PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War Mystic

Zsaber0
2016-09-13, 12:26 AM
Can I get some clarification on the Mystic's Blade Meditation ability. From what I can tell is seems to say that as a full round action you can activate all readied maneuvers you have available, so if you have 5 strikes, you do at least 5 attack rolls. Is this true?

Sayt
2016-09-13, 12:41 AM
Nnnnnope. You expend all available maneuvers, not initiate them.

Swaoeaeieu
2016-09-13, 03:14 AM
as sayt mentioned, you dont actually perform your maneuvers. You trade all readied maneuvers in for blade meditation. Then amount of readied maneuvers used in this way powers up blade meditation and determines how much damage it does.

ErrantX
2016-09-13, 08:28 AM
Nnnnnope. You expend all available maneuvers, not initiate them.

as sayt mentioned, you dont actually perform your maneuvers. You trade all readied maneuvers in for blade meditation. Then amount of readied maneuvers used in this way powers up blade meditation and determines how much damage it does.

Thirded.

Those maneuvers burn up to reset your maneuver cycle, not act as a supernova of martial doom. Just elemental doom for those unfortunate enough to be aggro and close.

-X

Powerdork
2016-09-13, 07:00 PM

Is that a recent change? I thought you paid 1 point of animus and the remaining animus you had determined how many dice your energy shield did, with the expended maneuvers just getting flushed away and replaced.

Swaoeaeieu
2016-09-14, 02:24 AM
Is that a recent change? I thought you paid 1 point of animus and the remaining animus you had determined how many dice your energy shield did, with the expended maneuvers just getting flushed away and replaced.

You are right, i just remembered it wrong.
relevant part of the text:

Blade Meditation (Su): When a mystic finds that her martial power is beginning to wane or that few options remain available for use, she can pause in battle, drawing on her inner well of animus to reinvigorate her body and mind. As a full round action, a mystic can spend one point of animus to grant herself all her remaining withheld maneuvers, then immediately expend them in a raging cadence of arcane power. As there are no remaining maneuvers to be granted, a new set of maneuvers is granted to the mystic at the end of her turn, as normal.

In addition, until the start of her next turn, creatures that target the mystic with melee attacks are engulfed in the explosion of energy, taking 1d6 points of damage of your active energy type, plus an additional 1d6 points of damage for every two points of animus remaining in the mystic’s animus pool.

bolded the parts relevant to the questions in this thread.
use up all maneuvers, get new ones. plus people who attack you for this round take dmg according to how much animus you have left.
Hope this clears it all up ^-^