PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Shroud 3.5 Help

ArtikSnow
2016-09-15, 04:44 AM
Hello all I have a simple question for you all. I have been trying to find a way where I can wear a ghost shroud over my exoskeleton but according to the ghost shroud it preludes wearing of any other armor. Does anyone know a feat that can bypass this or a magic item?

IcarusWulfe
2016-09-15, 07:33 AM
If you have access to magic that grants an armor bonus to AC you should be fine.

Inevitability
2016-09-15, 07:56 AM
Fairly sure exoskeletons aren't armor but natural armor. Not to mention that you're not 'wearing' one in the conventional sense.

Necroticplague
2016-09-15, 09:04 AM
Hello all I have a simple question for you all. I have been trying to find a way where I can wear a ghost shroud over my exoskeleton but according to the ghost shroud it preludes wearing of any other armor. Does anyone know a feat that can bypass this or a magic item?

What do you mean 'exoskeleton'? Typically, that would be Natural Armor, not actual Armor. I see no reason Ghost Shroud can't be worn by an exoskeletoned race. I mean, even if an exoskeleon was Armor, you're not really wearing it, as much as you have it. You aren't wearing your own skin, are you?

ComaVision
2016-09-15, 11:54 AM
You aren't wearing your own skin, are you?

What if I own the skin and I'm wearing it?

ArtikSnow
2016-09-16, 09:20 PM
Exoskeleton is an armor you can make or buy however it counts as a breastplate plus some bonuses. It's from lebris mortis.

Zaydos
2016-09-16, 09:54 PM
They're two items and the same slot. There's an epic feat to get around that, but it's an epic feat (and off the top of my head I can't remember if it lets you wear a body slot item and armor at the same time). The simple way is to ask your DM if you can get a custom item that does both but that would cost 102,000 GP which is kind of yikes. Next idea that comes to me is just to buy a least truedeath crystal (attacks with the weapon its attached to are ghost strike) and a ring of protection +4.

Necroticplague
2016-09-17, 12:38 AM
Exoskeleton is an armor you can make or buy however it counts as a breastplate plus some bonuses. It's from lebris mortis.

Ah, that makes a world of difference, I assumed the 'exoskeleton' was racial natural armor. Yeah, those two don't work together, they take up the same body slot.

Inevitability
2016-09-17, 02:52 AM
Ah, that makes a world of difference, I assumed the 'exoskeleton' was racial natural armor. Yeah, those two don't work together, they take up the same body slot.

This is correct.

However, there is an oft-forgotten rule for combining multiple magic items together (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm). You multiple the price of the cheapest item by 1.5, then add it to the main item's price. In the case of an exoskeleton and ghost shroud, you can buy a combined item for 102000 GP.