PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder/3rd party] Spheres of Power with intelligent items?

genderlich
2016-09-19, 01:36 PM
I'm currently playing in a game using Spheres of Power in place of all normal magic. We've replaced all traditional casting classes with the given archetypes for converting them to spheres. I, however, rolled up a Swordmaster, a class that gets a progressing intelligent sword as a class feature.

The swordmaster can add powers to his sword based on GP value of the ability. Many of the given powers for intelligent items are based on spellcasting - "cast a 2nd level spell three times per day", for example. But there's nothing given in Spheres of Power about converting intelligent items, and it seems difficult to make something maintaining the GP value system incorporating talents and spell points. Anyone have a fix or any idea how to go about creating one?

khadgar567
2016-09-19, 01:46 PM
well there is no knowledge in book so I like to learn myself to

meemaas
2016-09-19, 02:12 PM
I would suggest checking the magic item creation rules in Spheres for that. Assume the value of the spell level to be a caster level of 2 times spell level minus one, as Vancian, and make a custom item from Craft Wondrous or maybe Craft Wand to determine the price.

Might also wanna check the Spheres ask me anything thread. Adam tends to weigh in on his opinions there.

stack
2016-09-19, 02:51 PM
As said above, there isn't anything official (yet, now that you ask maybe we can add guidelines to the WIP equipment book). I agree with Meemas that following the wondrous item or wand pricing (depending on how you want the item to function, could even go rod for continuous or unlimited use) is your best bet at this point and likely the basis for anything official will happen eventually.

I do not speak for DropDead Studios, but I am freelancing on several projects. My statements are not official DDS statements and should not be construed as anything but speculation from another playgrounder.