PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Extraplanar Bodyguard

Middle Snu
2007-07-08, 08:57 PM
My 9th-level wizard just picked up the Lesser Planar Binding spell, and wants to summon up an outsider to act as a bodyguard for him (after some nasty grappling experiences.)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nifty outsider to use? Overtly evil is definitely a minus.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-08, 09:09 PM
Check your books for 6 HD outsiders.

Hound archons aren't bad, very nice DR, scent, a few other abilities. Bralani have a fly speed, Janni...

I like the hound archon. Not bad, a lot of defensive abilities.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-07-08, 10:01 PM
If your non origanol you can go for the big brute that sounds like" Du.. Grug felt human poke me.. Grug SMASH!" or as i would do is summon up a smart almost human looking outsider that can use his magical abiliaty, and his wit to out do any body chasing, attacking and/ or making eyes at your girlfriend.

You want some one you can leave behind and still expect to him to find you after he's finished off with the tag along.

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-09, 08:06 AM
My suggestion is Hound Archon. Intelligent enough to be bargained with, has some nice SLAs, and good ole scent.

Amiria
2007-07-09, 03:32 PM
The Hollyphant (BoED) is also very good. Its 3/day Trumpet (a stunning cone) is very good. It has also a chance to summon another Hollyphant or other good outsider 1/day.

In its small form with flight, invisibility and telepathy it is quite stealthy. In its large form it is a capable meleeist.

It has also Banishment, Flame Strike Heal, and Raise Dead as its most powerful spell-like abilities (all 1/day).