PDA

View Full Version : Does the color change mean anything with Undyne the Undying's arrow attack?

MonkeySage
2016-09-20, 04:26 PM
I'll get a chain of arrows that's easy to block, then they come from all four directions at once, at roughly the same speed and in the same pattern. I can't tell which attack is coming next, and they move so fast I can't tell which is closest; I think it's the red arrow, but then i go to block the red arrow and a blue arrow hits me in the back.

This gets me every single time.

What can I do about it?

Her first attack always hits me twice, and if not for the glasses I'd be hit a lot more.

Lethologica
2016-09-20, 08:12 PM
Some arrows in the later batches have their direction reversed and will circle around you to the correct orientation before striking.

MonkeySage
2016-09-20, 08:50 PM
Yeah, i managed to get the first attack down to one hit, and even managed to evade her tiny box spears. Course, after she finishes her first wave of spear circle attacks, she really lays on the reverse arrows. I've been getting hit... left and right by them...

Starting to adapt a little bit. Usually the red arrows do seem to be the ones that will hit next, but then sometimes the blue arrows are clearly closer, and sometimes i get two red arrows at once and no idea what to do. XD

Forum Explorer
2016-09-21, 12:51 AM
Yeah, i managed to get the first attack down to one hit, and even managed to evade her tiny box spears. Course, after she finishes her first wave of spear circle attacks, she really lays on the reverse arrows. I've been getting hit... left and right by them...

Starting to adapt a little bit. Usually the red arrows do seem to be the ones that will hit next, but then sometimes the blue arrows are clearly closer, and sometimes i get two red arrows at once and no idea what to do. XD

Yeah, the game trains you to think that the red arrows will hit next, and then throw that out the window in this version of the fight. My advice is to ignore the color and just use your own judgement and reflexes to block the closest arrow.

MonkeySage
2016-09-21, 08:57 PM
Alright, I've swapped out tough glove for the torn notebook, and made it to her spear storm attack...not sure what it's called, but it's the one where she throws out a dozen spears in a circle, and they all fly at you at high speed. The attack is somewhat easy to evade, cause the spears don't move immediately, but I'd already used my best heals at this point. But I did manage to get her to less than half health.