PDA

View Full Version : Giant freaking robots.



Pages : 1 [2]

Storm Bringer
2007-11-14, 03:28 AM
Rob stepped out last, his mech being at the far end of the bay form the door. His scanners picked up little of intrest.

once clear of valentine, rob pressed a small button his console. across the mech, small hatches in the armour slid back to reveal the thrusters.

++Stormhammer is go, lets see what she's like++.

Rob eased the power up, took a few steps foreward then pushed the system to full just as he began to jump. With a kick, the mecha launched itself skyward, riding on a pillar of blue-white fire. He climbed to nearly a thousand feet, a massive grin on his face at the sheer joy of flying. twisting the controls, rob put the mech on its head for a moment, diving down to a hundred or so feet before leveling off. the comm echoed with an almost childish glee.

Rob dropped the mech down onto one of the cliffs, hovering for a second or two before landing. his scanners still showed nothing but his fellow teammates.

++man.....that was fun. the upgrades work fine, the gryos are all in alignment, and she is a joy to fly.++ rob cycled though the scaner settings, looking in the direction they were expecting the other ship to come form.


awareness: [roll0]

Fisher
2007-11-14, 12:40 PM
The Drop Point
Infrared, motion detection, and thermographics all came back negative. Besides the occasional desert lizard nothing living was out there. The magnetic anomaly scan and electromagnetic sensors, meanwhile, only picked up various piles of junk metal and buried scrap heaps underneath the sands. Besides some mild interference reflected off the nearby canyon cliffs, nothing seemed out of order. That is, until each pilot's computer interrupted:


-Warning: Heat Trail Detected Due Northwest.
-Identification Indicates Arc-Class Transport Vessel.
-ETA Two Minutes

Orzorz
2007-11-14, 01:19 PM
Long Yi

Keeping his mecha on the move, Yi reports over the comm, ++Grenadier to Command, one Arc-Class at zero-nine-zero. Estimated ETA one minute, plus or minus ten secs. Confirm friendly or bogey?++

Lets hope that there's nobody taking the bait, and not them taking it then ignoring it...

OOC:
Awareness, if still applicable: Rank(1) + INT(8) +1d10
[roll0]

Fisher
2007-11-14, 02:08 PM
Drop Point
++Command here. Transport confirmed as friendly, over.++ ,chimes Dorris over the com.

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-14, 06:01 PM
Victor Sevornum

Seeing the sensors read all-clear, Victor decides to pass the time a little. While patrolling his set path, he dips the control stick left and right on occasion, sending his mecha into barrel-rolls - much tighter barrel rolls than he expected. Whoa. You've gotten a lot quicker, Pioneer. Those control thrusters on the arms really paid off.

Once the sensors ping the large incoming vessel, Victor stops his aerial acrobatics. The exchange between Long and Commander Karn put him back at ease, though. ++Roger Command, setting IFF code of incoming vessel to 'friendly'. Do our employers have our IFF frequencies? Don't want them to see us as four hostiles.++

Fisher
2007-11-15, 12:59 PM
The Drop Point
The incoming ship slowly descended next to the Valentine, clouds of dirt and sand scattering in it's wake. The vessel was box shaped and sturdy, seemingly built for long trips and harsh conditions. The forward ramp of the transport opened and several security personel piled out from the entrance. Satisfied that all was clear, they signaled to begin the transfer of the mainframe.

As this was taking place an older gentleman from the transport could be seen talking to Anita and Mr. Cam. A short while after their conversation started, Dorris reported over the com,

++Looks like they want to run their own area scan. Seems they're worried about some nearby metal deposits. They're releasing several search drones to scan the area. While I'm setting the ships IFF, do you want me to assign the drones as friendly as well?++

While Dorris was reporting the situation, several side pods on the transport opened, releasing five Bee-like drones. Each drone sported a set of stationary wings that were mounted with rotatable thrusters. From their torso extended a long, tail-like appendage that mimiced a hornet's stinger. Once released each scattered outward from the transport and began to quickly perform their search.

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-15, 03:33 PM
Victor Sevornum

Their own scan? Would have made more sense if they launched them before landing. Ah well - it's late; people are bound to act strangely. Doubly so if this mainframe is as important as those rebels implied.

Victor shrugs to himself. ++Affirmative. We should go through all 'the motions' we can to put them at ease. They're probably a bit jumpy considering their cargo's history thus far.++

Orzorz
2007-11-16, 02:52 AM
Long Yi

Seeing that the transport arrives with no trouble, Yi gives a sigh of relief.

Whew, we're lucky. But these guys are...oddballs. They just need to fetch the cargo and go. Metal deposits...Don't tell me that they're trying to save costs, and is bunching several jobs into one?

++Grenadier to Command, I'll handle the IFF here myself. How long till the supplies be moved?++

He touches the drones on the main screen, marking them as friendlies. In addition, he tags a rock around the cliff also as friendly. He keeps his eyes on it for a second, and a hexagonal frame encircles it, marking it locked.

A smirk appears oh Yi's face as he cancels the lock. It's not the first time that he had used the function, and in many occasions...a burst of weapon fire followed.

++Grenadier to Heavy Recon, can you identify what sensors is it on the drones? I'm...curious.++

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-16, 03:42 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor watches as the little insectoid drones begin to disembark from the other ship. Some engineer out there has a very strange sense of aesthetics. The message from Long brings him back from his idle musing about a team of designers, all decked out in white labcoats and patting each other on the back for creating these things. Hmm. Would be interesting to see what they installed in the 'stinger'. ++I'll have a peek, Grenadier. Stand by.++

As he continues flying in his loop, he starts keying up his RT-SAP - "real-time schematic analysis program". He keeps a casual eye on the display, waiting for a readout.


OOC: Activating Target Analyzer. Just wanted to give it a bigger name. :smallredface:

Fisher
2007-11-17, 05:17 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_1.jpg

Drop Point
The last steps of the transfer were now taking place. As the ramp of the transport was ascending Mr. Cam, the older gentleman, and Anita were finishing their discussion. As Mr. Cam and his associate began to climb back into their ship, Rob noticed from his vantage point the older man pull a gun from within his jacket...

The Valentine Bridge
Things were quiet on the bridge. As the crew awaited the finish of the transfer they killed time as best they could. Dorris silently sipped her tea while cycling through communication frequencies. Roger and Jimmy continued running scans of the surrounding area to attempt to detect a potential ambush. Meanwhile various other bridge members went about their work. Until the alarm sounded.

Red lights and alarms began to sound off on the bridge. Suddenly the entire ship was rocked by an explosive impact.

Drop Point
The transport lifted off quickly, in their rush leaving the SR drones behind. As the ship took to the sky, for a split-second a beam of energy rushed between the canyon cliffs. One of the drones moved to intercept the incoming beam, but instead of destroying the drone a disk of energy forming at the tip of it's stinger. The beam deflected off the disk and it's path was redirected, straight towards the Valentine, colliding with the ship's side engine.

Communication Screens, Panels, and Receivers
++I thank you for your assistance members of the Valentine,++ Mr. Cam's voice stated over the coms.

++However, as far as the world is concerned the mainframe needs to remain missing. Our group appreciates your help in retrieving it for us from the rebels, but unfortunately we can't allow anyone to know we now possess it. Farewell. I'd wish you luck in your travels, but there's really no point for that now.++

As Mr. Cam cut-off from the com another voice rose from the intermittent static. This time it was the familiar tone of the former pilot Darin.

++...I repeat the atmospheric side engine has taken heavy damage. If we don't get it fixed soon we run the risk of the entire ship going up. If we don't take care of whoever is shooting us now it could all be over. All technicians report to the engine room immediately. I can't seem to get a hold of Miss Karn to inform her of the situation. Wasn't she near the transport when it took off? Can anyone confirm?++

Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_1-1.jpg
OOC

Initiative
AverageJoe - Red Tile
Stormbringer - Green Tile
Jabu - Yellow Tile
Orzorz - White Tile
Enemy(6) - Brown Tiles

Took awhile to arrange everything. Hopefully everything came across correctly. The shot reflected off Drone #5. Drones 2-4 and the hidden assailant are located elsewhere on the parts of the map not shown.

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-17, 08:36 PM
Victor Sevornum

The warning klaxons blared as the beam of light surged through the night. "What?!" Victor's eyes snap up to see the beam of light surge through the darkness - suddenly being redirected towards the Valentine! When Cam's transmission comes through, Victor's expression darkens. Everyone has their dark side...

When he opens up the comm, he speaks in a deadly calm. ++Rob - take that ship down. We'll handle the rest.++

Fisher
2007-11-17, 10:03 PM
Meant to post this with the above. The Insect Drones/Remotes have a modified hit chart.

{table]Roll|Servo
1|Head
2-3|Tail
4-6|Body
7|Left Wing
8|Right Wing
9|Other
10|Roll On Special Chart[/table]

averagejoe
2007-11-17, 10:19 PM
Salee

++Double crossed! Bastards! I'll rip you apart!++ Salee shouted into his comn as he manuvered the Shredder with violent motions. The large machine turned and lumbered toward the drone that had deflected the beam, the pincers on the end of its arms open and waiting. With a shout, Salee manuvered the Shredder's arms to close with the drone.

Use one action to turn and face drone #5. Walk the two hexes (half my walk MA) as a free action, then attack with both (linked) pincers. Both do 7 damage.

1d10+16
1d10+16
1d10
1d10

Fisher
2007-11-17, 10:46 PM
The Battlefield
The drone artfully dodges the first strike from the Shredder's claws. The second attack, however, latches firmly around the bug's torso causing severe internal damage. The internal frame cracks with an audible crunch but the drones armor remains firmly in place.


SR5
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

Orzorz
2007-11-18, 04:51 AM
Long Yi

Yi spits a curse in Chinese as he sees The Valentine being hit.

"Stay calm, Yi...After all these years, this is just like routine training...Think! What, why, and how..."

"System! Call weapon stats, range! GB-06L, GB-04, BSR-16! Ascending!



=Weapon Data=
- GB-06L 3000m / 6H
- GB-04 4000m / 7H
- BSR-16 8000m / 16H


++This is Grenadier, I'm uploading the possible enemy locations, using drone 5 as center. Anyone with anti-cloak scan it! They're using indirect fire, so concentrate scans on spots with no direct LOS to The Valentine!++

Can't stand and wait though...If what guess is correct this might proof it...

A blaring trail of dust follows as Yi's Xeku charges drone. As it is closing melee range, a pillar of yellow plasmas protrudes from the front of the shield, scorching the sands into glass instantly.

The Xeku leaps, and swings its plasma torch to dice its enemy.

Free action: Turn to face upper-right.

"Full round action": Melee charge! Charges for 6 hex to 0009 and attack drone 5 with custom beam sword.

Attack:MR(5) + M.Melee(1) +WA(1) + 1d10
Damage: 8 = Base(4) + LH arms(2) +1k per 3 hex charged(2)

Attack 1:[roll0]
Location roll 1, if hit:[roll1]
Attack 2:[roll2]
Location roll 2, if hit:[roll3]

OOC: If this "Melee Charge" rule is not used, just -2 damage and consider my action as move 6 hex with GES + melee attack.

Shield rolls, applicable when attacked from 0008, 0108, 0109, "unnamed hext next to 0008".
MR(5) + M. Melee(1) + DA(0) + 1d10
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-18, 08:40 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor stomps down on the thruster pedals beneath his feet. With a surge of blue flame the Pioneer quickly spins about and begins sailing north. The massive fists of the machine reach up over its shoulders, pulling forth the signature armaments of mecha - the cannon and the massive blade. The green light from the 'eyes' of the mecha reflect hauntingly off of the falchion, making the sword look as though it is twitching in the Pioneer's hands - waiting to strike.

As his craft begins to sail northwards, he begins locking on to the drone he was fast approaching. The targeting program outlined the insectoid in blue, indicating a "friendly". I don't need friends like you. Two simple keystrokes bring up on-screen the words Victor wants to see.


Systems/Sensors/I.F.F./Directory:

Delete all temporary exceptions?

One more button turns that little outline from blue to red. Victor squeezes the trigger.

OOC: Ooooh, they done it now! Nothing gets an anime character riled up like treachery! Heck - I'm so getting into the anime mindset that even I'M getting fired up too! Let's dish out some punishment!

Action 1: Flight - turn to face north (1 MA), fly 3 hexes to 0214 (total 4 MA).
Action 2: Fire Medium Cannon at Drone 1. 6 damage if hit:
MR (5) + Gunnery (1) + 1d10 = [roll0]
Location if hit: [roll1]

Storm Bringer
2007-11-18, 11:58 AM
++Rob - take that ship down. We'll handle the rest.++
Rob
"Like I need telling......" Rob muttered as he overode the IFF (and turned his off. never payed to tell people where you were). The transport craft could out run everything other than the now disabled valentine, so thier wasn't much that could be gained form chasing it unless they could slow it down. Rob armed both his heavy arm missles (he might not get a follow up, so make it count) and let rip.

ooc:

action:
shoot both my heavy missles at the retreating atlas
attack 1: [roll0] (9ref+5mech missles-4MV)
location: [roll1]

attack 2: [roll2]
location: [roll3]



Chris
Christopher Babbage, armoury technician and former-blackrose company employee, came round on the sand near the Valentine. He'd been near the open loading ramp, catching some fresh air, when the beam struck. he had been knocked over by the shockwave and had a small gash on his forehead from shrapnel.

Chris sat up, wincing, his ears ringing form the overpressure. looking round his eyes he saw thick, oily smoke rising out of the upper engine block. On top of a stack just behind the ship, Rob's Stormhammer was enguaging the fleeing american transport. futher off, he could see salee's Shredder and letting rip on a 'search' drone while that new chinese pilots Grenadier Victor's Pioneer were dealing with a more distant drone.


Slowly, as his hearing returned, he became aware of someone shouting his name. It was Caroline, stood at the top of the ramp. She held a fire extinugisher in one hand, and her worksuit was burnt in a few places. She was pointing to something Chris looked to where she was pointing and saw the crumpled form of the captain on the ground where the american ship (never trust a yankee) had been. understanding, chris stumbled to his feet and headed over to where Anita lay........

Fisher
2007-11-20, 01:41 AM
The Battlefield
In his haste to seek vengeance at their former allies betrayal, Victor mistakenly miscalculates the distance to the drone. The shot flies wide missing the target completely. Rob fared little better, his attempt to take down the fleeing ship meeting with similar results and his two missiles swerve off course and detonated against a nearby cliff. Only Long Yi, the newest to the group, managed to make a hit. His beam sword cutting a wide path through the bee's upper frame.

While the three made their attacks, 3 shots rang across the canyon paths. The first comes screeching from the east, the second again from the north, while the third hailed from the northeast. Long Yi safely avoided the shot from the northeast. Salee and Victor, focused on their targets, fail to evade in time and suffer damage to their mecha's torso. In the confusion caused by the shooter, SR5 flees to the sky in search of a safe haven.

Near the Ship...
The wind and dust raised by the battle flew furiously across the area. Not far from the ship, Chris good see Anita's fallen form face-up upon the desert floor. Nearing closer, he noticed a small trail of blood, oozing from a fresh stomach wound. Hector, the resident surgeon and physician, would be able to help her, but only if they could get her to the medical ward in time.
____________________________
OOC
Here it is, sorry for the delay. :smallsmile:

Let me know if I used the wrong mecha sheets for the Player Data. Beside each name is the page number from the OC thread from where I found the information.

Ground floor is considered level 0. Add the amount of MA you move upwards to determine your new altitude.
Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_2.jpg
Enemy Data

SR1(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|2/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

SR5(Height: 9)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|12/12|6/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|6/6|5/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|6/6
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|8/8|6/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Rob (Height: 2) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|5/5
L.Arm|6/6|4/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 5) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Orzorz
2007-11-20, 06:09 AM
Long Yi

The hit is still too shallow...wait!?

As Yi scans his eyes on the drone again, two slightly crooked parallel lines appears to be "drawn" on the HUD. The Xeku acts immediately in response, slashing twice with its plasma torch as it skims by the drone. It soon reaches the cliff at due north, and spins 180, letting it to lie against the cliff wall.

Yi controls the Xeku to slightly bend back at around 30 degrees, and flashes its nightlights on and off to the north. He turns the Xeku to facing south-west, and repeats the same.

++DRONE . FLIED . LOW++
++GUNNER . HIGH . CHANCE . AT . CLIFFSIDE . OR . DESERT. FLOOR++
++ELSE . NO . HIT . REFLECTORS++
++SCAN . SECTORS . 0908 . TO . 1109++
++0406 . 0505 . PLUS . ADJECENTS++

Dig'em out! Don't fail my trust on you guys...

Action 1: Attack drone 5 with custom beam sword.

Attack:MR(5) + M.Melee(1) +WA(1) + 1d10
Damage: 6 = Base(4) + LH arms(2)

Attack 1:[roll0]
Location roll 1, if hit:[roll1]
Attack 2:[roll2]
Location roll 2, if hit:[roll3]

Action 2: Move with GES to "hex between 2006 and 2007", facing down; Path:0108, 0107, 0007

Free Action:Send morse code with nightlights
Turn to face lower left with walk MA
Send morse code
Turn to face down with walk MA

Shield rolls, applicable when attacked from 2006, 2007, 0007, "unnamed hex between to 2007 and 0008".
MR(5) + M. Melee(1) + DA(0) + 1d10
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-20, 08:52 AM
Victor Sevornum

As the blast rocks the Pioneer, Victor grimaces at his carelessness. Of course there's backup - don't get so focused on the drones. The foolishness of charging off alone in the dark to find three hidden assailants didn't escape him, however. Or maybe we should focus on them...

++Salee, I'm coming in high on your five o'clock - let's waste this thing, quick. Once both drones are down, the team can make a two-pronged push northwards to find these cowards.++

Victor begins to slowly descend as he flies northward, and primes his knee-mounted Rocket Pod to fire a salvo as he closes the distance with his target. "We may not be able to catch them today..." He locks on to the drone in front of Salee. "...but we're not dying here."

OOC:
Action 1: Flying 3 hexes north, 1 hex "down" to reduce my elevation to 3.
Action 2: Firing Rocket Pod, salvo of 5. MR (5) + Missiles (1) - WA (1) + 1d10 = [roll0]

Here's hoping this round goes better than the last...

Storm Bringer
2007-11-20, 01:46 PM
Rob
Rob cursed as his missles sped wide. the transport had lit it's mian thrusters and was acellerating faster than any mech could (having enignes that could get you into orbit gave you some serious acelleration power), and was already reaching the edge of his enguagement range. his missles would burn out before they reached it.

Rob looked around to see two more beams slash out to hit his companions.

rob brought his beam gun to bear on the drone fighting Salee, and snapped off a shot,

++Rob here, I'm going to see if i can pin down the location of those firers to the north of us.++

with that, rob lit his thrusters and took flight. The joyful smiles of his earlier flight was gone, replaced by a grimace.

ooc:

action 1: shoot beam gun at drone #5 attack: [roll0] location [roll1]
action 2: fly due north 7 hexes and gain 1 hex height.



Chris
quickly assessing her wounds, Chris picked up the captian and jogged back to the ship.

averagejoe
2007-11-21, 06:21 AM
Salee

Salee spat a long string of curses into his comn. ++You bet I'll waste them++ he said in response to Victor, ++Then I'll find some more to waste, until every one of these ******* is dead!++

However, the drone had flown out of the effective range of Salee's weapons. ++I hate to run, but I can't fly. I'll scout out north.++ Salee activated the Shredder's GES, and manuvered the large machine, keeping close to the rocks.

Turn north and move to 0605, then turn to face the upper right.

Fisher
2007-11-21, 05:27 PM
The Battlefield
The battle was fairing poorly for the team. Long Yi's and Victor's attacks were easily avoided by the agile bugs. Rob's attack, however, backfired on him. The laser was targeted head-on with the drone, but before it could connect it raised it's reflective shield. The beam was quickly deflected and came back to hit it's shooter, knocking off a chunk of the Stormhammer's armor.

Seeing their opponents move north, the drones took the opportunity to counter-attack. SR5 released two missiles in the groups direction, but the distance was too great and they ignited harmlessly midair. SR1 followed SR5's earlier retreat tactic and also ascended into the sky. No wild, reflected shots made their appearance, though. The shooter was apparently playing it safe.

Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_3.jpg
Enemy Data

SR1(Height: 8)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|2/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

SR5(Height: 8)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|12/12|6/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|6/6|5/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|6/6
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|8/8|6/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Rob (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|6/6|4/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 4) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]
OOC
In the event I'm not on tomorrow, happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it. :smallsmile:

averagejoe
2007-11-21, 06:17 PM
Salee

++Alright, guys, I've found another one of these ********. I'm taking it out.++ He urges his mech forward, bringing the shredder's claws to bear on the drone.

Move forward four feet (1 action) then try to grapple drone #4.

(Grapple uses the same roll as attack, yeah?

[roll0]

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-21, 06:35 PM
Victor Sevornum

These things are too agile - I don't have the marksmanship to peg them with a barrage. Victor halts the Pioneer's forward thrust, leaving it hovering in mid air. He slowly brings the targetting crosshairs of his cannon to bear on the drone before him. Come on...


OOC:
Action 1: Aim
Action 2: Fire medium cannon - MR (5) + Gunnery (1) + Aim (1) + Luck (1) +1d10 = [roll0] Location (please God!): [roll1]

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans! *cough*Not-StormBringer*cough*

You know I've got nothing but love for you, man. :smallwink:

Orzorz
2007-11-22, 03:25 PM
Long Yi

After the first two words, Yi realised that his message would take too long to send by morse code, and sent the remaining typing through text using the touch screen keyboard.

What is their mission? Hold us until the transport is out-of-range, or to make sure that 'dead men don't speak'...?

He then moves the Xeku to the east, and points the burst rifle at Victor as he speaks through the comm.

++Huh, you guys sit back and watch how I deal with the drone.++ If one hears carefully, Yi sounds unsually cocky when speaking that, and stopped awarkely after the word 'watch'.

We'll need more info, one way or another...

Turning to face the drone directly, Yi pulls back the burst rifle and fires a barrage, sweeping in from the bottom of the drone.

++Command, how long until you're airworthy?++

Action 1: Move to 0207, facing lower-left.
Action 2: Fake suspressive fire! Starts at cell 0008, height 6. Shoot at +1 height for any shots past BV 1.
Attack: MR(5) + M.Gunnery(5) + WA(1) + 1d10
Damage(I doubt its necessity...): 6
Roll: [roll0]
Location roll(!?):[roll1]

Shield rolls, applicable against 0107, 0208, 0307:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Storm Bringer
2007-11-22, 04:15 PM
Rob
++Lord above, boy, they just lost a engine pod! it's gonna be a while before she's able to move. Long enough for these drones to kill us if we give half a chance. We need to stop fathing about with these drones and put the pressure on thier primary units.++

Rob considered thier options. Salees ground only mech couldn't reach the drones as they flew high, and Long Yi's all beam weaponry couldn't hurt them (as rob hads found out to his cost). they would be best used pushing north to deal with the controlling mechs.

++Shredder, Grenadier, head north. You'll be more use going after that beam armed swine, if we can enguage him, we remove him as a threat to the ship. Pioneer, you and me stay here and keep the drones focused on us, not the ship.++

rob halted his movment, locked his rockets on and let rip.

ooc:

Actions 1 and 2: fire a salvo of three rockets at drone#5
attack one: [roll0]
location:[roll1]
attack Two:[roll2]
location: [roll3]


Chris
Babbage stumbled into the hatch, looking round wildly for some clue as to where the doctor was. toward the prow end of the bay sat the hulk of the mech they salvaged during the fight yesterday. near the door into the interior of the ship was one of the company ground combat personel, who had leved a rifle at Chris but lowered it when he recognised him. at the aft end, hanging off a gantry upside down was Caroline, working franticaly at a fuel line to the damaged pod.

Chris jogged to the soldier. "Andrew! Wheres the doc?"

Andrew pointed over his sholder "Mess bay, dealing with the wounded. How is she?" he asked, indicating the captain.

"Bad, man, bad" chris answered as he moved passed and headed for the mess.

Fisher
2007-11-22, 09:47 PM
The Battlefield
The tide of battle slowly begins to turn. While Victor and Long Yi miss their targets by a slim margin both Salee and Rob strike successfully.

Rob's first salvo of missiles were nearly countered by a surprise assault of the drone's own missiles emerging from somewhere within it's torso. The countermissiles failed midflight and were unable to stop Rob's incoming barrage, resulting in one of it's wings being torn to shreds. The second incoming salvo, however, the drone managed to hastily dodged.

While Rob was dealing with SR5, Salee was busy ripping SR4's wing out of it's socket. The fasteners groaned then released with a metallic pop. While significantly handicapped, the drone managed to compensate for the lost wing and realigned it's position.

Two more shots range out from the east by the hidden shooter or shooters. Both shots were targeted at Long Yi and Victor, but thanks to both of their fast reflexes they were able to dodge the incoming beams. While they were evading shots SR5 and SR1 fled to change their positioning. Simultaneously, SR4 ascended in altitude to avoid further damage from Salee's pincers.

The Ship
Shelby passed Chris as he dashed down the hall.

What happened to the captain!, she exclaimed.

After regaining her composure, she added, Nevermind that. Hector is down in the hall in the medic lab, past the crew quarters. If that wound is as bad as it looks she could have severe internal bleeding. I'm surprised your carrying her around like that.

---------------------------------------

Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_4.jpg
Enemy Data

SR1(Height: 8)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|2/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

SR5(Height: 8)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 8)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|8/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|12/12|6/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|6/6|5/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|6/6
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|8/8|6/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Rob (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|6/6|4/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 4) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-22, 10:31 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor's grip tenses on the controls as the drone easily avoids his well-placed shot. He is about to wildly blast another round into the air before Rob's transmission comes in, which gives Victor a new idea to try out.

++Roger. I can't shoot them, but let's see how well they dance.++

He stomps down on the thruster pedals and sends the Pioneer surging upwards towards the drone above him. Straight towards it. Victor gives himself a grim smile. "Worst case scenario - we collide. At least he'll feel it, too."


OOC:
1st action: Move up 4 altitude
2nd action: Turn to face northwest, move 2 hexes to 0100. Attempting a Ram Attack on SR1. Damage = 5k to both Torsos if hit, I believe
MR (5) + Fighting (0) + 1d10 = [roll0]


Even if I don't hit, at least I'll be closer to him next round. :smallsmile:

Orzorz
2007-11-23, 06:41 AM
Long Yi

From 12 o'clock, nothing when behind the rock, then from three...

Rob's transmittion interrupts Yi's thoughts.

++I copy. It's so bad that Command can't even float up? The gunners ain't got much range, and if we could force them to close in and reveal themselves...****, no use wishing for something impossible...++

The blue glow around the GES thrusters of the Xeku brightens...

Action 1: Move with GES to 0010 and face lower-left.

If Victor's ram attack causes SR1 to drop to height 0,

Action 2A: Attack with custom beam sword.
Attack: MR(5) + M.Melee(1) + WA(1) + 1d10
Damage: 6
Attack roll: [roll0], Location: [roll1]
Attack roll: [roll2], Location: [roll3]

If SR1 remains airborne,

Free action: Move to same hex with SR1 and face lower-left.
Action 2B: Attack with burst rifle.
Attack: MR(5) + M.Gunnery(5) + WA(1) + 1d10 - Whatever range increment penalty(?)
Damage: 6, BV 3
Attack roll: [roll4], Location: [roll5]

averagejoe
2007-11-23, 11:54 PM
Salee

Ignoring the comn chatter, Salee gritted his teeth and attempted to finish off the wounded drone.

Use the turn to attack drone #4 with pincers.

[roll0]
(linked attack 1) [roll1]
[roll2]
(linked attack 3) [roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Storm Bringer
2007-11-26, 01:48 PM
Rob
A preditory smile crossed rob's lips as his missle salvo hit home, blowing a statisfingly large chunk of the drone off. He kicked his mech upwards and closer to stay in rocket range (the drones were still quite close, so why waste the more expensive missles?), then fired off the remaining quartet in his left leg rack.

actions:

action one: fly two hexs towards drone#5 and two levels upwards (does my mech have an alt ceiling worth mentioning, or can it go up to near-orbit levels?)
action two: fire four rockets at drone#5 (if it comes up, all 10 rockets so far are form my left leg rack, which is now empty. the right leg is still full)
attack:[roll0]
location:[roll1]

Fisher
2007-11-26, 02:44 PM
The Battlefield
Things were looking up. While Salee shredded SR4 to ribbons, Victor successfully slammed into SR1, knocking it to the ground where it burst into flames. Near simultaneously, Rob's missile tore the left wing clean off of SR5, the battered drone's struggling husk fell neatly to the ground. Following earlier instructions, Long Yi* moved north to assist Salee.

All was not well, however. In the distance a glimmer of light gleamed, followed by two streams of condensed energy! Their opponents no longer shielded by the canyon walls, one of the shooters had taken the risk of shooting down the airborne Rob and Victor. The first shot drove through the skull of the Pioneer, while the second clipped the Stormhammer's left arm. Both suffered extensive damage.

____________________________
OOC
*Long Yi: My apologies for deciding for your character how he would react with no target. If you'd like me to undo how I moved your unit, let me know and I'll gladly readjust it in the next IC update.

Storm & Jabu: The shot seemed to come from the northeast. The distance is difficult to guess, however, due to the fact that night has already fallen.
Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_5.jpg
Enemy Data

SR1(Height: 0)
KO

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO

Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|12/12|6/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|6/6|5/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|6/6
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|8/8|6/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 5) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 8) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

averagejoe
2007-11-26, 07:50 PM
Salee

Salee shouts triumphantly into his comn, ++Yeah! How's that, you...++ and went into a wild slew of curses. He then manuvered his mech, activating his GES and searching for the remaining foes.

Turn to face northeast and move 12 hexes straight in that direction. If it's still allowed I'll turn east right after, if not I'll save it for next round. If any enemies are seen, Salee will move toward them instead.

Orzorz
2007-11-26, 10:09 PM
Long Yi

As Yi heads north, he calls up the map of the area onto the main screen, and starts marking out parts of the map with various colours.

"System, offline; GES, FS power broadcast, comm. Manual control; boosters."

As the GES shutdown, the Xeku lands back on the desert floor, taking a few steps forward to buffer the landing force. Following the short halt, Yi turns the Xeku around, pushes the boosters to whatever lowest output, and slowly brings it towards the cliffside. Once reaching the cliffside, the Xeku zooms up with a blinding speed, and lands in a crouching position on the cliff.

"System, minimize; generator output, exhaust. Overdrive; all sensors."


Danger! Command reduces combat capab

"Now."


Override code detected.
Command processing...Done

Yi as he bites hard onto his jaws as soon as he finishes, trying to hold back the urge to vomit. The movement may seemed smooth from the outside, but for the pilot, it was no difference than a coaster ride.

I must be nuts to do this, leaving myself defenceless to catch the rats...Come'on, fire again...this time I'll catch you!

Free action: Walk 1 hex to 2002. Turn to face down.
Action 1: Activate booster pack. Move 2 hex to 2002.
Action 1 cont. : Still using booster. Move up 2 hex. Move left 1 hex to 1920. Still facing down.

Action 2: Active spot. Spot for where and when enemy fires.
Awareness:[roll0] = Rank(1) + Int(8) + Luck (8) + 1d10

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-27, 07:51 AM
Victor Sevornum

The Pioneer smashes through the fleeing drone in mid-air, slightly jolting Victor about in his seat. He feels a grim sense of satisfaction as his readouts show the machine careening back towards the sand below. His victory is short-lived as he sees another beam blaze through the night towards him. His displays white-out for a moment as the sensors are blinded by the nearly-crippling blast. I got the drone - no point in floating up here giving him free target practice. With a quick jerk on the controls, he flips the Pioneer (now sporting a gruesome-looking scar in the area of the left 'eye') over and stomps the pedals, sending his mecha careening back towards the ground in a sharp loop. The acceleration pushes him back into his seat, but his violet eyes remain locked on the spot of earth that seems to be rushing towards him. As he's nearly hit the bottom of his loop at 30 meters elevation, he evens out of the Split-S and is now flying a nearly-opposite direction from previously.

Time's almost up for you.


OOC: For mechanics purposes Victor just went straight down then turned. For a more "conceivable with real physics" description I went with the Split-S. Basically you're flying, you roll over and start pulling up (so you're actually pulling yourself towards the ground), and if you've got enough altitude you eventually even-out of the loop and you'll be going in the opposite direction. If you DON'T have enough altitude, you kind of crash and die. :smallannoyed:
Action 1 - reduce elevation by 4 hexes
Action 2 - reduce elevation by 3 hexes, turn to change facing to Northeast

Storm Bringer
2007-11-29, 02:10 PM
Rob shed height as he checked the damage to his left arm. Thankfully, it still worked, and they missles normally stored on it had already been used (Rob tried not to think about what would have happened if the missles had been hit and gone off attached to his mech......). droping down to just about the hight of the rocks, he pushed his mech off to the northeast, seeking revenge. his previous target was now on the gound. rob was unsure if, unable to move as it was, it was still a threat or wether he could leave it.


ooc:

action 1: drop straight down to alt 3, then move two hexs northeast
action 2: move 4 hexes north east.

am i right in assuming that a alt 2 cliff can only be crossed by an alt 3 or higher mech (i.e. moving that way at alt 2 would result in me hitting the cliffs)?

also, is drone 5 still alive and able to move/attack, or is it kinda just sat thier waiting for the mercy killing?

Fisher
2007-11-30, 07:20 PM
The Battlefield
As the team moves the shooters continue their assault. From his vantage point on the field, Salee is able to pin down one of the shooter's position. While the Shredder closes the distance, the attacker fires three separate shots.

Two beams of light fly towards Salee, one of which he dodges while the other strikes him in the chest. The third shot is fired south, and without warning Victor finds himself under attack from the east once more. The beam pierces through the Pioneer's left leg.

___________________________________________

OOC

1 Shooter Found!
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_6_2.jpg
Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_6.jpg
Enemy Data

SR1(Height: 0)
KO

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO

Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 2) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|12/12|6/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|6/6|5/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|6/6
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|8/8|6/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 1) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|4/7|4/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

averagejoe
2007-11-30, 11:09 PM
Salee

Salee shouted a battle cry as he urged the Shredder forward. The massive machine sprung forward in a burst of speed, kicking up sand as it skimmed the desert floor. ++This is Salee. I've found one of them. I'm taking it out.++

I'm a little confused about movement. Does moving my full GES MV take one or two actions? I thought it was one, but it just seems like a lot to me.

If it's one action, then move Salee forward to 1606 (21 hexes), have him turn there to face up (I believe YPU said that we get one per turn as a free action, and I wasn't sure if you kept to that), then move up to 1603 (3 hexes) which makes 24 hexes in all. My GES MV is 12.

If it's two actions to move my GES MV, then move Salee forward 12 hexes to 0710.

TheGreatJabu
2007-12-01, 08:38 AM
Victor Sevornum

The Pioneer kicks violently to the side as the powerful beam tears into its leg. A glance to the damage report display shows that another hit will take the leg off entirely. Just what I don't need. Keeping his current altitude, Victor continues flying northeast to skim the edge of the cliffs ahead of him. As he flies forward, he squeezes his controls tightly in frustration. They've got to have some kind of sensor mask - if they have line of sight and are anywhere within 10 clicks, I should be able to pick them up. As he starts pulling around the side of the cliffs, he engages the Comm.

++Roger, Shredder. We've confirmed a shooter to the north, and suspect one to the east. Grenadier, can you use that booster to close ground with one of them? The sooner we get them into skirmish range, the sooner they'll stop pegging us off.++

OOC:
Action 1: Move 4 hexes northeast
Action 2: Move 2 hexes northeast, turn to face north, move 1 hex north - ending at 0506

Orzorz
2007-12-01, 02:51 PM
Long Yi

++I copy...++ Too glad to be finally able to deal with the pesky gunner, Yi forgets to deactivate the mic and goes on, ++System, reset all! It's time to die!++

Sliding backwards the Xeku leaps off the cliff, taking a 180 as it lands. It heads towards the gunner like on steroids, ignoring any necessary evasive manuvers,

Free Action: Backstep 1 hex to 1919, turn to face upper-right.
Action 1+2: Using GES, move 14 hex straight to 1112 and face up. Will take any damage from the "fall" of 2 hex height. If there is no such rule, use booster instead, and end up at 1212.

Shield rolls, if applicable:
MR(5) + M. Melee(1) + DA(0) + 1d10
[roll0],[roll1],[roll2],[roll3]

Fisher
2007-12-01, 09:34 PM
The Valentine
With Shelby's help, Chris had managed to locate a gurney to carry Anita down the hall. As they wheeled her into the medical ward, Hector met them at the door. The middle aged man was tall and lean. His beard was trimmed and neat, while his once thick, dark-brown hair had begun to thin and gray over the years.

"My God, as if this couldn't get any worse," he muttered. Calculating the situation, he quickly began to issue orders to the nearby attendants.

"Carter, I'll need an IV for Karn. Miller, prep the ultrasound. We need to find out if that bullet pierced her aortic valve or spleen. If it did, we've got a lot of work on our hands. In the meantime tell Wallace to ready the operating room."

Noticing that Chris and Shelby were still waiting, standing in a half-stunned daze Hector shouted, "If you two are done I'll have to ask you to leave. We don't need anyone in our way."

With that, the two found themselves outside the medical ward once more. There was nothing else could do for the captain. Only hope and pray that they had gotten her to the doctors in time.

The Battlefield
Closing in on the shooter, Salee and Long Yi notice a fourth drone hovering to the east. Before they can react, the sniper fires three more shots. One at each of the incoming combatants, and one at the drone. The shots bore several chunks off the Shredder's Left Arm and the Grenadier's Torso. The third reflects off the drone's shield, and catches the unsuspecting Long Yi by surprise. The beam strikes the Grenadier's arm, and knocks Long Yi's burst rifle to the ground.

__________

OOC
Orzorz: Weapon was dropped into 0813.
Storm: I moved your character based on your last turn.

Maps
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_7_2.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_7_1.jpg
Enemy Data

Triad Prototype Alpha-09
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor
Torso|12/12|5/5
Head|5/5|5/5
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

SR1(Height: 0)
KO

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO

SR2(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|8/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]


Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|6/6|5/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|6/6
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/8|5/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 1) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|4/7|4/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

averagejoe
2007-12-05, 01:40 PM
Salee

Salee swore once more as his cockpit rattled from the impact. He gunned the Shredder forward, the robot streaking toward the enemy mech. Punching his GES thrusters to maximum, he moves the Shredder into positon to crash headlong into the enemy.

Move forward and make a dropkick attack-roll is in the OOC thread.

TheGreatJabu
2007-12-06, 02:46 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor tilts his mecha over on its side to begin pulling it back towards the northeast. He keeps a wary eye to the east as he flies through the open gap between his previous cover and the new set of cliffs he is approaching. If we can keep behind these plateaus as we approach, we'll minimize the number of hits we take. ++Stormhammer, reduce altitude to get some protection. We'll need your fire support in good working order to make him sweat. Otherwise he'll waste me as I close to melee range.++

OOC:
Action 1: Turn to face northeast, move 3 hexes forward to 0805.
Action 2: Move 3 hexes forward to 1103, turn to face north.

Assuming Victor and the Pioneer survive, my next upgrades are DEFINITELY going into some Thruster upgrades. :smallannoyed:

Orzorz
2007-12-06, 11:48 AM
Long Yi

Despite taking several shots, the Xeku didn't slow the even slightest. The only shot that seemed to have effect was the one on the right elbow joint, which caused the arm to fling wildly, dropping the burst rifle.

Nevermind, it's no use here anyway...

As Salee pins down the gunner, Yi boosts in at full speed...

Action 1:Move 14 hex with jumpjet to 1402.
Free action: Walk 2 hex to 1601, face down.
Action 2: Attack gunner 1 with custom beam sword, damage 6.
Attack:MR(5) + M.Melee(1) +WA(1) + Luck(2) + 1d10
Hit roll:[roll0], [roll1]
Location roll:[roll2], [roll3]

Shield roll (1700, 1701, 1602, 1501):
MR(5) + M. Melee(1) + DA(0) + 1d10
[roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]
Slashed out due to error.
Action 1+2: GES to 1705, speding 1 MA to turn in between.

Fisher
2007-12-12, 12:08 PM
The Battlefield
As Salee charged the sniper a flicker of light could be seen forming about the enemy mech. Before anything substantial could form the Shredder slammed feet first into the Triad's torso, knocking it to the ground.

As the Triad rose from it's fallen position, it's left-arm reached for a knife hidden behind it's back. With a python's accuracy, the blade struck upwards, skewering into the Shredder's faceplate with an electrical *hiss*.

With it's right arm, it aimed a shot underneath it's outstretched left arm and let off a shot point blank to the Shredder's "stomach". Time seemed to standstill as the audible *click* of the rifle was announced. Fortunately that was all that was heard, as the gun seemed to malfunction, momentarily.

Removing the knife from the Shredder's face, the Triad took a step backwards. As if complimenting it's own work, the machine nodded in approval. While the opponent stepped back the flicker of light could be seen once more about the machine. Perhaps the lighting system was on the fritz.


OOC
Just a quick reminder
To use all the MA of a movement type takes two actions. You can only move half of your MA in a single action. Also, don't forget that you CAN'T use your free action to walk and use your other two actions to move. See the houserule section in the info thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66275)for the full description.
Maps
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_8_2.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_8_1.jpg
Enemy Data

Triad Prototype Alpha-09
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor
Torso|10/12|4/5
Head|5/5|5/5
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

SR1(Height: 0)
KO

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO

SR2(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|8/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]


Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|6/6|5/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|5/6
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/8|5/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 1) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|4/7|4/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

TheGreatJabu
2007-12-12, 07:53 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor continues his machine on its cautious advance towards the enemy. A glance at his Friendlies indicator shows that Salee's mecha is beginning to show substantial damage all across its upper body. I've got to hope that sniper is the only one - with any luck, the shots from the east were just deflections. He then continues northward and leaves the coverage of the plateaus behind him.

OOC:
Action 1: Fly 4 hexes north to 1120
Action 2: Turn 1 hex to face northeast, move 3 hexes to 1419

averagejoe
2007-12-13, 02:58 AM
Salee

Salee gritted his teeth as the Shredder's cabin shook once more. ++Hey, newbie,++ Salee says over the comn, ++back off, this one's mine!++ Giving no heed to either the light around the enemy mech or the gun failure, Salee launches immediately into an attack.

Use every action to attack with pincers (7 damage each).

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Orzorz
2007-12-13, 12:28 PM
Long Yi

Without a word, Yi drives the GES to maximum, causing a ball of dust to cover Salee, the gunner and himeslf. The only significant light that one can see is the flash from the Xeku's sensor, and it strikes from the rear!

As the plasma torch rips through the gunner, Yi speaks through the comm, obviously directing at Salee,++...Make me.++

Action 1: Move to 1601 with GES, turn to face down.
Action 2: Attack gunner 1 with custom beam sword, called-shot to torso, damage 6.
Attack:
MR(5) + M.Melee(1) +WA(1) + Luck(2) + 1d10
[roll0], [roll1]
Location:[roll2], [roll3]

Shield roll (1701, 1702, 1603, 1502):
MR(5) + M. Melee(1) + DA(0) + 1d10
[roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]

Fisher
2007-12-17, 04:40 PM
The BattleField
The sniper barely dodged the two attacks from Salee, but was unable to move in time to avoid Long Yi's stab from behind. Before the beam sword could reach the Triad's armor the light around the prototype returned and solidified into a mesh of energy, nullifying the attack.

Being outnumbered, the Triad sped away, turned 180 degrees, and fired off two shots towards it's attackers. The Shredder nimbly dodges the attack, but the Grenadier is not as fortunate. The shot bores through several layer of armor on the mecha's leg.

Meanwhile, as Victor approaches one of the drones, the bug unleashes a salvo of missiles in the Pioneer's direction. Victor's AML shoots down several of the missiles while his fast reflexes allow him to avoid the rest.

OOC
Sorry for the quick post, trying to get a few things caught up before work.
Maps
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_9.jpg
Enemy Data

Triad Prototype Alpha-09
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor
Torso|10/12|4/5
Head|5/5|5/5
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]
Energy Field -6 SP

SR1(Height: 0)
KO

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO

SR2(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|8/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]


Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|10/12|5/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|3/6|4/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|5/6
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/8|5/6
R.Arm|8/8|6/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 1) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|4/7|4/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Orzorz
2007-12-17, 07:40 PM
Long Yi

***! Stand-alone drones, combat cloak, energy shield...This is NOT something you can get easily even in the army! What are we going against?

The hit causes the Xeku to topple immediately, but with a few violent bursts from the boosters, Yi manages to keep it on its legs.

++Grenadier to all, NRG weapons back to pockets, they got F.Fields.++

The arms of the Xeku goes limp, as the plasma torch goes off and the shield slides back to near the elbow. It looks exactly like how a mecha would stand in a hanger, but on a closer look, you can see the fingers of both hands wriggling, from the little finger to the thumb, one by one, repeatly. A second later, it lunges out against the gunner.

++...Salee, how about we split this 50/50? You rip off the mecha's limbs, and I rip the pilot's! You deal?++

Action 1: Move 5 hex with GES to 1200, facing lower-right.
Action 2: Grapple gunner!
MR(5) + M.H2H(4) + Luck(6) + 1d10
[roll0]

TheGreatJabu
2007-12-28, 03:10 AM
Victor Sevornum

As the drone begins to spew a volley of missiles, Victor pulls a quick dip to the right and dead-fires his AMS beam forward to clear that trajectory. His gambit paid off and he successfully evaded the attack. As he continues to advance on the drone, he finally begins to feel more confident about this battle. "Seems that your sniper is the only one with any talent at hitting." As he draws near the insectoid machine, Victor releases another small barrage from his leg-mounted rockets.

OOC:
Action 1: Move 4 hexes forward to 1817
Action 2: Firing Rocket Pod, 5 rockets! MR (5) + Mecha Missiles (1) - WA (1) + 1d10 = [roll0]
Initial Location (Yeah right, like I'll hit with my ROCKETS - just doing it to mix it up) :smallredface: [roll1]

averagejoe
2007-12-29, 02:02 PM
Salee

Salee grinned in spite of himself. ++Don't be too hasty to off the pilot. He has some questions to answer, and then he's in for a world of hurt!++

Salee encouraged the Shredder forward, and the machine ran toward the enemy. ++Also,++ said Salee as he moved the shredder forward once more, ++What was all that about pockets?++ The Shredder's claws lanced forward once more.

Move to 1301, make a dismemberment attack.

[roll0]

Storm Bringer
2008-01-04, 01:22 PM
Rob ignored the duel to the north, consentrating of the drone to his front. he was pretty much in missiles optium range, so he loosed a trio at the drone to join the quintet form Victor.

ooc:

action 1: fly north-east
action 2: fire 3 missles @ drone2 [roll0] location: [roll1]

Fisher
2008-01-10, 01:17 AM
The BattleField
The Triad attempted to avoid both attacks launched by Long Yi and Salee. As the agile frame sidestepped it's foes advances, their attacks bounced off the protype's energy field harmlessly. The machine couldn't even be grappled, it's spherical field preventing the Grenadier from grabbing anything substantial.

As Salee and Long Yi struggled to damage the Triad, Rob and Victor were having their own trouble. While Rob hammered his opponent with missiles, the Pioneer's rockets veered off course. As chunks of parts fell from the drones tail, its eyes glowed and engines flared. With a sudden burst of power it rushed the Stormhammer in a desperate tackle. Unknowingly, from the south, SR3 was performing a similar move and rushed haphazardly in the Pioneer's direction.

By facing the attack head-on, Rob was prepared enough to dodge the speeding tackle. Victor was blindsided, however, and the drone clipped him as it charged past. Using it's tail as a spring, SR3 somersaulted off the Pioneer's shoulder and landed softly several meters away. The sound of the collision echoed across the desert floor, reaching the ears of the others. It was at that moment the Triad chose to counter. Launching into the sky with a sudden jump, the sniper twisted mid-air and fired two shots at his attackers. The beams rained down like a sudden hail storm and riped chunks of servo and parts off of the Shredder's and Grenadier's frames.

OOC
Alright! Connection seems to be working so here's the update. :smallcool:

Couple of quick notes...
Orzorz: The mech doesn't have combat cloak, or any other cloaking. You guys couldn't see him because he was originally around 30 or more hexes away (Somewhere about a mile in distance).

Jabu: Your mecha was tackled, so you lose one action this coming turn. No damage was taken.

Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_10.jpg
Enemy Data

Triad Prototype Alpha-09
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor
Torso|10/12|4/5
Head|5/5|5/5
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

SR1(Height: 0)
KO'd

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO'd

SR3(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|8/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]

SR2(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|8/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|3/3|2/2(8)
Right Wing|3/3|2/2(8)[/table]


Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|8/8|5/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|3/6|4/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|5/6
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/8|5/6
R.Arm|6/8|5/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 1) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|4/7|4/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

averagejoe
2008-01-10, 12:52 PM
Salee

Salee winces at the impact, but focuses on the battle at hand. He urges the Shredder forward once more, knowing that he has to finish this quickly.

Free action-move to 1400.

Spend the rest of the round attacking his torso.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Orzorz
2008-01-10, 01:10 PM
Long Yi

As the Xeku takes a hit again, Yi decides to hold back the talking and deal with the gunner fast.

Fields huh? I'll see how you burn like popcorn when I overload it!

Free action: Walk to 1501, facing up.
Action 1: Attack with custom beam sword.
MR(5) + M.Melee(1) +WA(1) + 1d10
Attack: [roll0], [roll1]
Location:[roll2]
Action 2: Attack with custom beam sword.
MR(5) + M.Melee(1) +WA(1) + 1d10
Attack: [roll3], [roll4]
Location:[roll5]

Shield roll (1401, 1402, 1500, 1601):
MR(5) + M. Melee(1) + DA(0) + 1d10
[roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]

TheGreatJabu
2008-01-11, 01:21 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor notices only too late that the drone to the south has come careening towards him. By quickly tilting his mecha forward, he is able to avoid a damaging crash, but the drone's blow sent the Pioneer tumbling over in the air. Victor's hands grip firmly on the controls and his muscles tense as he struggles to regain control. After a few moments of spinning in mid-air he begins to get his bearings once again, and launches another small volley of rockets down at the drone to discourage it from a quick counterattack.

OOC: More rockets! They haven't failed me yet! Oh wait...
MR (5) + M.Missiles (1) + WA (-1) + 1d10 = [roll0]

Storm Bringer
2008-02-05, 03:42 AM
rob muttered curses under his breath at the continuing resistance this bloody droid was showing, and fired once agian, hoping to end this and help his freinds to the north. this was taking too long, and too much ammo.

ooc:

actions:
fire 3 missles twice at the drone:
attack one: [roll0], location [roll1]
attack two: [roll2] location [roll3]

Fisher
2008-02-06, 06:07 PM
The BattleField
Explosions fill the late night air as Rob's and Victor's missiles collide with the hovering drones. Unable to withstand the damage, they both fell quickly to the ground, shooting stars.

Unlike it's cohorts, the Triad fairs far better in the battle. By deftly dodging the two blows from Long Yi and absorbing the attacks from Salee's fists he was able to remain unharmed. As he moved about defensively, both Salee and Long Yi noticed the force field flicker momentarily before it stabilized. Although resistant so far, it was obviously weakening.

Knowing that the Triad's shields were growing thin, its pilot opted another assault. Raising it's rifle to bear against it's attackers, it fired off three shots. The proximity worked to Salee's advantage, who skillfully evaded two of the shots. Long Yi was not as fortunate, as the sky lit momentarily as the blast connected with his frame.

OOC
Things begin to look in our heroes favor! One crippled drone and One mobile suit remaining.

Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_11.jpg
Enemy Data

Triad Prototype Alpha-09
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor
Torso|10/12|4/5
Head|5/5|5/5
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

SR1(Height: 0)
KO'd

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO'd

SR2
KO'd!

SR3
KO'd!


Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|3/8|4/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|3/6|4/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|5/6
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/8|5/6
R.Arm|6/8|5/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 1) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|4/7|4/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

TheGreatJabu
2008-02-06, 08:41 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor was almost stunned when his rockets managed to strike home into the drone. When a series of explosions rocked the insectoid machine, Victor kicked his thrusters up to full and began to pull north. In the solitude of his own cockpit, he has an oddly amused look on his face. "Huh. Guess those rockets were a better 'distraction' than I'd intended." Now readying himself to move in to help the others in the 'real' fight, Victor opens up the Comm to his allies.

++All drones on scope disabled. Let's finish this.++

OOC:
Action 1: Move forward 1 hex, turn to face north, move forward 2 hexes to 1914
Action 2: Move forward 4 hexes to 1910

Orzorz
2008-02-07, 04:42 AM
Long Yi

Seeing that the Triad's shield flicker, Yi finally calms down a bit, despite still being unable to land a solid blow on it.

...it can be taken! It can be taken! Yi, calm down and you can...!

The actions of the Xeku seems however the opposite. It charges straight towards the Triad with it shields raised high, obviously going for a ram.

But right before connecting, it suddenly dives low, barrages the Triad's 'groin' with swift punches, and darts away.


Free action: Move to 1601.

Action 1: Attack with punch, called shot to torso, damage 3.
MR(5) + M.H2H(4) +WA(0) + 1d10
Attack: [roll0], [roll1]
Action 2: Attack with punch, called shot to torso, damage 3.
MR(5) + M.H2H(4) +WA(0) + 1d10
Attack: [roll2], [roll3]

Free action: Move back to 1501, facing up.

Shield roll (1401, 1402, 1500, 1601):
MR(5) + M. Melee(1) + DA(0) + 1d10
[roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]

Storm Bringer
2008-02-07, 02:32 PM
Rob glanced around, and saw that the drones were down, if not out. Rob turned north and jetted towards the mech (even in battle, what a joy it was to fly again). feeling that some answers would be good about now, rob flicked his comm to a open channel for a moment.

++Hostile Mobile Suit, This is Robert North of the Valentine team. You're outnumbered four to one. Power down and surrender. You will not be asked agian.++

he didn't expect it to work, black ops people being the sort to go down fighting, but hey, if they got someone to question about this, all the better.


actions:
fly north
fly north some more.:smallbiggrin:

averagejoe
2008-02-07, 09:50 PM
Salee

Salee was focused entirely on what was in front of him; he hadn't noticed the flickering force field, and the transmissions from Victor and Rob were lost to his subconcious. All that existed was his enemy.

"I've gotta break through sometime. Gotta break through, gotta break through. Tear, shatter, shatter, tear, shred." His mutterings were rhythmic, and his head bobbed with each syllable as he brought his weapons to bear.

Attack the torso. 7 kills each, as always.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Fisher
2008-02-12, 10:47 AM
The BattleField
The six consecutive hits from Salee and Long Yi's weapons, after several attempts, finally overloaded the Triad's energy field. With an explosion of pressure the field burst like an overfilled balloon. Trails of steam and heat ascended from the enemy mech as it's frame adjusted to the sudden blast of pressure.

Before allowing itself to be attacked further, the Triad's jumped away and maneuvered southward, turning 180 degrees to face it's attackers. Raising it's rifle to bear on the Grenadier, it stood silent. It was then that the comms began to buzz...

++Tell ya what pally, if you lot pay the same as those penny-pinchers who hired me, I'll gladly surrender. I'm only a hired gun, much like yourselves after all. Pay a little extra and I'll even tell ya what I know about Mr. Cam and his crew.++

Map
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Battle_3_12-2.jpg
Enemy Data

Triad Prototype Alpha-09
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor
Torso|10/12|4/5
Head|5/5|5/5
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]
Shield is down!

SR1(Height: 0)
KO'd

SR5(Height: 0)
{table]Servo Type|Servo|Armor
Torso|3/8|2/2(8)
Head|4/4|2/2(8)
Tail|4/4|2/2(8)
Left Wing|0/3|0/2(8)
Right Wing|0/3|0/2(8)[/table]

SR4(Height: 0)
KO'd

SR2
KO'd!

SR3
KO'd!


Player Data

Orzorz (Height: 0) (Page 14)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|5/5
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|3/8|4/5
R.Arm|8/8|5/5
L.Leg|3/6|4/5
R.Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]

Joe (Height: 0) (Page 13)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|5/6
Torso|7/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/8|5/6
R.Arm|6/8|5/6
L.Leg|6/6|6/6
R.Leg|6/6|6/6[/table]

Storm (Height: 3) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|5/5|4/4
Torso|12/12|4/5
L.Arm|2/6|3/4
R.Arm|6/6|4/4
L.Leg|7/7|5/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

Jabu (Height: 1) (Page 12)
{table]Servo|Kills|SP
Head|2/5|4/5
Torso|10/12|4/6
L.Arm|6/6|5/5
R.Arm|6/6|5/5
L.Leg|4/7|4/5
R.Leg|7/7|5/5[/table]

TheGreatJabu
2008-02-12, 02:37 PM
Victor Sevornum

When Rob's demand for surrender was actually answered, Victor was caught by surprise. He slowed his jets and began to let his mecha settle down towards the sandy earth below. The pilot could be lying...but if he isn't, we can't afford to lose the information he could give us. He engages the Comm to the unit's private frequency. ++Hold your fire for a moment. If this person is so easy to switch sides, their trustworthiness is questionable. However, for inside info on our former employer, it's worth the risk.++

OOC: Suspicion!
Action 1: Human Perception (4) + Empathy (9) + 1d10 = [roll0]
Action 2: Move forward 3 hexes to 1907, reduce elevation 1 hex

averagejoe
2008-02-12, 10:34 PM
Salee

Salee manuvered the Shredder to face the enemy mecha, though he made no actively hostile actions. ++That sounds like a good deal, pally,++ Salee sneered through the transmitter, ++Pilot like you, with your fancy gun. Here's my offer. You tell us what you know, then stew in the brig for awhile so we can decide whether to hire you. You can get this for the cheap price of me not killing you.++

Orzorz
2008-02-14, 11:48 AM
Long Yi

Yi had already turned his Xeku to face the Triad, ready to strike again. But as he hears the comm come alive, he loosens his grip on the twin control sticks. Switching to the unit's channel, he adds to the conversation, sounding obviously impatient.

++He is just buying time to recharge the shield! If I were...whatever! Heavy Recon, activate whatever sensors you got and lock him, I don't want to lose him because of some smoke or flashbang trick!++

No 'if's...Different place, different rules. It's group decision here.

Free action: Turn to face lower right.

Just in case any fancy sniper fire or whatever cruise missle fire support comes...
Awareness check:[roll0]

Storm Bringer
2008-02-14, 12:14 PM
++As long as your mech is under power and moving, we will consider you a threat and treat you as such, no expections. If you want to talk, Power down, right now.++ Rob replied, his voice as hard as steel. to reinforce the point, he locked on with everything he had left. most of it was out of range still, but the warning tones in his cockpit would underline his demand..

ooc:

action one: move north some more.
action two: spend a round aiming at the Triad

Fisher
2008-02-17, 06:50 PM
The Negotiation
After a short, silent pause the comm channel reopened:

++"Alright pally's, alright. No need to get hostile. In the end I value my own life more than a few thousand credits after all. Tell ya what, here's a counter-offer. I'll tell you lot what I know and ya let me go, and I won't have my last drone unload it's remaining payload of missiles straight at your wounded ship. I think that sounds fair, don't you?"

The comm cuts off momentarily, then buzzes to life once more:

++"I'd suggest you don't try rushing back there or something else... implusive. Try it and I'll fire the missiles anyway. It'll only take a flip of a switch."++

OOC

Stormbringer: Mech is now located at hex 1408.
Jabu: Mech is now located at hex 1907.
Orzorz: For the moment, besides the obvious missile threat, it doesn't appear that the sniper is going to try anything else for the time being. The pilot is still prone for battle, however, if anyone attempts something.

Orzorz
2008-02-20, 03:29 PM
Long Yi

Even though the Triad pilot seems to soften, the red outline around it's image on the main screen indicates that it's still got the Xeku locked.

Yi is still having a loose grip on the twin control sticks, tapping both his index fingers on it in-turn, giving himself a rough idea about how long had the Negotiation has gone.

++He stays until we know whatever he spits out is real.++ Knowing that he is not a smooth talker, Yi just contributes to the unit channel, and continues with the spotting.

Awareness:[roll0]

TheGreatJabu
2008-02-26, 10:38 PM
Victor Sevornum

When hearing the pilot's threat, Victor's eyes reflexively flit back towards their downed vessel. I don't know if the drone has a heavy enough payload to really threaten the ship. Still, this person needs to feel some semblance of control in the situation. I can offer that. After a second, he opens the Comm to the enemy pilot. His voice is completely level (and surprisingly, warm and soothing for the typically-flat mechajock).

++Relax, friend. It's obvious that you're a professional who knows how to play ball; we're not going to try to screw you here. We want information, not your head. What happened here today cost us dearly, and someone is going to pay. We're giving you the chance to choose if it'll be Mr. Cam or yourself who gets stuck with the bill. That gives us something in common - both of us want it to be Cam. We want everything you know about the man.++

OOC:
Persuasion check - Persuasion (2) + Cool (10) + Luck (2) + 1d10 = [roll0]
My anger will be limitless if I roll a 1 or 2 on this. Helloooo, jinx!

TheGreatJabu
2008-02-26, 10:39 PM
OOC: HELL YES! Thank you, Dice Roller. We don't always get along, but you know I love ya baby! :smallbiggrin:

Persuasion: 24 + [roll0] = Total Persuasion

averagejoe
2008-02-27, 12:42 AM
Salee

Salee shook with rage, at both himself and the enemy pilot. He silently cursed himself for not finishing the drone when he had the chance, and his hands reflexively reached for the Shredder's fire controls. Responses raced through his head, each one vying for dominance. You're dead, scumbag. Dead. You will not escape from me. I will destroy everything you hold dear if you dare fire those missiles. Come on, fire, if you're prepared to deal with what comes! Ha! You think you can threaten us like that? Finally, Salee spoke into his comn, his voce shaky but controlled. ++I have no reason to kill you. Do not give me one.++

Storm Bringer
2008-02-29, 06:25 AM
++So start speaking, then. who the hell hired you?++ rob asked, putting his mech down on the ground. Aussming they gave you a name......

Fisher
2008-03-03, 06:49 AM
There's another pause before the pilot answers, this time much longer than the first. After several minutes pass, the comm buzzes to life:

++I'll remember that pally. Don't worry, when I call off a job it's for good. ++ The pilot calmly responds to Salee's threat.

++I was hired several weeks ago. My job was ta cripple the Valentine's mecha capabilities anyway possible. From my experience, the easiest way ta do that is to target the pilots. Cam told me ya would be making a pit stop in WestTooth before leaving for the rendezvous point.++

++The job looked easy enough. All I had ta do was rough up the pilots a little. Maybe have you tossed in the clink long enough to get ya out of the way. Unfortunately, you ran off before the majority of the drones I'd hacked could reach ya. Since I couldn't risk sending tha drones into a crowded sector, I had to wait till now.++

The comm cut off, momentarily. During the pause the Triad raises it's gun so its barrel pointed harmlessly toward the sky.

++As for Mr. Cam there isn't much to tell. After he hired me, we weren't in contact much. I did run a few background checks. One thing I learned was that, despite working for a section of the government, it seems he's been on vacation leave for the past 2 weeks.




More to come shortly. Have to run to classes, which prevents me from finishing the above. Apologies for the delay.

Storm Bringer
2008-03-03, 07:30 AM
Rob grunted. It figured.that Mr. Cam wasn't working for his government on this part of the op. If the Americans had planned to kill them form the start, why'd they bother paying them for the rescue op? He might well have arranged the 'rebel' attack on the base that stole the data in the first place. seemed a convoluted way to get the stuff, but he'd heard of worse.

Fisher
2008-03-06, 09:12 AM
"Now, here's something that might help you lot out a tad more."

As the pilot says these words a small, windowed map pops up in the corner of your display screen. In your immediate area it shows five flashing lights, four of which are red and one of which is yellow. Moving quickly, shown nearly forty miles away, is a single green light.

"This is the tracking program I use for all my bug drones. If ya hadn't guessed: red means terminated, yellow means damaged, and green means operational. Before our friend Mr. Cam ran off, I left one of my drones on his ship. Just in case he failed to pay the second half of my commission.

"So, we square now? I've got bills to pay and other jobs to finish and standing here isn't getting me closer to either," the pilot said impatiently.

Storm Bringer
2008-03-06, 09:42 AM
Robs eybrow rose questioningly when the map came up. They had a sub-orbital transport and they were less than forty miles away? He flicked his comm to the valentine's channel.

++Valentine, do you read? How long before flight ops are restored?++ It would be good if they could get after them quickly, but unlikey.

he quickly flicked over to the team channel
++anyone got any more questions or shall we let him go?++

Orzorz
2008-03-06, 01:57 PM
Long Yi

How long was it? Two or three minutes? The distance...Not impossible if it needs time for accleration, and the altitude?

After calling up a few menus on the touch screen, Yi then speaks directly to the Triad pilot.

++Max range? And by how did you got to leave it on ship and activated?++

Yi frees up the channel as soon as he finishes, but on the Triad's screen, there appears an request for datalink, obviously asking for the tracking program.

Worst case sceanrio, hack and self-destruct...

TheGreatJabu
2008-03-07, 02:23 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor takes in the information he's been told. He's just now realizing how cold he feels; in the battle his mecha had been running hot and he'd been sweating, but now that his body was starting to relax he could feel his skin starting to goosebump. With the Triad pilot's final admission of the drone code, Victor finally begins to feel a sense of accomplishment. Good. We'll be seeing you again, Cam.

When asked for permission to leave, Victor opens up the Comm. ++I've got one more thing, then you can beat it. The first contact with Cam. Anything you can tell us about it, such as how he contacted you, and where he made have heard of you? If you've got associates you think he might hire, let them know that working with him is asking for trouble.++

Fisher
2008-03-11, 09:32 AM
++Valentine, do you read? How long before flight ops are restored?++ It would be good if they could get after them quickly, but unlikey.


++Rob, this is Jimmy. It's not looking good for the side engine. We'll be down for at least 20-40 minutes until we can get it operational. For the time being we're doing the best patch job we can.++ he says over the comm. As he speaks, you detect a hint of worry in his voice, as if something else has gone wrong.


[QUOTE=Orzorz;4028206]Long Yi
After calling up a few menus on the touch screen, Yi then speaks directly to the Triad pilot.

++Max range? And by how did you got to leave it on ship and activated?++



Victor Sevornum
When asked for permission to leave, Victor opens up the Comm. ++I've got one more thing, then you can beat it. The first contact with Cam. Anything you can tell us about it, such as how he contacted you, and where he made have heard of you? If you've got associates you think he might hire, let them know that working with him is asking for trouble.++


++"Tha signal will reach out about 450 miles. The drone itself doesn't need to be active, as long as the transmitter remains intact. The drone is still holed up in one of those storage pods, out of sighte and out of mind.++

++"I'm sorry pally, but I can't go about giving away me contact information. Makes it awfully hard to do future business. I'll tell ya this though, he contacted me through a woman named Agatha Bailey. She's the one who first offered me tha job and set up the meet with Cam. If ya end up losing Cam, she's the one to find.++

---------------------------------------------

Orzorz: Examining the datalink you see nothing malicious about the request or the inherent code. As far as you can tell the link is clean.

Orzorz
2008-03-13, 02:56 PM
Long Yi

At least clean on the outside, fair enough...

++This is Grenadier, I'm going after that Cam guy, and keep him in track range however long possible,++ Yi's fingers dances on the touch screen as he speaks, ++I'm cutting off all datalinks except the comm, do not reconnect.++

As he ends the transmittion, the GES thrusters of the Xeku glows blue once again.

Action:Cut off datalink with Valatine and activate the tracking program. Then head back to 0813 for the rifle, then go after the transport.

Storm Bringer
2008-03-13, 04:14 PM
++Understood. Our attackers are pulling back, and we've managed to get some info on the people who set us up. we also got a bearing on thier location. If you can spare the men, could you get some replacement ordannce ready to load? I've used a lot of the my missles dealing with these bloody drones, and the others will need a re-arm as well. We've taken some damage as well, though we're all still combat ready++ rob linked a feed of the drones data back to the valentine, along with the com records of their talks with the merc, and a copy of their ammunition expenditures and damage.

++I saw the captian get shot. what's happened to her? is she going to be alright?++

TheGreatJabu
2008-03-13, 04:38 PM
Victor Sevornum

As Long Yi gets ready to jet off, Victor opens the private Comm to the unit. ++Don't be so hasty. We need repairs, and we won't catch him on-foot. Our first priority is to our people on the Valentine. Revenge can wait.++

With that said, he brings his attention back to their former enemy. ++Agatha Bailey? If you can tell us the city to find her in, that's all we need out of you. You've got a nice machine there; go get it fixed up. Choose an employer who won't leave you high-and-dry next time.++

averagejoe
2008-03-14, 05:40 PM
Salee

"We should just kill him," Salee mutters to himself, but not trusting himself to speak, he stays silent. Oh, well, at least they had a lead. "This guy just better hope that I never run into him again. Then things will be different." Salee sighed and sent a signal out to the Valentine letting them know that he'd be returning as soon as the enemy pilot was gone and out of sight.