PDA

View Full Version : Green Arrow: Rebirth

Quiver
2016-09-21, 01:23 PM
Starting a topic because, honestly, of all the Rebirth books DC is publishing, I find myself fascinated by this one the most.

I'm not saying it's the best; far from it. It interests ne because, seven issues in, I still have no idea how good or bad it is.

It's a major step-up from Percy's pre-Rebirth work, certainly. The more cartoon-like artstyle fit's his take on things; the grim, gritty art they had going before the relaunch made his corny dialogue come across worse.

There still is stilted dialogue, or things that stand out as odd...but they fit much more in the broader colour-palette and semi-caricature style they've got these days.

So... I'm still in. I've wanted a good Green Arrow comic since Lemire, and Percy's hasn't done anything to make me drop the book yet. But it's so weird to not know what I think of it, this far into the series.

Anyone else checking it out?

Ranxerox
2016-09-21, 10:11 PM
I've been enjoying the DC Rebirth a lot and that includes Green Arrow.

My experience with Green Arrow goes back to Mike Grell's run on the series and that shapes my expectations of who Oliver Queen should be. I expect him to be a man for all seasons; a fighter in time of war and lover in time of peace, the life of the party and the one who grieves the hardest, a complete ass at times but also the kindest person you could ever want to meet.

Well, DC Rebirth's Oliver Queen isn't Mike Grell's Oliver Queen but at least he feels like he could grow into being that guy in time. So, I'm reasonably happy with the portrayal. Also, the fact that it comes out twice a month so I never have to wait long for the next issue is also very cool.