We are starting at lvl 4 so I was thinking about going

Gunslinger 3/ Inquisitor 1

then

Gunslinger 5/ Inquisitor X

MM gives me a free feat
So the idea was to go:

1-Rapid Reload, Point-Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
3-Deadly Aim
5-Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (gunslinger bonus)

This cover the basis for ranged

Now, I have no idea about Inquisitor
What domain or inquisition should I choose?
Should I use a pistol instead of a musket? That opens up interesting opportunities (Intimidate and an earlier focus on Inquisitor since I don't need Fast Musket to reload as a free action) but it soaks feats and it forces me to get closer to the enemies. Any suggestion on the build?

Geddy2112
2016-09-20, 02:10 PM
So you are going gunslinger for dex to damage, and since you are investing in guns enough I assume you want to use a gun in combat most/all of your career. So a bit less spellcasting?

Inquisitors are incredibly versatile-you have your pick of any domain and inquisition. Most are good, just depends on what exactly you want to do. Buff your shooting more with judgements and buff spells? Face? Skillmonkey? Use other spells in combat and gun backup? You mentioned intimidate, so maybe face/dazzling display or something?

Pistol vs musket is the tradeoff you stated-neither is really right or wrong, just depends on what you wanna do. If you could give us a bit better idea of your concept then it would be easier to point you in a direction instead of blindly suggesting domains and such.

Psyren
2016-09-20, 02:10 PM
I assume you're Human?

Personally, instead of a Gunslinger dip I'd go for Black Powder Inquisition (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/inquisitions/inquistions---paizo/black-powder-inquisition) instead, so that you maintain full Inquisitor progression.

Krazzman
2016-09-20, 03:39 PM
I assume you're Human?

Personally, instead of a Gunslinger dip I'd go for Black Powder Inquisition (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/inquisitions/inquistions---paizo/black-powder-inquisition) instead, so that you maintain full Inquisitor progression.

Seconding that.
Either Black Powder Inquisition and full Inquisitor or for Domains I really liked the Feather Subdomain on my Inquisitor or Travel as I like the gods that grant it so far.

Barstro
2016-09-20, 03:48 PM
I really liked the Feather Subdomain on my Inquisitor or Travel as I like the gods that grant it so far.

I went with a domain that I think was specifically made for the module I played and I STILL think Feather would have been a much better choice.

Adding my name to the list of people suggesting you stay a single class if possible.

Is there a reason you want gunslinger? My standard Inquisitor had obscene amounts of hits and damage with just a +1 Seeking bow (and Greater Magic Weapon).

MindTheGap97
2016-09-20, 04:07 PM
I assume you're Human?

I really want DEX to damage, plus with black powder inquisition I am locked into pistols, get less BAB, lower initiative and less feats, inquisitor is there mainly for Banes and Judgements to snag extra damage, plus a little bit of spellcasting when needed.

The role of this character should be that of the ranged striker, dealing a reasonable amount of damage at range without being a boring Archer Fighter

Psyren
2016-09-20, 04:31 PM
I really want DEX to damage, plus with black powder inquisition I am locked into pistols, get less BAB, lower initiative and less feats, inquisitor is there mainly for Banes and Judgements to snag extra damage, plus a little bit of spellcasting when needed.

As you no doubt know, you don't get Dex to damage until Gunslinger 5. You give up a lot of casting and other benefits for that big a dip, and you're still likely to end up behind the bonus DPR from Greater Bane + Destruction.

The other problem is delaying your progression. Gunslinger 5/Inquisitor 1 means you're going to have 1st-level spells (with CL 1) at level 6, which is nearly useless.

The role of this character should be that of the ranged striker, dealing a reasonable amount of damage at range without being a boring Archer Fighter

Trust me, Inqusitor does plenty of ranged damage without needing Dex to damage - and the extra magic you have from not losing 5 levels will also make a big difference.