View Full Version : Undead Spellstitching Him/Herself Possible? Any rules that support this?

Incarnate
2016-09-18, 04:08 PM
Hey people..

As the subject reads: Undead Spellstitching Him/Herself Possible? Any rules that support this? Please do reference it.

An additional question, as far as I understand spellstitching is a one-time event, where you can't keep spellstitching on the same undead to "upgrade" it as you got better at your craft, getting more spells, ect. - Would this be correctly understood? Or is it indeed possible to keep on spellstitching the same undead. If so I'm going to need a reference.

Thanks..

/Inc.

OldTrees1
2016-09-18, 05:20 PM
1) The template does not say you can stitch yourself nor does it say you cannot. As your DM.

2) Templates can only be applied once unless they say otherwise. So no double stitching.

Incarnate
2016-09-18, 05:43 PM
1) The template does not say you can stitch yourself nor does it say you cannot. As your DM.

2) Templates can only be applied once unless they say otherwise. So no double stitching.

I found the reference myself.

"Undead with arcane spellcasting abilities can spellstitch themselves." Pg. 161 Complete Arcane. So I would say that it says they can. So clearly the rules state they can under that exception.

As for the double stitching I would agree, because that was my preliminary assessment. However I would also say that it could be possible because as the exception of undead with arcane spellcasting ability is able to spellstitch themselves, why shouldn't they be able to do it again? The only thing they wouldn't be able to do would be changing/replacing existing spellstitching but adding on is a different matter, IMO.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-09-18, 06:03 PM
I would allow the upgrade, but only because it's almost like crafting a magic item (that just happens to be your undead skin). By RAW, you can't.

Incarnate
2016-09-18, 06:24 PM
I would allow the upgrade, but only because it's almost like crafting a magic item (that just happens to be your undead skin). By RAW, you can't.

I would agree with this too.