PDA

View Full Version : Would this be broken?

NecroDancer
2016-09-20, 03:31 PM
At 6th level a sorcerer may choose to get the tides of chaos ability OR they may gain the ability to spend a spell-slot and roll on the wild magic table 3 times per short rest.

JeenLeen
2016-09-20, 04:30 PM
To clarify: is the alternate ability they spend a spell and immediately roll 3 times, but they can only do this 1/short rest
-OR-
they spend a spell slot, and anytime between now and their next short rest, they can (at their choice for when) roll wild magic, up to 3 times?

...no real opinion on if either is too powerful. Wild magic can hurt or help. I do think it'd be nice to roll on it, since that can refresh your ability to use your level 1 power.

Aembrosia
2016-09-20, 05:03 PM
I hear sad trumpets when I read Bend Luck.

2 sorcery points for a reaction d4 or 2 sorcery points for three spins on the wheel of fortune

Its not broken because you can kill yourself just as easily as you can kill an ally just as easily as you can give yourself a feather beard just as easily as you could summon a unicorn.

Both options are really kinda lame and Bend Luck is objectively better than the proposed alternative.

NecroDancer
2016-09-20, 05:38 PM
To clarify: is the alternate ability they spend a spell and immediately roll 3 times, but they can only do this 1/short rest
-OR-
they spend a spell slot, and anytime between now and their next short rest, they can (at their choice for when) roll wild magic, up to 3 times?

...no real opinion on if either is too powerful. Wild magic can hurt or help. I do think it'd be nice to roll on it, since that can refresh your ability to use your level 1 power.

The PCs can decide

DragonSorcererX
2016-09-20, 05:44 PM
At 6th level a sorcerer may choose to get the tides of chaos ability OR they may gain the ability to spend a spell-slot and roll on the wild magic table 3 times per short rest.

Wild Sorcerer? There is people who play this thing? Why do people choose the wild bullsh*t over having the blood of the master race? (I don't know what green means, but this was supposed to be an acidic offensive opinion)

ad_hoc
2016-09-20, 11:30 PM
Tides of Chaos is more powerful than your new ability.

Getting advantage on a roll up to the number of spell slots you have is very powerful. Wild Sorcerers are very underrated.

Bend Luck is also good. The key is that you get to choose whether to use it after the creature has rolled.