PDA

View Full Version : Player Help ASI vs. specific feat for a drow

Feuerphoenix
2016-09-22, 04:26 AM
Hey fellas :)

Very soon a new campaign will start at my friend's table and as he allowed me to test play my homebrewed oath ( see signature) I was thinking about making some things a little bit different. So I chose a drow with a spy background and made him a DEX Paly.

But here comes the thing: I missed the first session and so friends told me the campain is taking place in the shadow fell. So I asked our DM how his shadowfell looks like, especially towards the sun, as it is not present normaly. In this world, he wanted to have something similar like the sun is not direcly there but its light is still present, and was even thinking about exchanging the sun light sensivity with "bright light sensivity".

I am a little bit torn apart, how I should manage my character now. These are very harsh cobnditions to follow, and as we start with LV 4, I am looking forward to either make a ASI or get a feat.

We roll the stats, and assuming to several calculations I assume that at least one 18 will be under them. Under the circumstance that my character may have a hard time, should I try to get my DEX up to 20 or get the lucky feat to become more flexible with my sensivity?