PDA

View Full Version : Computer Any Sandbox featuring magic users?

Asmotherion
2016-09-13, 06:54 AM
I have been looking for a sandbox game (like minecraft/Arc V/ etc) that features a magic user option. Preferably (but not nececerily) in a medieval environment.

Unfortunately I have not found such a game yet, so I though to ask the community.

PS: the "magic user" can be substituted by telekinetics/psionics etc... practically anything that allows the player to do extraordinary things to the world's physics (telekinesis/create lighting bolts/throw fireballs/whatever) without using any form of machinery or technology.

Cikomyr
2016-09-13, 07:19 AM
Elder Scrolls is one of the most known fantasy Sandbox. There is a magic user option. And you can even download mods to extend that option

Asmotherion
2016-09-13, 07:33 AM
Elder Scrolls is one of the most known fantasy Sandbox. There is a magic user option. And you can even download mods to extend that option

Hmmm... perhaps I lacked a proper explaination... my bad.

I ofcource know (and am very fond of) elder scrolls, however I am searching for something with a more interactive environment... an environment were I could, let's say, create an actual mountain out of nothingness, or destroy a brige if I chose to. Also, I need it to be multy-player enabled. Thank you for your answear though.

Flickerdart
2016-09-13, 09:41 AM
Code Spells (https://codespells.org/) is exactly what you want. And I mean exactly - the sandbox extends to writing your own spells.

Asmotherion
2016-09-13, 10:06 AM
Code Spells (https://codespells.org/) is exactly what you want. And I mean exactly - the sandbox extends to writing your own spells.

thank you! Looks promissing... I'll check it out and send feedback!

JeminiZero
2016-09-14, 02:26 AM
The premise of Wurm online / Wurm Unlimited, sounds like it matches what you want, but I have never personally played it.

Wraith
2016-09-14, 03:29 PM
Modded Minecraft? Thaumcraft and Ares Magicka immediately jump to mind.

Knaight
2016-09-16, 12:25 AM
Terraria is exactly this.

Giggling Ghast
2016-09-16, 12:37 AM
I heard that Skyrim game was kinda popular.