PDA

View Full Version : Is a toothy half-orc PFS legal?

Zhentarim
2016-09-17, 01:38 PM
Can I play a half-orc with the toothy alternate racial trait?

TheCrowing1432
2016-09-17, 02:09 PM
What IS the toothy alternative race trait?

Inevitability
2016-09-17, 02:30 PM
What IS the toothy alternative race trait?

PFSRD to the rescue!

Toothy: Some half-orcs' tusks are large and sharp, granting a bite attack. This is a primary natural attack that deals 1d4 points of piercing damage. This racial trait replaces orc ferocity.

Kurald Galain
2016-09-17, 03:55 PM
This overly verbose document (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/additionalResources) shows what's legal in PFS. "Half-Orcs: all alternate racial traits ... are legal for play", which includes this one.

Psyren
2016-09-17, 04:01 PM
This overly verbose document (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/additionalResources) shows what's legal in PFS. "Half-Orcs: all alternate racial traits ... are legal for play", which includes this one.

To add to this - the way you parse PFS legality is by book. "Toothy" comes from the Advanced Race Guide, so you would scroll down the linked page to "Advanced Race Guide" and then to "Half-Orcs," whereupon you'll find the phrase that Kurald linked to that gives you permission.

Note however that you will actually need to have purchased a copy of the Advanced Race Guide (either the physical book or an official watermarked PDF from the Paizo store) to be able to use this ability. Simply linking to it on the PFSRD/PRD or printing it out and bringing it with you is not sufficient.

Zhentarim
2016-09-17, 04:40 PM
Can you be an abyssal bloodrager in PFS?

If so, that is three attacks at level 1...plus I like the "struggles against inner beast" motiff.

Psyren
2016-09-17, 04:55 PM
"Advanced Class Guide: All ten base classes are legal for play."

Pugwampy
2016-09-17, 07:01 PM
Can I play a half-orc with the toothy alternate racial trait?

Thats between you and your DM . If he for some reason does have a problem with that , remind him of animal fury in core rule book . Any barbarian can bite .

I believe Razor tusk feat is a better choice . Giving up Orc ferocity for a toothy bite attack kinda sucks . < Razor Tusk sounds cooler too >
Of course if you dont want to burn a feat , take animal fury rage power .

I always found intimidate useless , swop that out for something nicer .

Zhentarim
2016-09-17, 08:20 PM
Thats between you and your DM . If he for some reason does have a problem with that , remind him of animal fury in core rule book . Any barbarian can bite .

I believe Razor tusk feat is a better choice . Giving up Orc ferocity for a toothy bite attack kinda sucks . < Razor Tusk sounds cooler too >
Of course if you dont want to burn a feat , take animal fury rage power .

I always found intimidate useless , swop that out for something nicer .

Thanks for the tip! I almost always use Diplomacy when talking to people. Bluff and Intimidate very rarely come up.

CasualViking
2016-09-18, 01:38 AM
I think Toothy is also in the APG. d20pfsrd goes by latest source only. Toothy has weird wording, but I've always assumed that it's a clumsy attempt to remind the reader of the rules for using natural attacks with armed attacks, not actually different rules.