PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder barbarian muticlass dip and raging

SirKibblesnbits
2016-09-13, 03:41 PM
OH DENIZENS OF THE PLAYGROUND HEAR MY QUESTION!!!
i was looking into multiclassing and saw that with the barbarian that it says that "Starting at 1st level, a barbarian can rage for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + her Constitution modifier. At each level after 1st, she can rage for 2 additional rounds." now it doesn't specify if its barbarian levels or character levels and i couldnt find anything to clarify the subject.
so if i where to take a 1 level dip into barbarian would the additional rounds of rage be tied to the character level or the barbarian level?

Psyren
2016-09-13, 04:16 PM
It's Barbarian level; the general rule is that scaling class features scale with class level unless specified otherwise. CRB:

"Note that there are a number of effects and prerequisites that rely on a character's level or Hit Dice. Such effects are always based on the total number of levels or Hit Dice a character possesses, not just those from one class. The exception to this is class abilities, most of which are based on the total number of class levels that a character possesses of that particular class."

Rage is an ability of the Barbarian class, so it falls under the bolded clause.

VMC Barbarian's rage will scale with your character level however and requires no dips (instead costing you 5 feats.)

SirKibblesnbits
2016-09-13, 04:26 PM
I see. thank you very much.