PDA

View Full Version : Turning Arrows?

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-09-17, 06:20 PM
Okay, so, I have a bow with the exit wounds property (from CW, which allows you to fire through enemies until you miss one), seeking (from the DMG, which negates concealment miss chances), blood seeking (from CW, which flies around obstacles to hit your targets and negates cover penalties, so long as they're alive and have anything that could be considered blood), and I have arrows with brilliant energy on them (from the DMG, which allows arrows to go through nonliving matter as though it's not there).

Is there anything else out there that would allow me to hit all the enemies within range with a single arrow, twisting and turning it to hit them all? I think blood seeking might allow me to do so, because it's never stated just how far out of its way the arrow can travel to hit its target. I basically want to use Widened, Burrowing touchsight to scope out the insides of structures, pinpoint all the living creatures therein, and fire one arrow to paralyze/stun them all (via radiant holding, paralyzing, pleasurable, etc.). Then I can go in and take them all prisoner or slaughter them all, depending on the situation.

Extra Anchovies
2016-09-17, 07:21 PM
I think blood seeking might allow me to do so, because it's never stated just how far out of its way the arrow can travel to hit its target.

It doesn't. Exit Wound explicitly sets the arrow on a straight course, and Blood Seeking only allows the attack to ignore cover; Exit Wound doesn't allow attacks against targets not on the straight path set by your and your initial targets' locations, and Blood Seeking doesn't let you choose a non-linear path for the arrow to take.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-09-17, 07:32 PM
It doesn't. Exit Wound explicitly sets the arrow on a straight course, and Blood Seeking only allows the attack to ignore cover; Exit Wound doesn't allow attacks against targets not on the straight path set by your and your initial targets' locations, and Blood Seeking doesn't let you choose a non-linear path for the arrow to take.Fair enough, though my question still stands as to whether there's an option to make it that way.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-09-19, 09:29 PM
Question: How does exit wounds stack with rebounding (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/psionic-weapons#TOC-Rebounding)? You would have to add the throwing ability to your arrows to make it work, of course, and since arrows can explicitly be utilized as melee weapons, this should work (though perhaps only on a technicality). You get an unlimited number of exit wounds attacks, so long as you continue hitting all the targets along the arrow's route, or until the end of the arrow's range. Rebounding allows you to bounce between targets, with each rebound counting as a new attack. Do you just fire an arrow, choose which enemy it rebounds off of after you fire through a bunch of enemies in a line, choose which way it goes, and continue firing through enemies until you hit the next enemy you want to rebound off of, until you run out of range?

[edit] I do have Really Throw Anything, so that actually does work to ensure that they are throwing weapons, and potential access to the soulbow's abilities (which include Throwing, so some finagling could be done there).