PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Return to ToEE spoilers. Need some help.

Pezofpower
2016-09-20, 07:22 PM
So i'm a 4th level Cleric in a Return to ToEE campaign and I stepped on the grey ooze in the moat house. I'm A zen archer, and it dissolved my bow. Not only do I not have enough gp to refurbish it yet, but the Party seems content to press onward into the Dungeon (we stopped just passed rescuing the potion brewer in the dungeon.)

So I'm looking for a way to continue to play effectively without whining to run back to town.

My Feats are:

Point Blank Shot

Precise shot

Rapid shot.

All Spells from all books are available to me, I'm Chaotic Good alignment, and Channel positive energy. AC is 12 and my character doesn't wear armor for RP reasons.

I should also note that I have 27 bottles of Holy water and 9 alchemist fire's left.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thurbane
2016-09-20, 08:01 PM
Short answer? Ask your party to not be jerks, and let you re-equip. If GP is a problem, see if any of your party can help you out with a loan to at least a basic bow.

Having said that - you're a cleric, so even without your primary weapon, you should do OK.

May have a quiet word in the DMs ear and see if he can "conveniently arrange" for having the next enemy you encounter using an appropriate bow you can have as loot after the fight.

Pezofpower
2016-09-20, 08:05 PM
This is an internet group, so I feel like asking to re-equip will just be detrimental to the fun.

I figured I would be okay, but I was looking for suggestions on how to operate in the interim.

I'm not going to ask for DM favors. I'm okay playing this situation out fairly, I just want to figure out a way to be effective until we go back to town.

Thurbane
2016-09-20, 08:50 PM
Fair enough, I get where you're coming from.

What kind of bow do you normally use? Would anyone in the party have one they could lend you, or some kind of ability to create one (Summon Weapon spell, shapesand etc)?

Pezofpower
2016-09-20, 09:20 PM
Negative, though I was not aware of shapesand being a thing. It's really cheap for what it does.

Its basically me, my spells and the grenades I mentioned.

I was thinking that there might be some cleric spells that would solve this problem, that perhaps I'm not aware of. I may just need to go with inflict for the time being.