PDA

View Full Version : Looking for For Drow Builds

WielderofFlame
2016-09-20, 05:46 PM
Got a DM who's looking to run a game set in Menzoberranzan and is encouraging us to play drow, even went so far as to start us at level 9 with our LA bought off already. In the interest of playing into this mold I am looking for build ideas that are drow-centric if not limited to drow. Looking for flavor more that straight up optimization.
Material - any 3.5 or 3.0 (as long as the 3.0 material didn't get updated or otherwise carried over into 3.5)
Stats - 20,20,18,16,16,16 (we roll d20s for our stats)
I have no character direction yet other than being a drow's drow. Rutheless, cold and calculating.

Mercurion
2016-09-22, 08:36 AM
What type of character are you thinking of playing? Iconically, you could be a female drow cleric, a male soldier/fighty-type or a male arcane caster.

khadgar567
2016-09-22, 08:39 AM
is pathfinder on table if yes then there is lot of classes you can use

Darrin
2016-09-22, 11:58 AM
There are a couple Iron Chef competitions that involved (mostly) drow:

Iron Chef XXXII: Drow Judicator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?243052-Iron-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-in-the-Playground-XXXIII)

Iron Chef LXXIV: Crinti Shadow Marauder (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?458711-Iron-Chef-Optimisation-Challenge-in-the-Playground-LXXIV)

Bluydee
2016-09-22, 12:20 PM
Fang of Lolth is pretty cool, if a little weak, Dread Fang of Lolth less so, though it's good for a 1 level dip. Playing a Drow is an actual time where Lolth-touched makes sense as a template.

Emperor Tippy
2016-09-22, 12:28 PM
With LA already bought off, can you buy off the Dark template as well?

Either way, I would go Invisible Fist Decisive Strike Martial Monk 1/ Factotum 8 and undergo the Ritual of Shadow Walking (Lords of Darkness page 126).

Spend a feat on Bind Vestige and bind Naberius so that you can quickly heal the Constitution damage from RoSW.

If your DM will let you, take Weapon Supremacy for a Short Sword with your Martial Monk feat.

From there I would probably go Ardent 1 and use Practiced Manifester so that you qualify for Psychic Assassin before taking 8 levels of that. Thanks to the way that Ardent's gain powers (based on ML) that would let you (at ECL 18) manifest 5th level Powers, and thanks to Psychic Chirurgery and Spell to Power Erudites that means that you can add all 5th level spells and powers in the game to your list of Powers Known.

I would probably spend the last two levels on Swordsage.