View Full Version : The Unnamed Trailer

Ranis
2007-07-08, 11:06 PM
Anyone who has seen Transformers has probably seen this trailer-it begins as someone is taping a going-away party for his buddy/roommate. There is an earthquake and a large, almost scraping metal noise. All of the party-ers go to the rooftop, and witness a large explosion happening somewhere that I think is downtown New York. There is another explosion as the party-ers take cover from large fireballs coming off of the huge explosion.

The camera cuts to the holder running out of the building and there is general widespread panic as a piece of debris hits the ground, rolling over to reveal that it is the Statue of Liberty's head. We hear the large, high-pitched squealing noise once again.

We are then hit with a blackout and a movie release date, sometime in December, either this year or next year.

What do you guys think it is? Personally, I think that it could definitely be a Godzilla movie.

The more speculative side? Do not read without watching Transformers first.
It's a trailer for the second Transformers movie before you see the first one, to throw you off and keep you from guessing. The large explosion could very well be Unicron attacking the Earth.

Gaelbert
2007-07-08, 11:36 PM
My first thought was that it was Godzilla, but thinking back, it would be awesome for it to be the second movie.

Setra
2007-07-08, 11:53 PM
The name going around the net for it is "Cloverfield", and I was about to make a thread on it.

Anyways, I'm not speculating much, just hoping it involves dragons.

Edit: The main speculation I've come across is Voltron, Cthulu, and Godzilla.

Siric
2007-07-09, 12:23 AM
My first thought was Godzilla or some other large monster as well. But what, with the people making keeping it all hidden, and labeling it as a "secret" project, I'm hoping that'll be a little more original.

Also, random fact, the whole movie is like the trailer. That is, it's recorded like an "amateur" film, like the Blair Witch Project.

Rob Knotts
2007-07-09, 01:30 AM
Nothing much to say, but CHUD (http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=10956) is reporting this as the "official" website for the movie: http://www.1-18-08.com/

Hushdawg
2007-07-09, 08:22 AM
I had read several months ago that JJ Abrams was supposed to be working on a Cthulu movie that was being masqueraded as "The Blair Witch Monster Project."

I stumbled on that looking up more info on him after reading that he was working on the next Star Trek movie.

Leto
2007-07-09, 10:04 AM
The film is called Parasite and has nothing to do with Cthulu, Voltron, or Godzilla other than being about a giant monster.

parasitemovie.com

Ranis
2007-07-09, 10:29 AM
Well that's....umm...interesting, to say the least.

prongs43
2007-07-09, 10:38 AM
The film is called Parasite and has nothing to do with Cthulu, Voltron, or Godzilla other than being about a giant monster.

parasitemovie.com

That site's fake. Someone just created it to advertise for some forum. The forum's link is on the bottom of the fake site.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=im7wWMVzIyg&watch_response

Leto
2007-07-09, 05:19 PM
That site's fake. Someone just created it to advertise for some forum. The forum's link is on the bottom of the fake site.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=im7wWMVzIyg&watch_response

Either way it links to two very real sites for the movie.

Ranis
2007-07-09, 05:40 PM
Very interesting, prongs43. If it is a Cthulu movie, I forsee hundreds of thousands of headaches.

2007-07-09, 05:40 PM
Either way it links to two very real sites for the movie.

Neither one of those 'real' sites seem to have anything to do with...er... anything.

Jerthanis
2007-07-09, 06:46 PM
Here's the thing... I liked the trailer, it made me really interested to see what movie it was actually going to represent. I thought the shaky hand-cam made it really intriguing for a trailer... however... I don't know if I want to see two hours and fifteen minutes of shaky hand-cams and foggy closeups. At best I'd get a headache, at worst I'd have to leave the theatre. Also, not telling the title so that people will make threads all over every forum all over the internet is a really cheap way to buy instant publicity. We're all talking about it now despite the fact that we have no idea what it's about, and no title to mention.

The speculation is amazingly fun though... I've heard everything from Cthulu the movie to a remake of another silly J-horror, to a Blob movie. The guy sitting next to me at Transformers even said, "It's a videogame movie, I guarantee it... most likely Resistance or Halo" (which is impossible, as Resistance is a WW2 era shooter, and they wouldn't have hand-cameras, and Halo is far-flung future which also doesn't match, and Halo wouldn't ever avoid dropping its name.)

Leto
2007-07-09, 08:05 PM
Neither one of those 'real' sites seem to have anything to do with...er... anything.

Both are in fact alternate reality games for the movie.:smallsmile: