PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 occult slayer build help

YOLOSWAGHYPE
2016-09-13, 05:44 PM
So I'm planning out a character for my 3.5 campaign and the initial goal was get as much strength as possible, which I believe I did a decent job at. Now I'm trying to figure out the class levels.
What I have so far is:
goliath/half minotaur/half dragon (fang) +5 LA
which ends up with (32 point buy):
STR 42
DEX 10
CON 24
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 10
and a whole bunch of racial bonuses
I was planning on going something like 1 lion totem brb/4hex blade/5 occult slayer/10 something else here.
We're currently level 9
any advice on this build?
I'm thinking something along the lines of a pouncing natural attacker/anti mage thing
thanks

Eldariel
2016-09-13, 05:51 PM
One level of Ranger for Favored Enemy: Arcanist (option in Complete Mage) and then Nemesis [Book of Exalted Deeds] gives you a handy 60' radar that's really hard to fool. Some way to get more reach to threaten squares is nice if you have Mage Slayer anyways. This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?127732-3-X-Increasing-Size-Effective-Size-Unarmed-Damage-Reach&p=7081777#post7081777) includes some options.

Other than that, for options, nothing beats late entry into a martial adept class like Warblade, Swordsage or Crusader [Tome of Battle]. They just give you many more options than you'd normally have, up and including "charges" in any terrain, ability to shake off any effect with a duration and automaking your various saves. Also, since you're getting Hexblade for Charisma to saves, you might want to get an appropriate Paladin (whatever your alignment, use the Pally in that corner) to get Charisma to saves a second time, and invest a bit in Cha. Either that or try and derive everything off Con.

YOLOSWAGHYPE
2016-09-13, 06:00 PM
by complete mage do you mean complete arcane?

also I'm already large with the addition of powerful build and half minotaur giving a +1 size increase and the fang half dragon increases my bite and claw die by one size category

Cerefel
2016-09-13, 06:29 PM
by complete mage do you mean complete arcane?

Those are two separate books, and the Favored Enemy: Arcanist ACF is in CM

One Step Two
2016-09-13, 06:35 PM
There's also the Witch Slayer prestige class in Tome of Magic which helps you smite down on the magic user types.

Also, if you haven't taken them yet: the Mage slayer line of feats from Complete Arcane are a must.

Nostrodamus
2016-09-13, 07:16 PM
Check out the war hulk PRC from the miniatures handbook if you want to get stronger. It goes 10 levels, adds +2 str every level and its allows rock throwing and attacking multiple creatures with a single attack roll. Downsides are huge but i don't think that will you care, from your stat build.

YOLOSWAGHYPE
2016-09-13, 08:19 PM
thanks for the tips and stuff guys, does anyone know any other ways of increasing my size or increasing the dice on my natural attacks? because i already have the goliath + half-minotaur and the fang half dragon going, are there magic items or feats or something that would work along side those?

Vizzerdrix
2016-09-13, 08:33 PM
Hidden power-expansion is fun if you are already large. Also i remember a template that gives yet more str. Oba blessed or something like it. You also get extra arms from it.

Dont forget to pack wis, int, and cha poisons. Maybe in an alchemical tooth if you have a bite attack.

YOLOSWAGHYPE
2016-09-14, 01:54 AM
bump (if thats allowed (plz no smite if i can't))

Extra Anchovies
2016-09-14, 04:04 PM
Taking a level of Warblade at 9th lets you pick up Moment of Perfect Mind, Mind Over Body, and Action Before Thought, each of which lets you use a Concentration check in place of one type of saving throw (Will, Fortitude, Reflex, respectively) as an immediate action. Skills are easier to boost than saves, and don't auto-fail on natural 1s. Add another level of Warblade at 10th and you can also get White Raven Tactics, which is a swift action to take another turn. Extra Readied Maneuver would let you have all four of those available simultaneously, and together they are a huge boost in offensive and defensive power.