PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Outlaw feats

Lye
2016-09-16, 10:17 AM
Everybody knows daring outlaw, but there's another feat in dragon called sacred outlaw which does the same thing, but with cleric/rogue.

So I have two questions about these feats:

First, how much sneak attack from levels does a rogue10/swashbuckler5/cleric5 have with both daring outlaw and sacred outlaw?

And Second, qualifying for these two feats requires sneak attack 2d6, turn undead, and grace +1. Out of that list grace +1 is the only ability that is exclusive to a class.

So, How much sneak attack would a (marital rogue 14/holy monk1/swashbuckler 3/sneak attack fighter 1/assassin 1) have if he took both feats?

remetagross
2016-09-16, 10:55 AM
a marital rogue 14

Interesting variant base class, from the Book of Exalted Deeds I guess...
I assume you meant Martial rogue ? :p

As to the answer, well it is a bit murky by RAW, because the feat states that
"Your rogue and swashbuckler levels also stack for the purpose of determining your sneak attack bonus damage", so the feat is making the assumption that your Sneak Attack class features comes from your levels in rogue. I guess by strict RAW that means that you regain all of your traded away sneak attacks, but no DM would allow that. A lenient DM might let you count your swashbuckler levels as martial rogue levels to determine the bonus fighter feats you're enticed to.
However, the Sacred Outlaw feat states that "you add your cleric levels", and since you actually don't have any, this feat has no effect on your SA progression.
So I suppose that by strict RAW you get 1d6 from SA fighter, 1d6 from assassin, and then 9d6 from 17th effective levels of rogue, which amount to 11d6. By RAI, you'd get only 9d6. I think.

Zaydos
2016-09-16, 01:20 PM
I'd argue that RAW as your Rogue class doesn't offer sneak attack stacking it and Swashbuckler for the purposes of Sneak Attack would result in 0d6 Sneak Attack. That said I'd give the Martial Rogue example 4d6 sneak attack by adding Sneak Attack to Swashbuckler, but as written you'd get just the 2d6 from SA Fighter + Assassin.