PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer swift-blade Help (picking out spells)

Nosta
2016-09-20, 10:38 AM
so I am a level 13 pc who started out as a battle sorcerer and went in to the swift-BLADE CLASS
what i like help with is picking out my spells
I have a very high cha score (34) so i do get a good amount of bonus spells perday
but outside of haste i'm not sure what spell i should take

Darrin
2016-09-20, 11:11 AM
so I am a level 13 pc who started out as a battle sorcerer and went in to the swift-BLADE CLASS
what i like help with is picking out my spells
I have a very high cha score (34) so i do get a good amount of bonus spells perday
but outside of haste i'm not sure what spell i should take

What sourcebooks are available? Online sources OK? How about Dragon Magazine?

What levels did you take? Race? Feats? I can't tell what spell levels/slots you have available.

What tactics do you prefer? BFC or buff/polymorph?

Nosta
2016-09-20, 11:16 AM
What sourcebooks are available? Online sources OK? How about Dragon Magazine?

What levels did you take? Race? Feats? I can't tell what spell levels/slots you have available.

What tactics do you prefer? BFC or buff/polymorph?

all 3.5 and Dragon magazine allowed

I have up to 5th level spells
i like being a self buffing magical swordmen
I took went battle sorcerer and went in to swiftblade at the soonest level i could

ExLibrisMortis
2016-09-20, 02:25 PM
Draconic polymorph. Teleport is a nice one, too, but I think you only get one 5th, and it's better left to utility items.
Dimension door, maybe benign transposition or dimension hop (or is that only a power? I forget).
At least one summon monster spell or equivalent, I or II? At the very least, it's good for trapfinding.
Wraithstrike, bite of the were-X - buff your melee.
Orb of acid - if you really need damage at range.

ShurikVch
2016-09-20, 05:06 PM
If you will take Corrupt Arcana feat, then you will be able to cast Vileblade (Dragon #300) - this spell give you a "Dark Jedi Lightsaber", which count as a +4 unholy longsword (except it doesn't need you to be proficient with longswords);
your Cha mod will be added to attack and damage rolls with it;
all damage is vile damage;
double damage against opposite alignment;
on crit. - enemy is charmed

Darrin
2016-09-21, 01:03 PM
0th [6/8]: Acid Splash, Caltrops (Spell Compendium), Detect Magic, Launch Item (Spell Compendium), Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Stick (Spell Compendium),

1st [6/4]: Benign Transposition (Spell Compendium), Enlarge Person, Fist of Stone (Spell Compendium), Instant Diversion (Races of the Dragon)

2nd [6/3]: Alter Self, Wings of Cover (Races of the Dragon), Wraithstrike (Spell Compendium)

3rd [6/2]: Haste, Heart of Water (Complete Mage)

4th [5/1]: Shadow Conjuration

5th [3/1]: Draconic Polymorph (Draconomicon)