PDA

View Full Version : Rate my build/ give advice please

Meierme176
2016-09-12, 07:06 PM
Ok so with my lvl 13 lich here is what I did/ am doing;

• I went grey elf for the +2 in dex and int
• I did 5 lvls of wizard
• 8 levels of Inchantrix (getting rid of evocation)
• At lvl 13 I picked up the lich template (ECL 17)
• I have Undead Leadership and my cohort is a lvl 11 Wight Monk (allowing me to get a decent undead following for free)
• I plan to use a quarterstaff with one side enchanted with spellblade (dispel magic) and the other side spellblade (greater dispel magic) as well as sizing, spell storing, and disarming
• My shopping list includes;
o both the vest and the robes of the arch magi
o monk belt for my wight
o cloak of turn resistance for the both of us
o ring of unholy aura
o ring of desecration
o mask of true seeing
o much more that I won’t bore you with
o Advice here would be great

• I will permancy:
o arcane sight
o comprehend languages
o tongs
o read magic
o see invisibility
o resistance
o telepathic bond
o Any more I should look into? (We play it that permancy is only dispelled for 1d4 rounds)

• When I level up to 14 I will take a 9th level in Inchantrix (so I can spontaneously cast a metamagic twice a day)
• 15th through 20th I will go lord of the undead (for obvious reasons)
• During that progression I will pick up the feats:
o Improved turn resistance
o Improved Paralysis
o Need help figuring out more

• 21st I will go archmage and pick up the demilich template
• If I get to level up again I will pick up the Tomb warden prestige class (To hide and protect one of my phylacteries)

My character is 650 years old (150 grey elf, 500 lich) who is lawful evil and seeks nothing more but knowledge. He will do heinous acts to gain that, but otherwise is very neutral. My role in the group is that I am a buffer/ transport/ wondrous item creator/ scout (I can’t die and have a **** ton of immunities)/ just about anything else except healer, tank, dps provider (that’s what my cohort is for).

I would appreciate any help you would like to provide

eggynack
2016-09-12, 09:36 PM
Two things off the top of my head. First, consider banning enchantment instead of evocation. Evocation has a lot of cool and semi-unique spell effects. Stuff like resilient sphere, sending, really anything made out of force, prism, or wind, that stuff. Also contingency as something besides a shadow evocation, which is probably a good thing given that you're not 15th level for greater shadow evocation yet. Enchantment has relatively little variety, and the really unique spell effect is mind rape, which is a while away. Second, do you have elven generalist substitution levels and domain wizard? If you don't, then you should, cause it's basically just a strict upgrade.

Meierme176
2016-09-12, 10:09 PM
Two things off the top of my head. First, consider banning enchantment instead of evocation. Evocation has a lot of cool and semi-unique spell effects. Stuff like resilient sphere, sending, really anything made out of force, prism, or wind, that stuff. Also contingency as something besides a shadow evocation, which is probably a good thing given that you're not 15th level for greater shadow evocation yet. Enchantment has relatively little variety, and the really unique spell effect is mind rape, which is a while away.

I already did it and introduced the character, he wont let me change. However we discussed those two and decided on evocation because of my role in the group. I would be far better suited with what I have. I do feel the hit though not being able to use force spells, it sucks!

Second, do you have elven generalist substitution levels and domain wizard? If you don't, then you should, cause it's basically just a strict upgrade.

What are those? I'm kind of new, would you mind explaining?

eggynack
2016-09-12, 10:22 PM
What are those? I'm kind of new, would you mind explaining?
Here's Domain wizard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizardVariantDomainWiz ard). Elven wizard substitution levels are from races of the wild, and the first level, generalist wizardry, gives an extra spell of your highest level in exchange for losing your ability to specialize. Notably, while you'd think you can only take one or the other, you can absolutely make use of both at once.

Ortesk
2016-09-13, 03:47 PM
You say you want to hide a phylactery? Shrink item + Permanency+ Magic Aura +permanency. Your phylactery is a rock. Cast it, it is the size of a grain of sand. It doesnt have an aura, it loos like all the other sand. Throw it in the ocean. Cast nondetection on it if you want, so it can't be scried.

Also, look into being a dry lich. If no dice, see about taking a feat for unholy toughness, having some form of bonus HP will be invaluable.

Meierme176
2016-09-13, 07:55 PM
You say you want to hide a phylactery? Shrink item + Permanency+ Magic Aura +permanency. Your phylactery is a rock. Cast it, it is the size of a grain of sand. It doesnt have an aura, it loos like all the other sand. Throw it in the ocean. Cast nondetection on it if you want, so it can't be scried.

That sounds like a great idea. When I read up on other peoples opinions they were saying feed it to something big and stuff like that. I think thats retarded because when you reform you are in the belly of that thing and have to get out. With the sand idea I can throw it anywhere and no one can see it. I can store my phylactery anywhere.

Also, look into being a dry lich. If no dice, see about taking a feat for unholy toughness, having some form of bonus HP will be invaluable.

I already introduced the character, its too late to change now. I do prefer the normal lich because I am trying to ascend to demilich and really like my paralysis attack. I can go in, paralyze a person and have my cohort turn them into another wight. do that enough, activate desecration and have them stand around me, I become immune to turning.