PDA

View Full Version : help with epic mounted dragoon build gestalt

Dysjong
2016-09-18, 02:37 PM
To the awesome playground that is giant!

Recently, a gm who i have played with for a while, has tasked me and two others to kill off one of his NPC and he has recommended that we use every trick to do that. One of the players will be a caster, so i wanna stay to my strengths and go with a melee build. One of the players did try to kill this NPC once before with two others, which resulted in one apprentice died, while one player got killed.

We are starting at lvl 30 gestalt, evil aligned group.

From what have gathered, the NPC does have a extreme AC, 71+ and strong overall saves. She is lawful good.

So...i wanna teach both the gm and some of the other players, the power of a hood build, even better if it can be done with a mount.

Based upon the red hood book, he suggest either a raptoran or a dragonborn but these are out of my reach, raptorians doesnt exsist and dragonborn can't be evil.

DarkSoul
2016-09-18, 03:11 PM
What books are available, and what's the NPC you're trying to kill (caster, martial, divine, arcane, other)?

Dysjong
2016-09-18, 03:18 PM
All books and almost all dragon mags are allowed.

From what i have gathered, this NPC is a favor soul, with vow of poverty, which i know the GM has progress to epic lvl, tons of exalted feats and even caring around a two-hand sword (i know, VoP shouldnt allow it but whatever, i wanna end her even more!)

I dont know what else of classes she has.

We even allow 3rd party books, aslong as i present it to the GM and he vouch for it. One of them, has this 4 chain feat list, that incresse your BASE ac by your char lvl, aslong as you are not using armor, so some monk lvls might be a natural thing for this NPC.

DarkSoul
2016-09-18, 03:32 PM
Do you want to focus on the mount, like a supermount build? Do you want to be a mounted combatant and just use the mount as a way to get around? If you just want mounted combat, why do you want to be melee?

Dysjong
2016-09-18, 03:38 PM
Actually, if it possible, then i wanna make a dragoon as in "little red raiding hood" and using a mount, in order to make full use of a lance. The mount needs to handle a beating and perhaps assist me.

If there is a alternative way to make full use of a lance, then i am open..or i can drop the lance altogether and focus on the dragoon build.