PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the vital strike feat chain

avakeiya
2016-09-18, 12:01 PM
I'm playing a bloodrager in the Pathfinder Wrath of the Riotous adventure path. Originally I was planing on taking the Vital Strike feat chain, but after looking at the Mythic champion abilities I'm wondering if i should.

I believe the whole point of the Vital Strike chain is to compact a full attack into a single attack as a standard action, which allows for more mobility and makes the mythic vital strike feat sound even more attractive. But the Champion ability Fleet Warrior makes it so you can move and full attack anyway.

Is there something I'm missing or does that make the Vital Strike chain obsolete?

If so, any suggestions on what to spend the extra feat choices on?

OldTrees1
2016-09-18, 02:42 PM
I believe you are correct.

The Vital Stike feat chain merely adds weapon dice to your attack action. It is the Mythic Vital Strike that compresses a full attack into one action (although it only retains the damage, any qualitative effects are reduced to 1 proc).

The Fleet Warrior ability lets you move before xor after your attacks (unfortunately it is the exclusive or so you can't do both). However it does not reduce the qualitative effects and thus is almost strictly superior to the entire Mythic Vital Strike + Vital Strike feat chain.

stack
2016-09-18, 06:37 PM
Amazing initiative lets you burn MP for an extra standard. Vital strike is a standard. Max size increases for fun.

Zanos
2016-09-18, 07:19 PM
Mythic vital strike actually lets you add flat modifiers more than you would for a full attack with certain weapons, because it's poorly worded and references the number of additional dice the feat grants you rather than the number of times the dice are multiplied.

Greater Vital Strike + Mythic Vital Strike + Greatsword + Str 30 would give you 8d6+15*8.

avakeiya
2016-09-19, 09:17 AM
Amazing initiative lets you burn MP for an extra standard. Vital strike is a standard. Max size increases for fun.

I never considered that:smallconfused:

So....Mythic Power Attack+Full Attack+Mythic Greater Vital Strike+Mythic Enlarge Person+str>30+Impact Greatsword+miscellaneous party and equipment buffs=

Instant god killer for like 5MP and 1 or 2 spell.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_crvGziPn3g

:smallamused: