PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Half Dragon Vampires

flappeercraft
2016-09-14, 04:35 PM
So right now Im preparing an adventure that is different to the usual, instead of having the DM control things it will be more of a player vs player thing with a DM to handle things and keep it all in the rules. It will be 8 veteran players (no extreme optimization only mid optimization) against me and I will be the BBEG which I will prepare the whole thing for. As guards Im thinking of having 3 Half Dragon Vampire Half orcs (possible due to the Human heritage feat making them a humanoid instead of dragons) with 10-15 levels. The 8 players are all 20-24 level and these guards are NOT supposed to kill them all only to weaken them maybe kill 1 or 2 of them. It is Elite array and I want them to be Martial characters, any suggestions? Also Tome of Battle is unfortunately banned so no Warblades. Any suggestions on what should I do with them?

Thurbane
2016-09-14, 11:08 PM
I'm not great with high level builds (our games rarely go past about 10th or 11th), but if no ToB is in play, I'd suggest Lion Totem Barbarian, or a Paladin of X ubercharger build.

How "martial" is martial? If Dusbklade is acceptable, may a Duskblade/Ur-Priest build channeling nasty spells at the PCs?