PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Minor Artifact Construction Help (Pathfinder)

Kaiju Claws
2016-09-18, 01:25 PM
Hello all. I'm back again with a bit of construction that I would like help with in my kaiju themed Pathfinder game. One of my players is a dual wielder and I've been cooking up a kaiju themed pair of blades for a few months now. He's just about ready to get them and I'm wanting to fine tune the blades before he does.

Destruction and lore information are already taken care of, I just want to get the mechanics in line (I've not made an artifact weapon yet). For anyone curious, the blades are themed to match Kamacuras, which has determined their powers/abilities. Let me know what you guys think!

The Chittering Pair

“Ripper” (+5 large menacing, cruel Sawtoothed sabre, 2d6 slashing, 19-20x2 critical)
“Gouger” (+4 wounding heartseaking Sawtoothed sabre, 1d8 piercing/slashing,19-20x2 critical)

Ongoing Effects:

Blades convey empathetic feelings of Kaiju donor (hunger, frustration, etc.). Item is not intelligent.
Kumonga silk wrap gives +5 CMD vs Disarm attacks.
Blades cannot be sundered. Ignores hardness below 20.
Weapons must be used as a pair. They will have no access to their higher level powers if used alone.

Powers (Caster Level 20, +22 concentration)

3/day –Fear (Ripper), Fly, Invisibility (Gouger)

Note
Medium creatures will take a -2 penalty to wield Ripper (the large sized blade). The offhand sabre still functions as a “light weapon” when wielded with it's mate, bringing the cumulative dual wielding penalty to -4, -2 total when wielded by a dual wielding fighter with exotic weapon proficiency (Sawtoothed Sabres).