PDA

View Full Version : Faerie or Feywilds

j_spencer93
2016-09-23, 12:57 AM
Ok so i came across the demiplane Faerie, and as far as i can tell it is seperate from the Feywilds....anyone able to clarify this for me, or give me hints where to find more information about faerie?

Ninja_Prawn
2016-09-23, 02:11 AM
Ok so i came across the demiplane Faerie, and as far as i can tell it is seperate from the Feywilds....anyone able to clarify this for me, or give me hints where to find more information about faerie?

See page 49 of the DMG. I believe 'The Plane of Faeire' was what the Feywild was called before 4th edition.

If you're interested in fey stuff, you might want to check out my Forests and Faeries (https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3crmpfdbc5u5x5/Fey%20Creatures%20Complete.pdf?dl=0) supplement. ^_^

j_spencer93
2016-09-23, 05:58 PM
See thats what I thought too. Was just making sure they weren't different (found another forum which said they were).

Socratov
2016-09-24, 03:36 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that in recent times urban fantasy has taken a turn towards Fearie. I am reminded of Jim Butcher using Fearie specifically and was quickly followed up on by several YA fiction authors. Wether you call them the Feywilds or Fearie, the real thing about them (or insofar anything can be real about them) is that they don't make sense. At all. And both qualities (being used by fiction autors and the ever changeability) make for great tools for the devs. They can draw into something the audience is familliar with (thanks to the term Fearie and its resurgence in the reading market) and its adaptability (and the audience accepting that before even seeing the product at all) means they can do anything to it without it ging bad or in reverse. Well, that is unless they make Fearie make sense. But no dev is that stupid, Right? RIGHT?

Naanomi
2016-09-24, 04:20 PM
The plane of Faerie was a demiplane that floated around the CG outer planes with lots of connections to the prime; but it didn't 'overlap' like 4e/5es feywild does

j_spencer93
2016-09-24, 07:39 PM
Ah ok, that actually explains it.