PDA

View Full Version : Two Poweful Demons: need help homebrewing

j_spencer93
2016-09-18, 01:09 AM
So (huge fan of anime btw) I want to make two villians based off of Kurama and Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho, HOWEVER I do not want to actually try to make them. I am not that good at homebrewing, but basically I want decently powerful demons with their "fluff".

Kurama- I want to create a demon that manipulates plants, uses roses mainly. I have absolutely no clue how to make this one. Smart, agile, and calculating. Manipulates the field before finishing the battle.

Hiei- controls black flames worse then normal fire. That part is easy, his fire attacks ignore resistance and immunities. Fast, agile, and ruthless. Has a hypnotic eye and can create a dragon of black fire.

Prob around CR 12 or 14.

Calibus
2016-09-18, 04:38 AM
You could just run them as Character villains at levels 13, 14 for the CR.

It's the easiest way I can imagine if you feel you're not up to homebrew.

Kurama: This one you can pimp out with an overpowered whip. Maybe 2d4+dex/str mod +2d10 poison damage for a little kick. Whips have reach so if a target is in 5ft of the villain why not add a chance to grapple. for minions, I can't help you there, lots of the plant creatures are kind of meh, but they are options. Make sure if this character becomes dead, the whip becomes an ordinary whip as it was infused prior by the demons essence.

Heie: Use the Elemental Adept Feat for the ignore resistances. Run him as a Wizard/rogue. pretty standard. being the fact their villains I can assume it would be fine to make the HP unusually high as I would assume a group of adventurers beating on this guy might be a tad overwhelming. Have him summon Fire elementals (In the form of dragons of course for the fluff. Black in color. MM125)

Gastronomie
2016-09-18, 06:49 AM
Character level and CR do not match. Try taking a look at the CR 12~14 monsters to get a hang of how powerful they are.

Since I'm a fan of Togashi's works as well, I will try to create this. It may take some time.

j_spencer93
2016-09-18, 09:35 PM
Thank you for the ideas. Will pitch a few of my own atop of yours.

Kurama- improved whip (improved damage, grapple chance, poison), summon plant creatures as an at will, can communicate to plants???

Hiei- will have to look into the ideas given. Never actually looked at that feat. Wizard/Rogue actually does fit. Summoning elementals could be the way to do it. Might work actually. However i was wondering if Warlock/Rogue wouldnt have been better. Could use pact of the fiend and take the Blade boon to replicate some of his powers well enough.