PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Delayed returning bolas?

TheFurith
2016-09-15, 11:05 AM
I need a way to get a bolas to be returning, but only when I want it back, not just right away as the returning enchantment does. Like a command word or something.

A feat or a weapon ability preferably. Source doesn't really matter.

Ecliptic
2016-09-15, 11:07 AM
Called weapon enchant?

Basically a swift action that does not provoke AoO's... can even do it if the bolas were held by another creature. It's a +1 enchant (so the bolas would need to be magical).

TheFurith
2016-09-16, 03:54 PM
Called weapon enchant?

Basically a swift action that does not provoke AoO's... can even do it if the bolas were held by another creature. It's a +1 enchant (so the bolas would need to be magical).

I haven't seen that for weapons before. What book is it from?

erok0809
2016-09-16, 04:00 PM
A quick google says it's from Pathfinder; the Magic Item Compendium for 3.5 only has that enchantment for armor or shields.

Zanos
2016-09-16, 04:48 PM
There are weapon crystals in the Magic Item Compendium. The lesser crystal of return on page 65 allows you to recall an unattended weapon within 30ft as a move action. 1000gp.

Your weapon will need to be at least +1 to install a lesser crystal.

ben-zayb
2016-09-16, 05:02 PM
Am I the only who was disappointed thinking this was about an M:tG-inspired campaign, likely set on the recent Kaladesh set, about a returning Nicol Bolas?

TheFurith
2016-09-16, 06:43 PM
There are weapon crystals in the Magic Item Compendium. The lesser crystal of return on page 65 allows you to recall an unattended weapon within 30ft as a move action. 1000gp.

Your weapon will need to be at least +1 to install a lesser crystal.

I'd probably have trouble making the case that an item wrapped around somebody was unattended. But at least I could get it back if I missed.

A quick google says it's from Pathfinder; the Magic Item Compendium for 3.5 only has that enchantment for armor or shields.

Perfect. Thanks.