PDA

View Full Version : Cake's Dungeon Crawl IC

Icilia
2016-09-24, 02:52 AM
History states that much of the land you all live on now once belonged to the Trishjai Nation. It's capital, Vri'Leon, was the jewel of this land. But, as all things, Trishjai fell. From it, many nations spawned and died, with you all living in one of the many that spawned from those. Unknown to the nation you now live in, Vri'Leon disappeared with the fall of Trishjai, and only recently have rumours risen that it has once again been found. Your group was lucky enough to come across a beggar who claimed to have been a slave in Vri'Leon, and claims to now an entrance to the lost city. Apparently, an entrance can be found in an old abandoned graveyard aptly named Old Trishjai. With any luck, your group will be the first with this new information.

You all start in a town about a day's walk from Old Trishjai. The path you take is through a thick forest, over grown with vines and undergrowth. Any paths that may have existed have vanished or been destroyed by time and plants. You all arrive at the entrance to the graveyard around three in the afternoon. A heavy fog sits above the grave, obscuring the mountains behind. The air is cold, wet and still. You can barely make out two large buildings near the end of the graveyard.

Link to Map (https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1658859/cake-dungeon-crawl)

Icilia
2016-09-24, 03:17 AM
A1: "As the party approaches Old Trishjai, they emerge out of the thick forest into a low fog sitting over a small valley. A heavy wrought-iron gate, stained with rust sits in a heavy stone gatehouse. The entire graveyard is surrounded by a high stone wall laced with creeping vines. A small river trickles through the graveyard to the left of the gatehouse."

Init
Trifle: [roll0]
Stew: [roll1]
Lummy: [roll2]
Rev: [roll3]

Multiple viable entrances exist. Someone may attempt to pick the lock to the gatehouse (Disable Device, Standard Action) or force the gate (Strength, Standard Action). You may also attempt to climb to the top of the wall (Two climb checks, Full Round Action). Finally, you may attempt to swim under the wall through the stream, going against the current. (Swim check to dive under the wall, second to return to the surface, Full Round Action).

As a note: Your current positions are arbitrary this round. I will place you wherever you attempt to enter. Trying to go through the gate will place you there. If you wish to climb, tell me if you wish to climb over above or below the gate. Lastly, the gatehouse is enclosed, so if you climb over, you will not be able to enter it from above.

Aryadnae
2016-09-24, 08:23 AM
Well, being the sneaky rogue and such, I shall attempt to pick the lock!

[roll0]

I would also like to roll a perception to look around the gatehouse

[roll1] if Dim Light +2, if trap in room +1.

StewI101
2016-09-24, 10:04 AM
Seeing the rogue picking the gate i start climbing the wall to see if anything is waiting for us. keeping my weapons and shield sheathed.

[roll1d20+2

StewI101
2016-09-24, 10:06 AM
(Sorry,error is my fault)

[roll0]

Reverency
2016-09-25, 02:26 AM
Since I am not very good at climbing, swimming or lockpicking. I am going to wait for the rogue to unlock the gate and follow in after it's open.

In the mean time I shall look around for anything unusual.

Perception [roll0]

LummyNess
2016-09-26, 12:41 AM
Also seeing the rogue in action, I wait with my bow drawn behind any nearby cover aiming at the door. Reading to shoot any hostile
Or I follow through with a sneak check if there are no hostile's waiting.

Icilia
2016-09-26, 07:35 AM
Turn Actions:
Lummy: You move up next to the gate, and cover the door with your bow. You see no targets coming through the gate.
Trifle: You attempt to open the gate, and shortly after with a slight click, swing the gate wide open. You also notice a large cockroach hanging immobile on the roof.
Rev: You stand by, watching Trifle open the door. You also notice the cockroach on the roof, as well as noticing another two in the room beyond.
Stew: You attempt to climb the wall, failing miserable both times.

A2: "A heavy stone gatehouse, secured by iron gates on either side, block further entrance. However, the internal gate appears to be slightly ajar, suggesting that it is unlocked.

Init
Trifle: [roll0]
Stew: [roll1]
Lummy: [roll2]
Rev: [roll3]

You may roll Knowledge: Nature on the cockroach.

DC15: A simple insect. It has no real strengths or weakness, but will likely run from bright lights.

Aryadnae
2016-09-26, 09:15 AM
Holy heck, I have a rank in Nature? Sweet. [roll0]

And I would like to make like a rogue and (try to) disappear :D [roll1], for reference I would like to use the shadows behind the gate itself, just inside the building, as my hiding place, while also drawing my oh-so-scary rapier, cause roaches. Ew.

LummyNess
2016-09-26, 08:17 PM
I stand 'overwatch' as my companions make it through to the next room, readying my action against hostiles whom move towards one of my allies

i will for the mean time use my move action to observe the room

1d20+6 perception 26

did you know that iphones atleast using chrome wont show the dice roll....

StewI101
2016-09-27, 03:44 AM
I Spend my turn Getting up and Moving towards the open doorway to reconvene with the party
Drawing my weapons if I'm able, (long-sword in the two upper hands, short-sword and shield in lower arms)

Reverency
2016-09-29, 03:44 AM
After taking a moments contemplation, I decide that the best course of action is to kill that 'roach!

I use my Fire Domain power Fire Bolt;

Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] (If I hit of course)

Icilia
2016-09-29, 08:36 AM
Turn Actions:
Lummy: You ready an action to shot anything that moves towards an ally. You also notice the cockroach.
Stew: You draw your weapons, and stand with your allies.
Rev: You actually do something useful. You shoot a bolt of flame at the cockroach. Unfortunately, an immobile, asleep creature is apparently difficult to hit. As such, you miss.
Trifle: You attempt to hide to the side of the gate.

NPC: After being hit by the bolt of flame, it awakens, buzzes angrily, and leaps towards the party! <Lummy gets to fire his ready action>.

This damage, if it hits, won't go through until after LUmmy's Readied Action.

It attacks Stew, with a [roll0], damage [roll1]

Init
Lummy[roll2]
Trifle[roll3]
Stew[roll4]
Rev[roll5]

Reverency
2016-09-30, 12:06 AM
Seeing as my fire bolt missed, I decide that using my scimitar instead to attack would be better.

Standard attack [roll0]
Critical confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

LummyNess
2016-09-30, 12:15 AM
Attack of opportunity stuff
[roll0]attack roll
[roll1]dmg

Turn 3?
I attack again
[roll2]attack roll
[roll3]dmg

Or if the roach died from first shot (doubt it)
I move in to guard the rear of the party reading the overwatch again same as last turn.

Aryadnae
2016-09-30, 07:33 AM
Well, I shall try to help with the killing of the bug from my position....doubt it'll do much but eh.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Regardless if it dies or not from that, I would like to re-attempt my stealth roll to hide.
[roll2] still using the gate shadows to hide in.

StewI101
2016-09-30, 09:19 AM
in response to the roach attack me i will full attack back
First

[roll]1d20+2[roll]

[roll]1d8+3[roll]

2nd:
[roll]1d20+2[roll]

[roll]1d6[roll]

OR
if the vermin died before my turn i will wait and move with the rest of the party.

StewI101
2016-09-30, 09:21 AM
**** sake, what the template for the rolls

StewI101
2016-10-01, 06:24 AM
Round two:
fist attack longsword two handed

1d20+2

1d8+4

2nd swing
shortsword

1d20+2

1d8

OR
if the vermin died before my turn i will wait and move with the rest of the party.

StewI101
2016-10-01, 06:33 AM
Round two:
fist attack longsword two handed

[roll0]

[roll1]

2nd swing
shortsword

[roll2]

[roll3]

OR

Icilia
2016-10-03, 06:33 AM
Stew: You swing with your longsword, slashing off two legs on its left side. As it tumble to the ground, you invert your shortsword, casually plunging it into the creatures head, deftly killing it.
Lummy: You ready your bow, prepared to shoot again in response.
Trifle: You hide behind the gate again.
Rev: You stand by, watching the cockroach die in a spray of green blood.

XP: All players receive 50xp

Init
Lummy [roll0]
Trifle [roll1]
Stew [roll2]
Rev [roll3]

LummyNess
2016-10-03, 09:06 AM
Turn 4
I move to the entrance side of the gate and
if any party members have attacked either of the roaches I will shoot the most alive looking one
But if no one attacks I will overwatch from this position

My attack or my attack of opportunity
[roll0]attack roll
[roll1]dmg

StewI101
2016-10-04, 08:25 AM
I swish my swords to remove the blood, i look around the room for more opponents: I can only remember the one. (also it missed me i believe)

Perception:
[roll0]

" Is everyone alright?"
ill stand by in case of anything else.

Aryadnae
2016-10-05, 07:53 AM
"Well, I'm still alive" comes my voice from the shadows.

Upon seeing how one bug is horribly, horribly dead, I will sneak up to the next doorway, waiting off to the right side in case one of the bugs comes past to attack another of the group, rapier drawn (Yes, still sneaking just FYI)

[roll0] for this new place to hide.

Readied Action: Attacking whichever bug makes a hostile move towards one of the other party members.

Reverency
2016-10-13, 12:55 AM
"The light of the Healing Flame guides us"

I will move through into the middle of the next room and look around.

Perception check
[roll0]