PDA

View Full Version : Red shadow dragon werebear

Nailo Hotep
2016-09-23, 04:58 AM
Using a wish my DM allowed me to make my PC a half dragon werebear. The breath weapon is a shadow dragons and when it kills an ememy they rise as a shadow, so I have an army building slowly. My character is only lvl 5 rogue, what is a good build to maximize this PC power?

Build: Rogue [AT] 6, Fighter [BM] 10, Monk or Barbarian 1-4

The pc at lvl 5 already has 18 AC, and from taking arcane trickster it has access to shield, so 23AC. I intend to go fighter because at 1st fighter level the PC new AC will be 20 [25 shield] , from shield profiency. Lvl 2 fighter I dont know if I should choose defensive to make it 21 [26 Shield ]AC or what. Then ride out fighter to 10. At which point Im thinkinh monk or Barbarian. Monk of the open palm has great synergy with battlemaster for it does the work of maneuver. So the character at lvl has 19 strength. If intend to pick up Athletics and then Rogue lvl 6 expertise to make the PC a nasty grappler that suffocatrs foes quickly using action surge. But also put put more attacks and maneuvers. For example attack with a sword do trip attack to make a foe prone, then disarm maneuver, item interaction their weapon away from them, now with furry of blows you can throw the enemy 15 away ( how about in the air for falling damage since they're already prone from trip attack). Once they get pushed out of five feet you get attack of opportunity, right? If so, use it to do pushing maneuver it will have advantage on dmg, and dc 18-20 with enemy at disadvantage. Push them 15 feet in the air make fall 30 ft. Which is 6d6 bludgeoning. When they fall into 5 ft to hit the ground another attack of opportunity at advantage.

The attack if this tactic is used in game is
3d6 + 2d8 + 1d4 + 3d6 +6 = 15 - 30 dmg/turn
+ AOP

RickAllison
2016-09-23, 11:58 AM
Necromancer wizard gets a nice boost for your shadow minions (though it might be restricted, I'm AFB). Alternatively, if you can change your archetype and have decent Charisma, Swashbuckler would let you Panache enemies so your minions have an added layer of protection.

Nailo Hotep
2016-09-26, 08:10 PM
Necromancer wizard gets a nice boost for your shadow minions (though it might be restricted, I'm AFB). Alternatively, if you can change your archetype and have decent Charisma, Swashbuckler would let you Panache enemies so your minions have an added layer of protection.

No can do on that. My guy is a arcane tricker to mainly biold magic items. Currently he is building Mithral +3 full plate in a dwarven kingdom. It will give my guy 23ac if I take up a shield with it at lvl 6 of fighter. I like what Ive already done. I want him to be a guy that deals damage and high defense that kills and amasses an army of shadows over time to outnumber the opposition

Draco4472
2016-09-26, 08:12 PM
I think this is a discussion for the Homebrew forum. But meh. 5e is 5e.

Arkhios
2016-09-27, 05:39 AM
Using a wish my DM allowed me to make my PC a half dragon werebear. The breath weapon is a shadow dragons and when it kills an ememy they rise as a shadow, so I have an army building slowly. My character is only lvl 5 rogue, what is a good build to maximize this PC power?

Build: Rogue [AT] 6, Fighter 10, Monk or Barbarian 1-4

The pc at lvl 5 already has 18 AC, and from taking arcane trickster it has access to shield, so 23AC. I intend to go fighter because at 1st fighter level the PC new AC will be 20 [25 shield] , from shield profiency. [B]Lvl 2 fighter I dont know if I should choose defensive* to make it 21 [26 Shield ]AC or what. Then ride out fighter to 10. At which point Im thinkinh monk or Barbarian. Monk of the open palm has great synergy with battlemaster for it does the work of maneuver. So the character at lvl has 19 strength. If intend to pick up Athletics and then Rogue lvl 6 expertise to make the PC a nasty grappler that suffocatrs foes quickly using action surge. But also put put more attacks and maneuvers. For example attack with a sword do trip attack to make a foe prone, then disarm maneuver, item interaction their weapon away from them, now with furry of blows you can throw the enemy 15 away ( how about in the air for falling damage since they're already prone from trip attack). Once they get pushed out of five feet you get attack of opportunity, right? If so, use it to do pushing maneuver it will have advantage on dmg, and dc 18-20 with enemy at disadvantage. Push them 15 feet in the air make fall 30 ft. Which is 6d6 bludgeoning. When they fall into 5 ft to hit the ground another attack of opportunity at advantage.

The attack if this tactic is used in game is
3d6 + 2d8 + 1d4 + 3d6 +6 = 15 - 30 dmg/turn
+ AOP

*this caught my eye... Fighter is the only martial class that gets Fighting Style already at 1st level.
Fighter gets Action Surge at 2nd level.

Another note, regarding multiclassing into Fighter. You won't get heavy armor proficiency straight up from gaining a fighter level, but you do get medium armor and shield, along with all weapon proficiencies. To get Heavy Armor proficiency, you must take it via feat, or learn using one with downtime training (which takes 250 downtime days); that is, if you play by the book, rules-as-written.
Edit: (although, you might have known this already, just making assumptions from what I'm reading, and you don't mention any feats you might have planned to take)

Forced movement does not provoke attack of opportunity. Pushing is forced movement.