PDA

View Full Version : Descent into the depths of the earth - what's actually happening?

Dormammu
2016-09-18, 10:10 AM
Okay so I'm running Queen of the Demonweb pits. The old original module. I'm at Descent Into the Depths of the Earth. And there's all this treasure with drow inscriptions. "A small brass wand with ALEVAL written on it." Things like that. But it never explains what the heck these are! I'm assuming it's Drow political houses? Also the red contact lenses don't really seem to have a payoff.

Tiktakkat
2016-09-18, 04:45 PM
Okay so I'm running Queen of the Demonweb pits. The old original module. I'm at Descent Into the Depths of the Earth. And there's all this treasure with drow inscriptions. "A small brass wand with ALEVAL written on it." Things like that. But it never explains what the heck these are! I'm assuming it's Drow political houses? Also the red contact lenses don't really seem to have a payoff.

Both items will feature prominently in the Vault of the Drow.

The "brass wand with ALEVAL" and similar items are Drow noble houses of the Vault.
The red contact lenses, aka "cinnabar cusps", allow a form of infravision within the "strange radiations" of the vault, enhancing vision.