PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Dragonborn and Dragon lord

sadstoryteller
2016-09-19, 11:51 AM
I was digging through the books and found the prestige class dragon lord. The class itself is not the best but it gets draconic auras and levels up as if you have draconic blood.

now my questions relates to this. If you take the standard draconic aura feat it gets stronger per level if you have the dragon blood subtype.
So i guess what i am asking is will the bonus you gain from dragon lord stack in the same manor it does in draconic aura for if you have dracon blood subtype.

My party is split and no one is really clear on which way it falls.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-09-19, 02:57 PM
The class feature and the feat are entirely separate abilities that draw on the same rules. They do not interact in any way.

If you have the feat and the dragonblood subtype, it progresses as the feat describes.

If you are a dragon lord, you gain a separate set of auras that progress as the class feature describes, regardless of your type or subtype. This does not interact with the feat in any way.

BowStreetRunner
2016-09-19, 03:00 PM
The class feature and the feat are entirely separate abilities that draw on the same rules. They do not interact in any way.

If you have the feat and the dragonblood subtype, it progresses as the feat describes.

If you are a dragon lord, you gain a separate set of auras that progress as the class feature describes, regardless of your type or subtype. This does not interact with the feat in any way.

Or to put it another way, since the special circumstances where you get the level progression is only described as part of the feat, it doesn't apply to anything else.