PDA

View Full Version : Hero Forge Anew Help

lguic
2016-09-17, 09:32 PM
Hey, guys and girls (hopefully).
I am completely new in here, but have been playing D&D for 15 years now. I rally used to like creating character sheets even more than the role-playing, but time got short and I needed an alternative, so I ran into Hero Forge and Hero Forge Anew.
The whole thing seems amazing except for one little thing: I have no idea about how do I use it! Where am I supposed to fill stuff in? I'm clueless!
A little (huge) help would be very appreciated.
Not sure if I posted it on the right place, so I'm sorry if I didn't.

torrasque666
2016-09-17, 09:57 PM
my advice? ask this over on their github. we can help you there. not so much here.

The basic way of filling out your character sheet is through drop downs and check boxes. You'll need an excel version capable of running VBA macros as well. Each tab is pretty self explanatory for what it does. The multiple "character sheet" tabs are automatically filled out for you. As a general rule, Green boxes are for user input, grey boxes you should ignore. Checkboxes are "true/false" triggers (has this feat/flaw/skill trick/etc. or not).

lguic
2016-09-17, 10:27 PM
my advice? ask this over on their github. we can help you there. not so much here.

The basic way of filling out your character sheet is through drop downs and check boxes. You'll need an excel version capable of running VBA macros as well. Each tab is pretty self explanatory for what it does. The multiple "character sheet" tabs are automatically filled out for you. As a general rule, Green boxes are for user input, grey boxes you should ignore. Checkboxes are "true/false" triggers (has this feat/flaw/skill trick/etc. or not).

Thanks, man!