PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Extra Evolution Feat Question

thecrimsondawn
2016-09-22, 09:50 PM
This is not making any sense to me.

Prerequisites: Eidolon class feature.

Benefit: Your eidolon’s evolution pool increases by 1.

Special: This evolution can be taken once at 1st level, and again at 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th.

The first thing I see wrong with this is that you dont get feats, outside of maybe bonus feats from other classes on even levels. As such, being able to take this at lv 10 and 20 make little sense. I can understand 10, as I can just take it at Lv11, but lv20 - you get no feat. You would have to cross class or something to get it.

That makes me think that this kinda feat is for your Eidolon and not you, and this would make far more sense since they get feats of their own, however the prerequisites say Eidolon class feature. Obviously your Eidolon does not have his own feature.

Was there any ratta on this, or clarification?

grarrrg
2016-09-22, 10:02 PM
It's shouldn't be too much trouble to just not pick a feat at level 19 and wait until you are actually level 20.

Retraining exists.

This isn't the stupidest 'level restriction' I've seen.
As quick examples, I do believe Leadership was still originally level 6 in PF. Then they realized "oh yeah, no feats that level" and bumped it to a level 7 requirement.
Likewise, the Squire feat originally said level 4, and was FAQ-rattad to be level 3.

thecrimsondawn
2016-09-22, 10:42 PM
It's shouldn't be too much trouble to just not pick a feat at level 19 and wait until you are actually level 20.

Retraining exists.

This isn't the stupidest 'level restriction' I've seen.
As quick examples, I do believe Leadership was still originally level 6 in PF. Then they realized "oh yeah, no feats that level" and bumped it to a level 7 requirement.
Likewise, the Squire feat originally said level 4, and was FAQ-rattad to be level 3.

Is it raw that you can hold off on picking a feat up? If so, this will change a whole lot about how I make builds. These rules you are talking about are under retraining? I have work early in the morning, so I will need to look it up a bit later, but thanks for this information!

Psyren
2016-09-22, 10:50 PM
Is it raw that you can hold off on picking a feat up? If so, this will change a whole lot about how I make builds. These rules you are talking about are under retraining? I have work early in the morning, so I will need to look it up a bit later, but thanks for this information!

Not sure what you mean by "hold off."

Simply put, Retraining uses your current character to qualify for the options you select, even if those options were originally taken on a previous version of your character. For example, a Rogue 2 can retrain his first-level feat into Weapon Focus, even though he didn't have enough BAB back when he originally got that feat; what matters is that he has enough BAB now, therefore he can choose it.