PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in The Realms (IC)

Vossler
2016-09-21, 11:26 AM
The party has just arrived in the city of Calimport. As you walk through the magnificent bazar the heat beating down on all of you after traveling through the Calim Desert for the last few days. You hear people calling out different items they have for sale. "Purple worm whistle; get your very own purple worm whistle. "
The party has traveled here after hearing rumors of siting of the dragon Aeglyl Dreadclaw that the party has been hunting recently was seen in this area.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-21, 11:52 AM
Dorian, The Archon of Redemption

Folding his wings tight to his body, to allow him to walk through the streets, he speaks generally to his party. "Where should we start? I'm not exactly inconspicuous, so don't expect me to shake down the back streets for information." He flexes the joints in his wings, to drive home his point.

Draconium
2016-09-21, 12:01 PM
Blade glances over at Dorian, simply staring for a moment. "... You are quite the sight. If we need to 'shake down the back streets,' well... I can do that." He looks around at his companions. "Though we'll probably just end up attracting attention anyways..."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-21, 12:36 PM
Bidziil, who is currently in the form of a lovely half elf, grins at Blade. "Ho! You sbeak for yourzelf, shato loffer. I only attract attenzion ven I vant to."

Bidziil tilts her head and puts a finger to pursed lips, then says, "I zay ve should find one of zem informazion prokers. I ko up and voo him vith mein feminine viles, zen ven he least expects it ze paladin comes in and gets vat ve vant vith ze bretty vords. If he don't cooberate, shneaky guys here chumbs out and shanks vat ve vant out of him."

She lazily scans the crowd. "Nov ve chust need to find ein guy to bry info out of. ! Zo, anyone vant to find ein smart guy?"

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-21, 12:53 PM

"Shanking will not be necessary." Dorian shakes his head disapprovingly. "But the rest of the plan, I approve of. Do your work, Bidiil." He raises an eyebrow. "Blade, how about you and I find a place to put up for the night, while we wait. We'd hinder Bidziil if we tagged along, and though I don't sleep, you all surely do."

Draconium
2016-09-21, 12:59 PM
Blade closed his eyes. "Very well. I do not wish to linger, so let us be off." With that, he stalked off into town, to find a place to sleep.

Vossler
2016-09-21, 01:04 PM
As Dorian and blade head off to one of the other wards they find a inn called the "Copper Ante" and Bidziil is left alone in the open marketplace.

Snowbluff
2016-09-21, 02:03 PM
Mendacium

Mendacium, currently possessing the sword Whitesong, doesn't speak up, but merely waits for an opportunity to give advice.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-21, 03:37 PM
Bidziil shrugs as the others wander off, then begins her prowl for information about Aeglyl Dreadclaw's whereabouts.

Taking 20 on Gather Information for a result of...20 (I really should put a few ranks into that). Changeling rogue racial sub reduces gather info time to [roll0]x10min (max roll, of course :smallsigh:. 16 hours to find that out. This had better get some decent info EDIT:
@Bidziil
After a few minutes in the bazaar you pointed to a merchant who has seen the dragon.
Or decent info in a few minutes, that works for me. I guess our merciful DM is ensuring LP's mistake of splitting the party doesn't keep us apart for the next 16 hours :smalltongue:)

Just in case that isn't enough, Dorian, could you do something useful with that 28 Charisma and roll some gather info of your own?

Snowbluff
2016-09-21, 03:52 PM
Mendacium

"Now that the girl with the ridiculous accent has left, I was able to think for a moment," Mendacium tells the other two members of her team via telepathy. "I would be quite adept at finding any particularly intelligent operative and extracting information from them, thanks to my telepathy and natural talent for seeking the truth," she continues, emphasizing her capacity for good.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-21, 04:17 PM

Dorian requests a three rooms at the Copper Ante and, assuming he gets them, he will change into more casual clothing. Something akin to a military officer's uniform, sword still on his hip, which is fairly casual for Dorian. "Why don't you see what you can gather off the barkeep, Blade. I'll try the bar maid. Drunken men of all colors and posts love a good barmaid."

Dorian's outside demeanor changes entirely, as he waltzes across the bar and looks for a younger, more impressionable barmaid, "accidentally" bumping into her, but catching her before she falls. He'll spread his wings dramatically, in a protective manner. "I'm so sorry, my lady." He feigns. "You're not hurt are you?" He smiles charmingly.

Oh, most certainly. :smallamused:

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Bluff
[roll1]

Reflex (If needed.)
[roll2]

Edit:
Well at least you can't crit fail. I look like an idiot for bumping into her, but at least I'm a charming idiot with good reflexes and angelic wings. I've also got a halo. Let me find a pic...

Heh, Swordsage'd by Snow.

Snowbluff
2016-09-21, 04:21 PM
Mendacium / "Whitesong"

"Okay, seriously? That was so blatantly staged. Not only did you lie, you also made a huge scene," Mendacium imparts. "I am very dissapointed in you. Couldn't you act like a normal, civilized individual, you idiot?"

She then proceeds to scan the room with her mindsight, looking for the most intelligent people.

Vossler
2016-09-21, 05:37 PM
@Bidziil
After a few minutes in the bazaar you pointed to a merchant who has seen the dragon. He tells you were his caravan was attacked at and were a few others have been attacked at all in the same general area.He describes it as a great beast that was all pointy and breath smelled of flesh. Which sounds about right.
@Dorian
The barmaid says "No it is my fault sir I should of been paying attention to my surroundings." Blushing all the way as she returns to her work.
@Menda
You sense quite a few intelligent individuals in this room. The highest intelligent one appears to be a Human male roughly 5'11 with a slight limp in his left leg, a scraggly black goatee, and a long scar across he left eye.

Snowbluff
2016-09-21, 06:22 PM
Menda / "Whitesong"

"Okay, that's enough of that," Dorian's sword tells Dorian. "Now if you want some real information try flirting the limping man with the goatee."

Draconium
2016-09-21, 07:31 PM
Blade simply went up to the barkeep and glared at him. "You. Tell me what you know of Aeglyl Dreadclaw. Now."

Intimidate check: [roll0]

BilltheCynic
2016-09-21, 08:11 PM
After getting some general information surprisingly quickly, Bidziil set out to find where her companions had gone. He ducked in and out of a few abandoned alleys along the way, just in case.

Vossler
2016-09-21, 09:25 PM
@Blade
the barkeep seems surprised at your attitude and tells you that he's unable to help you.
@dorian and Menda
if you approach the man he introduces himself as Jaris

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-21, 11:23 PM

Dorian will indeed walk over to the man, while mentally communicating with his sword. All part of the plan, Mendy.

"Well met, Jaris. You look like a man with a story or two." Dorian says with an air of caution, while raising his eyebrow.

Snowbluff
2016-09-22, 12:20 AM
Mendacium / "Whitesong"

"Non sequitur. I'd like to know how wasting your time battering bar maids has gotten us any closer to our object. I don't know if you can see it but I'm rolling my mind's eye," she tells Dorian. "Oh, maybe try some diplomacy with him? He doesn't look like the type who would give up what he knows freely."

Vossler
2016-09-22, 02:25 AM
Jaris slowly looks Dorian and Blade up and down, paying attention to your more unusual features. He says "And you look like people who are handy in a fight. Good. I heard your shadow friend asking about Aeglyl Dreadclaw. Small world. That's the same dragon that razed my parent's caravan twenty years ago. You guys trying to kill that worm? I want in. I can lead you to where it's been last seen and help bring it down. Don't really care about a share in it's hoard. The chance at revenge is enough for me."

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 09:41 AM
Dorian, The Archon of Redmption

After Jaris speaks, Dorian replies to Mendacium mentally. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm smiling with my mind's mouth. Dorian's face shows no surprise, but he reaches out to Jaris for a handshake. "Well then. That's quite generous of you, sir." He furrows his eyebrows. "Let me collect my companions and allow them a night's rest. It's been a long and arduous journey through the desert."

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Sense Motive
[roll1]

Vossler
2016-09-22, 10:34 AM
Dorian, The Archon of Redmption

After Jaris speaks, Dorian replies to Mendacium mentally. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm smiling with my mind's mouth. Dorian's face shows no surprise, but he reaches out to Jaris for a handshake. "Well then. That's quite generous of you, sir." He furrows his eyebrows. "Let me collect my companions and allow them a night's rest. It's been a long and arduous journey through the desert."

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Sense Motive
[roll1]

You sense that he's lying about his motive of wanting to accompany you.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 10:43 AM

He's lying. Dorian puts on a more professional face and stands tall. "Let's be honest with each other, Jaris." Dorian stares into Jaris' eyes. "Anyone who has felt dragon fear before, would not be so eager to feel it again, even to avenge their loved ones. So tell me, Jaris. What is your true motive."

Snowbluff
2016-09-22, 11:21 AM
Medancium

"Right," she sends back. She manifests Read Thoughts (DC 21), probing the man.

Vossler
2016-09-22, 01:39 PM
Jaris shifts uncomfortably in his seat and says, "Well, maybe I care a little about that dragon's hoard."
@menda
As you attempt to probe into the mans mind you find it blocked with a iron will.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 01:44 PM

Sense Motive:
[roll0]

Snowbluff
2016-09-22, 01:58 PM
Mendacium / "Whitesong"

"Hmph. He's resisting my probe," Mendacium tells Dorian. "Of course, I have found a strong ally. If not, we have found an enemy to defeat or draw information from. Try sensing his alignment."

Sense motive [roll0]

Vossler
2016-09-22, 04:52 PM
From what you can tell he does not appear to be lying about having a interest in the dragon's hoard and you can't quite discern his alignment other than the fact that he does not appear evil.

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 05:08 PM

"Now we're doing buisness." Dorian smiles. He isn't evil. Clearing his throat and looking around, Dorian finishes. "As I said before, let's wait for my final party member to arrive, then we will discuss departure time and partition of any gold to be split. I have a contract available to any extension of our party." Dorian will then, seemingly out of nowhere, hand him a contract (https://docs.google.com/document/d/17W4EuV6d04DXL6q-l8zeq0c3jCeHRJgKliDXS_wnRnk/edit?usp=sharing).

Don't mess with the Law.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-22, 06:11 PM
Jaris takes the contract and starts skimming it. His eyes glaze before he gets to the second page. He looks up at Dorian and throws the contract back onto the table. "This is how you respond to aid freely offered? Vat the bamboozle, Acht-ving? You chust let me help in killink zee drakon! Come on, pretty please? Vith ein delicious cherry on zee top?"

Snowbluff
2016-09-22, 06:32 PM
Mendacium / "Whitesong"

"Ohohohoho!" Mendiacium magically laughs in Bidzii's and Dorian's minds. "Ah yes, I do know how to pick them. You had us going there! She's a keeper!" she continues jovially. For some reason dishonesty to seems to excite the weapon. Mendacium pauses for a second. "Wait... that's means we're back at square one! Ms. Bidzii, we've a project to finish!"

BilltheCynic
2016-09-22, 06:49 PM
Bidziil smiles. "It's 'Mr. Bidziil' now, Schmarty Schvord."

He pauses, then shrugs and makes slight changes to his form. The goatee disappears, the scar becomes much more faded, and the body and face become much more feminine. Her messy hair also grows a bit longer in the back. Zough if you vant me to be 'miss' I'd be happy to oblige. And ve aren't back to zee first square. I uzed mein feminine viles to get zome of zem merchant people talking. Zey told me of ein place zat the drakon has been raiding zee caraffans. Ve ko zere, ve find the drakon, ve kill it, zen ve roast it, add ein bit of loffely zeazoning, and feast for ein veek! "

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 06:54 PM
Dorian

Dorian smiles widely with pride. "Oh, now that is amusing." He tosses a gold piece at Bidiil. "I was going to bet you that Jarvis wouldn't make it a week on the road, now I am convinced otherwise." He pats Mendacium affectionately. "So what can you tell us, Jarvis?"

BilltheCynic
2016-09-22, 07:04 PM
Bidziil looks at Dorian quizzically. "Vas vhat I chust tolt hyu not enough. I know vhere zee drakon is raiding zee caravans, vee go zhere, vee hunt zee drakon, zen vee schank, schmite, und claw/bite it. Vhat more do hyu vant?"

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-22, 07:08 PM
Dorian

Dorian matches the quizzical impression with his own. "Perhaps a general location? I imagine there are plenty of caravans around here." He crosses his arms. "Or is it difficult to describe? You know what, I'll just trust you to lead us there. Sorry, I'm used to being in charge of a lot of people who have to detail a report. You've done well enough already, Biziil."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-22, 07:17 PM
Bidziil's face lights up with a sudden idea. Ho! I could lead us zhere und track it down, but maybe it vill be easier to get zee drakon to hunt us! Vee chust find ein caravan zhat's going zhat vay, hire ourzelves on as zee guards, zhen ven zee drakon hunts zee caravan, vee hunt zee drakon! Now vee chust need to find ein caravan goink zhere...

The precise info I got on the matter is this:

After a few minutes in the bazaar you pointed to a merchant who has seen the dragon. He tells you were his caravan was attacked at and were a few others have been attacked at all in the same general area.He describes it as a great beast that was all pointy and breath smelled of flesh. Which sounds about right.
I'm assuming this is enough to lead them there. Though tagging along with bait a caravan might be easier than tracking down the dragon ourselves

Do the DM: is there a specific landmark, name, or whatnot of or near the place the dragon has been raiding?

Snowbluff
2016-09-22, 07:28 PM
Mendacium / "Whitegood"

"Ah, much more suitable Ms. Bidziil! That is the look of a an adventurer on the side of good!" Menda says a bit too excitedly. "Of course, your 'feminine viles' were much more useful that your scary goatee, I'll tell you that. Of course, I could be misinterpreting due to that... charming accent of yours."

Vossler
2016-09-22, 10:17 PM
yes it is enough information to get u a general area and from what you heard from the merchant it is a well traveled route so you might even be able too pick up a protection detail.

Draconium
2016-09-23, 01:02 PM
"At any rate," Blade said, sounding rather bored, "are we going to travel there today, or rest tonight and travel tomorrow? That is the question we need to ask ourselves at the moment."

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-23, 01:08 PM
Dorian

"I do not sleep." He nods. "We rest if you need it."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-23, 03:57 PM
Bidziil looks at the two aghast. "Rest?! Hyu two talk about rest vhen zhere iz a drakon to kill? Nein! Zee day iz still young, und zee caravans iz leavink soon. Zee longer ve delay, zee more pipple zhat drakon getz too eat op. Ve go startink vis zee vyrm killink now!"

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-23, 04:02 PM
Dorian

"Blade, your input? I will not have a tired soldier do battle on my watch." Dorian pats the shapeshifter on the head. "I do appreciate your enthusiasm, Bidiil." If Blade agrees to leave now, Dorian will have no complaints.

Draconium
2016-09-24, 02:01 PM
Blade stays silent for a moment. "... There is no point in chasing after the dragon if the shapeshifter and I collapse from exhaustion before we find it. I say we should rest now. We'll still be more than capable of tracking it tomorrow."

BilltheCynic
2016-09-24, 03:14 PM
Bidziil rolls her eyes, though she's interrupted mid-roll by a huge yawn. "Ach, fine, vee schleeps tonight, zhen tomorrow vee hunt. Hyu gotz a room for us?"

Vossler
2016-09-24, 03:29 PM
@loyalpaladin i forgot it was 1 gold piece for three rooms. Also if you have a way to protect the party from con damage it may be useful.
After a nights rest you awaken to a dawn and the temperature outside is around low 90's

LoyalPaladin
2016-09-24, 03:30 PM
Dorian

"That we did." Dorian will hand over keys to Bidziil. "Rest easy, I'll be watching all night."

Gotcha. I'll check my spell list right now.

Vossler
2016-09-24, 03:35 PM
Dorian

"That we did." Dorian will hand over keys to Bidziil. "Rest easy, I'll be watching all night."

Gotcha. I'll check my spell list right now.

sheltered vitality is a third level cleric spell.

BilltheCynic
2016-09-24, 04:00 PM
Bidziil takes the key and goes to bed for the night.

When she wakes up the next morning, she changes shape once again. He becomes a man, tall and gaunt with an unnerving, hungry stance. Cloth bandages cover his face save for his two bloodshot eyes, and skilled manipulation of his skin color and magical vestment make it look like shadows are clinging and swirling around him.

He walks downstairs to the barkeep, slaps a silver piece on the bar, and glares at him. "You! Get me a mug of ale. Now."

When he sees the others he simply stares at them for a moment. "Don't interrupt me. I'm in the middle of my morning brooding."

Just reminding everyone that we do have an OOC thread for OOC discussion (which I can't post in right now because it would be a double-post).

Disguise check: Taking 10 +10 from Minor Shapechange +13 skill bonus = 33
(Not that I think most people will have trouble figuring out it's a disguise, though :smalltongue:)

Draconium
2016-09-24, 04:17 PM
The actual Blade, who was currently standing in the corner of the room, eyed his doppelganger with amusement. Well, he thought, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Hide Check: [roll0]

Using my Hide in Plain Sight ability. 'Course, Menda won't have any trouble pinpointing me, but it might still be amusing. :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2016-09-24, 09:56 PM
Mendacium / "Whitesong"

The blade who is an actual blade (but not really) watches with amusement as one Blade sneaks up to the other Blade.

I am a utility based device. :smalltongue:

Vossler
2016-09-27, 03:28 AM
As the part heads out they have a choice to make to hire on to a caravan or to go wandering around the desert.

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-01, 12:11 AM
Dorian

Is there a reason that we've always got to make a scene? Dorian telepathically communicates to Mendacium. He smirks ever so slightly watching one Blade catch on to the other.

Dorian will spearhead the journey to be hired on as protection for a caravan, thinking their appearance would probably speak for itself.

Snowbluff
2016-10-01, 12:15 AM
Mendacium/ "Whitesong"

Mendacium would shrug if she wasn't a sword. "I'm not doing anything. I'm just a sword. It's up to you to sort them out if you don't like it."

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-01, 12:19 AM
Dorian

They're not doing anything wrong. Let them have their fun. Then we fight the dragon. His smirk expands a little and he'll wait for the outcome of whatever his two Blades are doing.

Snowbluff
2016-10-01, 12:25 AM
Mendacium/ "Whitesong"

"Oh, I do believe you were joking. Please be more clear in the future. I can't see your expressions from down here," Mendacium complains.

BilltheCynic
2016-10-01, 12:29 AM
Bidziil sits sipping ale, looking rather bored, though he coldly stares down who meets his gaze. He nods to Dorian and Menda and slowly sweeps his gaze across the room. So, our fourth party member planning on joining us anytime soon?

Not even going to bother rolling spot to spot Blade, since even with a nat 20 he won't beat that hide check. I sure do hope the real Blade doesn't show off that stupidly high stealth modifier on poor Bidziil :smallwink:

Draconium
2016-10-01, 12:53 AM
"I don't know," Blade replied coolly, wrapping an arm casually around his double's shoulders as he lightly fingered his sword. To everyone that hadn't noticed him before, he seemed to materialize out of thin air. "Is she?"

Move Silently roll to sneak up of Bidziil: [roll0]

Vossler
2016-10-01, 05:01 AM
As the party is gathering around to head out of the inn (1gp from dorian for the 3 rooms) Biidzil recognizes the merchant he learned of the dragon from entering the tavern.

BilltheCynic
2016-10-01, 09:47 AM
Bidziil had always prided himself on having exceptional senses. He was used to being the one who knew about the target before his own presence was ever known. So when Blade practically materializes right behind him, Bidziil is taken completely by surprise, something he is not used to. He yelps and jumps up ten feet. He twists in midair and his form begins to shift to react to this new presence. His body grows and widens into an oval shape, and his skin becomes chitinous plating. His eyes grotesquely pop out of his head onto stalks, and his legs split into ten spear-like legs. Twin tentacles erupt from each oversized arm that ends in massive claws. He lands as if ready to fight, but comically freezes as soon as he recognizes Blade

"Ach! Shatto-luffer. I, uh, I knew hyu vas zhere zee whole times. I vas just, eh, showink off. Ya."*

Thoroughly embarrassed, Bidziil shifts back into a humanoid form, choosing the female half-elf she'd been in when they'd first come to the city. As she's shifting, she notices the merchant she'd spoken to about the dragon attacks in the tavern. Bidziil's face lights up, both for the opportune moment to find a bait caraffan and for the chance to change the subject off of her.

She sends to the group through Menda's telepathy, "Ho! Zhat iz zee merchant zhat vas talkink to me about zee drakon attackink heez caraffan. Vee haz found zee drakon bait!"

Bidziil demurely walks up to merchant, her graceful half-elven form a sharp contrast to the monstrous crustacean she was just moments earlier. She says, "Excuze me, merchant guy. Ve talked yesterday about zhat nasty drakon attackink your caraffan. Vould you be interested in hirink zome guards to protect your guds on zee dangerous trip?"

Using Warshaper's multimorph to wildshape into a monstrous crab (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040221a) (yes, that crab) as a free action, and using morphic weapons as a move action to grow four tentacles. I'm not going to bother showing his stats in crab form, since it is purely for rp right now. After that, shift back into a forest troll and use changeling Minor Shapeshift to look like a lofely half-elf maiden (stats for forest troll form on sheet).

*I'm going to go ahead and give Bidziil a -15 circumstance modifier to that bluff check: [roll0]

Vossler
2016-10-01, 02:09 PM
The merchant looks at you all and says" I'd love to have you all on board. I was coming to look for a few guards for a trip I am planning."

Snowbluff
2016-10-01, 02:21 PM
Mendacium/ "Whitesong"

"Oh, this is very good. No innocents doing anything other than their business will be harmed," Mendacium tells the party.

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-01, 09:45 PM
Dorian

Dorian pats the sword affectionately. That is our ideal situation, isn't it? He reaches his hand out to the merchant. "My name is Dorian, I'd be happy to come aboard as your 'bodyguard'."

Vossler
2016-10-02, 12:15 AM
The merchant nods. and says;"I can't offer much in return due to losing my last few shipments I'd be able to pay more on arrival and goods sold to prospective buyers. If that interests you."

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-02, 02:24 AM
Dorian

The angel-like man smiles. "Do not worry. The dragon should be payment enough." He winks.

Draconium
2016-10-02, 02:38 AM
"Speak for yourself," Blade interjects dryly. "If you're good at something, you never do it for free."

BilltheCynic
2016-10-02, 05:42 PM
Bidziil quietly sighs in relief that no one is focusing on her embarrassing reaction. Truth be told, she's rather surprised how easily everyone brushed off a guy suddenly turning into a giant crab in the middle of a tavern. Calimshan must be quite accustomed to some really weird stuff.

In response to the others speaking of payment, she speaks up, "Vell, if ve meet zee drakon zen riddink zee vorld of zat menace vill be zadisfyink, especially to zee palatin, but ve ken alzo be zatisfied in ein chob dun vell and ein small payment for zee zerffices, ya?"

To the others she sends via Menda's telepathy, "Shotop about zee drakon hunt! Zee drakon haz been doink lots of raidink, it is collectink lots of guds, ya? Ve kill zee drakon, vee gets zee loot too! But if ossers are hearink about zee killed drakon, zhen vee haz competition to be lootink it, and vee don't vant zhat."

Vossler
2016-10-02, 05:53 PM
The merchant nods and says again; "I can pay you each 100 platinum pieces now and on arrival after goods are sold i could pay you an additional 100 platinum pieces each."

Draconium
2016-10-02, 05:58 PM
Blade nodded, looking pleased at the offer. "Agreed."

BilltheCynic
2016-10-02, 08:07 PM
"Vun hundred platnems? Eh, I guess zhat iz okeh."

Telapthically Bidziil asks, Zhat iz a good amount, ya? I'm not uzed to zhis money schtuff."

Snowbluff
2016-10-02, 10:20 PM
Mendacium/ "Whitesong"

"It's a decent amount of money," Mendacium send to the team.

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-03, 09:37 AM
Dorian

"We have an accord, it would appear." Dorian nods and reaches out to shake the merchant's hand. "Your name?"

Vossler
2016-10-03, 12:29 PM
"The names Elmar; if you would come to my store in a few hours it would be greatly appreciated."

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-03, 12:30 PM
Dorian

Dorian will indeed arrive at his store in exactly two hours. Where he will wait patiently for more information or to depart.

BilltheCynic
2016-10-03, 12:59 PM
Bidziil decides to take the few hour window to do a bit of shopping. She goes to a weapons merchant and requests a specially and specifically crafted ornamental longsword. She once again changes her form...

Exactly three hours after talking to the merchant, Dorian walks into the merchant store...again. He carries his trademark sword easily on his hip, though it is without any magic. Dorian looks at Dorian, who had arrived an hour earlier, and nods. "Ah, good, I have already arrived."

Paying 115 gp for a masterwork longsword crafted to look identical to Mendacium.

338 gp-115 gp=223 gp

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-03, 01:22 PM
Dorian

Dorian, who is amused with Dorian's sudden presence, smiles. "Ah, Dorian, I'm pleased to see you made it. You're a little late, though. A paladin should always be punctual."

Vossler
2016-10-03, 02:33 PM
The merchant staring back and forth between the two of you come over and hands 100 platinum pieces to each of you. He says; "We shall be heading out shortly before the sun hits its highest point it would do well for you to remember to not travel during the hottest parts of the day when you are in the desert."

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-03, 03:39 PM
Dorian

"I will take that into account." Dorian nods.

Dorian is prepared to leave, so whenever the caravan leaves, Dorian is ready.

BilltheCynic
2016-10-03, 09:15 PM
"Late? He said to meet him in a few hours. I arrived in exactly three hours. Punctual, just as Red Knight demands."

Bidziil turns to Elmar, briefly shifting into an Asherati as he does so. "Vait, aren't hyu zee vun settink zee shkedule of zee travel? It iz hyur carvavan. Good advice for zee statics ov courze. Zhey are limited to only vun form. It must be so borink."

Bidziil shifts back into Dorian's hell-marked form, ready to go when Elmar is.

Draconium
2016-10-04, 10:55 PM
Blade took this moment to enter. Later than any other member of the party, but at least he had arrived. If looked at questioningly for his tardiness, he simply gives a non-committal shrug.

Vossler
2016-10-04, 11:19 PM
Elmar looks at the three of you and says; "Now that you are here we are ready to go." As he leads you outside to a large wagon drawn by four camels with three extra camels tied to the back with riding saddles on them. He gestures saying that those are for the three of you to use. You travel for a few hours and are finally in the dunes of the desert when you take your first break.
I'll let party decide watches and such and allow for spot checks during those watches.

BilltheCynic
2016-10-05, 01:08 PM
Bidziil declines the camel, instead shifting his form to that of a large, vicious looking vulture and flying with the caravan. That night, with Dorian volunteering to take watch, he asks to be telepathically awoken if they are attacked and told where the enemy's location. Then he turns into a dire badge, burrows twenty feet underground, then turns into a gargoyle to rest without needing to breathe.

Traveling as a Dire Vulture (Sandstorm 195).
Str 20, Dex 13, Con 29, Init +1, AC 27, 20 ft speed, fly 80 ft (average)

Turning into a Dire Badge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/direBadger.htm) to burrow underground (not gonna post Bidziil's new stats since it is just for burrowing)

Turning into a Gargoyle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/gargoyle.htm) so I don't need to breathe while sleeping underground
Str 19, Dex 14, Con 22, Init +1, AC 25, 40 ft speed, 60 ft fly (average), 2 claws 1d4+2, 1 bite 1d6+2, 1 gore 1d6+2

LoyalPaladin
2016-10-05, 01:31 PM
Dorian

Dorian dismounts his camel. "This is quite the excursion. I am excited to meet this dragon."

He will keep watch that night and alert* his party if there are any signs of trouble.

*Warning Shout (SpC, pg. 236)