PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Deal IC 8: Illusory Conscience

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Hazuki
2016-09-19, 08:21 AM
Deets watches the fidgeting Fey with a thoroughly blank expression. "If you did not ask, you can not know whether they would mind or not."

"And there's a wall." Eirin points out. "You can't see through wall."

Archmage1
2016-09-19, 08:26 AM
Tulip shakes her head fiercely, clearly disagreeing with Deets.
"Silly! They're nice, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind! It would be silly!"
As Eirin chimes in, Tulip smiles down at her.
"That's the trick! But there are lots of tricks that can do that!"

Hazuki
2016-09-19, 08:30 AM
"It remains their choice to permit it or not." Deets calmly points out. "You cannot make the choice for them, regardless of how justified you feel the action is."

Archmage1
2016-09-19, 08:35 AM
Tulip, having a thought, smiles at Deets.
"But they wouldn't mind! We could have gone too, and since they would have been fine with that, they're ok with us listening!"

Hazuki
2016-09-19, 08:40 AM
Deets pauses for a moment, then nods. "There is logic in what you say."

Archmage1
2016-09-19, 08:41 AM
Tulip smiles merrily.
"Yaay!"
After a moment or two, she asks in a less excited tone.
"So you don't mind?"

Hazuki
2016-09-19, 08:43 AM
"I do not mind." Deets confirms, as Eirin taps one foot on the ground.

Archmage1
2016-09-19, 08:46 AM
Smiling merrily, Tulip promptly pulls out a tiny horn, before she looks sad again.
"Aw... but I don't know where they are..."
Her voice trails off in sadness.

PersonMan
2016-09-19, 02:45 PM
"Lying will just make this take longer," Dilaa says, raising an eyebrow.

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 08:02 AM
"My sympathies." Deets says to Tulip, as she continues her "patrol".

~

"Have you got somewhere to be?" Mughal asks, as he folds the fan up. "Don't let me keep you."

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 08:03 AM
The poor petal looks very sad.

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 08:08 AM
"Why do you hug everyone's face?" Eirin asks, after a few moments of watching the sad Petal.

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 08:27 AM
Distracted from her sadness, Tulip looks down at Eirin, with a smile.
"Because it's fun, and a hug, and people like hugs, and hugs help people feel better, and it's a nice way of thanking someone!"
Her words flow out quite quickly, in a fast, excited flow.

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 08:52 AM
"But you're rubbing your crotch on their faces." Eisley points out, brow furrowing a bit. "And I know that's against the rules."

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 09:04 AM
Tulip looks quite baffled by Eirin's comment, clearly not even sure how to respond. After a few moments, she tries.
"I'm hugging people? I don't think hugging is against the rules?"

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 09:53 AM
Eirin stares back at Tulip. "Why don't you hug necks?"

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 10:16 AM
Tulip smiles.
"Some people have hair there, and I don't want them to feel lonely!"

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 10:19 AM
"Why not let people pet you?" Eirin suggests, after a few moments of thought. "Like a cat."

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 10:32 AM
Tulip looks at Eirin very strangely.
"Um... I'm not a cat? I'm me!"

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 10:35 AM
Eirin considers the Petal's words, not breaking her gaze. "Can I pet you?"

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 10:39 AM
Tulip continues to look at her strangely.
"Um... I'd really rather you didn't? You're not a bee!"

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 10:54 AM
"I won't hurt you. I'm a tiny little woman!" Eirin replies, putting a hand on her hip.

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 11:01 AM
Tulip shakes her head firmly.
"It's not that, it's that it feels really funny!"

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 11:03 AM
"Haven't you ever had your hair brushed?" Eirin asks, raising an eyebrow at the Petal. "Or make-up done, or a massage, or anything?"

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 11:08 AM
Tulip continues to look at Eirin, with that strange look, like someone wondering if the other person is going crazy.
"Um... I don't have hair, I have my petals. And brushing them would be silly! People sometimes stroke my back, which is fine? But what is make up, or a massage? Maybe they're fun?"

PersonMan
2016-09-20, 11:10 AM
"No, but I thought you wanted us gone, didn't you?" Dilaa asks, raising an eyebrow. "The best way for you to get out of this is to tell us the truth."

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 11:16 AM
"Make-up is...it's paint and powder you use to make yourself look better. Massages are touching that relieves stress, makes you healthier." Eirin explains, in a not-at-all crazy manner. "Mostly shoulders, head, hands and feet."

~

"Telling the truth is the exact opposite of getting out of something." Mughal replies, pointing the fan at Dilaa like an instructing device.

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 11:22 AM
Tulip frowns at Eirin.
"Wouldn't paints and powder all over be really uncomfortable? And, well... why? It seems really silly? Why not just wear pretty clothing? Isn't that lots easier?"
(Says the adorable petal with a CHA score of 30)
However, she continues, with hardly a break at all.
"Isn't stress what happens when something is getting bent? Do giants get bent sometimes, so they need to get bent back?"

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 11:26 AM
"That's why people do both." Eirin nods. "Although if you know your herbs, you can get make-up more easily than fancy clothes. And, yes, giants do get bent sometimes. Especially necks." She rolls hers. "There was this half-elf called Pangol who sometimes came into town with a caravan, and she could make you feel as spry as a spriggan."

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 11:33 AM
Tulip seems somewhat confused by Eirin once more.
"But if you're painting yourself, why would you want to put clothing on over it? Wouldn't that mess up the paint?"
However, as Eirin finishes rolling her neck, Tulip looks comfortingly at her.
"Aw... I'm sorry! It must be terrible, getting bent! I can't imagine that it would be comfortable at all!"

Hazuki
2016-09-20, 11:38 AM
"It's mostly your face that gets painted." Eirin points out. "Probably because it's the only bit that doesn't get covered by clothes."

Archmage1
2016-09-20, 11:41 AM
Tulip smiles, starting to understand.
"That makes more sense! You could wear any nice dress, and then paint yourself, so you matched!"

PersonMan
2016-09-21, 01:18 AM
"Lying constantly will only get you deeper into things over time," Dilaa replies, crossing her arms.

Hazuki
2016-09-21, 08:09 AM
"Yes. Why not." Eirin replies, after looking at Tulip strangely for a moment. "I've not met many Fey, but you're one of them, aren't you? What's your...ability?"

~

"But you'll get a lot of practice." Mughal points out. "And everyone needs a hobby."

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 08:19 AM
Tulip smiles merrily as she understands the purpose of make up, but as Eirin continues, she smiles, happy to explain.
"I have my garden! It's really, really nice! Maybe I could show it to you? It wouldn't be the same as visiting it, but I don't know how to get home, so I can only show it!"

Hazuki
2016-09-21, 08:34 AM
"...that's it? Your special fairy power is owning and maintaining a garden?" Eirin asks, her lips twisting down in disappointment.

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 08:38 AM
Tulip frowns.
"It's really important! But... what do you mean by special faerie power? I don't think I have any special powers, but maybe I do? You're really big and strong, but I'm normal sized, and fast, and I can fly? Is that special?"

PersonMan
2016-09-21, 10:11 AM
Dilaa shrugs, and turns to Boer. "I'll be back in a moment - I think this is something Tulip may be able to help us with."

If anything, the fey could bother the man into revealing his motives.

After getting her leave from the Captain, Dilaa goes to find Tulip and ask her to join them.

Hazuki
2016-09-21, 11:33 AM
"I heard that all Fey have a thing that they're known for." Eirin replies, with a shrug. "I don't. I do, but that's because every person learns a thing. But Fey are made for a thing."

It's at this point that Tulip spots Dilaa approaching.

~

"Ah, good. I love flowers." Mughal remarks, as Captain Boer nods at Dilaa's request to leave.

"Mughal, you can't expect that you'll be able to outwit everyone on the Smile Tolerantly, as well as outsiders. We're newer, and trying to abuse what you perceive as a weakness in uniformity won't work when we have aid from those without the Astral Meme. It is only a matter of time until we figure out what you're up to..." is all the warrior hears as she leaves.

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 11:46 AM
Finally realizing what Eirin was getting at, Tulip smiles at her.
"Flowers! I'm Tulip, and Tulips are my flower!"
However, before she can go more into depth, Tulip spots the oncoming Dilaa, and twists to smile merrily at Dilaa.
"Dilaa! Did you convince her to be nice?"

PersonMan
2016-09-21, 11:55 AM
"We're still working on that. Mughal is his name - he doesn't want to tell us why he took the artifact. I was thinking you could help?" Dilaa asks, giving Tulip and the others a nod in greeting.

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 11:59 AM
Tulip smiles merrily at Dilaa's question.
"I'll try! Maybe he doesn't like telling stories?"
With that, she departs Deets's shoulder, flitting over to hover near Dilaa.

PersonMan
2016-09-21, 12:15 PM
"He likes telling stories, just ones that didn't happen," Dilaa explains, heading back to the room.

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 12:27 PM
Tulip follows Dilaa along, smiling merrily.
"But those can be really fun stories! I think people make them to teach things! Like the one with the fox and the scorpion! They're better when you know they didn't happen, because they're supposed to teach you how to be nice!"

Hazuki
2016-09-21, 12:40 PM
Eirin and Deets look at one another, then continue their patrol along the outer walls.

Tulip and Dilaa soon arrive back at the inn room, where Mughal has switched to sitting on a root-like table with the fan still in hand. "...the thing about convincing somebody to surrender is that you need to know their plans before you do it. You? You know nothing."

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 12:42 PM
Hearing this, Tulip promptly flits over, and sits on the table as well, smiling merrily up at Mughal, clearly hopeful.
"That sounds like storytime!"

Hazuki
2016-09-21, 12:46 PM
"Ah, you must be Tulip." Mughal smiles, looking down at the Petal by his side. "I'm sure you know, but just in case - I'm Mughal. A fan of stories, are we?"

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 12:49 PM
Tulip looks a little sheepish at Mughal's reminder.
"Sorry! I am Tulip, and you're Mughal! It's nice to meet you! And stories are lots of fun! They're like exploring, only different!"
As she starts discussing stories, she is clearly growing more excited, and less sheepish.

Hazuki
2016-09-21, 12:52 PM
Mughal chuckles softly. "What a novel idea. I'm a fan of stories, too. What's your favorite story, Tulip?"

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 12:55 PM
Tulip smiles merrily as she thinks.
"Well... There's the really nice one about the princess, and there's the one where they help everyone get better, and there's the flower story... There are lots of really fun ones! What's your favorite?"

Hazuki
2016-09-21, 12:59 PM
"Ah, I know too many to pick a favorite." Mughal replies, as he spreads the fan out on his lap. "But one I hold especially dear is the story of the first wizard there ever was. Do you know it?"

Archmage1
2016-09-21, 01:00 PM
Tulip shakes her head.
"I've never heard that one! Could you tell it? Please?"
She seems to be quite hopeful for storytime.

Hazuki
2016-09-22, 08:28 PM
Captain Boer shifts where she stands, re-folding her arms as she watches Tulip begins her masterful ploy.

Mughal tells Tulip the story of the first ever wizard, who grew up in the wilds, learning how beautiful the world could be. They learned as much about it as they could, before leaving to see more of the world - and becoming saddened by the sights of people suffering, of their needless pain, and the magical creatures that preyed on their weaknesses. So the first wizard decided to learn all about those, too - the people, the pain, the creatures. They slowly gathered up their knowledge, thinking on ways to make the world as beautiful as they believed it when they were a child, and, after many long years, eventually came up with the first spell.

They used it to help people, discovering more and more spells as they got older and older, when they decided that they would teach these spells to others, so they could give everyone the chance to make the world better. No matter how young, old, strong, weak, tall short, injured, or healthy, all they needed to make the world better was a willingness to learn.

Archmage1
2016-09-23, 06:12 AM
Tulip listens intently to Mughal's story, clearly getting into it, becoming saddened by the terrible suffering, and relieved when the wizard learns how to help. After Mughal finished, the emotional petal darts over and hugs him.
"Thank you! That was a really nice story!"
After a few moments, she lets her hug come to an end, and smiles over at Captain Boer.
"Captain? Do you know a nice story too? Or maybe I should tell one?"

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 06:18 AM
Mughal raises an eyebrow at Captain Boer alongside Tulip.

"None come to mind." The Captain answers, softly.

Archmage1
2016-09-23, 06:25 AM
Tulip looks really sad at the Captain's response.
"Really? You don't know any nice stories? That must be terrible!"
The wide eyed petal looks over at Mughal, hope glimmering in her eyes.
"Maybe you could help her? Everyone should know some nice stories! Please?"

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 09:23 PM
"I don't think Captain Boer or her crew would enjoy many of the stories I do." Mughal sadly replies to Tulip. "What does the Astral Meme need with silly old stories?"

Archmage1
2016-09-23, 09:28 PM
Tulip smiles merrily at Mughal, amazed that he could be so silly.
"But it's a really good place to make new stories, and you'd have friends, and you could help them be nice!"

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 09:37 PM
"I've experienced enough of what they do to know that I want nothing to do with them." Mughal replies to Tulip. "Besides. They don't care what I think is nice."

Archmage1
2016-09-23, 09:41 PM
Tulip looks curious as she looks up at Mughal from her seat on the table.
"What makes you think that? They've been really nice to us so far! They showed us around, and they said they're going to show us around even more later!"

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 10:06 PM
"Imagine a God, and will do." Mughal begins, as Captain Boer narrows her eyes at the man. "Imagine they make a person, but this person doesn't quite make them happy. So they make another person, who's just a little bit better. And then another, and then another, and then another. While all of this, the first person is still around, watching, trying to keep up with all of these people being born better than them. By the time that first person dies, they couldn't keep up with any of the people growing up around them - they're smarter, stronger, they can fly, whatever it is that you think would make them better. They're more of it, and the first person wasn't made in a way that means they can't even understand what these people are."

"This keeps going on, with the second person, third, and so on. Eventually, the God hits on immortality. Big achievement, they throw a party with colorful drinks and nibbles. The four thousand and fifth Person is born, immortal and they watch the older generations die. Then they watch as newer generations are born. And, just like the first person, they can't understand these new people, but four thousand and five? Four thousand and five never dies. They're immortal. They just get to watch every person born after them get better, get further away from what they are, until they can't even understand the twenty thousand, two hundred, and fifty sixth person. Nor can the twenty thousand, two hundred, and fifty sixth person understand this old, stupid, incompetent, person who can't even begin to grasp what they can manage so easily."

"And then it goes on, and on, and on. And the God is left with thousands of unwanted, pointless people. They might not even be considered people any more. Maybe the new people are incorporeal, have wings, a hive mind - and they look at these bags of flesh and they'll think 'How can these be people?'. If by some stroke of ingenuity, they can still understand what those old people are, the most they'll give is pity. Pity that those old people will never see the world as they do. Pity for these failed, miserable creatures who've let the world slip through their fingers. A God's pity."

Archmage1
2016-09-23, 10:25 PM
Tulip giggles.
"That's a silly story! It isn't what you are that's important, it's who you are, and who you can be! It's the most beautiful birds that have trouble finding someone to help with eggs, but the ones that aren't quite that beautiful? They do lots better, because they learned, instead of just relying on being pretty, they learned to be pretty, which is lots better!"

Amusingly, that works for D&D as well. Higher starting stats, fancy abilities... they're almost universally outweighed by the LA/RHD required. There's a reason why human is among the best starting races, and it isn't because of awesome attributes, and flight.

Hazuki
2016-09-23, 10:35 PM
"I agree." Mughal nods his head at Tulip's words.

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 08:05 AM
Tulip smiles merrily at them.
"Then maybe you can go with them, and teach them?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 08:25 AM
"I've tried. For a long time." Mughal replies, as he taps his fan on one palm. "It doesn't work."

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 08:45 AM
Tulip looks confused, and she looks over at Captain Boer.
"Why not?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 11:26 AM
"The Astral Meme has found Mughal's arguments wanting." Captain boer summarizes.

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 11:32 AM
Tulip frowns.
"Then maybe if he starts his own garden? He could show them? That he could be nicer, do more, by teaching?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 11:48 AM
"Mughal has never been denied a place in the Astral Meme." Captain Boer replies. "He left of his own volition."

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 11:51 AM
Tulip looks somewhat confused, and she looks at Boer.
"Then, um... if you can leave, why are you arguing? Why were you asking Murghal to surrender?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 12:04 PM
"Leaving is allowed. Leaving with the property of the Astral Meme isn't." Captain Boer replies.

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 12:08 PM
Tulip seems slightly surprised, before she remembers.
"Oh! You mean the invisible artifact thing!"
She then turns back, to look at Mughal.
"Why did you take it? If you want to show them that being who you are because you want to is better than just being who you are, why take something like that?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 12:13 PM
"They weren't doing anything with it." Mughal shrugs his shoulders. "Why shouldn't it be used by somebody who can use it?"

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 12:16 PM
Tulip frowns.
"You could have asked? Stealing things isn't nice!"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 12:22 PM
"They would have said no. And asking would have made is so much more difficult to steal once they did." Mughal replies, as he balances the fan on his finger.

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 12:25 PM
Tulip looks confused once more.
"But why do you want it? It sounds like it could be used for some really good tricks, but you want to teach them, not trick them! Why take it?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 12:31 PM
"Not everything is about the Astral Meme. Who says I want to use it on, against, or even in the general vicinity, of them?" Mughal asks the Petal. "Maybe I'll use it for other things. Nice things."

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 12:33 PM
Tulip looks sad.
"But if you take it, they'll keep on looking, because they think it will hurt them! You'll never get the chance to show them that your way is better, because you'll have to stay hidden, and that isn't what you want, is it?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 12:41 PM
"I don't need to show them that my way is better - or anyone. I do what I do, because I think it will help people." Mughal replies, clasping the fan once more. "If it means the Astral Meme keeps chasing me, they can waste as much time on it as they like. But I don't care what they - or any one else - thinks of me while I'm doing it."

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 12:44 PM
The sad petal continues to look sadly disappointed.
"But don't you want to try to help their children? So they have a chance to be?"
Her voice is soft, worried.

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 12:48 PM
"It's not as simple as that." Mughal sighs. "It's sad that new citizens will have to struggle to see what's wrong with the Astral Meme. But working with them means implicitly supporting them - means that, even with doubts, staying there is still better than an alternative. The only way to avoid that is to leave entirely, and let my examples without be some small guidance."

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 12:52 PM
Tulip frowns once more.
"But... why can't you be an example from somewhere else? You've got friends, they can tell people about what you've accomplished, how that maybe there isn't just one way for everyone! But if you're considered a meanie by the Meme, then you won't be able to do that!"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 12:57 PM
"Do you think all of the Astral Meme will care that I stole an unused artifact from the archives?" Mughal asks.

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 12:59 PM
Tulip shakes her head.
"But that isn't the problem. Do you really want their inspiration to be a criminal, someone that they know steals, and robs?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 01:03 PM
"I didn't rob anyone. It was a completely bloodless theft." Mughal smiles, ever so slightly. "And not everything is about the law. I may have broken a law of the Astral Meme, but that doesn't make what I did mean. If it's against the law to tell a story, would telling it be a bad thing?"

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 01:09 PM
Tulip shakes her head.
"It was theirs. It's like taking something from a dragon's treasure hoard! They might not use it, but they'll know, and they'll keep coming after you, until they get it back! It would depend on the story, I think. A story that encourages people to be mean isn't a good story, and, well..."
She frowns looking sadly thoughtful.
"I still feel like that your story might be one like that! What if they really need the artifact, and you stole it, and then a lot of people got hurt! It would be really, really sad!"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 01:14 PM
"What if somebody else needs it before they do?" Mughal asks the Petal.

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 01:16 PM
Tulip smiles.
"Then they can ask! But meanness only ever brings meanness! You don't want that, do you?"

Hazuki
2016-09-24, 01:20 PM
"How would the people who need it know it exists? Or that it's in the archives? Or that they can contact the Astral Meme?" Mughal replies.

Archmage1
2016-09-24, 01:25 PM
Tulip smiles merrily at him.
"They would! It's how the universe seems to work!"

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 08:52 AM
"Would that it were" Mughal replies.

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 09:05 AM
Tulip smiles at her.
"But it is! That's why there's always a hero to oppose the meanies!"

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 10:18 AM
"In the end, yes. In the end, there's always somebody out there, somebody good, who can make the day that much brighter and prove how wonderful a person can be." Mughal says, meeting Tulip's gaze. "But before that happens, there are people who suffer, maybe for a long, long time. And sometimes it's not enough to hope that a hero will come along - somebody needs to be there, to be that hero."

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 10:23 AM
Tulip smiles merrily at him.
"That's what stories are for! To remind people that they can be that hero, if they choose! But taking things that don't belong to you... that isn't a good thing!"

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 10:27 AM
"Not even if it's used to save lives?" Mughal asks, raising an eyebrow at the Petal.

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 10:28 AM
Tulip shakes her head firmly.
"If it's going to save lives, you can ask, and they'll help! Just taking it isn't nice at all!"

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 10:31 AM
"And if they say no? If it's against their rules to help?" Mughal asks.

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 10:32 AM
Tulip shakes her head, before she answers, sounding absolutely certain.
"They're nice, so of course they'd help!"

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 10:36 AM
Mughal gently shakes his head.

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 10:37 AM
Tulip just looks at him.
"They're nice, so of course they'll help! That's what being nice is!"

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 10:40 AM
Mughal smiles sadly at Tulip, tucks the fan into his pocket, and gets to his feet. "It's been a pleasure talking to you all, but I'm afraid I'm all out of hospitality. I hope you don't mind if I head out to collect some more."

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 10:42 AM
Tulip looks surprised.
"You can collect Hospitality? I thought everyone had lots of that!"

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 10:44 AM
"Oh, no. Limited supply out here." Mughal says, as he strolls to the door.

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 10:46 AM
Tulip flits into the air, and starts to follow him.
"Really? It must be really sad here then! Maybe you could show us how you collect more? We might need some too!"

Raunchel
2016-09-25, 11:09 AM
Shaisane takes a step forwards: "I am very sorry sir, but I must urge you to remain with us a little longer. It might be slightly unclear from the words of my companion, but we do not wish to cause you undue stress. It however seems that you have stolen something, and the owners do want it back. I am absolutely certain that the Astral Meme would gladly allow you, or any other party, to use this item when necessary, but that sort of thing does require study. It is all too easy to suffer unwanted consequences."

Hazuki
2016-09-25, 11:16 AM
"Fascinating." Mughal replies to Shaisane, pausing on his journey to the door. "It's rare that I meet somebody so arrogant that they expect to know more about something they've only just heard of than somebody who's experienced it for the entirety of their lives." He glances at Dilaa and Tulip. "Hold on to that one."

Archmage1
2016-09-25, 11:20 AM
Tulip flits over, and settles on his shoulder, not wanting to interrupt the conversation between him and Shaisane, but thinking that maybe they wouldn't want to continue it.
"Maybe we could look for hospitality in the gardens!"

Raunchel
2016-09-26, 02:26 PM
"Arrogance?", Shaisane begins, "You would accuse me of arrogance? How very dare you! I am the very epitome of humility, I know my failings, and meditate on them every single day! Do you even understand that? Do you have any idea of the insights that I have gained? You don't. And because of that, you should never even think of lecturing me on what I do and do not comprehend!"

The elf obviously is angered, and a certain bird adds: "That's true! Shaisane has a big head! And she knows lots of stuff!"

Hazuki
2016-09-26, 02:56 PM
"If that is true, then I recommend you find some incense and meditate immediately." Mughal smiles, as he opens the door of his room and strolls out into the hall.

Archmage1
2016-09-26, 03:16 PM
The somewhat confused petal, still sitting on Mughal's shoulder waves at those inside the room.

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 10:07 AM
Mughal strolls down the corridor with Tulip on his shoulder, heading down the stairs to the lobby and then to the door to Lamburr greater/

~

Back in the room, Captain Boer is looking pensively at one of the walls when a soft tune emanates from her belt. She reaches down and retrieves a small gem, its edges gilded with a curved metal, that continues to sing in her hands. She runs her fingers along its edges, a frowns lightly creasing her brow, and it continues to sing until she puts it back into her pocket.

"The Elemental Chaos has brought one of their ships into orbit." She informs whoever remains. "This could get tricky."

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 10:15 AM
Smiling merrily, Tulip looks over at Mughal's ear before she asks the important question. Her voice is cheerful, bright, and excited.
"Are we going somewhere fun, to find hospitality?"

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 10:21 AM
"Yes. And the best place to find hospitality is...?" Mughal asks, not turning his head to acknowledge her because that would likely knock her off his shoulder.

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 10:31 AM
Tulip smiles hopefully at him.
"Gardens?"

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 10:37 AM
"For flowers, perhaps. But for us, it's a tavern." Mughal explains, as he turns a corner. "With manners, food, and music, you'll go wanting for nothing but a heavier coin purse."

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 10:42 AM
Tulip seems to almost understand Mughal's words.
"Oh! One of those! I sang at one once, it was fun! But I don't think I'd like a heavy coin purse. They're really, really heavy!"

PersonMan
2016-09-27, 11:43 AM
Dilaa raises an eyebrow, turning to the captain as Mughal and Tulip leave. "The Elemental Chaos?"

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 11:53 AM
"I agree. But it's easier to carry a few coins than do a favor every time you want something." Mughal replies, his curly hair bouncing with each step.

~

Captain Boer heads for the door at a brisk pace. "Realms inhabited by personifications of primal elements. Fire, water, air, and earth. Filled with elementals, genies, and so on. You'd struggle to call it a unified government, hence the name - but they are quite united in that they don't like us. Blocked any of them accessing our home plane, which many of them are just annoyed enough about to cause trouble when we cross paths."

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 11:57 AM
Tulip smiles mischievously, easily sticking to the bouncy shoulder, through dint of weeks of practice.
"But not as fun!"

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 12:08 PM
"That rather depends on the favor." Mughal points out. "What if they would have you clean their unmentionables?"

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 12:09 PM
Tulip smiles merrily.
"I know a trick for that!"

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 12:11 PM
"Do you?" Mughal asks, his tone curious. "Perhaps you could demonstrate?"

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 12:14 PM
Tulip continues to smile merrily, while humming happily, and Mughal feels a wave of cleanness flow over all his clothing(And body). Which also now happens to be a lovely shade of pink(Well, not the body, but the clothing).

(Using Prestidigitation)

After she finishes, she turns her smile back Mughal.
"There!"

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 12:17 PM
Mughal looks down at his clothing and lets out a soft laugh. "I love it. Do you know many tricks, Tulip?"

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 12:21 PM
Tulip continues to smile merrily, clearly having fun.
"Yaay! Thank you! I just know a few tricks! But lots of people don't like tricks, which is really sad, because they're really fun!"
She pauses for a moment.
"But your clothing won't stay that color forever."
She seems rather sad about that.

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 12:24 PM
"Not to worry. I have other, more colorful outfits." Mughal assures the Petal. "But you say some don't like your tricks?"

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 12:28 PM
Tulip looks sad as she nods.
"Sometimes!"

PersonMan
2016-09-27, 01:04 PM
"I take it they'll be working against your interests, then," Dilaa says, moving to follow Boer.

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 01:14 PM
"Any times in particular?" Mughal asks.

~

"I don't know why they're here." Captain Boer replies. "But I need to get back to the Smile Tolerantly in case they plan on doing anything. And find out what they're here for."

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 01:20 PM
Tulip seems a little sheepish, and then a little sad.
"Mostly when they don't go as planned, but Mithra said that sometimes people just don't like them, even if they're really, really good tricks!"

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 01:21 PM
"Hmm." Mughal goes silent for a moment. "I don't know who this 'Mithra' is, but she sounds like a spoilsport."

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 01:29 PM
Tulip seems somewhat conflicted at that statement.
"Well... She can be boring, but she also takes me exploring, which is lots of fun!"

PersonMan
2016-09-27, 03:50 PM
Dilaa nods. "I'll go get Tulip, then. Will we meet back where we came down?" She asks, ready to head off towards where she saw Mughal and Tulip go.

Hazuki
2016-09-27, 03:53 PM
"But you have such zest for life, no? What about somebody could bore you?" Mughal asks.

~

"No. We still have to deal with Mughal and the artifact. I recommend you rendevous with Deets and continue the search." Captain Boer replies.

Archmage1
2016-09-27, 03:57 PM
Tulip looks sad as she responds.
"She doesn't like fun! Fun's good for everyone, so long as they're nice!"
She pauses, before a slight hope passes across her face.
"Maybe you know someone like that?"

PersonMan
2016-09-28, 04:01 PM
Dilaa nods, and goes back to where Deets and Eirin are waiting.

"Tulip is with Mughal, but the Captain is returning to the Smile Tolerantly for business. We'll be continuing on our own for now," she tells them.

Raunchel
2016-09-29, 06:04 AM
Shaisane accompanies Dilaa, still fuming at her treatment. But her brain keeps working. But there is a slight delay, and when she has deduced the likely goals of the Elemental Chaos, it seems that she is no longer with the captain. And so she confirms what Dilaa said: "Yes, it seems that a grouping known as the Elemental Chaos has arrived, and the captain will take steps while we continue the mission. It seems however that Tulip was taken by Mughal, and I propose that we retrieve her and the artifact."

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 08:22 AM
"Someone who doesn't like what I do? All the time." Mughal replies. "Unfortunately, fixing that requires great effort and a willingness to ignore morals. So I let them get on with it."

~

Deets and Eirin are having a quiet conversation by the time Dilaa and Shaisane find them, with Captain Boer having been bamfed out of the area once they stepped outside. "Acknowledged." Deets replies. "How did Mughal capture Tulip?"

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 08:26 AM
Tulip shakes her head firmly, although she does manage to suppress her giggle.
"No, silly! Helping someone who doesn't like fun to have fun!"

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 08:31 AM
"What have you tried?" Mughal asks.

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 08:39 AM
Tulip smiles.
"Well, I've tried showing her what her room could look like, and I try showing her interesting things, and I try playing music for her, but she just doesn't ever seem to have fun!"

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 08:48 AM
"Does she like anything at all?" Mughal asks.

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 08:54 AM
Tulip looks sad as Mughal asks his question.
"She said that she likes books and scrolls and things, but she doesn't seem to read them much when we're exploring!"

PersonMan
2016-09-29, 09:37 AM
"He didn't, she went with him on her own," Dilaa explains.

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 10:09 AM
"Then what does she do?" Mughal raises an eyebrow.

~

"Do you know the location of the artifact?" Deets asks, as Eirin blows hair out of her face.

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 10:34 AM
Tulip looks sad.
"She just walks!"

PersonMan
2016-09-29, 10:35 AM
"I suspect he has it on him, otherwise I doubt he'd leave us in his room while he left. It may be hidden elsewhere, but I don't expect to find clues to it in the room unless he's particularly careless," Dilaa replies.

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 10:43 AM
"All the time? She must have mightily muscular legs." Mughal remarks, with mild surprise.

~

"Do you have any suggestions for a course of action?" Deets asks.

"All you need to do is figure out what he wants to do with it." Eirin comments, as she scuffs the toe of her boots on the ground. "There's no reason to steal something that makes you invisible and go to neutral lands. If you can be invisible, you can go anywhere you like. That's the whole point! So he's either got a point for being here, and staying here, or he wants the artifact for something and for the Smile Tolerantly to be here."

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 11:09 AM
Tulip shakes her head.
"No, just while we're exploring! She didn't even really look around!"

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 12:35 PM
"Perhaps she was thinking." Mughal comments. "Nobody does nothing. Not even if they're staying very still."

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 12:37 PM
Tulip continues to look rather sad as the conversation continues, still bouncing along on Mughal's shoulder.
"But she wasn't smiling, or looking happy! And no matter what I showed her, she always seemed bored by it! But I think we're out of ideas."
The saddened petal falls silent for a few moments, before she chimes in again.
"So... what do you do for fun?"

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 12:39 PM
"I quite enjoy knitting." Mughal answers, jovially. "It's a fine way to pass the time when I wasn't exploring for the Astral Meme."

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 12:41 PM
Tulip smiles merrily as Mughal reveals that he liked making things.
"Knitting? Did you make anything nice?"
Her words flow quickly, revealing her interest.

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 12:47 PM
"My dear Petal, everything I made was nice. Scarves, dolls, gloves, hats, and most things that it is feasible to knit." Mughal answers. "Are you a craftswoman, yourself?"

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 12:54 PM
Tulip smiles happily, clearly pleased with his answer.
"I can make lots of things, but it takes a really long time to make really nice things, so I get bored, sometimes, but I can always do more later! I'm making a really nice present for Tirai, and I helped Dahlia make a nice present for Ruffles!"

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 12:57 PM
"And what is it that you're making?" Mughal asks.

Archmage1
2016-09-29, 01:03 PM
Tulip smiles merrily.
"It's a book, with drawings of her children! I'm sure she'll love it!"

Hazuki
2016-09-29, 09:48 PM
"You can draw people from memory?" Mughal asks, curiously.

Archmage1
2016-09-30, 05:21 AM
The merrily smiling shoulder riding petal giggles at Mughal's question.
"Of course! How could I forget them? They're really nice! You wouldn't forget someone, would you?"

Hazuki
2016-09-30, 12:31 PM
"That depends on how pleasant they are." Mughal replies, as they arrive outside another large building with roots growing around the doorway and a large symbol carved on either side. "Ah, here we are." He says, walking through the door to be greeted by a room filled with low tables, colorful rugs, and rich foods. "I hope you don't mind if I slip into the bathroom?"

Archmage1
2016-09-30, 12:55 PM
As the pair arrives at the building, Tulip admires it.
"It's a really nice looking building! But the poor roots... they mostly don't like not being in the ground!"
As her ride heads inside, Tulip looks around, clearly admiring the colorful rugs. It takes her a few moments to respond to Mughal's comment, as she is rather distracted, but as he asks about going to the bathroom, she nods.
"I don't think so? There are lots of nice things to look at, and when you're done, you can show me how to find hospitality!"
She is, however, still sitting on his shoulder.

Hazuki
2016-09-30, 01:04 PM
"Will you be waiting here?" Mughal asks, as he approaches one of the smaller doorways.

Archmage1
2016-09-30, 01:09 PM
Tulip seems surprised by the question, but then things make sense.
"Ok! I can look at the rugs!"
With that, Tulip promptly darts into the air, and flits over, to get a better look at the rugs.

Hazuki
2016-09-30, 01:11 PM
Tulip finds that the rugs are really quite nice. They seem to be made of some thick, though slightly coarse, material that has naturally grown into their many colors before being weaved together. They also seem like they'd be slightly bouncy for someone of her stature.

Archmage1
2016-09-30, 01:15 PM
After a few moments of observation and admiration, Tulip tries jumping on one of the rugs, to test their apparent bounciness. :smallsmile:

PersonMan
2016-09-30, 02:42 PM
"He may want to use it to steal something else from the Astral Meme...or perhaps he intends to trade it to the Elemental Chaos," Dilaa considers. "For the time being, we should search through his room. There could be some kind of clue of his plans there."

Unless there are objections, Dilaa will lead the others in searching the room thoroughly.

Hazuki
2016-09-30, 02:50 PM
Tulip finds that the rug is, indeed, bouncy enough to give her a couple of good bounces. If she uses her wings, she can even get a consistent one going!

~

"I mean, I was thinking we could just search the news for anything that might appeal his philosophy. But whatever, I guess we'll do it your way." Eirin huffs, sticking her hands into her pockets as she and Deets start to follow Dilaa to the room.

Archmage1
2016-09-30, 03:27 PM
The giggling petal plays on the rug for a couple of minutes, clearly having fun.

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 07:44 AM
After a couple of minutes of jumping on the rug, Tulip feels a peculiar sense of abandonment. Rather like that of a senior bard, who's been organizing something of a roleplay, only to find that their performers frequently go missing.

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 08:03 AM
Tulip looks about to see if Mughal has emerged, however, as she doesn't see him she starts to feel rather abandoned, which makes her feel sad.
Wanting to reassure herself, she tries to think of where he is, asking the universe to help her find him, to make sure he was ok.

Tulip is going to cast Locate Creature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/locateCreature.htm), looking for Mughal. Range is 760 feet, and it is blocked by a sheet of lead.

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 08:14 AM
Tulip gets the distinct feeling that Mughal is roughly six hundred feet away from her. Specifically, beneath and to her right.

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 08:22 AM
Realizing that Mughal had gotten confused, and had evidently forgotten her, Tulip goes to follow him, trying to open the door he had gone through, so she could find him.

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 08:26 AM
The bartender notices Tulip heading towards the door and clears her throat. "What do you want with our storage room?" The dwarf asks, narrowing her eyes at the Petal.

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 08:28 AM
Tulip looks really concerned as she turns to look at the dwarf.
"My friend went in, but now he's a really long way away, so I think he got lost, so I'm going to try to find him, so he isn't lost anymore!"
Her tone is clearly worried, and concerned.

Since time is something of a factor here...
[roll0] Diplomacy

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 08:33 AM
"What would..." She looks at Tulip's big, expressive eyes, then pulls open the door for her. "Kindly don't take anything."

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 08:39 AM
Tulip smiles at the dwarf, clearly glad for the help.
"Yaay! Thank you! I won't, I just want to find him!"
With that, she quickly hugs her thanks, before she darts into the room, looking for a way to continue after him.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Search(Assuming it is a secret door)

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 08:41 AM
Tulip finds it remarkably easy to spot the trapdoor on the far side of the room, although it does look heavy...

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 08:45 AM
Noting the rather heavy drapdoor, Tulip quickly realizes that she isn't going to be able to lift it, instead choosing to go through it.

Casting blink.
50% chance of phasing through 5 feet, since a trapdoor is much thinner, maybe 90% chance of success?
[roll0] Try 1 [roll1] damage taken on failure
[roll2] Try 2 [roll3] damage taken on failure
[roll4] Try 3 [roll5] damage taken on failure
[roll6] Try 4 [roll7] damage taken on failure

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 08:47 AM
Tulip successfuly phases through the trapdoor, only to find herself standing...in another supply room, with barrels and crates and a door!

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 08:48 AM
Surprised, Tulip promptly flies through the door, assuming it is in the right direction towards Mughal.(If it isn't search check time?)

Well, she does have 4 rolls, so 2 remaining?

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 09:00 AM
When Tulip flies through the door, she finds herself standing on something that somewhat resembles a cone, with how it gets wider towards the top and smaller towards the bottom, although the edges of this cone are made out of streets lined with buildings. A few bridges cross the chasm, at the bottom of which sits a pool of shimmering water, and one of them in particular is alight with stones. Stones that are currently making a long series of carriages above them float, and move forward, steadily gaining speed as it heads into a tunnel.

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 09:03 AM
Tulip's eyes go wide indeed as she observes the strange sight before her, taking it in as she darts towards where Mughal is, still flickering in and out of reality. Maybe he would help her explore here!
(Run action, 240 feet covered)

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 12:48 PM
Tulip notices that the space Mughal was is right beside a platform beside the almost out-of-sight carriages above the glowing path. And she can't see him there now, as she crosses half the distance to where she knew he was.

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 12:53 PM
Smiling merrily, Tulip continues her pursuit, pausing for a moment to re-orient herself, so she could find him again.

Locate Creature has a duration, so she can keep on following! :smallsmile:
Another 240 feet moved!

Hazuki
2016-10-03, 12:56 PM
Tulip arrives on the platform and realizes that Mughal is moving very quickly through the tunnel, and the carriage has disappeared within it, as well.

Archmage1
2016-10-03, 01:23 PM
Pausing, Tulip notes strange symbols on the walls, and she also notes that Mughal is moving very quickly, prompting fears that she was going to lose him soon, and then she couldn't learn how to find hospitality! With that fear, she darts over to one of the waiting dwarves, and smiles nervously at the dwarf, clearly worried.
"Hi! Maybe you can help me? Please? I'm trying to find my friend, but I lost him, and I think he got on one of these things, and he's going really quickly that way!"
The poor faerie seems very worried, and vulnerable, looking hopefully at the dwarf with her eyes. As she mentions that way, she points towards where Mughal was going.

[roll0] Diplo?

Hazuki
2016-10-04, 12:56 PM
"Wait until the next carriage comes along?" The dwarf offers.

~

Dilaa finds nothing. NOTHING. Diddly squat! The amount of things she finds is null! She discovers as many hidden secrets as there are honest politicians!

Archmage1
2016-10-04, 12:59 PM
Tulip looks sad.
"Aw... but that sounds like it's going to take a really long time, and I might not be able to follow him anymore! Maybe I could just follow?"

PersonMan
2016-10-04, 01:45 PM
Heading down to the entrance to the inn, Dilaa goes to the dwarf woman at the desk.

"Excuse me, do you know the best place to go in order to learn about current events? Especially regarding politics and the Astral Meme's presence."

Raunchel
2016-10-05, 02:55 AM
Shaisane once again has the feeling that she should have prepared different spells, so she could quickly find Tulip, and go to her. But alas, she never has the right ones ready: "And, could you by any chance tell us if you saw a petal move past, and where she went?"

Hazuki
2016-10-05, 08:44 AM
"Shouldn't be any danger to it." The waiter replies. "You'd hear it coming before it hit you."

~

"The library records recent events." The woman at the desk answers, then raises an eyebrow at Shaisane. "What is a Petal?"

Archmage1
2016-10-05, 08:47 AM
Tulip smiles happily.
"Ok!"
With that, the tiny creature casts haste, before dashing off after Mughal, hoping to catch up to him.

With haste, Tulip is moving at ~41 miles per hour.
Assuming that this is based on a lightning rail, she should be 10 miles per hour faster(As they are about 30 miles per hour)

PersonMan
2016-10-05, 11:06 AM
"A small Fey," Dilaa explains. "Probably sitting on the shoulder or head of Mughal, as he left."

"Can you direct us to the library?"

Hazuki
2016-10-06, 10:23 AM
Unremarkably, Tulip is very good at flying, and soon manages to catch up to the humming carriage, although there doesn't seem to be a way to get in at the moment. She senses Mughal's presence, as ever, and the carriage comes to a halt after some time, in another hub-like area. Once it stops, a small flood of people emerge from the doors and she can't seem to spot Mughal among them. Her spell tells tell her that he's there, though.

~

"Yes, they went through the front door." The dwarf answers, then gives them directions to the library.

Archmage1
2016-10-06, 10:39 AM
Finally catching up the the carriage, Tulip, starting to feel a little tired, looks around, trying to find Mughal, but without any luck. But then she thinks, and tries to head straight to where she knows he is, being somewhat sneaky, as she wants to surprise him.

Luckily, she knows what square he's in, because locate creature is nifty, so she heads there, and looks! If he's invisible, she has solutions!

Hazuki
2016-10-06, 10:48 AM
When Tulip flies up to where she believes Tulip is, she notices that a young bearded dwarf in a flowing robe is standing there.

Archmage1
2016-10-06, 10:56 AM
Knowing that it felt like Mughal was right there, but that she didn't see him, Tulip thinks really, really hard, and quickly realizes that maybe Mughal is playing a trick! Tulip promptly tries to see magic, so she can maybe see the trick! :smallsmile:

Hazuki
2016-10-06, 10:59 AM
Tulip can't seem to spot any magic on the young dwarf, who busies himself with muttering numbers and names to himself.

Archmage1
2016-10-06, 11:04 AM
Not seeing a trick, Tulip flits up to the dwarf, hovering not too far from his face, still trying to find the poor lost Mughal, smiling hopefully, but clearly worried.
"Hi! Maybe you can help me? Please? I'm trying to find Mughal, but he's lost, but I was sure he was around here, but I can't seem to find him! He's really big, and he has pointed ears, and green eyes, and black hair, and his clothing is a really nice pink!"
She's breathing faster than normal still(Although no one not familiar with her would notice), and she seems almost ruffled, like she's been inside a wind storm.

Hazuki
2016-10-08, 10:34 AM
The dwarf's mumbling is interrupted by the persistent Petal, and he stares at her as she rambles on. "I've not seen anyone." He tells her, then walks around her.

PersonMan
2016-10-08, 10:59 AM
Dilaa nods, and follows the directions to the library, where she looks for someone who looks to be a librarian or similar to speak with.

Archmage1
2016-10-08, 11:43 AM
Tulip, still feeling like this was Mughal, promptly flits over, and lands on the dwarf's head.
"Ok! I think maybe you're him, so I'll just follow you!"

Hazuki
2016-10-08, 12:00 PM
"Are you just going to spend all your time walking in silence?" Eirin asks, on the way to the library.

~

The dwarf bats Tulip off of his head. "Don't follow me from on top of me." He grumbles, as he keeps walking.

Archmage1
2016-10-08, 12:03 PM
Tulip jumps the battering hand, before she flits over, to sit on his shoulder.
"Ok! Now I'm to your side! But maybe you did see him?"

[roll0] diplomacy

PersonMan
2016-10-08, 01:15 PM
"Sometimes," Dilaa replies, with a shrug. "I've done most of my traveling on my own, so I'm accustomed to not speaking during it. Would you prefer we discuss something?" She asks, turning to look down at Eirin with a smile.

Hazuki
2016-10-09, 10:53 AM
"I didn't see anyone until you jumped at my face." The dwarf replies, as he bats Tulip off of his shoulder. "I am not a chair!"

~

"Anything's better than an awkward silence." Eirin replies, and it looks like she'd fold her arms if she weren't busy hustling to keep up with the two taller folk.

Archmage1
2016-10-09, 11:20 AM
Tulip jumps the batting hand, before landing back on his shoulder with a grin.
"Really? But he would have been really easy to spot, because he's lots bigger than you! And I was following him, and I found you instead!"

PersonMan
2016-10-10, 08:51 AM
"How is it you met Mithra?" Dilaa asks, after a few moments of thought. "Or have you joined her Acolytes without meeting her in person?"

Hazuki
2016-10-10, 10:03 AM
"Get off of me!" The dwarf growls, coming to a halt just to bat at her.

~

"I came to Garmine and heard that there was a group with almost-free room and board." Eirin answers. "Pretty easy work, good company, so, I joined."

Archmage1
2016-10-10, 10:06 AM
Tulip, adeptly dodging the batting hands, looks very sad.
"Aw... but it's lots more fun to ride, and it's lots easier to speak to you too!"

With that said, she recasts locate creature, wondering if it would tell her the same thing about Mughal, or something different.

PersonMan
2016-10-10, 10:27 AM
"What have you been doing there since you joined?" Dilaa asks, considering how Mithra's Acolytes have grown from a tableful of women needing housing to a group large enough to offer room and board to newcomers. It also meant she likely did far less with them than before.

Hazuki
2016-10-11, 01:15 PM
Tulip finds that the spell still points her towards the grouchy dwarf.

~

"I work for Cerise, help with getting the Acolytes the things they need to do the things they do." Eirin answers. "It's kind of like a miniature magocracy, with the favorite Acolytes at the top and the rest of us working for them."

Archmage1
2016-10-11, 01:17 PM
After considering her trick for a little bit, she looks sad, as she re-addresses the dwarf.
"Mughal, why are you being silly?"

Raunchel
2016-10-12, 02:58 AM
Shaisane feels suddenly ashamed that she didn't fully investigate the organisation of the Acolytes, especially because her beloved Soote was part of it. "How many acolytes are there actually?"

Hazuki
2016-10-12, 08:55 AM
"Because I'm not!" The dwarf snaps, as he comes up to a building. "Find him elsewhere!"

~

Eirin ponders the question for a moment. "Many."

Archmage1
2016-10-12, 09:01 AM
Tulip looks quite confused.
"Then why do my tricks think you are?"
Seeking to resolve her confusion, she casts locate object, looking for Mughal's shirt.

Hazuki
2016-10-12, 10:15 AM
The dwarf seems legitimately distressed by Tulip's harassment, and Tulip's spell...doesn't work?!

Archmage1
2016-10-12, 10:17 AM
Thinking hard, Tulip tries again, only this time, instead of a shirt, she tries to find his shoes.

PersonMan
2016-10-12, 10:23 AM
Dilaa raises an eyebrow. "And who are the favorites? Just the first group, or are they the most talented?"

Hazuki
2016-10-12, 10:28 AM
Tulip gets the same result as last time.

~

Eirin sticks her tongue out in concentration for a moment. "Cerise, Lance, Webb, Blackeye, Lexi, and Lyria."

Archmage1
2016-10-12, 10:32 AM
Tulip looks really, really sad as she realizes that she had been tricked.
"Aw... I think he must have tricked me! I'm sorry!"
With that, the rather contrite petal flits back towards the strange train station, to try focusing on her shoe seeking spell again.

Hazuki
2016-10-13, 11:34 AM
The dwarf grumbles and tries to find his place in his previous mutterings as Tulip flits away. When she gets back to the train and casts her spell, it doesn't work!

Archmage1
2016-10-13, 11:46 AM
Now feeling quite sad at having lost Mughal, Tulip looks around the train area, hoping to find someone who might have been watching, so maybe she could find Mughal again. Observers might note that she looks rather on the droopy side.

PersonMan
2016-10-13, 11:51 AM
Dilaa nods. "That's the first group. It's nice to hear that they can provide housing now - they had to ask me for help, at the beginning," she says, smiling at the memory of their meeting.

Hazuki
2016-10-14, 06:10 AM
Tulip can't see any one that's particularly paying attention to the train, either having gotten on it or walking away from it, but she can still feel her Detect Creature target.

~

"Doubt it." Eirin replies, matter-of-factly.

Archmage1
2016-10-14, 06:13 AM
Feeling sad, and feeling no one to turn to for help, Tulip does the only thing she can think of.
She starts heading back to the strange dwarf, hoping to follow him sneakily, hoping that he might lead her to Mughal.

[roll0] hide
[roll1] move silently

PersonMan
2016-10-14, 06:39 AM
Dilaa raises an eyebrow. "Why is that hard to believe?"

Hazuki
2016-10-15, 08:04 AM
Tulip watches the dwarf walk for a while longer before entering a building, with doors and walls made of stone and everything! She gets to watch for a whole couple of minutes longer, with nothing much happening as he goes stationary, until a bat flies out of one of the windows.

~

"You don't seem wealthy. Or act like it." Eirin points out. "Aside from the sword, you wouldn't look out of place in furry underwear in the Talenta Plains."

Archmage1
2016-10-15, 08:09 AM
Sensing opportunity, she flits down to the bad, and waves.
"Hi!"

PersonMan
2016-10-15, 09:08 AM
"Oh. We didn't buy it," Dilaa says with a shake of her head, smiling at the idea. "There was someone building houses, at the edge of Garmine. We helped build one, and were allowed to use it once it was finished."

Hazuki
2016-10-16, 10:17 AM
Tulip finds that the bat doesn't seem to want to talk to her, as it continues flying away.

~

Eirin concentrates for a moment. "Are you the one who's bunking with Webb?"

Archmage1
2016-10-16, 10:18 AM
Tulip tries flitting a bit closer to the bat, making sure she was speaking in bat.
"Hi? Maybe we could talk?"

PersonMan
2016-10-16, 03:50 PM
Dilaa nods. "Not always, but yes," she replies.

Raunchel
2016-10-17, 12:19 PM
"And would you by any chance be familiar with Soote?", Shaisane asks, curiosity clear in her voice.

Hazuki
2016-10-17, 07:13 PM
Tulip finds that the bat, which travels at about the same speed as her, doesn't seem at all interested in conversation as it swoops under a bridge.

~

Eirin lets out a brief bark of laughter at Dilaa's reply, then raises an eyebrow at Shaisane. "Yes, why? Are you her bed-warmer?"

Archmage1
2016-10-17, 08:53 PM
Tulip feels really sad that the bat doesn't want to talk to her, but, respecting her wishes, she once again consults her Mughal tracking spell, and starts heading back, still keeping out of sight. If anyone could see her, they might note that she seems to be the essence of a dejected petal.

PersonMan
2016-10-18, 09:17 AM
Dilaa raises an eyebrow, wondering how Shaisane will take the fairly blunt question.

Raunchel
2016-10-19, 08:22 AM
"I am not her bed-warmer, as far as I know. Her body-temperature is above mine, and there are far more efficient methods to warm an object than what I can accomplish.", Shaisane replies, not having a clue of what Eirin means.

Hazuki
2016-10-19, 10:17 AM
Tulip finds that the Mughal detection spell seems to be pointing in the direction of the bat that she'd been pursuing.

~

Eirin stares at Shaisane, then looks aside with her brow furrowed. "You don't get out much, do you?"

Archmage1
2016-10-19, 10:26 AM
Tulip feels really, really confused, but she starts following the bat once more, flying quickly to catch up, wondering if Mughal was a shapeshifter.

Raunchel
2016-10-19, 10:50 AM
"Not really no.", Shaisane replies, "I left my parents only a few days ago, and before that, I never traveled."

PersonMan
2016-10-19, 11:26 AM
"Eirin was asking if you two are..." Dilaa pauses, looking for the right wording. "...Physically intimate."

Raunchel
2016-10-19, 11:53 AM
Suddenly, Shaisane's face turns bright red and she takes a step back. "Uhm, well, you see, ehm, eh, it, it is, well, a bit, it is complicated to explain."

Hazuki
2016-10-19, 07:31 PM
Tulip finds that she flies at about the same speed as the bat, and it has something of a head start thanks to her initial lack of pursuit. She realizes this they both dip into a tunnel filled with dwarves going about their business, and it swoops upwards just out of sight.

~

Eirin smirks, looks to Dilaa, then Shaisane. "I mean, you definitely are, if you're reacting like that. But, no matter. Good luck with it." The halfling shrugs.

Archmage1
2016-10-19, 08:18 PM
Starting to almost enjoy this rather strange game of tag, Tulip focuses once more on Mughal, planning on tracking him that way.
After a moment or two of thinking, the almost cheerful petal starts darting after the strange bat once more, hopefully not too far behind.

PersonMan
2016-10-20, 12:05 PM
"Are you with anyone?" Dilaa asks, raising an eyebrow at Eirin.

Hazuki
2016-10-20, 01:36 PM
Tulip manages to maintain her focus on where the spell points her, although she has to beat her wings for quite a while before the bat seems to slow its flight to fly right through a hatch in a building in the upper-heights of the underground. A hatch that, notably, closes behind it.

~

"Nah." Eirin shrugs.

Archmage1
2016-10-20, 01:53 PM
Tulip continues following, simply pausing to make herself not quite there before following, trying to fly straight through the closed hatch.

Casting the ever-useful blink, and phasing through the hatch.
[roll0] 5 feet of material is a 50% failure chance.

PersonMan
2016-10-24, 01:30 PM
"Too busy, or are none of the other Acolytes to your liking?" Dilaa asks.

Hazuki
2016-10-24, 01:37 PM
Tulip flies through the hatch and finds herself...flying in a rather comfortable living room. It's decorated in warm colors, the stone itself of a grainy and slightly amber hue, with thick materials covering low-hung furniture. The room is centered around an orb, about the size of Dilaa's head, that stands on a pillar in the center of the room. There's also an open door, leading out.

~

"It's not what I do." Eirin shrugs. "My sister's married. Good for her and all, but I'd rather not."