PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for some modules

Tamorlin
2016-09-14, 06:10 AM
Hey guys,

I'm planning my next campaign and I was looking forward to get some inspiration from commercial modules. Do you know any modules that deal with opening a permanent portal to the abbys/hell (or better yet, to a demiplane where a demon/devil lord is trapped), infernal invasions and all that fancy stuff?

I don't care if it is 3.0, 3.5 or Pathfinder, I'm here to steal ideas, scenes and NPCs.

Theobod
2016-09-14, 08:11 AM
Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics

My go to for cribbing ideas and plots. Mostly 3.0 but super easy to convert, there are several involving lower planes and demonic portals, hell even Idylls of the Rat King has an unexplained portal with a potential to lead into another module but given over to explicit DM fiat. And that one is just some Wererats and Goblins in an old silver mine.

Firest Kathon
2016-09-14, 08:11 AM
Pathfinder Society's Season 5 dealt mainly with the demonic invasions in Golarin's Worldwound, so you may get some inspiration from the scenarios of that season (http://paizo.com/pathfinder/pfsScenarios/season5).

ComaVision
2016-09-14, 02:12 PM
Red Hand of Doom has to do with opening a portal to Avernus (layer of hell).

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits has to do with the demon lords making a pact (which implies invasions across the multiverse because they're usually doing too much infighting).

Falcon X
2016-09-14, 02:35 PM
Vecna Lives/Die Vecna Die has Tovag Baragu, a place with portals inside portals inside portals. One could easily lead to the Abyss. It is best explained in the first chapter of Die Vecna Die.

DirePorkChop
2016-09-14, 03:07 PM
SHACKLED CITY!

Having played through this adventure path, let me just say that it was freakin awesome. Hands down one of the best campaigns of D&D I have ever played in the 16 years that I have been playing. I could not recommend a more fun campaign to a DM who is looking for something interesting.

Vampiric Bugbears! Demodands! Dark Stalkers! A FREAKIN GORISTRO DEMON! A pyroclastic dragon fight over a lake of lava!

The city of Cauldron is everything you would expect from a large city. The NPC's are brought to life with interesting and realistic personalities. There are realistic time lines for things such as "How long till the colossal red dragon completely destroys Cauldron? How much longer do we have until the Cagewrights complete the ritual to bind Carcerai to the PMP? Why does this Goristro demon keep trampling us to death? Simply golden.

Foiling an extremely wealthy and well connected organization while they attempt to drag parts and portions of Carcerai into the PMP, as well as an EPIC boss battle at the end of the campaign Adimarcus is ridiculous with some 1400 HP, free switching between angel and demon forms, and critting my sorc for some 164 points of damage. I died twice in that fight. What a wild ride.

Tamorlin
2016-09-17, 05:14 AM
Thank you guys.

Pugwampy
2016-09-17, 06:43 AM
Dead Mans Party is a spookhouse module that has a rift to negative energy plane .