PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How good would this character be?

Iceheart2112
2016-09-13, 07:16 PM
I was putting this character together as a thought exercise to see if it was do-able. And now I come to the brilliant minds of the playground to see how it would play. The build comes fully online at level 11 but I think it's something that can go from level 1.

Human Summoner 11
Feats: (VMC Druid)
1: Skill Focus (Knowledge any)
1b: Resilient Eidolon (or anything, really. I just like this one)
3: VMC (Wild Empathy)
5: Eldritch Heritage (Arcane; Familiar Bond)
7: VMC (Animal Companion -4)
9: Improved Familiar (Imp, or another that can use wands.)
11: VMC (Full Animal Companion)

This gets you an eidolon, full animal companion at 11, and a familiar (the familiar will be 2 levels lower on the familiar ability table; if you want a full familiar take Boon Companion at lvl 13). It's a powerful class with some excellent backup. You could do a skill eidolon and combat animal companion or just two melee beatsticks. Basically I'm building a one-man party.

What do you guys think?

Azoth
2016-09-13, 07:22 PM
I am going to try and keep you on the same vein here. Variant multiclassing isn't necessary for this.

Human: Skill Focus (Know: any)
1st: Nature Soul
3rd: Eldritch Heritage Arcane
5th: Animal Ally
7th: Boon Companion
9th: Improved Familiar
11th: Summon Guardian Spirit

This gives you a full Eidolon, a full Animal Companion, a Familiar at ECL-2, and a somewhat customized unique summon. Fun trick, use your SM SLA to call the spirit guardian and then cast Summon Eidolon.

Iceheart2112
2016-09-13, 07:39 PM
I like that too, but doesn't it limit what animals you're allowed to take for your companion?

Azoth
2016-09-13, 07:46 PM
It does limit your list quite a bit, but a Wolf is still a serviceable Animal Companion as a meat shield. It isn't a pouncing big cat or a stun locking Anklosaurus, but can manage with buffing support.