PDA

View Full Version : Gotham Season Three

Pex
2016-09-20, 01:04 PM
They did it again. They changed the premise of the show to something I hardly recognize I'm not sure if I want to keep watching. It's familiar with the same characters, but it's different.

Jim Gordon is a bounty hunter, not a cop.
Fish Mooney is back as a villain with powers.
Barbara is crazy again running a nightclub with Galavant's sister
Penguin teamed up with Butch as the godfather
Bruce Wayne is going after a secret cabal who runs Wayne Enterprises
Selina Kyle pretty much ends her friendship with Bruce and goes full criminal with Fish.
As previewed in the off-season, Ivy gets aged and presumably gets her plant powers.

It's not drastically different like Person Of Interest changing from a detective procedural to spy drama or for me at least the annoyance of Moonlighting changing from a detective procedural to a soap opera, but the differences are there. It's what I'm afraid Dark Matter will do in season three by becoming a war drama in space. I'll give the show a couple of more episodes to see if I can get over it.

dropbear8mybaby
2016-09-20, 05:23 PM
Does anyone else find it creepy that they're sexing up Ivy? The only reason they changed the actress is so they could have her be more "adult". I mean, she'll still essentially be a what? Fourteen year old kid, just in a hot 20 year old's body.

I wonder if the show is losing ratings...

dancrilis
2016-09-20, 11:58 PM
I still think this is one of the better shows around currently, some bits are odd but that is comics for you (I don't get why Butch let Penguin take over again for example - but that is very much how things work in comics).

On Ivy until I saw the episode I didn't know they were aging her up - I think it could go a few ways, it might be a child in an adults body or it might where her brain is fully developed from the aging and so she is more like someone who had amnesia and lost a few years but is still an adult in mental development/reasoning.
Either way it will be somewhat wierd but the second might be less creepy - or more so.

Quild
2016-11-07, 10:06 AM
There were a few things that I found pretty solid in season 2, but the spirit seems to be lost in season 3.

I'm still sick of Fish Mooney and how she manages to always win and keep her confidence.
While Butch was a really interesting character to me, I find that they totally ruined him with the stupid interactions he has with Ed.
About Ed, what's with Isabella? I sure hope there's more into her than just being a totally different person.

About Jervis, well...
The character is interesting, but I wonder why the hypnosis rather than control with technology? Too unrealistic (compared to Alice's blood, lulz?)?
Also he does have the Wonderland touch from nowhere but does not have the 10/6 on his hat?
And he's... tall? Oh, come on!

random11
2016-11-08, 08:25 AM
The problem I have with Jervis is his need to overcomplicate things.

Just look at all the risks he took last episode:
Steal Alice's body and drain blood
Buy dangerous material from a poisoner and kill him on the way
Sneak into the founders party and poison their drinks
And after all this... Point a gun at them and force them to drink the poison :smallmad:

What, rat poison was not symbolic enough for you?
And if you do use this specific poison, why not just wait when they drink the wine?
If you intend to force them to drink it at gunpoint anyway, why all the facade? Just dip bullets in the blood and shoot the bastards...

In a more general view, EVERYONE in this show is stupid and almost every success or failure of any character is attributed for complete lack of competence of the other side.
Take Alice and her blood as an example: People in biosuits came to take her body, fully knowing how risky her blood is.
And yet, some time after that, enough blood was left in the scene that can still drip in someone's eye.
Not to mention that after all this effort her dangerous corpse was taken to a regular morgue and no special precautions were taken.

lailahussain889
2016-11-29, 06:57 AM
Mostly i do watch "Game of Thrones" "Flash" but now on the request of my friend going to watch Gotham as well. Lets c. how interesting is this.

Quild
2016-11-29, 08:32 AM
In a more general view, EVERYONE in this show is stupid and almost every success or failure of any character is attributed for complete lack of competence of the other side.

There's a lot of that and I find it really upsetting with Nygma these days.

Butch's plan with the Red Hood Gang was stupid.
Nygma blackmailing Butch after to trick him managed to be way more stupid.
Isabella's death is really bad story.
Nygma finding Butch because he ordered his favorite meal while hidden is ridiculous
And in the end, Nygma managed to survive Butch's and Barbara's wrath?

MikelaC1
2016-11-30, 02:22 PM
The last half of the fall finale is more of an exercise in stupidity. They test Falcone for the virus and he comes up negative. There is an easy way to beat the test and his blood shows clearly that the masking agent is in him at off the chart levels...and the doc forgets to mention this until 5 hours later??????

Ranxerox
2016-12-06, 12:18 PM
The last half of the fall finale is more of an exercise in stupidity. They test Falcone for the virus and he comes up negative. There is an easy way to beat the test and his blood shows clearly that the masking agent is in him at off the chart levels...and the doc forgets to mention this until 5 hours later??????

No the doctor didn't forget to mention that the test could be masked. The doctor never even considered that someone would ever try to mask the test. It wasn't until Lucius Fox pressed on the issue of could a negative result be faked would the doctor give any thought to how a person might go about cheating the test. Sorry, this is a brand new test devised on the quick. Figuring all the ins and outs of a diagnostic test can take years.