs, and taps a pokeball to the vulpix's head. She walks back to the town and finds a hostel to spend the night in.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-23, 10:39 AM
Ya ya ya, i got it. Come on Carlos, we shall go see if we can find someone worthy of battling you. Mandy led Carlos out the the building and began looking around the town for someone that could be deemed worthy.

Cormag81
2016-09-23, 09:15 PM
Mandy:
You see 3 people who look like they might be about the right level, one is a small boy (around 10) who's carrying a net, another is about your age and looks like an athlete of some sort, and the last one is a man who's one of the last out of the contest hall.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-23, 10:53 PM
Mandy chooses to go to the small boy first. Hey little boy! Let's see how strong your pokemon are.

Cormag81
2016-09-24, 01:00 AM
Strong enough to beat you, you big bully. My friends told me what you were doing earlier and that was just wrong. The kid glares at you Lets go outside so I can show you who's boss.

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-24, 02:12 AM
Hehe the young ones are always so feisty at first. Mandy said to herself as she followed the boy outside. She also noticed that Carlos seemed to have already forgotten about being in the pokeball and was eager to battle.

Cormag81
2016-09-24, 09:59 PM
once you've found a suitable place to battle he turns around. 1v1, my falco vs your mankey, winner get 500 poke sound good

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-27, 02:36 AM
"There is no way that you can expect me to agree to that. You must think I really dumb if you do. I never said that I intended to battle you with my mankey Carlos here. I pick which of my Pokemon shall battle you, not you."

Cormag81
2016-09-27, 08:18 PM
"Fine be that way my Falco vs one of your's 500 sound ok for the wager?"

FrostyMonkey
2016-09-29, 10:44 AM
Ya, fine. Lets do this. Mandy appologeticly pets Carlos' head before bringing out geodude

Cormag81
2016-09-30, 03:21 PM
the boy releases a spearow into the air above your geodude Ha she's smarter then we thought huh Falco well we can still handle her! Come on Falco take it out.

The bird dives down toward the living rock. As it comes in it seems to be focusing more on preventing geodudes escape then on actually taking it out though

Falco out-speeds geodude by quite a bit so i get first move
Falco:Pursuit-Dark
[roll0] AC 2 + Def avoid (3)
[roll1]

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-04, 01:18 AM
Jeffery, use defense curl.

Cormag81
2016-10-04, 08:54 PM
Jeffery assumes a Defensive posture pulling his arms closer to his body. If your hoping to outlast us I think you'll be sorry go Falco aerial ace!

The Spearow Rakes Jeffery with it's claws dealing 33 Physical Flying Damage as it gains altitude again ending about 3 meters above and one meter behind Jeffery.

And therefor I get to shadow roll which means I get to actually describe what happens instead of this vague randomness I've been doing :cool:. Also all damage described can be assume pre mitigation (no defense or resistances calculated) as I'm both to lazy to do that for you and trust you to do it right.

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-06, 01:11 AM
Jeffery, use rock throw. It's time to take this birdie down.

To hit
Damage [Roll]2d8+17

Cormag81
2016-10-07, 10:16 PM
The rock clips the Spearows and it falls to earth, being knocked unconscious by it's hard landing NO FALCO!! the boy runs up and cradles his Pokemon You did well boy I'm sorry I shouldn't have put you into that situation

He returns his pokemon before glaring up at you Fine you win this one. Take your money you stupid bully

Jeffery gains 380 EXP and you win 500 poke

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-08, 02:05 AM
Nicely done Jeffery. Mandy then returns Jeffery to his pokeball before turning to face the kid. Woah buddy, don't be mad at me, you're the one that didn't know your Pokemon's limits. You're much to cocky for your skill level. Now you know that you need to train A LOT harder, you should be thanking me. Mandy pulls out her Pokédex and scans the spearrow. Having received her winnings, Mandy lost all interest in the boy and walks off towards the pokecenter.

Cormag81
2016-10-08, 12:25 PM
The boy keeps glaring at you but decides against provoking you more and walks away.

it's now about 5 pm for you so you have some more time before nightfall if you would like to do something

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-08, 06:44 PM
After healing Jeffery, Mandy decides to head home and call it a day.

Cormag81
2016-10-09, 12:20 AM
You both manage to find places to stay for the night and wake up the next morning. With a whole day to prepare for you first contest, where do you go and what do you do?

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-09, 01:43 AM
Mandy sets out with Carlos in search of worthy opponents.

Buickmaster
2016-10-09, 02:20 AM
Raina heads out into the forest and finds a clearing where she can have Kade and Storm train.

Cormag81
2016-10-09, 12:31 PM
Mandy:
Deciding that the most likely place to find "Worthy" opponents will be the city dojo you head that way when you get there you and Carlos are greeted by another teenager who seems to have just started his training there Good day little lady how can we be of assistance today?

Raina:
you find a nice clearing far enough away close to town and release Storm and Kade to train. just as the two of them are finishing up you hear noises from the nearby tree tops and three and you see three hoppip floating on the morning breeze toward you clearing. they'll be on you soon but you have a few seconds to prepare

kade gains 150 EXP
Storm gains 200 EXP
both are now at 75% HP

Buickmaster
2016-10-09, 05:06 PM
Storm, I don't think this is the fight for you girl. Storm returns to her pokeball. Kade go and run interference for a minute.
I'd tell you not to be to rough, but you wouldn't remember... Raina mumbles. Moulder lets see what you can do!

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-09, 05:24 PM
Hello, I am looking for people to battle against.

Cormag81
2016-10-09, 07:03 PM
Raina:
Kade looks where your pointing and happily runs off to intercept the hoppips shooting sparks up at them as they approach. this surprises and scares the hoppips who each twirl there heads for a second before throwing yellow spores down at the growlith. Kade manages to dodge one well enough to avoid the ensuing blast but the other 2 land on either side of him blasting him with paralyzing spores.

Mandy:
aw so your looking to spar? we have plenty of rooms available would you like to personally take part in the match or will it just be your pokemon?

Buickmaster
2016-10-09, 07:22 PM
Raina pulls out her dex and scans a hoppip. Alright Moulder, stay at a range but try an ember Moulder gets just close enough to target the closest hoppip and launches an ember.
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1] + 8

Cormag81
2016-10-09, 08:11 PM
Raina:
As Moulder sends up more sparks at the hoppips his target just barely manages to get out of the way. They then move two meters toward Moulder and fall one meter closer to the floor of the clearing. The first two throw another 2 bundles of spores at Moulder but a gust of wind carries them wide. The thirds attack though, delayed by the necessity of dodging Moulders attack, hits the vulpix right on the nose. Kade, slowed by the spores, manages to chase down the hoppips, jump, and sink his teeth into one of them pulling it down to the ground.

Moulder is Paralysed
Kade's new chew toy is Looking pretty beaten up

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-09, 10:13 PM
The teenager's patronizing tone was making Mandy rather agitated, but she decided that the best course of action would be to just bare with it. Just my pokemon.

Buickmaster
2016-10-10, 02:58 AM
Raina reaches into her pocket and grabs a pokeball and throws it at the hoppip held in kades mouth. Moulder back up to stay safe and ember again.

Pokeball [roll0]
Paralysis [roll1] vs 6
Ember [roll2] vs 2
[roll3] +8

Cormag81
2016-10-10, 03:36 AM
Mandy:
Well we have plenty of space for that just follow me this way and I'll show you to someplace you can find others around your skill level, follow me he turns and leads you into the dojo past a couple rooms where you can hear the sounds of people working out and towards an area where you hear more pokemon noises then human ones. Here we are just through here we have the low to intermediate level trainers. I'm sure you can find someone in here who will provide a suitable challenge

Raina:
Moulder shakes off the spore and dashes at full speed back to you before turning to spit more sparks up at the hoppips. Once again though the shot goes just wide of the target. The hoppip that was between Kade's teeth disappears in a flash of light the pokeball bouncing once and shaking violently multiple times before it finally falls still with a high pitched chime. Seeing one of their number pulled from the sky by Kade the other two gain back some altitude before moving off to one side. Dispersing a purple powder in Kade's direction. this time the spores for earlier lock up Kade's limbs making him unable to dodge the slowly falling powder.

Congratulations you just caught a level 15, Male, Lazy, hoppip with Overgrow

Buickmaster
2016-10-10, 03:59 AM
Keeping an eye on Kade, Raina crouches down next to the frustrated vulpix. It's okay boy it's your first battle you haven't even gotten to train yet. I'm asking a lot of you, but that's because believe in you. Raina straightens back up and points at one of the weary hoppips One more time Maulder, EMBER!

Para [roll0] vs 7
Ember [roll1] vs 2
[roll2] + 8

Cormag81
2016-10-10, 04:07 AM
Raina:
Seeing that their spores have started to take effect and that they've lost one the remaining to hoppips begin to move towards the edge of the clearing trying to making it back into the cover of the tree's

Buickmaster
2016-10-10, 04:21 AM
Kade it's your turn keep blasting them with emberFiona Let's go on a rampage As Raina sends out Fiona she feels a sharp pain in her ankle. She picks up the little vulpix and holds its rigid body in her arms. I know it's frustrating but you did good, buddy.

[roll0] vs 8
Ember [roll1] vs 2
[roll2] + 9
[roll3] vs 7
Imp Attack [roll4]

Cormag81
2016-10-10, 04:28 AM
Raina:
Seeing the arrival of yet another natural enemy the hoppips seem desperate to get away and make it to the edge of the clearing

Buickmaster
2016-10-10, 04:36 AM
Raina sighs frustratedly They don't deserve to die guys, but lets send them on their way Kade. [roll0] vs 9
[roll1] vs 11

Cormag81
2016-10-10, 04:40 AM
Raina:
Kade Shakes himself out of his paralysis before turning towards the hoppips, chasing them down and attempting to scare them away. Since the hoppips were already trying to get away as they dip back into the cover of the trees it's hard to tell if Kade's actions had any real effect.

150 Exp to be split among Kade and Moulder (Fiona didn't do anything) at least 50 exp to Kade :P

Buickmaster
2016-10-10, 04:55 AM
Kade you're not looking to good, buddy Raina withdraws Kade. Let's go Fiona. Raina carries Moulder petting his head. They carefully make their way back to the Pokemon center. She shakes her head as she walks up to the nurse behind the counter. Hoppips are annoying... they're surprisingly dangerous.

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-12, 01:22 AM
Mandy's blood boiled beneath her skin and Carlos, sitting on Mandy's shoulder looked ready to attack at any second. You can't just assume that I am a low level trainer just because I am young. And even if I was, that most certainly does not give you the right to talk down to me.

Cormag81
2016-10-12, 08:00 PM
Mandy:
As you say, my apologies if you would like I can bring you to the advanced classes? he waves past the door and further into the dojo Be warned though if you choose to go there and are unprepared for what you find it may put both yourself and your Pokémon at risk. We don't hold back here and there are some very powerful people who train here.

Raina
The nurse gives you a questioning look as she runs your Pokémon through the machine I take it this is a new capture then? she says as she indicates your hoppips ball

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-13, 12:01 AM
Mandy and Carlos calmed down and reason once more told hold of Mandy. I shall conquer this room first I suppose before I move up to the next room. Mandy and Carlos enters the room.

Buickmaster
2016-10-13, 12:58 AM
Yep, Kade helped me catch him. With his mouth. Raina points to her own teeth.
After Raina's pokemon are healed she heads to the concert hall and makes a poffin with her 4 Nomel berries.

Cormag81
2016-10-13, 02:32 AM
Mandy:
Very Well the teenage student says as he opens the door for you.

upon entering the room you see a match wrapping up between a heavyset yellow Pokémon commanded by a 11 year old boy and a muscled grey one commanded by a 13 year old girl. Ah a newcomer have you come to train or to learn? you turn to see an elderly but fit woman who is obviously the sensei for this class.

Raina
While the public ovens for poffin making are state of the art and abundant you find they are seeming underused. You have an entire row of ovens entirely to yourself and as your making your poffin you notice less then 10 different people coming and going from the room. Naturally the entire process is rather uneventful.

Buickmaster
2016-10-13, 04:21 AM
Raina calls out Storm in a grassy area in town, and hands the poffing to her. What do you think? I made it for you, is it any good? Storm smells the poffin and looks at Raina skeptically. Storm takes a nibble of the poffin and her then starts stuffing it into her face. She suddenly stops with the poffin held in her mouth and starts digging a hole. Hey! You can't save it for later! Eat it now. Raina heads into the woods again flanked by Storm and Kade, looking for a good camp out spot.

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-14, 02:20 AM
"I have come to train." Mandy then quickly pulls out her Pokédex and scans the two battling Pokemon.

Cormag81
2016-10-15, 10:48 PM
Raina
Your trip back into the forest is uneventful and you find a nice spot next to a small stream where you can set up a nice camping spot.

Mandy
Very well if you would kindly take a seat and wait for the current match to finished up i'm sure one of my students will be willing to spar with you afterword

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-17, 11:52 PM
Mandy nods in response and sits along the wall, out of the way of the battle. Once settled, Mandy and Carlos watch the rest of the match.

Buickmaster
2016-10-19, 05:23 AM
Raina sets up camp with her pokemon team. She quickly learns that she needs to tie Hip Pip down or he will allow himself to float away. She goes over contest moves and ideas with Storm and the other Pokemon play. Soon Kade and Fiona start ignoring the other Pokemon. Hey! Raina sighs Go on, just go do it some where else. Kade and Fiona bound into the forest. Raina had been trying to keep the two apart for a while but had decided that she should let them do as they like. Maybe it was having the baby vulpix around. [roll0] vs 35Took me a while to post sorry

Cormag81
2016-10-25, 12:29 AM
Mandy:
Your pokedex informs you that you are watching a match between a makuhita and a machop. they go a few round where the machop doesn't seem to do much to the makuhita but the machop dodges around the larger makuhita'a moves eventually the makuhita manages to get a solid connection with the machop but this actually works against it as the machop manages to return to its feet and use reversal to finally overcome the makuhita.

Well done both of you now give your friends a break I believe it's time to allow our guest a turn Jason would you please,

A boy about your age but significantly less muscular then his compatriots steps forward onto one side of the area marked off for battles.

Raina:
The hopip is very afraid to be around so many fire type pokemon and try's to stay as far away from them as his leash will allow. Moulder eventually picks up on this and begins to leisurely chase the hopip in a big circle. Never actually attempting to catch it as his naturally superior speed would allow simply walking around in a circle with it and occasionally doubling back to force the hopip to change direction. Storm seems both nervous and excited about the contest tomorrow. eventually you notice Kade and Phiona have been gone a long time and begin to wonder if maybe they had more then one round in them.

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-25, 01:51 AM
Mandy leads Carlos to the other end of the area and waits to see what happens.

Cormag81
2016-10-26, 09:17 PM
Mandy:
The boy bow to his sensei and then to you "let us learn from each other" he says as he releases a little blue Pokémon with what looks like an onion on its head

Buickmaster
2016-10-27, 08:07 PM
Rainy brings her fingers to her mouth and whistles a long piercing whistle. Calling Kade and Fiona back to her. Kade, watch the camp, We're going to go for a walk.
Poochy Minccino pref [roll0]

FrostyMonkey
2016-10-31, 12:41 AM
Mandy nods her head in response and looks at her pokedex in order to discover what type of pokemon is before her.