PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Items that boost the save DC for Freezing the Life Blood and other feats

sage20500
2016-09-13, 09:33 PM
Ok, so I know that Ki Straps from the Magic Item compendium work on all the Stunning Fist feat variants, but what about other items like the set bonus for having 2 parts of Gharyn's Monastic Array, Sapphire Fist feat, or Falling Sun Attack feat? Do any of those items or feats increase the DC of things like Pharos Fist, Rattlesnake Strike, and Freezing the Lifeblood, or do they only increase the base save for Stunning Fist.

I currently working on a gestalt Monk/PsyWar//Setting Sun Swordmage, and I kind of like the idea of focusing on tripping and stunning fist to help out other people in the party, but I want to try and find out how those items work with the variant stunning fist feats before I try to put more effort into using stunning fist in my build.

sage20500
2016-09-14, 12:34 AM
Also does pain touch from complete warrior effect any of the feats from Sandstorm? Specifically Rattlesnake Strike or Pharo's Fist? Looking at some of the martial arts bonus feats and was trying to see if Black Panda Mastery 2 from Dragon 309 would work on those two abilities by virtue of Pain Touch.

Also in regards to Pain Touch, does that mean that if I Stunning Fist someone and they fail the save they make the save for Con damage at that moment from BP Mastery 2, and then a round later when Pain Touch Kicks in they make a second save against Con Damage from BP Mastery 2?

sage20500
2016-09-14, 08:15 PM
It seems like Meditation of War Mastery 1 might do it... would Freezing the Lifeblood, Pharos Fist, and Rattlesnake Strike count as "Other Pressure Point Attacks"?