PDA

View Full Version : Raiders of the Fellrime Maze IC

Genth
2016-09-13, 04:43 AM
Hatred's Rest

The ancient transport screamed like a wounded beast as it descended through the atmospheric bubble around the crash site, rocking its occupants like stones inside the Spartan, cold interior. It had been quite a journey to get to this point, and yet it seemed almost ignoble to be travelling down to the earth of Hatred’s Rest in such a rickety, uncouth manner. Despite appearances, however, the warband currently flying down towards the crash site was far more special than most of the other groups milling around down there, in the hopes of being permitted entry. These six had been selected personally by none other than Witch-Prince Acheron Frost himself.

Not that they had met Lord Frost, nor had they set foot on the Daedalian Catechism, the massive Grand Cruiser Flagship of the Fellrime Fleet. They had seen the ship when the raider transporting them to the planet fell into orbit, hanging imposingly above the rest of the gathered fleet, it’s blue and black decorations drawing in the eye with intricate, impossibly complex geometric patterns, seemingly repeated at all levels of detail… They had also seen other ships, well-known ones such as the Samhain, the Warship of the Three Bloodsoaked Ravens; the Little Death, personal pleasure barge of a Pirate Queen; the Where Alph, the sacred river, ran through caverns measureless to man and many others. The size of such a force should have been a cause for worry for many powerful people within the Screaming Vortex, but so far away from the inner stars, and in such a useless location – this was a show gathering, a means for impression and performance.

This show was decidedly less impressive down on the ground. As the transport flew over the massive, kilometres-wide crater, the camp of hopeless hopefuls was a picture of misery and patheticness. Most were ragged bands of humans in half-made tents, a few lone Astartes, given a wide berth by the others, in sparking, unmaintained armor sitting on the cold ground. Sharp eyes notice what looks like a military encampment, with wire fencing and even moderately straight buildings – but the place is clearly recently abandoned.

The centre of the crater is another story. All that can be seen of the object which landed here are two long, thin, black spires, unadorned and unmoving, but the rough hill of rock, molten by the force of the landing and solidified over the top of the intruder, is abuzz with activity. Lord Frost’s emblems adorn the squat buildings everywhere, and his personal troops, in their blue and black armor, guard a few hewn-cut entrances. This fortress is not for the six in the transport either, it would seem, as the shuddering ship flies over the buzzing to land perhaps a kilometre away from the object itself, a concrete, and apparently dropped in place, bunker sitting emblazoned with Lord Frost’s emblem. A thin man is standing outside to meet you, pale blue robes obscuring almost all of his body. You see a head, shoulders and then blue robes falling straight down to the ground.

”Greetings. I am Khol, Lord Frost’s Chamberlain. I will keep this brief, as I have work to do. You will be granted access to the ship. This bunker had been provided to house you for the night and permit you to acclimatize and ready yourself for the trials ahead. The ship has at the bridge, a sword. You are expected to reach and successfully grasp the sword’s hilt. There will be danger. Nothing else will be explained. Goodbye.” the man says, his voice cold, clipped, artificial but not made by machinery. He strides off without another word.

This, if t'weren't obvious, is a wee opportunity to showcase and characterize your characters before you enter the ship. But also feel free to make a few tests if your characters have sought out any particular information. I trust your judgement to decide what tests are appropriate for what actions.

Col.Straken
2016-09-13, 01:30 PM
D'Oyly had his hands clenched against the restraints as the transport rattled through the atmosphere, "My left testicle could fly this bucket of bolts better than you two frakking grox herders!" he shouted to the pilots. When they finally landed he checked his gear and strapped his Jump Pack onto his back.

He listened to Khol with little interest, he was just there to get tge team out fastand move them from place to place, that was until he was near the end. "Wait, what. We just have to grab the hilt. What that frak?"

Emperor Ing
2016-09-13, 01:59 PM
As much as he tried to keep a grip on to the rickety transport, holding onto what ever and who ever was available with one of his four arms, Hiss still felt dizzy and disoriented by the time they reached the ground. The offer of staying the night inside was extremely tempting right about then, and the power-armored alien had a thought that maybe trying to keep himself still like he did was the wrong idea. By the end of the ride, Hiss was very dizzy, barely able to walk in a straight line and somehow barely able to keep balance despite both wearing power armor, and having four legs to stand on. It probably didn't help that the transport lacked rak'gol shaped seats or seat restraints. By the time the transport arrived, he considered himself lucky that neither of his two axes fell out from their restraints on his back. Masters tend to yell at him whenever anyone breaks out into tumors upon grasping one of the extremely radioactive axes.

Master, may we stay for tonight? He asked the pilot D'oyly, whom the Old Master has bestowed Hiss remote to. The alien's upper body swaying slightly as he struggled to reorient himself to standing on solid ground. He was also pretty sure the servos on his left lower shoulder required adjustment, though he wasn't entirely sure if the neural lag came from his power armor, or the cybernetics. We can grasp the hilt of the sword later.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-13, 03:25 PM
As this transport, if you could even call it that, it could barely be qualified as a metal box with an engine on it, but that was not important. Adivarius was a space marine, a old space marine, as he could remember the day that his Primarch left the imperium of man due to his mistakes trying to recreate his legion. Adivarius stood up, the lights flickering on the transport, and that might have been the only thing that gave the Space Marine away in this area. He was standing there, quiet as a soft breeze, without making a sound as the power sword under his cloak clanked against his armor. His sensors looked over the people next to him as he tried to gather as much information about them from sight as possible. This was an interesting bunch.

Once the transport landed, he let everyone else get out first before moving towards the exit and then walking down the stairs. These people were going to be his next flock, and we will have to see how well it goes. As he walked out it become more clear that the Space Marine was wearing a full sized Camo cloak, as it started to try and blend into the background of the dirt around him, but it covered every inch of his body and the cloak covered his head and his face was in darkness. Under that cloak, if anyone managed to get a look it was pure black but they would never see the shoulder, where the symbol of the Raven Guard was still left there in clear view.

As he looked at the ship, he tried to mentally plan out what he would need to do to get where he needed to go. Imperial ships, even the smallest ones, had miles of pathways and things that were dangerous to human on them normally, let alone ones that were left on a Chaos planet. Whatever was in there most likely could give a space marine a good fight, otherwise this trail would be pointless. Unless this person wanted to see how well this team of people can work together and force something to happen. Well... I guess we will see how well this goes.

I agree with the Xenos... staying here for the night will allow us time to figure out a plan on how to attack a vessal of this size. This is still an Imperial ship and I am sure we are all well aware of how massive they can be. It also allows some scouting to be done to see if we can figure anything out about it before we go in because our...... host didn't give us much to go on.

Donan
2016-09-13, 04:01 PM
"How many others have you said this same thing to Chamberlain?" Bjorn asks the departing figure as he stretches in the open air, letting out a loud guffaw. "A ship that doesn't want guests is a meat blender." Still chuckling, he turns to face the others, deep jagged scars crossing one side of his face and framing one of his canine eyes. "There's a good chance it'll kill us all." He notes airly, seeming untroubled by that possiblity. "A few hours will sharpen us all, see us battle ready."

The Space Wolf stretches again, glimpses of fur coating his arms briefly visible, fur that didn't seem to be part and parcel of any clothing. "Take a breath, consider the ship. We may be hunting in it for a long time. Best to savour the open air while we can."

Sinpoder707
2016-09-13, 04:41 PM
" Does anyone even know what kind of ship it is? "

Emperor Ing
2016-09-13, 04:42 PM
It is a meat grinder until the ship recognizes us as its masters. Hiss suggests as the pieces fall into place as he approaches the bunker door, attempting to enter. Odd why they are inside of a bunker as opposed to some other of those human "hab blocks" or what ever they called them. Is an attack to be expected? The sword mentioned must be linked to automantic defense systems. Automata make for unsatisfying enemies anyhow, so swiftness will be important.

Col.Straken
2016-09-14, 03:16 AM
D'Oyly shrugged and then headed to the bunker, "Well, looks like we are staying here for the night. Lets discuss plans inside, you lot seem to have forgotten that I don't have a heated suit of shiny armour keeping me stood up."

As he walked off he started talking to the group, just plainly expecting them to follow, "I Don't think scouting the outside will help much, looks like Frosty has that covered anywho. As for it being a Meat blender, every ship is, the whole point is that they are designed to stop intruders. Frakking hell, the hardest path is going to be to the bridge. Most likely the middle of the ship, only one way in and out, long straight runs, no cover, a few intersections where they can set up crossfires. Just pray that not much is left working in there. Perfect place for some flamers though." He smiled and patted his two hand flamers at his waist.

The Glyphstone
2016-09-14, 12:12 PM
"If the route we take is going to be a meat blender, then clearly the solution is not to use meat to clear it, yes?"

Lexandro trailed along to one side of the group, the robes over his armor swirling slightly in the gentle breeze from his wings as they kept a slow, reflexive beat. Around and behind him, his four servitors followed like a gaggle of ducklings - heavily armed and armored blindly obedient ducklings, at least. And as usual, they had clothes on.

He stopped, tilting his head and looking at the servitor closest to him, a hulking brute toting its plasma cannon like a rifle, and wrapped awkwardly in what may have been an Imperial noblewoman's court dress in some past age. "Oh, I absolutely agree, Belinda. Long sightlines are a beautiful thing sometimes, you and Albrecht will have a wonderful time there." Neither it nor its nearest companion, decorated like an underhive ganger with a heavy bolter, gave any indication of acknowledging the conversation.

"I haven't forgotten you either, Charlie. Albrecht and Belinda will get to play with anything at range, but you'll do just fine getting us through any stubbornly locked blast doors, won't you?" The multi-melta toting servitor dressed in generic PDF fatigues, naturally, remained mute and unresponsive as it continued to plod along.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-14, 03:27 PM
It is a meat grinder until the ship recognizes us as its masters. Hiss suggests as the pieces fall into place as he approaches the bunker door, attempting to enter. Odd why they are inside of a bunker as opposed to some other of those human "hab blocks" or what ever they called them. Is an attack to be expected? The sword mentioned must be linked to automantic defense systems. Automata make for unsatisfying enemies anyhow, so swiftness will be important.

D'Oyly shrugged and then headed to the bunker, "Well, looks like we are staying here for the night. Lets discuss plans inside, you lot seem to have forgotten that I don't have a heated suit of shiny armour keeping me stood up."

As he walked off he started talking to the group, just plainly expecting them to follow, "I Don't think scouting the outside will help much, looks like Frosty has that covered anywho. As for it being a Meat blender, every ship is, the whole point is that they are designed to stop intruders. Frakking hell, the hardest path is going to be to the bridge. Most likely the middle of the ship, only one way in and out, long straight runs, no cover, a few intersections where they can set up crossfires. Just pray that not much is left working in there. Perfect place for some flamers though." He smiled and patted his two hand flamers at his waist.

"If the route we take is going to be a meat blender, then clearly the solution is not to use meat to clear it, yes?"

Lexandro trailed along to one side of the group, the robes over his armor swirling slightly in the gentle breeze from his wings as they kept a slow, reflexive beat. Around and behind him, his four servitors followed like a gaggle of ducklings - heavily armed and armored blindly obedient ducklings, at least. And as usual, they had clothes on.

He stopped, tilting his head and looking at the servitor closest to him, a hulking brute toting its plasma cannon like a rifle, and wrapped awkwardly in what may have been an Imperial noblewoman's court dress in some past age. "Oh, I absolutely agree, Belinda. Long sightlines are a beautiful thing sometimes, you and Albrecht will have a wonderful time there." Neither it nor its nearest companion, decorated like an underhive ganger with a heavy bolter, gave any indication of acknowledging the conversation.

"I haven't forgotten you either, Charlie. Albrecht and Belinda will get to play with anything at range, but you'll do just fine getting us through any stubbornly locked blast doors, won't you?" The multi-melta toting servitor dressed in generic PDF fatigues, naturally, remained mute and unresponsive as it continued to plod along.

The Xenos is most likely correct on this matter, it is more then likely automatons or some kind of automated defenses. That would be the easiest thing we could deal with because then we could be clever and out smart some basic machine spirit. The Raven Guard said all of this as he walked towards the place where they were told to go inside Yes. It would be a good place to use flamers, if it was against things of flesh and bone but I doubt your hand flamers will be hot enough to melt a heavily armored servitor... speaking of which The spare marine looked at the man bringing several of them to bear in this attack. This could be very helpful but sadly they were more then likely servitors so most likely not the best in aiming but it was better then nothing. I have to ask... does anyone know what kind of ship we are walking into is? They didn't tell us if we were walking into a bloody transport or a battle barge and both require very different tactics to handle effectively.

He turned to his flock and asked this simple question, and was hoping to get an answer.

The Glyphstone
2016-09-14, 04:53 PM
"Oh, don't worry about servitors if we run into any. I'm always looking for new children to adopt, and I'm quite persuasive." Pausing and glancing to one side. "No, you three will always be my favorites, of course, and if the new kids don't work out I can render them down for you easily enough."

Pondering the Legionnaire's question, Lexandro fell silent again as he turned his immense intellect towards anything he might be able to deduce regarding the task ahead.

Rolling Common Lore (Tech) and Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech). Maybe useful, maybe not. INT of 62, my Cortex Implant gives me +20 to Lore tests, so a TN of <=82.
Tech: [roll0] - Pass with 0+1=1 degree of success.
Archaeotech:[roll1] - Failure. Sadly, I don't have enough Corruption to be able to re-roll tests yet.

Genth
2016-09-14, 05:15 PM
Your Common Lore (Tech) roll was good enough to notice that what you can see of the ship - i.e. the thin black spires are reminiscent of communication arrays, but are thinner and with less equipment than most Imperial ships.

You people seem to be communicating well with eachother, and I'm a firm believer in primarily allowing players to interact with eachother. So FYI, I'm watching,a dn will move things along when the crew goes to bed/stasis/does something, but otherwise will be relatively passive at times like this.

Chamberlain Kohl doesn't furnish the Space Wolf with a reply, continuing away without a word and soon vanishing into the activity around the ship itself.

Within the bunker is a simplistic, and obviously STC-designed barracks, albeit with one side of the bunk room ripped out to make way for much, much larger sleeping slabs. It is unadorned, plain, and clearly fresh, chips of loose concrete still lying on the ground.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-14, 06:42 PM
Oooh! Hiss exclaimed with interest as he scampered into the bunker, observing its spartan interiors and newly-finished construction. The alien ran to one of the beds in a flash of surprising speed. Though poor by anyone else's standard of measurment, Hiss found it to be downright luxurious in comparison to his previously squalid quarters.

Master, I like these accommodations very much. May we bring this bunker aboard the ship once we secure it? He asked D'oyly.

Genth
2016-09-14, 07:17 PM
None of the beds are filthy xenos shaped. Ha.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-15, 09:40 AM
Adivarius watched as the Xenos ran off into the bunker, and he simply sighed as he continued to follow. He had never meet any kind of Xenos like this one, and he had purged alot of xenos in his day but this one was surprisingly fast for his size and bulk. He just hopes he never has to see any more of his kind because he just honestly doesn't want to deal with something like that. He followed the creature into the bunker and he saw the beds. He without a second thought started looking around for traps and secrets that might have been left here by someone. He didn't trust the Witch, nor should anyone else, but once he was done with that he would tell his findings to the group as a whole before leaning up against a near by wall and saying clearly to the Xenos " If you don't fit into any of those beds, you may take my bed as I will not be needed it.... I have plans for tonight in the darkness." as he said that he seemed to have relaxed, as if a suit of armor could relax as he started to go into his meditative state. He needed his four hours of sleep so he could be at full strength for when the darkness on this planet comes over.

Col.Straken
2016-09-15, 02:11 PM
D'Oyly shrugged at the Xeno, "You carry it and it's a deal" he said with a silly grin, knowing full well no mortal being could lift an orbit dropped bunker... Or any bunker really. He then swiftly walked over to the bed closest the door and dropped his gear on it before unbuckling his Jump Pack and letting it fall to the floor. "I call this bed!" he shouted as he did so like a school boy. "I say we get some kip, let the shadow run around in the dark, going to be a long day tomorrow."

DrK
2016-09-15, 03:32 PM
Akaros

The emaciated psyker had rattled about in the transport cursing the thousand demons of tzeentch's realm that had left him on such a rickety piece of space junk. When he had sworn 9 x 9 days to Lord Frost he had hoped that this would grant him access to the Lord's library of magical texts or rituals. Instead he was chosen to be placed on a piece of junk and banished down to the planet with collection of renegades, deluded astartes and a strange and odd looking xeno beast. He watched from the windows at the camps beneath wondering as he often did at the attraction that the Dark Gods had for such normal mortals who had no gifts or powers to benefit themselves. Still, he mused, they are useful tools and expendable resources for those gifted like him. THe hard landing jarred him from is reverie and he joined the others in leaving the small transport vessel

Leaving the vessel he naturally enough fell in beside the only other "human" D'Oyly, (not counting 8ft tall mutants or half mechanoids) looking at the scuttling xeno. "I am curious. I have seen many strange beasts in the vortex but never one such as your pet. What manner of creature is it and how did you come to possess such a monster." He watches Hiss scuttle around looking at the axes, chitin plates and clawed limbs. "It looks an effective killing machine."

As they arrive at the bunker he smirks slightly at D'Oyly's comment before watching confused by the strange man thing speak so cryptically at them. He lets his warp senses roam and a strands of warp stuff whisper around the servant's mind as he seeks more information.

Fettered mind probe with the -20 so target doesn't know [roll0] TN59 Vs servant [roll1] TN ???

Irrespective of the mind probing he surveys the ship. Seeking the fractured memories gifted by the Changer of Ways he scans the local area of the camp and the crashed remains of the imperial vessel looking for any signs that may help identify it or give some clue to what may lie within. After a long searching gaze at the vessel he joins the others in the small barracks, his cursed body leaving sounds echoing strangely around him and looking about for any water or something stronger to drink and a quiet corner to gather his thoughts. His eyes follow the two astartes wondering what would motivate such warriors to do Lord Frost's bidding.

Fettered Glimpse [roll2] At PR2 -- TN 79

Lore (imperial navy) [roll3] TN 47 +20 from glimpse if successful, +1 DoS from infused knowledge
Lore (legends) if its a story [roll4] TN 47 +1 DoS from infused knowledge
Lore (heraldry) if there are markings [roll5] TN 47 +1 DoS from infused knowledge
Lore (screaming vortex) for hints and tips on factions [roll6] TN 47 +1 DoS from infused knowledge
Lore (tech) for "techy type stuff" [roll7] TN 47 +1 DoS from infused knowledge
Psyniscience [roll8] TN52 for any weird phenomona

Emperor Ing
2016-09-15, 06:27 PM
Hiss made a happy rasping sound at his Master's confirmation. I shall do just that then, Master! Then the rational part of his brain realized the gravity of the task. The xeno amended: I shall attempt just that then, Master. With a hissing of hydraulics and decompressing atmosphere, the laborious task of Hiss removing himself from his power armor began, starting with the helmet. That came off easily enough, but everything else is a strict procedure of rites and timing that, though simple enough, proved to be quite tedious. He should still be grateful it was designed for allowing its occupant some measure of ease in entering and exiting the armor.

You would permit me to use your bed...? Hiss replied to Adivarius, a bit touched. Then I shall owe you...a debt of...favor. He struggled for the words. Low Gothic being a second language, phrases such as "kindness" and "generosity" were never heard, let alone learned. Even if it existed in a book, he wouldn't know the pronunciation. By this point, he was halfway through the removal of his armor, his organic, alien body emerging from the exoskeleton like a horrid snake molting its skin. Its four arms still appear clearly mechanical. A pair of massive batlike wings sprouting from its back.

Col.Straken
2016-09-16, 01:57 AM
Once he was settled, D'Oyly started to strip his own armour off, this wasn't too much trouble for him in his own Carapace. As he did so he turned to the Psyker, he shuddered as the man was clearly deep in the Warp, when he finally returned he replied to the mans earlier question, "I wouldn't say he was my pet, Mr Frost dumped the things explosive control on me, why, I don't have a frakking clue."

He hoped the Psyker hadn't been probing around the room too much, while to the naked eye he looks like a normal person, with no distinguishing features. Underneath a psychic phenomenon he was a hulking monster, just a little shorter than a Space Marine, his skin was merged with muscle and his face was a snarling snout.

Donan
2016-09-16, 02:03 PM
"Take what's offered, carefully." Bjorn advises, stripping off the heavier sections of his armour to reveal a leatherworked carapace below, the signs of fur on his arms even more obivous now. "Hiss seems quite happy, and even if he's not." He tosses the Xeno a savage grin. "You'll sleep better at night if you believe he's not planning your murder." He paces, then exhales. "I'm not planning to spend much time here. Rest, carry out what surveys of the ship you think best, and we'll go at first night."

He pauses, then glances towards Akaros. "No one is getting near us easily, with all those guards out there. But that changes if they let anyone through, and our host may decide to test the waters..

I'll keep my ears open tonight, in case he does."

Genth
2016-09-16, 03:52 PM
The Warp spasms around you as you attempt to reach out to touch the Chamberlain's mind, feeling like your soul is squeezed before being tossed aside, your mind unable to reach beyond its bony enclosure. The pain makes you wince, but even so, you turn the roiling energy within to another task, to touch the future itself to give you knowledge. Although half-made shapes flicker through your mind, the sensation of flying through the black void creeps up your spine, you do not notice any familiarity in what you see. What you do feel, observe, however is a palpable sense of danger, of coiled, predatory hunger surrounding the ship. Something of the warp still clings to it, and it feels dangerous

I'll allow for one more post 'pre scene change' in terms of my responses, otherwise NEXT SCENE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Night falls - as far as it can on this strange, barren world. The lights of the survey stations atop the mound where the ship are illuminate the land for kilometers around it, and sharp-eyed mutants, long guns in hand, comb the area with their perceptive vision. Despite the worries of the Wolf, there are no incursions of the area around where the warband are situated. There are screams and the sound of lasgun fire from far away, but they remain distant, the problem of the slum-town burgeoning on the other side of the ship.

Morning comes and outside the bunker stands Kohl once again - this time with four well-armored murder servitors around him, dressed resplendently in blue cloth. "Good morning. Your time has come. Please follow me to the entrance chamber." the man says, dispassionately when sufficient numbers of the warband are outside. He turns, and starts to stride away towards the ship once again.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-16, 07:27 PM
Previous Day

Master I...cannot answer that question. The alien begins just as he finishes getting the last hind leg out from inside the armor. The creature's long sinuous tail sliding out easily. I speculate that Old Master Frost simply needed a subordinate Master for minute-by-minute instruction in his absence. Old Master has informed me I become violent in the absence of instruction. In hindsight, I feel a sense of sadness over the termination of our previous relationship. Have I not done all you asked, Old Master? Have I failed to shed enough blood or collect enough skulls?

Furthermore, why did he decide this "war band" required only six members? Eight is clearly the superior number.

This is a rather depressing line of thought, Master. He complains, looks back at D'oyly, the alien face seemingly grinning from Hiss' previous melancholy. Despite the Astartes sized bed somehow being even too small for the alien, he manages to coil his elongated body around itself in something that might resemble a resting position. I look forward to our future relationship, and providing a harsh, brutal, and mercifully short future for your enemies, Master.

The next day.

No, it was the cybernetics. After some quick maintenance, and several tedious minutes of trial-and-error to make sure the re-calibration was just right, Hiss rotated his lower left arm, satisfied at its performance and calibration. Just to be sure, he checked the servo motors and joints on his armor both as a well-practiced maintenance rite, and to make sure everything was in working order. Especially that metal thing just behind the back of his head. What was it called again? Iron Halo? It's important, so he double-checked to make sure that was powered and still functional. Only problem is that the Augmented from Frost's company were never forthcoming about how it works, exactly.

Satisfied, and after a quick and rather messy meal from the bunker's surprisingly well-stocked pantry, Hiss slipped back into his armor. The last joint sealed and all functions reported green just in time for the knock to be heard.

Our time has come! Hiss gasps, joy audible in his voice. Master, are you excited?

The Glyphstone
2016-09-16, 07:46 PM
Day 0

"Were you never taught to count, creature? There are ten of us here, not six." Lexandro gestures offhandedly towards his three combat servitors, and the forth servitor - a more standard-pattern humanoid dressed in a Medicae technician's smock and coat. "Do try to remember all of us in the future, you might hurt their feelings otherwise."

Having made his point, he retreats to a bed in a corner of the bunker, with his servitors shuffling along behind and forming a wall of meat+metal between their master and the rest of the room, blankly staring into thin air.

Day 1

"Alright, everyone, time to get up, we've got a busy day ahead of us. Albrecht, make sure your ammo feeds are running smooth. Belinda, clean your cooling vents, we don't want to get an overheat. Charlie, help Belinda with her vents after you check your fuel levels. Daniel, you'll want to stay here for now. Set up that bed over there as an operating table in case we need it coming out."

DrK
2016-09-17, 04:44 AM
Akaros

The psyker rises in the morning happily meditating on the ship and the wonders it may contain. After seeing the others rise he joins them outside, a hand clutching the hilt of the sword as the daemon within it whispers and hisses bleeding warp energy around him.

He nods to the renegade and the Heretek, carefully watching the battle servitors and the way their master spoke to them and vowed to stay behind them where possible as a good shield against whatever may come their way.

He gives a short bow to the Chamberlain "Lead us then to this ship and the test that lies inside ". As he follows he counts the number and smiles happily, with the servitor left behind there were 9 of them. An auspicious start.

Col.Straken
2016-09-17, 07:44 AM
The Night before

D'Oyly looks at the Xeno completely confused, the thing is clearly more insane that he is. "Yea Hiss, you kill all our enemies, that's all that matters." with that said he checks his weapons are close by, the laspistol under his pillow and others within easy reach before settling down ready to get as much sleep as he could in a room filled with murderers, Xeno, Giants and Psykers.

In the morning

He opens his eyes and sits up, eyes darting to his weapons doing a quick count. His hand already clutching the laspistol. Certain everything is still in it's rightful place he rubs his eyes, " Morning all. I hope we are ready for our big trip." Rolling out of bed he starts to get dressed, pulling his armour into place. Once dressed he pulled his on style jump pack into place, two circular vents sticking out to either side of him. He then made sure his Boltgun and chainsword were magnetized to it and his three pistols sat at his waist. He looked around, "Right then, lets get this show on the road lads."

Sinpoder707
2016-09-17, 08:36 PM
Once the Night Came

The Raven Guard would awake up as it became pitch dark he would go into action. He would take a step outside and he would be at home. The darkness. As he started to walk around, he would flip a switch on his power armor, the switch that activated the stummer, and he would start to sneak around the crater. He wanted to see if he managed to hear anything about this mission and what could be below them as he moved around. Humans had a habit, even chaos worshipers, to talk to each other to keep themselves busy and when that is done they often say some interesting information.

[roll0] TN: 110 -20 to Enemies Perception due to Darkness

Morning
As the sun started to come over the horizon, the Space Marine made his way back to the bunker. He was to wait for his allies to wake up and come out, as he turned off the stummer, which he had done several times over the night, as it would start to recharge from the extra power coming off his power armor. He saw Frost's lacky walk over to the bunker, and give the orders and he was the last one to leave the area of the bunker to follow the group.

Genth
2016-09-19, 05:04 PM
Again, the Chancellor does not furnish the others with an answer, simply walking and leading the group towards the massive hillside that is the ship. It rises slowly above them, the scale of the thing coming into grasp, at least two hundred meters rising. The ground becomes black and cracked where they step as they walk towards a large, hastily-fabricated building built into the side of the mountain. Inside, the warband sees the rock and ground torn away, to reveal an ink-black, slightly shining surface, perhaps twelve by twelve meters, the construction of the side of the ship strangely smooth, save for the brutal-looking hole torn open by mining lasers, large enough, just, for an Astartes to step through.

"We have arrived. Within, the ship is yours to explore and conquer. My Lord Frost expects results, so please ensure that you are competent." Kohl replies, emotionless. He gives you all a brief glance, and then vacates the building, and behind him, the steel doors close, leaving you with only the entrance to the ship looming.

You think you can hear something coming from the ship, a low, baritone whispering, but you cannot make out the words.

Looking through the hole, all that you can see is a plain corridor, heading left and right.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-19, 05:18 PM
Adivarius looked down either side of the tunnel, his helmet allowing him to see more then normal as he scanned the area before saying to the others. Who here has Vox... if you do then here is the channel that leads to my helmet He would give the number to the people who had Vox as he said simply This is going to get very rough from here on out. So lets try not to die. Also... there is a baritone whisper coming from the lower part of the ship. Clearly warp, but lets go see if it is friendly or not.

As he said that, he would start moving to the right, now completely silent again as he pulled his plasma pistol, one that was attached by a heavy cable to his power pack, out of the holster and got it ready to shot as his Auto-Senses started to try and find targets for him to shot at. This was going to be a rough ride but he was ready.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-19, 06:49 PM
Arms stretch backwards towards their users' backside as Hiss reaches for the handles of his two axes. Large, bulky contraptions. Each one a massive axe head, or rather, a large sheet of sharpened metal, with a large metal rod sticking through it, providing a handle. Within and around the axe head are several various wires and devices placed seemingly at random. A tech adept may recognize something that vaguely resembles a power field generator, but it's clearly something else as the blade and even some of the handle glows with a sickly yellow hue that oozes power rather than sparking with the power that is common among Imperial and Heretekal power fields. One axe is held in two hands, another is held in one hand, choked up near its head for easy swinging. On Hiss' fourth hand, over the gauntlet of the power armor, are a series of wicked looking thick needles and wide blades that almost look like torture tools, but far more brutal. Electricity arcs across the gauntlet.

Testing, six-seven-eight. Hiss tested the vox link. Though his suit lacked proper vox uplink, it did possess micro-bead comm systems. Is there such a thing as friendly warp-based entity? Hiss asked rhetorically.

DrK
2016-09-19, 11:58 PM
Akaros

The psyker looks flatly at the Chamberlain before joining the others taking Ak'Heth'Theol from its scabbard, the beast that mutates glimmering and twisting slightly in his grasp. Wrapping the flak cloak around him he makes sure to stand behind Hiss and Bjorn.

Eyes and other senses open he looks about, opening himself to chaos to aid his senses.

Unfettered glimpse [roll0] TN 89
Awareness [roll1] TN 42 +20

Psyniscience [roll2] TN 52

Col.Straken
2016-09-20, 04:25 AM
D'Oyly unclips his Chainsword as a precaution and grabs his laspistol. No point having his flamers out while people were so close, they would be more use once they split up... And they would split up, people always do on a ship. "I say we find the latest data-port and we can log in and see if we can find a map for this place." he looked around the corridors nervously, he always hated not knowing where the enemy was. "Bridge is going to be somewhere near the centre anyway, gotta keep it protected from shots and boarders. Like us..." he said nervously.

Genth
2016-09-21, 05:24 PM
The ship seems... quiet. Oddly quiet. Normally, a ship, even powered down, has the clink and plink of a million small mechanical actions still going through it, and within this corridor, there is no sound save for the clank of your boots on the deck. It is dark within, the light from the constructed building on the outside penetrating only about fifteen meters into the corridor. You start off down the corridor to the left, and soon find an open doorway and a corridor heading deeper into the ship. This corridor angles downward slightly, and every twenty meters or so, there are closed, locked doors on either side. The construction and material of the ship's interior is unlike anything you've ever seen before, jet-black and unearthly smooth. Upon the angular, triangle-shaped doors are strange markings in jagged, almost bladelike script.

Hiss TN 36 [roll0]
Krivan TN 30 [roll1]
Akaros TN 42 [roll2]
D'Oyle TN 39 [roll3]
Bjorn TN 42 [roll4]
Anne Nonymous (Our good friend the Raven Guard) TN 45 [roll5]

Genth
2016-09-21, 05:46 PM
There is a sudden hiss of frustration, and the floor beneath you all falls away violently, as you are flung up into the air, crashing first against the hard ceiling of the room, and then violently thrown to the ground, gravity itself spasming for a moment.

Hiss takes [roll0] damage to the Body
Krivan takes [roll1] damage to the Head
Akaros takes [roll2] damage to the Body
D'oyle takes [roll3] damage to the Body
Bjorn takes [roll4] damage to the Body
Mr. Fantastic takes [roll5] damage to the Body

As you crash to the ground, you see a hazy, dark silhouette emerging from one of the doors, the closed metal wavering before vanishing to reveal itself as an illusion, the shadow, too tall, too thin to be human, starting to run down the corridor.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-21, 06:53 PM
Instinct took over as Hiss suddenly felt the pull of gravity reassert itself violently before he had the chance to extend his wings. Twisting his body, his feet reached the ground first, only slowing down the momentum of his large body as it struck the ground with a resounding bang. Though it had been enough. Painful as it was, the impact was likely only to leave some tolerable bruising.

Then a shadow figure emerged. Something in the bottom of Hiss' very soul called out in outrage. Did this creature dare to use psychic powers? Did it dare?! As soon as he was able, Hiss ran after it, axes held high. Its large, quadrupedal body stampeding through the cooridor like a rocket. Surely Master would be proud if he brought the creature's skull?

<Death!!> Hiss exclaimed in his indigenous tongue, sounding more like the horrid howl of a nightmare beast than anything that could be considered a coherent language. <Death!>

(Taking a Run action after the shadow thing. Run speed is 60.)

Sinpoder707
2016-09-21, 07:03 PM
As the Raven Guard falls onto the ground, he growls as he then looks up and points his plasma pistol down the hallway and with a flick of a switch turned it on maximum mode and aiming would attempt to fire down the hall at the target. As the hot ball of plasma streaked across the hall, it missed Hiss and managed to make direct contact with the thing whatever it was and now it all depends on if he dodged it somehow or he had a force field.

See OOC for roll and damage

DrK
2016-09-21, 11:20 PM
Akaros

The psyker curses as gravity contracts around rending and tearing at his body as the enemy warlock manages to surprise the!, a powerful feat indeed! Standing slowly he focuses his mind hurling bolts of psychic energy at the fleeing shape before moving to take cover behind one of the hulking servitors.

Sadly still confused and battered by the wall and ceiling he fails to muster the warp power...

Ouch! 6/13 wounds remaining. That could have dropped me into critical wound status!

DOOMBOLT! The fleeing figure
[roll0] TN 89
Psychic barrage hit per DoS or 2 DoS (I need to check my book) (max 4)
[roll1] PEN8
[roll2] PEN8
[roll3] PEN8
[roll4] PEN8

Col.Straken
2016-09-22, 02:19 AM
D'Oyly was taken by surprise at the sudden loss of gravity, luckily his instincts kicked in, fighting in space meant loss of artificial gravity at any moment. True he hadn't been expecting that to happen down here on a crashed ship, but his body had the training for it and that took over now. He rolled as best as he could with the fall, his bulky jump pack getting in the way as he did so, but avoiding the worst of the possible damage. As he rolled into a crouch he saw the Xeno charging down the corridor and flashing bolts flying past him, "What a fool, I knew this was a bad idea" shaking his head he held off the shot not wanting to hit the rampaging beast by mistake, no point in provoking the thing into squashing him with a misplaced shot!

Damage reduced by 6 because of Catfall

aand Acrobatics test: TN63 [roll0] (AG63, -20 Untrained, +20 Catfall) To reduce by an extra 6 damage

Genth
2016-09-24, 04:23 PM
The Raven Guard's plasma shot strikes first, taking the shadow full in the back, and for a brief moment the full figure is illuminated, a ghostly, transparent image of a tall humanoid, spiked, light armor and an elongated helmet, with something sinuous, snakelike wrapped around it's torso. Then the figure screams, an uneartly high, warbling pitch, and appears to evaporate, burning outwards from where the bolt struck... and through the vanishing image, you can see the plasma ball continue down the corridor before striking a wall some 100meters away. The ship rumbles, a sound like nails on a chalkboard just at the edge of hearing.

Silence and quiet falls again, with little evidence of the not-even-a-skirmish besmirching the senses.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-24, 05:24 PM
<Death-> Oh. Hiss stops in his tracks as the plasma bolt whizzes past his body and leaves naught but ashes and a few scorched remains where the creature used to be.

With no other alternative, he wandered back in the direction he came to rejoin the group and his master. The enemy has been...vaporized. He said simply.

DrK
2016-09-25, 03:21 PM
Akaros stops, breathing heavily and feeling battered by the sudden hammering from the psionic loss of control. He watches dispassionately as the figure is vapourised and smiles before walking cautiously forward behind the servitors and Hiss to look at the remains.

"A strange creature. Though potent with its witchcraft. Sadly no proof against an angry marine and a ball of searing plasma".

Looking about he searches the aether and considers the technology of the ship looking for an access point for their Heretek.

Lore (Ship) [roll0] TN 47 (+1 DoS)
Lore (Tech) [roll1] TN 47 (+1 DoS)
Lore (Legends) [roll2] TN 47 (+1 DoS)

Psyniscience [roll3] TN 52

Col.Straken
2016-09-25, 03:58 PM
D'Oyly gets back up from his kneeling position, but doesn't put his weapons away just yet. With a smile he looks to everyone "Well, I have a good feeling about this trip."

The Glyphstone
2016-09-25, 07:24 PM
The sudden reversal of gravity caught Lexandro and his escort by total surprise. The servitors with their automated mag-boots responded to the temporary null-grav conditions by clamping to the floor-turned ceiling, but their master was flung upward to strike the top of the passageway head-first - then, when gravity returned to normal, falling again back to the floor.

By the time he was on his feet again, the hostile psyker had already been reduced to screaming ashes, and he shrugged dismissively. "That caused a fair bit of injury. I will take a moment to assess and mend my wounds." From a satchel attached to his armor, the heretek retrieves a complex medical kit and activates it, letting the built-in cogitator scan him. "Moderate skull fracture, possible subdural hematoma, mild concussion, moderate surface abrasions...nothing critical." He follows the kit's detailed step-by-step instructions, including drilling a small hole into his skull before plugging it with a lump of synthetic bone-graft from the kit's reservoirs.

"Would anyone else care to have their injuries looked at before I put the kit away? I'm afraid Daniel isn't here with us to do proper aid, but the kit can do a fair job in his absence."

Medicae test with an Advanced Medikit, TN82. [roll0]
If successful, repairing 7 of my 10 damage.

Genth
2016-09-25, 07:37 PM
All that you know is that you are confused. You rack your brain for any familiar point, anything that could tell you where the nearest access point might be... and come up with nothing. An uncomfortable realization dawns on you - that this ship might not be human at all. It certainly doesn't look like one, nor does it have even a remote familiarity for you.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-25, 08:41 PM
Indeed, Master. Optimism is an excellent tool for maintaining morale during inauspicious circumstances. Hiss remarks rather brightly. I require no first-aid at this moment. He thought about it and he could already feel the soreness on his legs and body fading from a dull ache into nothing.

Akaros may require some. He turns his head to face the psyker. His fragile human body looks to have taken the fall poorly.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-25, 08:46 PM
As the plasma bolt ripped into the creature he got a good look at it in his scanners, and he could not quite figure out what it was before it vanished. The Raven Guard slowly started to stand up, his plasma gun steaming as he kept it pointed down the hallway and he winced slightly as he realized he might have slightly damaged something from the fall. That is very annoying, and he then looked around his helmet giving him perfect vision in this darkness as he waited for his weapon to finally cool off. Once it did, he looked at the medic " Can you heal a Space Marine... I am not mutated enough for it to be harder on you. If he could heal a space marine, he opened up a panel on his armor that would normally be used by Apothecaries to get into the armor to heal space marines as he kept his plasma gun pointed down the hall as he waited for the medic to heal his sore and possibly broken ribs. He was assuming that thing had some friends, if it did. He was going to show them the same fate as the first one.

Awarness: [roll0] TN: 55 (35+10 (Heighten Senses) +10 (Auto Senses))

4 Degrees of success

DrK
2016-09-26, 12:41 AM
Akaros, bruised, battered and with a fractured skull loks at Hiss in surprise. He hadn't realised it had noted his name much less would care aoutbhis health.
Approaching the Heretek he nods. "Assistance would be welcome thank you. "

Was down 4 wounds thanks to lucky acrobatics test

Emperor Ing
2016-09-27, 08:12 PM
We should keep moving, humans. Hiss states just as Lexandro finishes his first aid. Else my Master's enemies have a chance to regroup.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-27, 08:22 PM
After the failure to get help from the medic, apparently space marine were a little far beyond his capabilities to heal but that was to be expected. Space Marines are not like anything else that the average human has to deal with but he stood up and started to move. He headed towards the place where he assumed the bridge would be, but as this was an old ship so who knows where that would really be.

Genth
2016-09-29, 05:40 PM
Soon you find the corridor sloping downwards as you move further into the bowels of the ship, and it suddenly becomes a spiraling slope, bringing you further beneath the ground. Those whispers begin to get louder, soon becoming audible even to the Psyker, although the words are still impossible to make out. The ship's inhumanity seems to grow on you, the angles, the materials, all wrong...

That is, until you see, at the end of a right-angle turn, a banner crudely pinned up against the facing wall, dark green with a bright, blood-red fist emblazoned across it, and in low gothic script the phrase "Payback's a Bitch". As you round the corner, you hear a sizzling sound, and are suddenly faced with a barricade, perhaps 60 meters down a long corridor. Professional-looking, metal barriers have been places across the hallway, and more worryingly, there are now two large Lascannons, poking out from narrow slits in the barricade, pointed directly at you.

"Oi! Stop right there and don't you dare frakking move!"

Emperor Ing
2016-09-29, 05:53 PM
Despite the indignanty of being ordered by someone other than his Master, even Hiss' alien mind recognized when to back down from a fight. He knew what lascannons could do. I am stopping. He complies, the axes still in his hands but held in a passive stance just above his body. I was not informed there were more humans in this ship.

DrK
2016-09-30, 03:52 PM
Akaros shrinks down slightly using the servitor and Raven's guard bulks to hide behind. In such imposing company he hopes to remain inconspicuous. Peering through the badly lit corridor for he calls out hesitantly. "Fellow wanderers in the mystery vesssel. There is no need for violence. I hope you can shed some light on that mystery.

Sinpoder707
2016-09-30, 04:24 PM
As the Raven Guard turned the corner he looked down the hall and much to his surprise he saw two Las Cannons. He also knew that a las cannon could kill even him with ease. He simply pulled back behind the corner, as it was 90 degrees but he knew that if they really wanted to shoot though the wall they could most likely do it easily.

Col.Straken
2016-10-01, 09:49 AM
D'Oyly quickly swapped out his laspistol for one of his hand flamers, "So what is the play? I wouldn't say they look like they are here to chat" he took another look around the corner trying to judge if he could make it down there before being fried.

Genth
2016-10-10, 05:34 PM
"What the frakk are you lot?" the voice yells, and sharp eyes can make out a human, in rather well-formed uniform, the same fist emblem on his chest, peeking out from between the barricades. "Nah, doesn't matter" he interjects to himself almost immediately. "You're the first ones who 'aint automatically shot at us, so inclined t'give the basic politeness. Wait there, don' move, and I'll go grab the Colonel."

After looking at the emblem for a while, racking your brain, you suddenly recognize it: the The Fists of Kzarov, a regiment of humans, in the mold of the Imperial Army. Some sources say they come from a company aligned to the Alpha Legion, however the Fists are strongly aligned to Khorne. Unlike those Marines who revel in slaughter, the Fists are more inclined towards the Tactical side of Khornate worship - they delight in crushing their enemy through superior tactics.

Five tense minutes pass, with the lascannons twitching as they sweep the corridor, the other soldiers saying nothing. Soon, however, a harsh, commanding voice, thick with a near-Valhallan accent rings out:

"Alright then, I am Colonel Valkyr Petrinov, and I'm in charge of these men. State your business, and keep your Xenos pet to the back, and I might see towards not treating you as my enemy"

DrK
2016-10-10, 11:35 PM
Akaros

The psyker glances at the others, "The Fists of Kzarov. A khorne warband and less beserking than most. A parlay will suit us well. If we can reach the barricade to talk you can kill them all then."

Peeking around the corner he shouts down to the khornate cultists when the Colonel appears. "Glory indeed to the Lord of War. We seek passage through your territory nothing more. As a game to amuse those outside we have been set a quest to reach the bridge. We have amongst us a talented medicae and mechanics, he could assist you in exchange for passage through this area. We do not seek to spill blood for the blood god this day. Safe around the corner he pauses go await the response wishing he was closer to mereky rip the answers from the so called Colonel's mind.

Emperor Ing
2016-10-10, 11:50 PM
Who is Zar-off, and why are his fists humans? Hiss interpets the name of the group perhaps too literally as he speaks quietly to the group. Master, may I correct Zar-off's mistake by collecting his skull once we reach the barricade? He finds Akaros' plan tactically sound, an alien eye making another glance at the lascannons. If a peaceful resolution is to be found, hiss' Master will need to ask the xenos to not attack.

Sinpoder707
2016-10-11, 08:23 AM
The former Raven Guard looked down the hall at this and he was surprised when they seemed to want to parlay with us, that is very odd for most chaos groups but hey. This entire place can surprise him as he said simply Got a question for you folks... I blew apart this thing at the end of a hall The Raven guard then described what he saw and he wondered if they might have known anything about this thing that he blew apart because the Raven guard didn't seem to remember what he had killed.

Col.Straken
2016-10-13, 05:35 AM
D'Oyly turns to the Xeno within their group, "It's Kzarov, not Zar-off. I think it is a Valhallan name, though I could be a few systems out there. It has been a while. And his fists are human the same way the Imperial Fists are Space Marines, it is just the name of their group. Like us, we would be the Fists of the Misfits. Now get to the back and keep low, have those axes ready though. Just keep them out of sight." Stowing his own weapons at his waist he stuck his arms out around the corner waiting to see if they got blasted off before sticking his head around next.

"Colonel, pleasure to meet you. Have you been stuck in here for long? Now I don't know how much you know about ships, but by the looks of those defences you have a good idea. I am a highly skilled pilot and have a great love of all things vehicular. We have ventured here to investigate the ship, learn about it's origins and how it came about to be stranded in such a horrific way."