PDA

View Full Version : Hells Vengeance GM Advice

Element Zero
2016-09-24, 11:34 AM
I am about to start the Hells Vengeance adventure path as GM, but I've run into a tiny snag. My gaming group has six players, and the adventure is designed for four. Thanks to social garbage I won't go into, I can't really drop the group number. Amy advice on retooling the first adventure for six players?

Starbuck_II
2016-09-24, 12:09 PM
Currently running a 6 party of it. Only got to Church Square speech so far.

Remember, you want some encounters to be below and others above so you only have to boost some of encounters.

I added an additional dog to Tannery (Party managed through stealth/diplomacy /charm person getting this XP since module hands it out if they get through without killing).

You could up the Junior deputies by making them be 6, then it would net same exp as if there were 4 PCs.

Maybe up Priestess Allamar's level by 1.

Krazzman
2016-09-25, 04:46 AM
My wife went as a solo campaign through it.

You don't need to worry. Where it makes sense add more mooks. In the case of the intro another dog or a night guard.
Later you should add a few deputies or "knights" to the encounter where it makes sense.

The brothers might have another villager with them. Maybe there are 2 halfling's in that fort. And so on.
Maybe throw a random encounter in the mix with the normal encounter.

Good luck.

Biguds
2016-09-25, 07:47 PM
Hello guys.

Our group has a lot of campaigns going, so, I'll throw my penny here.

We're playing Serpent Skull and Reign of Winter with a five man party, Iron Gods and Strange Aeons with two man party and Hell's Vengeance with a party of four (three plus Cimri).

I think that our community here on the forums will disagree, but what we simply do is: Nothing.
We just play by the book and, as far I can tell you, things tend to just go right. Our parties of five progress more slowy and our party of two and three progress faster. (Actually, our two man party in Iron Gods is by far our best).

TL:DR, we go by the thought that dividing experience and wealth balances the game just right.