PDA

View Full Version : Giant freaking robots.



Pages : [1] 2

YPU
2007-07-09, 03:45 PM
The valentine is an old ship, but it works. What’s more is that it still is fast enough to outrun most problems one would have in orbit these days. Its name is as old as the ship itself and the only reason it still caries it is that the name has been welded onto the hull with inch think letters. Originally a drop ship it consists of a thin hull spire with a think head for the cockpit and a think end for the thrusters. The spire is lined by 12 modular container holders, originally designed to carry containers it now holds the drop pods used for the mecha used by the unit. The placing of individual pods changes every now and then, so actually finding your mecha might be a problem once in a while. After a few shifts in ranks it seems the mercenaries now have settled on a distinctive group of pilots again. They now are all aboard together with their machines.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/152/valentinepg7.th.png (http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=valentinepg7.png)
((onboard are about 40 men crew, engineers pilots and a captain, others roles can also be filled by your characters if you want, things like cook and stuff))

Valdren
2007-07-09, 11:39 PM
Without any immediate work, Annastriana (you would know her by Ann) was sitting in her mech playing with the sensors as she regularly did. She flipped through the profiles of each of the boarded mecha for the hundreth time before finally putting her goggles on her head and heading out to her room after locking her mech. She wore her flak vest, combat boots, and camo pants as per usual. When she got into her room, she pulled out her harmonica and played some blues music, passing time before her orders came in

plainsfox
2007-07-10, 11:08 AM
It was not an image that Gerald Tighe liked to see. His precious baby, a Werewolf Transformable 'Mecha, lay dissected on the bay floor as technicians slowly pieced the war machine back together. "Oftentimes companies making transformable beast mecha go all out to eliminate any traces of the beast mecha form when they transform." the Chief Technician explained. "This puts god knows how much strain on the units. Luckily for you, it's not a hard modification to perform. It just gives the machine a more beast-like gait. You may want to take her out for a spin when we're done and get used to the gait and general movements. Once you're used to them, you should get the same degree of performance."

Tighe nodded vacantly. His mind was on other matters. "I see matters are well in hand here. I'm going to head to the bridge if you need me. I'm going to try to send a message out." The Technician waved and uttered "Good luck" and Gerald went on his way.

As Gerald made his way to the bridge he thought of his girlfriend, Erika. Erika tended to get lonely when he was away to long and had a score of friends. Some of them were the oily type that Gerald wouldn't trust any farther than he could throw his Werewolf.

What was he to do? He needed the money. His parents needed the money. Being comatose and badly wounded meant that someone else had to pay for the life support and Gerald did all that a duitiful son could. Still, there had to be some hope of making a big score soon.

TheGreatJabu
2007-07-10, 09:11 PM
Victor Sevornum


OOC: copy-pasted his appearance into my 1st IC post [it's an old habit I picked up to help everyone visualize him]

Victor Sevornum still maintains a fit build from his active life. He stands at about 5'11" and weighs around 180. Although he has pleasant-looking features, it is very uncommon to see him "made up". He has short black hair with long bangs he keeps parted in the middle, and he generally wears very casual clothes. Tee-shirts and jogging pants are common, but when he's on duty he will dress as plainly as he can get away with. An undistinguished olive-drab flight suit is his outfit-of-choice for missions, and when required to wear his formal uniform he wears nothing more than his nameplate and current rank.

Victor has a very light tan that comes naturally, and a very photographic angular jaw and chin. Many who know him joke that he'd be a good looking guy if he'd ever smile, but his facial expressions are short-lived at best. He has inherited the rich amethyst eyes of his mother that seem to compliment his seemingly constant state of pensiveness.


*Beep-beep* A small flash of light illuminates the interior of the common room for a split-second. Turning his camera up to see the digital image he has captured, the photo of a few of the crew sitting at a table dining and talking glows on the screen. This catches the attention of a few of them, who turn to look and seem somewhat unsurprised to see Victor standing several feet away. There are a few mutters about "that weirdo army shrink" and they go back to their dealings.

It's not a bad one, Victor thinks to himself. Paying the men no more attention, he brushes his dark bangs back to the sides of his face and begins to exit the common room to head towards the rear of the ship. On occasion when he passes another person he will attempt to snap a picture of them if he believes that they won't notice until it's too late to react.

Fisher
2007-07-11, 02:43 PM
Darin Frost

Toolkit, Toolkit where could I've left it..., Darin thought as he navigated the halls.

Having only joined the crew a month ago, he still had trouble finding things in the interior of the Valentine. Not to say he didn't often lose things anyway. Walking aimlessly throughout the ship he continued to search, stopping in engineering, the storage area, the common area, and even in the medic facilities.

Still no luck, eh? Maybe someone else has seen it.

Hearing music coming from down the hall, he politely knocks on Ann's door.
"Sorry to bug ya Ann, but have you seen my toolkit laying around? I thought it was in engineering but now its gone. Without it I can't modify the GES emitters on the V-1"

Valdren
2007-07-11, 08:04 PM
Annastirana

Ann heard the knock and put her harmonica in a breast pouch at her heart. She clambered from the corner she was sitting in and swung the door open rather abruptly. she hung on the door and gave Darin a quizical look
"Your toolkit? no, but if you ask nicely you can use mine. I can get it from the mech I drive."
What kind of idiot loses a toolkit? Was the first thing that ran through her head as she looked at him
And why does everyone feel there mech needs a name, anyway? Was the second

Fisher
2007-07-12, 03:46 AM
Darin
"Nah, don't worry about it. I think I'll take a look around for a bit more. Thanks anyway." With a nod goodbye and a slight turn he continues down the hall.

Ann's comment,however, got him to thinking, maybe I left it in the mech. Probably should've looked there in the first place.

Turning around once more, Darin heads towards the mecha storage area in search of the kit. After all, the job wasn't going to get itself done if he just left it alone.

Valdren
2007-07-12, 11:08 AM
Annastriana

"Alright, good luck to ya" she said as she closed the door and went back to her corner. She pulled out her harmonica and went back to playing the same song.

TheGreatJabu
2007-07-12, 11:54 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor hears speaking coming from further down the hall - a man and a woman - and sees someone exitting a room. It's a man with average height and build and mussy brown hair.

One of the mechanics? No, I think it's one of the other mecha pilots. From the way he keeps glancing around at the ground, I'd say he's looking for something. That'd make a great shot...

Without hesistation, Victor brings his camera to bear once again. *Beep-beep*

Fisher
2007-07-19, 01:55 AM
Darin
"Huh? whoa!," exclaims Darin as he nearly stumbles over his own feet. The hallway was the last place he expected to have his picture taken. Looking up with a chuckle and a smile while extending his hand in greeting he says,

"Hi there. Darin Frost. You wouldn't have happened to see a tool kit laying around anywhere, would you?"

Another pilot? Great, now I feel like more of an idiot than before. Seems like whenever I'm not working I'm a total clutz.

---------------------------------------------------
OC: Sorry for the delay, works been slightly busier the past few days.

TheGreatJabu
2007-07-19, 11:06 AM
Victor Sovernum

Victor seems to take no note of Darin's stumbling. He glances down at the image of the picture on the preview screen. Hmm. You can really see that this guy is reaching out for something. Very somber energy flow. It's good.

Looking back up, Victor speaks in a very plain (almost monotone) voice. The lack of emotion or variation in his speech is almost robotic. "Victor Sovernum." Shake his hand, people seem to like that. It's a very strange gesture - the symbolism seems to be lost on most people. Victor holds out his right hand to be shaken.

Victor then lifts his camera up in his left hand and begins pressing a few buttons with his thumb. "You see, I don't recall seeing any tools about. However, human memory is far from perfect, so let's check a few of these images." Pictures are so much simpler, more efficient, than real life.

After a few moments of scrolling, Victor stops. "Here we go. Is this them sitting on that table in the Commons room?"

Fisher
2007-07-19, 12:26 PM
Darin
Nice to meet you Victor replies Darin while shaking the man's hand.

After taking a few moments to view the picture he says"Actually, that's Marlo's toolkit from navigation. She was doing some maintenance on the bridge earlier and was taking a break in the common area. My kit is a little smaller and contains tools for circuitry work. It's probably in my mech's cockpit so I figure I'll check there."

Pausing a moment to look again at the picture he continues

"This is a good shot here, have you been working with cameras for long?".

TheGreatJabu
2007-07-19, 05:27 PM
Victor Sovernum

Victor nods thoughtfully when Darin explains about the toolkit in the picture. Lots of tools laying around this place. Who can blame them? If there was a simple device that could repair people, I'm sure it'd be strewn about just as much.

When asked about his photography, Victor looks down at the camera and begins flipping through old shots, seeming to pay great attention to each before he changes.

"Had a bit of an epiphany dealing with cameras back in my university days. Picked up the hobby then, but haven't practiced as much as I'd like." He looks up from the camera and starts making direct eye contact with Darin again. "The military seems to have a bit of a problem with unapproved taking of snapshots of the base, personnel, and whatnot. And here I thought that I seemed like a trustworthy guy."

If his tone had changed at all, you would have imagined that he was making a joke.

terror_drone
2007-07-19, 09:24 PM
Yuri Kane

Turning off the viewscreen, Yuri cursed to himself as he put a pale hand on his forehead,

How am I going to come up with that kind of money in such a short time? Chisato said that unless I can get that money together they're going to evict us. As much as I don't want to admit it but it seems I'm going to have to work here even longer.

Throwing on a light shirt, Yuri left his room, his anger could almost be felt rolling off him.

Storm Bringer
2007-07-20, 11:57 AM
Rob

Rob is a touch under six feet, with short brown hair in a nondiscript haircut. his eyes are brown as well, and his skin is tanned, but not excessively so. he normally wears his blue-gray one piece mech jumpsuit.

Robert North sat in his room. reading the football results His team was 2-nil down. When was the manager just going to admit that Smith wasn't a striker and shove him back in midfield where he belonged? and 2-nil down to to bleeding United, no less. Christian was going to be unsufferable now.

The sound of a harmonica drifted gently though the wall of his compartment (the inteiror walls of the crew compartments did little to dampen sound. He'd sworn he'd heard Nicola singing in the shower a few times, and she was near 4 rooms down the row). Annastriana (odd name, but nice.) was playing agian, a blues piece, expressing, like all blues, sorrow. Rob closed his eyes and listened for a few seconds, before picking his guitar off the wall, slung it over his shoulder lefted his room and knocked on her door.

"Anna? It's Rob. Mind if we play together?"

averagejoe
2007-07-20, 12:50 PM
Salee

People make too much noise around here. Salee thought idly as he wandered through the halls of the Valentine. Just as he turned a corner, Yuri brushed past him in a huff. "Man, what's your problem?" Salee said with a detatched interest, "Your mom stop sending you her homebaked?"

Appearance: Salee is considered handsome by many. His green hair he keeps neatly combed back, he is fit and thin, and despite being a mechanic he never seems to get grease or dirt all over himself, or his nice clothes. He isn’t tall, but he is tall enough for most, and his face is well featured. What really does it for many, however, is his eyes. The color in his eye seems to shift as he turns his head and the light strikes them differently. Even if he stays still his eyes don’t appear to have uniform color.

Fisher
2007-07-20, 07:01 PM
Darin
"It's probably because they don't know you yet," chuckles Darin.

"Heck, one guy was screaming I was a spy from Mars when I first joined. Give it a little time and they'll warm up to you. If you should ever need help finding something around the ship, let me know."

Pausing a moment he continues, "Unless it should be something like a toolkit, then I can't help you," he finishes with a smile.

Fisher
2007-07-26, 01:44 PM
Darin
Well, it was nice meeting you Victor. I need to get back to work before another mission comes up. Seeya around

Now, if I remember right the mech hangers are down the hall to the left...


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Darin Frost
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Style: Slightly Messy
Eye Color: Hazel-Green
Height: 5'11
Weight: 180

Storm Bringer
2007-07-26, 02:56 PM
Rob

Anna either hadn't heard him or wasn't intrested in playing with him. Rob decided to check in on his mech crew, who were trying to track down a Gyro fault. Walking down the corridor he saw one of the new Pilots heading towards the portside mech bays.

".....Darin, right?" he asked, fumbling for the name.

Fisher
2007-07-28, 11:20 AM
Turning around, Darin replies "Yes Mr. North, what can I do for you?"

Darin had originally been introduced to Rob a few weeks back while working on his mech in the hangers. The pilot had helped him find his way around engineering.

"You play the guitar, Mr. North? I'm surprised that there's so many musicians on board the Valentine. I heard Ann playing her harmonica earlier as well,"said Darin after noticing the guitar in Rob's hand.

----------------------------------------------------
Ooc: Ad libbed a little about the past few weeks Stormbringer. Hope that's alright, can change if needed.

Storm Bringer
2007-07-28, 11:36 AM
Rob

"Please, Call be Rob. Mr. North makes me feel like a old man or an Officer." Rob answered, smiling.
"As to the number of Musicians aboard, thier is really not a lot to do between missions when your hundreds of kilometers form anything, much less anyone. People just pick up a hobby to stop themselves going Ga Ga with boredom. You got a hobbie?"

Rob really didn't know the newest pilots anything like as well as he wanted to. If nothing else, he'd like to have half a clue what sort of person was going to out thier covering his arse in their next mission.

YPU
2007-07-28, 02:16 PM
A hellish sound can be heard toughout the whole ship, at first it sounds something like metal over metal but it soon deforms into the normal sound of a buzzer. It stops and is followed by a stern voice of a woman. “All pilots report to ops directly, and I mean directly. All engineers get your mecha up and running within 15 minutes. We are moving out ” The creaking of the com stops for a second then the woman ads “and technical, get that buzzer fixed.” A little later the ship shudders into movement. As it starts leaving its orbital position.

Storm Bringer
2007-07-28, 02:32 PM
"well, i hope they got that gyro fixed, cos i sure can't hop into battle." Rob mused, then turned to Darin

"C'mon, mate, lets find out who we shooting at and who we shooting for"

Rob set off to the briefing room.

eex
2007-07-28, 03:34 PM
Jeremy Poole is a young white male about 17 years old with messy black hair and green eyes.
He almost always wear a mechanics jumpsuit as pants with the arms ties around the waist and a black shirt. He doesn't care to much how he looks and has smudges of oil all over himself more often than not.


Jeremy comes running from mechanics towards ops, when he runs past Rob and Darin he slows down to their speed.
"Robert! You have no idea how lucky you are, We just finished repairing your gyro, the other mec's are getting the armor into place as we speak."
Jeremy looks at Rob's hands. "Are you sure you should bring that?" He nudges his head towards the guitar.

((Epic color choice!))

Storm Bringer
2007-07-28, 03:54 PM
"Thank god for that. Tell Caroline I'll give her a proper thankyou after we get back. and as for this..." Rob held up the guitar in his hand."this guitar" He bagan "Has been to Mars, Venus, half the warzones on or off this planet...And the cockpit of my mech when it was in combat. I think I might as well ad the Ops room to list"

(ooc: Caroline is Robs mechanic, as well as his girlfriend)

Fisher
2007-07-28, 03:55 PM
Darin
"Sounds like a plan Rob, lets get going" Darin replies while rubbing one temple, hoping the buzzing in his head will subside. Following down the hall Darin keeps pace, continuing when the two meet up with Jeremy.

Guess I'll have to find that toolkit later then.

averagejoe
2007-07-28, 04:13 PM
Salee

The alarm broke Salee loose from his thoughts. Without thinking (which, despite his intelligence, was generally how he did everything) Salee sprinted toward ops, knocking past anyone who was going slower or getting into his way.

((edited appearance into first post, by the way.))

asqwasqw
2007-07-28, 11:12 PM
Zilp

Zilp woke up from deep thought at the sound of the buzzer, running out of the room. He looks around in confusion, looking for the way to the mech bay.

terror_drone
2007-07-28, 11:20 PM
Yuri

Yuri stand 6'5" and keeps his silverish white hair at a close crew cut. He tends to wear a gray jumpsuit, but with the top part loose and tied around his waist. He also wears a white knit short tee which has seen some wear and tear

Turning to answer Seele all Yuri got out before the alarm was

"Why don't yo-"

At which point Yuri breaks off into a slow jog towards ops

Sorry, been away from my computer and haven't been able to post

Fisher
2007-07-30, 01:14 PM
Darin
Half-sprinting down the hallway and through the common room, Darin notices the kit leaning against the far wall.

So that's were it is. Wonder what it's doing here...

Retrieving the kit and rejoining the others, he exits the common room, enters another hallway, and then turns left into tactical.

Seems like the others have yet to catch up. Hey Rob, Tactical is Ops... right?

TheGreatJabu
2007-07-31, 10:45 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor nods to Darin as the two part ways, and Victor seems content to keep moseying his way towards engineering. He occasionally snaps a picture as people pass by, mostly not getting involved in the conversations of others - but listening on with interest.

That is, until the alert is given. Victor places his camera back into his breast pocket and begins a slow jog towards the operations room.

Upon his arrival, he takes up residence in a corner where he can keep an eye on everyone as they enter the room and mingle.

This'll be a good chance to see everyone together. Sure there'll be some interesting interactions...

OOC: Thanks, everybody! It makes it easier to learn who everyone is if I can match a name, image, and set of skills in my head!

YPU
2007-08-01, 03:47 PM
Once all pilots have arrived in ops one of the officers standing around the control screens turns around, she has almost orange reddish hair, is somewhat short in top conditions and is wearing pieces of uniforms from multiple military organizations. “I am Anita Karn. And I will be your commander. I know your team hasn’t had time to meet each other, but we have an urgent mission. It appears that a few rebels have stolen a top notch weapons from a military base in north America. They man basic mecha and are running, they don’t appear skilled nor well equipped. The weapons they have in their possession is damaged and has to be destroyed in the process. Your mission is search and destroy. This will be a walk in the park, but the payment for it is just to good to pas it up.
Now, rap up your mecha and go, you have then minutes, mechanical reports tell me all your mecha re more or les ready to go.”Commander Karn speaks with a stern and commanding voice, in a way, she is somebody who you really don’t want to meat in a dark alley.

Storm Bringer
2007-08-01, 04:06 PM
Rob

Robert raised his hand, a slight frown on his face.

"If you'll exucse my asking, m'am, if this group is as disorganised and damaged as you say, why are they offering us such big money to take them on, when the Americans could use thier own mechs for less? It sounds a little fishy to me."

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-01, 04:18 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor slightly nods to the commander from his place in the corner leaning against the wall, not really concerned with her seeing it or not. His violet eyes lock on the woman, dispassionately.

Very succinct briefing. She's all business. Good - she won't waste our time with frivolous details.

Victor pushes himself back onto his feet squarely and turns to address the man he recognizes as the guitar-toter from the hallway earlier. His voice, as always, is flat and without any emotion (or inflection)."It's not important. We're here and they're not. Maybe it's something the government doesn't want to publicly admit it had in the first place. It's not our job to know the 'why'. Just the how."

That doesn't change the fact that you're right to question this. Nothing can ever be taken at face-value in life. We just don't have the luxury of time to debate about it right now, though.

Turning back to Commander Karn, Victor salutes. He makes one short statement before turning crisply and exiting the room to head to his Pioneer. "Understood. If our employers want any prisoners to question, let us know."

Storm Bringer
2007-08-01, 04:25 PM
Rob

"begging your pardon mate....Victor, was it?.....but it IS important. Their is something odd about this set up. Their are going to pay us an apprantly huge sum of money to do what their telling us is a rather simple job. you don't give up that sort of cash for nothing. And I, for one, would like at least a little idea of what i'm getting into before i put my mech and my life on the line. I take it we know roughly where these 'rebel' mechs are?" Rob addressed this last part to the commander

eex
2007-08-01, 06:22 PM
Jeremy

More interested in making sure everything is in order with his mech than listen to more briefing Jeremy quietly stands up, salutes and leaves to walk to the mech bays.

((If he is stopped somewhere along the way ignore the rest of this post))

Once there he takes a quick glance at most things that could cause a major problem and then climbs into his cockpit. "Time to shine now girl." He says to the machine. He starts the SDW-3A Shadow up and slowly flicks though different menus and such on the control panel. "Hmm... Looks good, alright."

asqwasqw
2007-08-01, 06:34 PM
Zilp

Zilp dashes over to his mech, determination in his eye. He may have not seen combat, but he was skilled with a sword, both in and out of his mech. He eyed the gun next to his mech carefully. All those years his parents worked on it, along with who knows how many people... He wondered what it could do...

averagejoe
2007-08-02, 12:02 AM
Salee

Salee stood with his hands behind his head, his eyes glazing over and looking at the celing. "What's with all the boring details? We get to wreck some mechs. That's all I need to know." With that he sets off toward the bay, his pace a steady saunter.

Storm Bringer
2007-08-02, 07:50 AM
Rob

... honestly, you guys really need to be more cynical about these things." Recognising that they didn't follow his arguement, he resinged himself to fate and set off for his mech.

As he entered the outboard pod they were storing it in, the techs were just lifing the JAC-170 stormhammer back onto it's feet after fixing the right knee gyro. Rob moved over to the right side of the bay, where his chief mechaninc (and bed partner) Caraloine stood. she regarded him as he approached
"Why is it whenever we finish fixing this damm thing, we get a mission almost instantly in which you go break it agian? she asked with a weary sigh.

"god only knows, Caroline. I'll be careful, I promise"

Caroline gave him a mock stern look"you had better bloody well be careful" then she leaned over and kissed him gently. Rob smiled and stroked her cheek
"Why would I risk my life when I have you to come back too? ermmm...could you do me a favour and put this back in my cabin?" rob held up his guitar somewhat sheepishly
Caroline smiled her wonderful smile"sure. Now, go, their waiting." She took the guitar from him and placed it agianst the wall, then started shouting orders to the techs still crawling over the mech, taking off safety tags and reconnecting power lines.

Rob jogged over to the mechs left foot, and climbed up the ladder to the rather small entry hatch on the chest. He wriggled into the ever-cramped cockpit, flicked the primary start up swtich and began to strap himself in. Once he was secure he took his helmet from the tech leaning in though the hatch and plugged it in, filling his ears with the ships radio chatter. Around him the mechs displays started flickering into life, a low hum filling the cockpit. He glanced at the displays: weapons, sensors (both on standby till he left the ship), Motors, damage readouts.... everything looked good.

The techs had closed the hatch, and disconnected the fuel and power lines feeding into the mech, leaving it freestanding. Rob cracked his knuckles and activated his foot pedals. The 60 ton mech took a few paces foreward, shaking the room slightly with each.

Rob then locked the mechs feet agian and flicked his comm to the command channel.

"This is Rob, reporting power up, all systems green. We landing or is this gonna be a drop mission?"

Fisher
2007-08-02, 04:33 PM
Darin
Darin had remained quiet throughout the meeting, preferring to absorb as much info as possible. With the conclusion of the briefing he rose with the others and left for his mech.

Minutes later he boarded the V-1. After flipping a few switches the display flashed to life and several controls and gauges hastily switched from red to green. After a few moments the GUI screen buzzed to life, awaiting commands.



Loading System OS...

Welcome User: 001 Darin Frost
Please Enter Your Password:



Password: ********



Password Accepted. Running System's Diagnostic...
-Life Support... Ready
-Power Supply... 98% Capacity
-Weapon Systems... Ready
-Internal Systems... Ready
-Emergency Systems... Operational
-GES Systems... On Standby
Diagnostic Complete, Systems All Green

Routing Link to Team Communications Hub... Link Established At Port: 9076
Establishing Local Communication Grid... Complete

Variable-One System Startup Complete. Awaiting User Input...

Good, everything seems to be up and running. Now it's time for the work to begin.

Com Check 1, 2, 3. Over. The V-1 is up and ready to launch. Awaiting further orders from command.

YPU
2007-08-02, 04:50 PM
The voxses on all the mechs and their hangars crackle to life Karns with voice. “all active systems show green on my readouts, get your machines running people. We will be dropping since not all members of the team have had the ‘delight’ of using our drop capsules. Now, concerning your other questions, the rebels have crossed the border and thus the covenant states that the city itself may not act, its ironical that we mercenary’s have a huge increase in work because of a peace treaty. You do not need to take prisoners, most of the rebels are wanted dead or alive by multiple states, that’s where a lot if the money comes from. Now, I presume that the state we are working for does not want the weapons stolen to fall into the hands of the rebels, or some other city. Do not investigate the weapons, destroy it on sight. I repeat, do not open its casing in any case. And no, we can not make more money by selling that weapon to others, that would make ourselves fair game according to the covenant. Drop in 10 minutes, max. Karn out… and Rob, you better don’t have that guitar with you.”

Storm Bringer
2007-08-02, 04:59 PM
Rob
"Look, I swear to GOD ALMIGHTY that was a one-off bet with Chis! Jesus, you do one stupid thing and they never let you foget it.........."

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-02, 07:49 PM
Victor Sevornum

The corner of Victor's mouth pulls up slightly into what could best be described as a handicapped grin. Checking his fuel indicators, Victor opens the Comm to the guitarman (now identified as Rob) and the others. "'The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones.' No point in getting worked up - just have to accept it."

After toggling a few switches to test his manuever flaps and verniers, Victor is satisfied that the Pioneer is ready. "Victor Sevornum reporting. Heavy Recon is five-by-five. Commander, if this ship is a slow lander, request to be dispatched with the rest of our aerial assets to secure dropzone."

averagejoe
2007-08-03, 12:03 PM
Salee

"Readout screens say go on my end. I am prepared. Uh, what the heck are you talking about Victor?"

Storm Bringer
2007-08-03, 01:33 PM
Rob

"Its shakespear, Salee. Julius Caesar."

a tech was waving him over to his Drop pod. Rob switched a few of his view sreens to show the leg cams (so he didn't step on someone), Unlocked his foot controls and slowly walked over to the open pod door. he stopped at the door, and with some care, turned his mech around. as he finished this he saw Caroline in one the leg cams waving something at him. he stopped the mech and extended the rungs of the ladder. He flicked his comm off and opened the hatch as she got to it.

"what's up?" he asked, confused.

"two things. One, you forgot you gun. again" Rob bit back a curse. Caroline insisted that he always carry his sidearm when he went into combat, on the off chance he was forced to bail and found himself on foot (her brother had died in simmilar circumstances). Caroline passed him the holster loop with it's spare clips and then a small box

"And two, Sophie made you some samwitches. She made me promise I would give you them, going on about how it was bad to fight on a empty stomach. I swear that girl has no sense of proportion." Rob chuckled at that. Sophie was the ships cook (and a damm good one to make what she did with the stuff she was given), and seemed to have a soft spot when it came to him. Nothing serious (Caroline was perfectly prepared to beat a rival for his love to death with their own severed limbs), just more than her normal bouncy freindlyness. This wasn't the frist time she'd given him a packed lunch. He took the box and opened it, smelling the contents

"Ham and cheese....she knows me too well. Tell her thankyou." Caroline gave him another of her killer smiles and started climbing down.

after she was clear, rob backed the mech into it's pod. the door swang shut and several mag clamps kicked in, holding his mech secure. Rob relock his controls and placed the lunchbox in the sotrage locker on his left. then he stapped on his shoulder holster. then, haveing settled in, he Re-did the straps holding him into his seat (drops were seriously bumpy, and it was best to have the straps a lot tighter than normal for one) then, once satified, he turned his comm back on and listened into the chatter once more.

Fisher
2007-08-03, 03:23 PM
Darin

Taking a cue from Rob's mecha, Darin moves the V-1 into his assigned pod. The semi-lightweight machine easily maneuvers into place and awaits deployment. Up till startup he had felt a bit tense, but now he was able to relax slightly knowing everything was ready.

Should probably run through inventory one last time before going out. Need to make sure I have everything ready

Initiating the GUI, he begins to run through the checklist.

averagejoe
2007-08-03, 05:28 PM
Salee

"What is this, some kind of poetry fest?" Salee complained as he manuvered his mecha into its pod, "This is Salee. I'm secure and ready to drop."

eex
2007-08-03, 08:42 PM
Jeremy

Jeremy quickly stered the Shadow towards his designated drop pod, a bit to quickly aperantly because soon after he started his comm was filled with angry voices saying "What the hell are you doing, SLOW DOWN!" and such. Despite this he managed to manouvre the mech into place without being even close to damaging something... or someone.
"STW-3A is ready for launch." he said after the pod doors had been securly locked behind him.

asqwasqw
2007-08-03, 11:22 PM
Zilp

Zilp scanned the monitors, the flashing console lights a reassuring green. He donned his specialized suit, allowing his movements to be transfered to that of his mech. Entering the chamber inside his cockpit, he stared at the view screen in front of him. He straightened up, closing and opening his fist. His mech's hand moved along with him, minaturized servo's grinding as the fingers of the mech moved. He looked down, his sword strapped to his leg, a smaller replica of the gun alongside him. "All systems check, Zilp is ready to go."

OOC:

Do you have this technology? If you don't, then I can modify it. Zilp is basically inside a giant hamster ball, wearing a suit that allowed his mech movements to conform to his.

Storm Bringer
2007-08-04, 01:38 PM
Rob
"their is nothing wrong with good poetry and everything wrong with bad poetry. Okay........am I right in thinking that several of you are going into combat for the first time?" Rob asked, trying to remember some of the facts about the men and woman who in a few minutes time would be in charge of one of the most powerful combat systems created in a live fire enviroment.

He wasn't worried about them freaking out, at least, not more so than he was about himself freaking out. He was just didn't know how they'd react to the stress of combat. Everyone acted differently. Some got really scared for about 30 seconds then calmed down, some got really angry at the guys shooting at them, some seemed to shut down emotionally for the lenght of the firefight, sounding like robots over the radio. Still other sounded like they were hyper, and one memorable member of the Blackrose compay seemed to be high on something when in combat, forever making really weird comments. More than anything else, rob was just cursious as to these people whom he was about to fight by and possibly die alongside.

ooc:

as said, it'd work, but god help you if you trip and the mech follows your actions. Or your mech gets hit and you are buffeted.

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-04, 02:30 PM
Victor Sevornum

Hmm. Seems like somebody is expecting the Greens to freeze up. Shows that he's been around the block a time or two.

Victor types in the command to check the status of the MagLocks that will keep his mecha steady during the turbulent drop through the atmosphere. Seeing that they all report back as 'Secured', Victor opens the Comm.

"Been in a few infantry skirmishes in my officer days with the military, spent a few years in Mecha training, but this is my first tour of duty in the cavalry. Don't get too concerned about me. Let's just say I have a reputation for keeping my 'emotions' in check."

'Emotions'. The best and worst thing in life. I swear, some days I wish that B.F. Skinner was right.

averagejoe
2007-08-04, 02:38 PM
Salee

In response to Rob, Salee just gave a simple, "No."

Fisher
2007-08-04, 03:56 PM
Darin

Unfortunately, the last few comments go over Darin's head as his mind is focused on his current settings. While normally easy-going and absent minded, when it came to setting up and operating his mecha he was precise and slightly obsessive. Until he heard the go for launch he'd most likely be too focused for much else.

Align the forward stabilizer .003% to the left... ...Reroute incoming tactical data onto main screen... ...Drill on standby, currently set to combat mode... ...Power flow stable to all systems... ...Checking ammo supplies...



mkconfig /ammo
Checking Current Inventory. Please Wait....




Ammunition Found

Loaded: HE Standard Rounds. 50 in stock
In Reserve...
ESR01: 9 in stock
EAB21: 2 in stock
Class-1 Shocker Rounds: 8 in stock
Code Name "Last Chance": 1 in stock


...Impact Rounds are Loaded, Will switch to Epoxy if needed... ...Analyzing Thruster stability... ...All units present on communications grid... ...Maneuverability settings are all green...

Time was short and yet there was still so much to check over. Hopefully he wasn't missing anything important in the meantime.

Storm Bringer
2007-08-05, 03:55 PM
rob

"That's good to here, mate. Hey, Commader, have we got any details on these rebel mechs? Hull scans, tac-comp IDs, that sort of thing? Do we know thier numbers? Any Intel at all would be good."

YPU
2007-08-06, 09:00 AM
“negative, we have no excess to any information gathering devices right now, and the hiring party only described their mechs as ‘bad’. But considering the background of the rebel group and their recent activities I would guess that it would mainly be a mix of secondhand guardian types. Weapons probably wont go beyond basic sluggers. Watch out for any single shot cannons, those seem to be popular with them on these missions.” Another buzzer goes of, (The kind you hear on diving subs) this one meant to signal imminent drop. “We have arrived over the designated area. We will drop you shortly out of their estimated scanner range. Good hunting.” With that the pods start plunging towards the earth.

((roll initiative, thats 1d10+MR))

Fisher
2007-08-06, 09:18 AM
Darin
Hearing the sound for launch, Darin finishes up and preps for drop.

With little warning, the pod drops into the empty abyss of space and from there into the planet's atmosphere.


---------------------------------
Init:

Ooc: Sorry for the quick post, was on my way to work.

Edit: Just got back and despite my attempts and several variations I haven't been able to get the dice roller to work. Probably some minor thing on my part. Here's an IC roll for now: 1d10 + 5 = 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1195766)

Should have a landing post up in a little bit.

averagejoe
2007-08-06, 02:09 PM
Salee

[roll0]

The cockpit rattles as the enormous machine is jarred by the impact of landing. The pod folds outward, revealing a thick, bulky, humanoid mecha, with rather bulbus lower arms, each ending in wicked looking pincers. It is painted in a solid dark blue, almost black.

Storm Bringer
2007-08-06, 03:46 PM
Rob

the ride down was as always, like being on a rollercoaster while blindfolded. the pod hit the ground with about 5g of deceleration to make in about a foot. As always, Rob's vision darked as the blood flowed to his feet. the casing surronding his mech fell off to reveal the 48 ton JAC-170 Stormhammer in all it's glory. (http://www.gearsonline.net/btech/mechs/thunder.php)

As his vision cleared, Rob flicked his sensors onto scan and borught weapons online. just to his right the cover over the mechs chest mounted long range missle pod slid open, and the CIWS gun on his right arm began twitching as the AMS system kicked in. As his powerful head mounted sensor suite kicked in, scouring a 30km diamiter area with radar, ladar and EM waves, icons started appearing on his viewscreens, flagging terrian types, local settlements, and the IFF beacons of other his fellow mechs.

++This is Rob, on the ground. Anybody got anything?++

(initative: [roll0])

ooc

My mech is not that shade of purple, but commonly a generic temperate cammo pattern. it also lacks the two lasers in the chest, but has a missle pod on the right of the chest.

Fisher
2007-08-07, 04:04 PM
Darin

*Tshsssss* Hissed the drop pod as it opened after landing.

As steam escapes and light enters the pod it illuminates Darin's light-gray mecha. Throughout the mecha at the joints and several other places there are thick, dark green lines patterned, and the characters "V-1" are printed over the prototype's right shoulder. On the V-1's left arm in place of a hand there is a drill, while the right arm bears a rifle.

Darin here, landing successful. Running a basic sensor sweep now Rob

Carefully, Darin maneuvers the mecha off the drop platform. Initiating the sensors he begins to scan the surroundings.

-------------------------------------------------------
* * = Sound Effects

Surroundings: Awareness + Int + 1d10 = 13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1197462)
Any Trace of Rebels: Awareness + Int + 1d10 = 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1197468)

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-07, 04:52 PM
Victor Sevornum

As the team gets the green light for the Drop, Victor feels a slight tingling burn through his veins. Adrenaline. Must be excited.

He looks down at the button that will launch his pod for a moment, thoughtfully. One little push, and everything will change. The scene, these voices on the Comm, my priorities. The only thing that will remain the same... He reaches out and presses the button down firmly. The Pioneer shudders as its thrusters begin to power up.

Is me.

In the next instant, Victor and his mecha are nothing but a shooting star, burning through the atmosphere towards the ever-growing blue and brown sphere beneath him. Victor's jaw locks into place as the turbulence rattles him about in his seat. His pulse pounds in his ears, blocking out all other sound. After a few moments, he feels the counterthrust beginning to kick in.

It's time to show them who you are, Victor.

With a dull metallic thud, Victor's DropPod makes landfall. A split second later the pod has opened up around him. And green light gleams from the "eyes" of the Pioneer (http://www.gearsonline.net/btech/mechs/phoenix.php). The dark brown mecha begins stirring to life, and with a flash each hand reaches back to grasp their respective weapons - a medium cannon in one, and a mecha-sized machette in the other. A small glow begins to emit from a few thruster ports on the legs and torso of the mecha, and moments later blue flames begin to emit forth. It begins to slowly rise off of the ground.

"Heavy Recon is active. Engaging ASP for thermal and magscan detection."


Initiative - [roll0]
Awareness (w/ASP) = [roll1]

asqwasqw
2007-08-07, 06:43 PM
Zilp

Zilp started breathing rapidly as his mech entered the pod. It would be his first drop down, and his first non-sim combat situation. He didn't even know how his gun worked. He eyed the model in his hand carefully. Why were there two triggers? As the pod sealed shut behind him, Zilp tried to return his breathing to normal. He musn't show the rest of the pilots that he was scared. With that throught in mind, he pushed the button that released his pod... and promptly fainted. When he came to, his pod was lying around him, his humanoid mech exposed to plain view.


Are the pods reusable, or what?

[roll0]

Storm Bringer
2007-08-08, 05:13 AM
Rob

++Likewise. squeal if you spot anything. This isn't the time nor the place for heroics.++



ooc:

how do i work out what my sensors can pick up? not got the book and havn't a clue what my mechs scanners can do?

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-08, 03:46 PM
ooc:

how do i work out what my sensors can pick up? not got the book and havn't a clue what my mechs scanners can do?


OOC: Here's what you've got! Your mecha has ASP and Resolution Intensifiers. Regular sensors are basically a combination of radar and visual scanning. ASP gives extra options, like thermal, magnetic, low-light, and I think seismic? Resolution Intensifiers let you zoom in and see greater detail at range than typical sensors. It's useful for identifying specific targets at a distance, or for eavesdropping.

YPU
2007-08-10, 07:06 AM
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2919/master00ob0.th.png (http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=master00ob0.png)

As your pods open up you become aware of the desert you have been droped in. most of the ground is hard and only a thin layer of dust covers it. the ground flows in ways that show it has been shaped by wind for ages. Here and there dunes are big enough to give cover to your mecha. Scattered across the field are clusters of light foliage, not high enough to provide any cover but irritating to move trough. Somewhere between you and your targets stands what looks like a deserted oil drilling site, the number of buildings indicate that people used to live there.Your scanners kick in and all date is shared trough your communications, target identifiers spring into life.
“three targets identified, guardian models. Target label 1, 2, 3
Medium sized, light armor.
Rocket pods mounted in torso.
Two slug rifles detected. target label 1, 2
One missile launcher baz-82 model detected, warning, high fire power. Target label 3
One slug pistol detected, target label 3
One piece of unidentified equipment target label 1”
On your visuals you can now clearly identify three grey humanoid mecha, al of them look worn, two of them carry rifles and one a big canon on its shoulder. The one labeled 1 by the computer seems to wear some sort of transport module on its back.
They seem to be moving east along the dirt road, apparently their scanners haven’t picked up your dramatic entrance.

because of eex super scanner you all know the position of the enemy, but you can only shoot at target inside your scanner range. The dunes provide cover to your legs if you stand right behind them. you can move over them normal. you can lie down behind for almost total cover. The plants take double movement to move trough on foot, but don’t provide any cover unless you lie down entirely.

Storm Bringer
2007-08-10, 08:45 AM
Rob

++CONTACT! Three mechs, 4 and a half klicks due North of my position. The Rear one appears to have the goods. I'll lay down fire form here. Someone go west around that oil rig and flank them++

Rob turned his mech to face the hostiles on the road north of him, then kicked his targeters in, bringing up a zoomed image of the lead mech, ID;d by his system as target 2. Range, speed & direction, possible evasive manuvers and suitable counters all flashed though Robs mind as he brought his left arm's twin AMHL-17 heavy missles to bear. targeting data flowed though the links into the Missles guidance system, and the little indicators on his HUD flashed green to confirm target lock and weapon ready. Rob mutter a prayer under his breath, then pulled the trigger......

actions:

turn my mech to face North/Top, then fire a heavy missle at target 2, assuming it has the range

attack roll: Reflexes(9)+mecha missles(5)+1d10 1d10+9+5

averagejoe
2007-08-10, 11:26 AM
Salee

Salee flips several switches, then grabs ahold of the controls. "Alright, then! Shredder! Lets show these guys what we can do!" The massive machine lifts slightly off the ground as the GES systems kick in.

Alright, I'm not quite clear on the combat rules, or what I should be rolling, but I'd like to move up to #2, and then attack if possible.

I count nine hexes if I travel to hex #0710 to hex #909 to hex #0903, and my mech's MA is nine, so it should be able to make it there. I'd also like to make a sort of charge action, if there is any such thing in this game; if not, then just attacking with the fire linked pincers. The body, probably.

Also, am I correct in thinking that GES doesn't give any sort of advantage as far as moving toward difficult terrain? It isn't relevant here, but it would be good to know for the future.

asqwasqw
2007-08-10, 12:47 PM
Zilp

Zilp looks at his sensor display, spotting his enemy. He rushes forward, running inside the cockpit interface, his mech mirroring his actions. He dives down, his protype cockpit interface shaking as his 46 ton mech hit the ground. Activating his cloaking device, he starts fiddling with the gun, trying to see how it works.


I run to 508, dive down facing north-east, and then activate my cloak. I start fiddling with my gun to see how it works.

How does cover work?

Fisher
2007-08-10, 03:00 PM
Darin
A missile launcher? Hoo-boy this is going to get interesting.

++Target appears to be going east. I'll attempt to incapacitate the one carrying the package with epoxy rounds. Preparing to move to opponent's blind-side++

Priming the GES systems, The V-1 maneuvers away from the group towards the rebels. Meanwhile the ammo is switched from the HE Standard to the ESR01 rounds.


Action 1: Moving half of GES Range (7 Hexes). Moving 3 to hex 509, spending one MA to turn, and moving the 3 remaining MA to grid 506.
Action 2: Switching Ammo From Normal to Epoxy.
Facing: Top Right

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-10, 04:03 PM
Victor Sevornum

Initiative: 6

When his sensors ping the hostiles, Victor begins thumbing through their specs on his Target Analyzer. The data from a friendly mecha begins streaming in only moments later. Hmm. Someone else has reconnaissance capabilities as well. That's good to know.

Once the hostiles are scanned and locked in, Victor begins to fire up his thrusters. Opening up the Comm, Victor reports in.

++Victor here. I'll try to cut off their movement to the west.++

The Pioneer begins to zoom northwards towards a small copse of trees near the location of the hostiles. As he draws near, he begins lining up the sights on his slugthrower. Despite the intensity of the moment, one simple passes through Victor's mind as he readies the shot.

I'm here, Angela. I've made it. I'm a mechajock.

He fires.


OOC:
Action 1: Turn one hex to the north and fly up to 1005. Final facing is Top.
Action 2: Firing medium cannon at target in 0702.
Attack roll: Reflexes (8) + Gunnery (1) - MV (5) + 1d10 =

Oh, in case I actually hit with my attack. Location: [roll]1d10
Edit: Do ho! I tried to edit that roll in. I'll just post in OOC.

I like your use of + signs to indicate radio chatter, Stormbringer. I'm converting! :smallwink:

By the way, since I've lost my old copy of the rules, I'm not sure on how the movement rules work. Do you walk half your MA, then use an action to move half of any of your transportation modes? Like for me, I'd fly 4 and walk 4? If that's the case, have me fly over those dunes north of me and then walk up to the treeline.

Fisher
2007-08-17, 09:24 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/GameStart.jpg

Swiftly Salee and Zilp moved into position, Zilp's mecha making use of as much of the nearby foliage as possible while Salee dashed in close to the rebels. Meanwhile, it looked like Jeremy's pod had malfunctioned during landing and was now unable to open.

It was at this time the bright, cheery voice of Communications Officer Dorris chimed in over the comms.
++Ground Team, this is the Valentine. Looks like a sandstorm is brewing up north, and we won't be able to rendezvous till after it passes. Otherwise, all that sand will muck up our atmospheric engines. You boys just sit tight after the objectives complete and we should be able to swing by then. Dorris Out++


--------------------------------------------------------
Ooc
Asq, if you return before you turn comes up again it'll take one action to stand up from your current position.

Just waiting on a verification from Rob and Victor.

Fisher
2007-08-18, 05:30 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game2-1.jpg
No sooner had Dorris finished her message when Rob's missile collided with the enemy's mecha, frying it's slug pistol and hand into slag. Panicked by the sudden attack two of the rebel mechs scattered, one of which returned fire.


----------------------------------
Ooc
Strombringer: Evasion Roll for incoming missile from Rebel 1's bazooka
1d10 + Mecha Reflex + Mecha Piloting

Edit: AverageJoe(Red) Should be facing upward. Will fix next map post

Storm Bringer
2007-08-19, 02:43 AM
dodge roll:1d10+9+5-4=[roll0]
my mecha reflex is just my reflex minus my mechs negative MV value, yes?

Fisher
2007-08-19, 03:38 AM
The rebel's missile punches forward, heading straight towards Robs mecha's torso. At the very last moment, however, it veers a sharp left and explodes harmlessly in a nearby sand dune. Taking advantage of the opening, Victor rushes forward into position.

++Target has retreated back, preparing to move in to take the shot++

Strange, thought Darin, instead of outright running away these rebels have only retreated a short distance. Do they realize how overpowered they are already? Or are they incapable of a fast enough retreat?

--------------------------------------------------
Ooc: Realized when I went to edit the map that I had moved the wrong piece. Instead of rebel 1 moving and attacking it should have been rebel 3. My apologies for the mistake.

Start of Round 2!
Initiative
Asq(NPC): Brown
->Joe: Red
Darin(NPC): Grey
Storm: Green
Rebel 2
Rebel 3
Jabu: Yellow
Eex(NPC?): Purple(Not Shown)
Rebel 1

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game2-2.jpg

AverageJoe
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|12/12|6/6
Head|5/5|5/5
L. Arm|7/7|5/5
R. Arm|7/7|5/5
L. Leg|6/6|5/5
R. Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]
Stormbringer
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|11/11|5/5
Head|5/5|4/4
L. Arm|6/6|4/4
R. Arm|6/6|4/4
L. Leg|7/7|5/5
R. Leg|7/7|5/5
Pod|0/0|5/5[/table]
Jabu
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|11/11|5/5
Head|5/5|5/5
L. Arm|6/6|5/5
R. Arm|6/6|5/5
L. Leg|6/6|5/5
R. Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]
Darin
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|8/8|5/5
Head|4/4|5/5
L. Arm|4/4|5/5
R. Arm|4/4|5/5
L. Leg|5/5|5/5
R. Leg|5/5|5/5
[/table]
Asq
? (Mecha not Posted)

averagejoe
2007-08-20, 12:12 AM
Salee

Salee's big machine lumbers toward the enemy mecha. Salee is focused intensely on the battle, and only half listens to the comn chatter. He moves his control stick, and his mecha swings both its arms at the enemy, trying to grab on with his pincers.

Move to hex 803, then to 802 (half walking MA), turn to face top right (you ruled that we could get a minor turn after moving, I believe) then attempt to grapple and lift enemy #1, then throw him at number three. For this last bit I don't know if I have enough actions this round, because I'm not sure if "grabbing" and "lifting" are considered two different actions. I'm also not sure what I'd have to roll in terms of the throw.

Anyways, to try to grab him I basically make an attack roll right (reflexes + Mecha Fighting + 1d10)? [roll0]

Fisher
2007-08-21, 04:09 PM
The battle heats up as each member of the team begins to make their move. Leading the attack, Salee rushes up to one of the rebels, deftly grabs their mech, and slams them into the ground, damaging one of it's right limbs. Rob attempts another missile attack, which veers off course missing it's target entirely. Ducking out of their cover, Darin and Zilp move in to strike. Darin's attempts a shot but it harmlessly passes by one of the rebel mech's shoulders.

It was then that the panicked, cornered rebels began their counter-assault.

WARNING. Incoming Missiles. Take Evasive Action, comments the computer on Victor's and Salee's mecha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game2-3.jpg

Need evasion rolls from Jabu and AverageJoe to avoid incoming missile salvo's

Rebel 1's armor on the right side is destroyed and the servo takes 2K of damage. Loses one action next turn.

Apologies for the rushed post, About to leave for work. I'll try and fix it up when I get home later.

averagejoe
2007-08-23, 12:38 PM
Salee

Salee grunts and strains to the side as his indicators beep and flash warnings. "I know, I know," he shouts at the computers, "Now MOVE, you hunk of scrap!" The massive mecha moves and the missiles fly by, barely missing. One of his displays shows that a teammate got hit, but Salee only subconciously realizes this, his attention focused on the mech in front of him.

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-23, 07:08 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor intensely focused in on his target, waiting for the crosshairs on his cannon to line up. Suddenly, the warning indicator of incoming fire snaps him back to reality. "Missiles! So much for tree cover."

With a quick sweep of a hand, Victor increases the power output to his right leg in an attempt to bound out of the way. With his other hand he switches on the head-mounted LAMS in his Pioneer. The beam fires and cuts down the first of the missiles, but Victor is slammed hard into his seat as the others blast his mecha. "Rrrngh! I was too slow - let's see if you're any better."

Continuing on his original plan to cut off the route of the rebels' retreat, Victor gives his thrusters a quick burst and soars to the right. Barely skirting over the tops of the trees, soars over a small patch of sand dunes. Easing the thrusters off, Victor drops from the air and his mecha's feet sink a bit into the sand - right next to the target designated #2. He brandishes the massive gleaming blade in his mecha's hand, and it begins to swing forwards. Show me how you dodge this.


OOC:
1st action - flying 4 hexes (no facing change, so still facing North) to 1202.
2nd action - Attack with Falchion
1d10 + Mecha Reflexes(3) + Mecha Melee(2) = [roll0]

Storm Bringer
2007-08-24, 02:40 AM
rob

Rob's sensors tracked the incoming missles and thier near-misses on his teammates. how many more of those did these guys have? regardless, he needed to move forewards into beam range. He flicked a swtich on the console on his right, and across the mecha hatches popped open to reveal his jump jets and steering nozzles.

rob took a few steps foreward then activated his jump jets. with a roar of wind, the jets kicked in, scorching the ground behind him and propelling him skyward on a pillar of superheated air. rob twitched his joystick slightly, firing off steering jets to correct his course. He aimed his mech for the gap between Victor and Darrin. His jets changed angle to slow his decent. His landing was not very gracful, the mech stumbling slightly and rob being thrown against his straps, but it was on target, about a 50meters form both darrin and Victor and slightly behind. Now safely on the ground, rob brought his beam rifle to bear and shot at the bazooka armed mech.


Actions:

action 1: jump jet to hex 0905
action 2: shoot medium beam gun at target 3
location [roll]

Fisher
2007-08-24, 01:30 PM
With a heavy slice, the blade of Victor's Falchion cuts cleanly between the targets head and torso severing its head from the mech's body. The severed part striking the ground with a loud crash.

Far less panicked than his comrades, despite the smashed arm, the pilot of the mech labeled #1 readies his weapons. Two Salvos stream out from within the machines shoulders, momentarily dance about the sky, and then fall like rain upon their targets. The first of the missiles strike Darin, blasting away chunks of armor and servo with each impact. The second of the salvo's swarm towards Victor, whose AMS shoots wide and misses the incoming attack completely. Two of the missiles strike, one hitting the already damaged head and the other collides with the Target Analyzer Array.

While Rob's mech maneuvers forward, large clouds of dust and sand can be seen in the northern horizon, like a tidal wave that sweeps across the desert. No sooner had Rob fired his beam cannon when the storm was upon the group. Amidst the noise and sand of the sudden storm Rob could barely hear the impact of the beam striking the Rebel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ooc: All units receive +5 to evasion against ranged attacks. All called attacks suffer a -2 penalty.

Before:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game2-4.jpg
After:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game2-5.jpg


Stormbringer
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|11/11|5/5
Head|5/5|4/4
L. Arm|6/6|4/4
R. Arm|6/6|4/4
L. Leg|7/7|5/5
R. Leg|7/7|5/5
Pod|0/0|5/5[/table]
Jabu
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|11/11|3/5
Head|5/5|3/5
L. Arm|6/6|5/5
R. Arm|6/6|5/5
L. Leg|6/6|5/5
R. Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]
- Target Anaylzer

Darin
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|8/8|2/5
Head|4/4|5/5
L. Arm|4/4|2/5
R. Arm|4/4|5/5
L. Leg|5/5|4/5
R. Leg|5/5|5/5
[/table]
AverageJoe
{table]Servo|Kills|Armor SP
Torso|12/12|6/6
Head|5/5|5/5
L. Arm|7/7|5/5
R. Arm|7/7|5/5
L. Leg|6/6|5/5
R. Leg|6/6|5/5[/table]
Asq
? (Mecha not Posted)

averagejoe
2007-08-25, 08:06 PM
Salee

Salee grits his teeth as he looks at the enemy mech on the cockpit display. "Alright, then, Shredder! Do what you do best!" He spurs his mech into action with a few twitches of his hands, and his mech's claws lance forward, toward the exposed right side of his enemy.

Called attack on the right servo.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm unsure if I need to roll independantly for my other, linked claw (I thought they used the same attack, but I don't quite remember, so I'll roll just to be safe.)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Fisher
2007-08-25, 11:19 PM
++Blast! I can't see a thing! I'm moving in till I can get a better reading++ shouts Darin over the com. Why he was shouting even he probably wasn't sure.

At first, Salee wasn't faring any better. The first of his dual attacks missed the rebel by a mere meter. Gaining his bearings the second attack lashed through the rebel mech's right arm, tearing it to metal shreds.

Outraged, afraid, and barely able to see anything: Rebel 2 rushes towards Salee, moving in for a tackle. The loss of sensors proves too much of a handicap, and the rebel instead misses, overshooting his target by at least 50 meters. The third rebel, just as desperate, tries a similar move against Victor. However, his attempt is just as futile and he misses completely.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game3.jpg

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-26, 07:40 AM
Victor Sevornum

As the fierce desert wind brings a sandstorm sweeping across the field, Victor allows himself a slight grin. This will put an end to all of their missile fire - and to their resistance.

His sensors still had enough of a lock to see that Rebel 3 was beginning to make a lunge towards his mecha. With the sand to help shield his movement, Victor easily sidesteps the attack. Victor turns his mecha around to follow the target as it runs past. He mutters to himself in his cockpit.

"Charging blindly was foolish. If you hadn't let your emotions get the better of you, you could have escaped into the storm."

The Pioneer's massive blade slashes back and forth, slicing through the whirling sands in hopes of landing in his enemy's flank.


Free action - use 1 MA to turn about, new facing is Southeast.
Action 1 - Falchion attack
Mecha Reflexes + Mecha Melee + 1d10 = [roll0]
Action 2 - Falchion attack
Mecha Reflexes + Mecha Melee + 1d10 = [roll1]

Fisher
2007-08-27, 01:57 AM
With a flash the blade lashes out, the first slash barely missing while the second cuts deep into the meks upper body. Metallic shards scatter throughout the wind like the very sand it carries. The damaged machine collapses, held together by more or less a bit of armor and a lot of luck.

With a sharp snap the mechanical head of Rebel 1's mech turns in Victor's direction. It's impassive face concealing the emotions of it's pilot. After a momentary pause, as if coming to some decision, the pilot's mech speeds off to the southwest attempting a premature escape. As if part of this desperate attempt, the pilot unloads the last of it's missiles against the nearby abandoned oil rig. Despite the furious winds and masses of flying sand a single missile manages to strikes the rig, which immediately bursts into a raging, uncontrollable flame! The sudden flash of heat and light blinding any nearby onlookers momentarily.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game3-1.jpg

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-27, 06:48 AM
Victor Sevornum

As his target begins to stumble under his attack, Victor's side-view monitor shows him another target glancing his direction. Victor's attention is drawn to this other opponent, waiting to see his move.

He saw the missile fire, but was caught by surprise by the bright flash. "Erngh! That was the best move available to you. Good work."

Victor punches in a command to his ASP to save the last 10 seconds into a video file for later replay.

It'll make a great picture. I look forward to seeing that moment again.

averagejoe
2007-08-27, 12:57 PM
Salee

Salee, squinting through the flash, struggled to turn his mech to catch the escaping enemy. He tried to grab it, to prevent it from running further.

Turn to face enemy #1, then grab it, and physically lift it up if I have enough actions left. (What sort of action is lifting up, anyways? Free? Is it just apart of my grapple roll?)

[roll0]

Fisher
2007-08-29, 11:02 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/Game4-1.jpg

Having noticed nothing odd during the rebel's attack, Salee and Rob continue their assault. Through a cooperative effort, Salee and Rob were able to pin and attack the Rebel's mech easily. Though risking hitting his teammate, Rob's missiles pound against the rebel's remaining armor reducing the mech to literal rubble. Meanwhile, in response to the sudden fire, Darin moves to extinguish the roaring flames.

Now at the height of their panic the two remaining rebels proceed to flee the battle field, having lost the guidance and support of their leader.

Something kept bothering Victor, though. Replaying the clip of the attack he noticed, along with the streams of smoke from the launch of the missiles, a quick and sudden burst of steam escaping from the back of the mech's torso and a single scrap of metal falling to the ground. It was difficult to tell much else, however, due to the fierceness of the storm at the time of recording.
----------------------------------------------------------
Mech 1 defeated and unidentified part destroyed. If any remaining rebels reach the northernmost or southernmost edge of the map they will have successfully escaped. Defeating them, however, is not a mission specific objective, only the destruction of the unknown cargo. It's up to you. :smallsmile:

If you decide not to pursue you can hang out, search the rubble, explore, etc until the Valentine comes to pick you up.

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-29, 07:12 PM
Victor Sevornum

Seeing Rebel 3 stumble back to his feet and take off running, Victor lost interest and opened up the Comm. ++"Heavy Recon: Rebel 3 in full retreat. Disengaging. I'm going to investigate something strange I saw. Over."++

Victor twists the Pioneer around and begins to throttle his mecha into a slow jog to the southwest - in the direction of the battle with the fallen Rebel 1.

That enemy may have been more clever than I originally thought - he may have used the flash to try and cover his jettison of his cargo.


Action 1 - Movement: Turn facing to southwest, move to 0903.
Action 2 - Movement: Turn facing to northwest, move into 0803.

Scan remains of Rebel 1, and look for any signs of that strange debris.
Awareness = [roll0]

Fisher
2007-08-29, 10:49 PM
Despite the harsh winds and flailing sands, upon searching the mech it was plain to see that whoever had been piloting the machine was now gone.

The strange debris turns out not to be a weapon at all, but some sort of external computer mainframe. Some say knowledge is the greatest weapon, and who knows what knowledge this device contains.


----------------------------------------------------
Ooc: To find out more, you or a teammate need to make either a Mecha Tech check on the mekton or a programming check against either the mainframe or the pilot controls. You can enlist the aid of one of the three NPC's as well. However, so far your teammates aren't aware of any of this yet.

Round 5 Initiative!: Joe/Salee

TheGreatJabu
2007-08-31, 07:32 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor walks his mecha over closer to the ejected mainframe in a sort of attempt to "stand guard" over it - making sure no one else steps on it, basically. Waiting until the rest of his unit has ceased fighting (so as to avoid distracting them), Victor will then make an announcement on the Comm.

++"The stolen contraband has been found. Appears to be a large computer. Can't make much more of it, myself."++

averagejoe
2007-08-31, 09:55 PM
Salee

Salee kept his mech's grip on the remains of the enemy. ++What now? Did we win? Er, I can look at that computer, I guess.++ Salee seemed confused now that the battle was essentially over and he had no clear goals.

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-03, 06:40 AM
Victor Sevornum

Finding that pilot may be our only legitimate way of knowing what it is that we just secured for our employers.

Beginning to slowly turn his mecha around to scan the area, Victor replies. ++"Roger that. I'll sensor-ping its exact location for you. Keep an eye open for that mechajock. We have orders to avoid prying into the merchandise - not from prying into the enemy."++

With that, Victor transmits the precise coordinates of the downed mainframe to the rest of the unit, and begins surveying the area in search for the mecha pilot.

Hmm. Maybe talking to them would be better than stalking them. This one seems smart - maybe they'll listen to reason.

Victor flips on the external speakers of the Pioneer so that his transmission will be boomed over the immediate area.

"Attention pilot: this team is a hired mercenary company, and not a military unit of your enemies. We have no interest in killing you. This desert, however, may not be as kind. Surrender yourself."


Awareness to find the pilot - 1d10+11
Persuasion to convince pilot to surrender: Empathy(9) + Persuasion(2) + 1d10 = 1d10+11

Fisher
2007-09-03, 04:11 PM
Usually the infrared sensors would have little difficulty detecting anyone within their range. But today, due to the explosion from the oil-rig, the entire area was over-washed in heat signatures preventing any easy detections.

There seemed to be no response from the pilot whatsoever. After a long pause an audio only message hesitantly transmitted over the open com. The voice was disguised and it was difficult to tell even the age of whoever was transmitting.

++And what guarantee do I have that anything you say is worth believing? Your so called "mercenary" company didn't even so much as give a warning before ambushing my team. For all I know you could be thieves or worse.++

Storm Bringer
2007-09-03, 04:45 PM
++ You're worth more alive, mate. simple as that, you're worth more alive. Now, are you going to come out or are we going to do this the hard way?++

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-04, 06:46 AM
Victor Sevornum

No!

Victor shortly cuts in the moment Rob stops talking.

"What my somewhat cliche friend should have said is that we were paid to destroy your cargo - our mission has nothing to do with your people or your cause. Before we go destroying anything, however, we'd like to know a bit more about why your people were so eager to have it."

Switching off his external speakers, Victor beams his next transmission to his squadmates only, in a somewhat slow and professorly manner. ++"Telling someone they're 'worth more to you alive' indicates that you intend to profit from them. While this may be somewhat true in our case, it is a psychological red-flag. It clearly expresses to the other party that you are not on their side. Threats won't work either - if this person is willing to risk his life in an attack against a government facility with his pathetic force, do you think he or she is really afraid to die? If we approach in an unbiased manner, he or she may believe they can convince us of the 'rightness' of their cause - giving us useful data in the process. Idealistic types, like rebels, tend to think in such a way. Leave the head-shrinking to the psychologist."++

Fisher
2007-09-04, 04:11 PM
Cause? My only loyalty lies to the job. I'm a hired gun like you, ordered to retrieve some goods from a puny transport caravan. Our employer forced us to use these hunks of scrap instead of our usual hardware. Good riddance I say. I've no concern for the cargo, do with it what you need. Now that my means of transportation is gone I'm washing my hands of this entire ordeal.

With that the open com channel cut-off and no further transmissions were recieved from the mystery pilot. Any further attempts to communicate likely fell on deaf ears. While one transmission ended another began, this time from the Valentine's communications officer.

Ground Team, this is the Valentine. Looks like that little storm cloud should be clearing up in about 5-10 minutes. It seems like our employer is getting a little impatient for their delivery. Ranting on about security this and guarantee that. Sure glad I'm not the one in charge around here. Anyway, we are currently enroute for rendezvous and should arrive immediately after the storm passes. So just hang tight a little longer and we'll arrive for pickup. Dorris out.

Fisher
2007-09-07, 12:14 AM
After the Battle...
Minutes later the Valentine hovered slowly into view. By now, the raging sandstorm had quieted to a gentle breeze and offered no danger to the vessel's atmospheric engines. The crew quickly set to work: extinguishing the oil rig fire, recovering the stolen cargo, and retrieving the pilot's mecha and escape pods. Meanwhile the remaining rebel's had successfully escaped deep into the desert.

From a short distance away the pilot's could see commander Anita Karn talking to a middle-aged man in a black business suit. As the two descended down the cargo ramp a portion of their conversation could be overheard.

"...and I assure you Mr. Cam we retrieved the cargo swiftly, just like we promised."

You had better hope those scum didn't gain access to any of those files Miss Karn, or you and your crew are through! You may have quite the reputation for getting the job done, but I refuse to believe anything I haven't observed first hand. Why I bet...

Then see for yourself, interrupted the commander "your oversized computer is here and ready for transport. Now if you excuse me a moment, I need to make sure my men are OK."

Leaving Mr. Cam for a moment, Anita approached the resting pilots.

Good work men. The cargo is safe and, more importantly, we've been payed for our services in advance. Once everything is ready we'll be leaving this dustball and returning to our orbit in space. Before which we'll be stopping at Westtooth to refuel and to look for more job prospects. The appropriate funds have been deposited to each of your accounts for your work here today. Once more, good work. Now go rest up, you deserved it."

Extremely busy, the commander couldn't stay and returned to answer Mr. Cam's latest list of complaints. Within the hour all matters were taken care of, and the ship departed for the small port town of WestTooth. All the while, Mr. Cam's technicians thoroughly inspected the retrieved cargo.
__________________________________________________ ________
Level Up!

...OK not really, but everyone has received 60 credits for the day's job. Congrats on surviving. :smallsmile:

Storm Bringer
2007-09-08, 09:31 AM
Rob backed his mech into it's bay, quickly undid the straps and scrambled down the side rungs. Caroline had already brought up missles from the armoruy to replace the ones he'd shot, and the techs were busy disconnecting the shoulder pod to re-arm it. Caroline herself gave no more than a nod and a smile to him between orders to the crew. Thankfully his mech hadn't taken much fire, and just needed a quick re-arm to be ready again.

Rob walked over to Victor's mech, which had taken the worst hits of the fight. the mech's Head looked like someone had taken a large sledgehammer to it a few times.
"Yo, Victor! you okay in thier?" he shouted up, a touch of concern in his voice.

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-10, 01:56 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor steps around from the other side of his mecha. He's looking up at his mecha through the digital screen of his camera. On occasion a flash of light emits from the camera. He turns to look at Rob.

"Sorry. I'm no good at repairs, so I left the Pioneer in more capable hands."

He stops for a moment and looks down to scroll through some of his images. He pauses on the one featuring the damaged head of his mecha.

"The missile didn't punch through the armor, but it did short out a few of the relays for the target analysis hardware. I'm fine though."

Looking back up at the man, and then starting to scan the mecha hanger, Victor begins snapping off another occasional picture of techs scurrying about with their repairs. Without looking back at Rob, he starts speaking again.

"You were really putting out some punishment in that fight. How long have you been a mechajock?"

Storm Bringer
2007-09-10, 02:24 PM
"3 years as a professional, but i've been mechs all my life. I did about a year of freelance work before I was hired by this outfit" Rob frowned for a moment. "What are we called these days, anyway?"

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-10, 03:48 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor shrugs. "Beats me. I was only recently assigned to this unit to serve as a military liason. I've seen about as much time at a desk as I have in the cockpit of a mecha." He adds more as an afterthought. "Well, not so much 'desk' as 'couch'. I was an Army psychologist. Dabbled in diplomacy and leadership positions. My situation changed, and I saw a chance to get into a mecha training program. Passed my training, and now here I am."

Victor looks back down at his camera and begins scrolling through the various pictures he's taken since his return from combat. He finally spies the one he was looking for - a picture of that red-haired Tech girl smiling over towards Rob. He holds up the camera to where Rob can see.

"Think she likes you, Rob. She's a cute one."

Storm Bringer
2007-09-10, 04:05 PM
"Victor, she's my girlfreind. I know she likes me." rob said with a grin. he then gestured in the direction of the common room. "i'm going for a drink, wanna come?"

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-10, 04:24 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor couldn't help but smile a little at his mistake. Good call on that one, Victor. I was right, though - my analysis was just a few months too late.

Victor closes the camera and slips it into a pocket in his windsuit pants he'd changed into. "Sounds good. Shame we can't hit a real bar somewhere - you can get great pictures in them."

averagejoe
2007-09-10, 08:38 PM
Salee

Salee climbs out of his mech and walks out of the bay. He doesn't even turn his head when he yells to the tech people, "Just routine stuff, she didn't take any damage. Check for anything caught in the pincer joints, though."

Storm Bringer
2007-09-11, 06:39 AM
"well, when we reach WestTooth, we can go to a pub there." Rob said as they walked into the common room. A few off-duty bridge crew were having a card game around one of the tables, and one of the quartermasters aides was deep in some novel or other. Rob spotted Sophie, the ships cook, sprawled on a sofa by the always-on TV. Rob wandered over.

"Hi Sophie". Sophie looked up at him and beamed. "Rob! how did it go?" she asked in her ever cheerful manner, then she looked at Victor."Oh, hello. Your're one of the new mechjocks, aren't you? I'm sophie." she held out her hand.

Fisher
2007-09-11, 03:59 PM
Intercom
++Attention all passengers. We should be landing at WestTooth within the next fifteen minutes. All personnel who plan to depart into the city are expected to return within 5 hours of landing or will be left behind.++

Common Room
It wasn’t long after the two had entered that the TV switched to the news. A young, reddish-blonde haired reporter was asking an elderly scientist about the progress of the Mars terraforming project.

“So what would you say professor is the main obstacle to the Mars Project?” asked the woman.

"Well Miss April, the project has been moving steadily these past 52 years but lately we’ve come to a standstill. Much of our equipment has fallen into disrepair and many of our workers have either retired or left. It’s such a shame, here the planet is 80% terraformed and we can’t finish on account of..."…annnd #45 is racing down the field at the 30, the 20, the 10, Oh! He’s taken down by Warner at the 7 yard line. That had to hurt! We’ll return, after this break.

“Oi! Roger! We were watching that!” shouted one of the TV watchers to the young man who had changed the channel.

“The big game is on Shelby. If you want to know what happened so bad, check a vidpaper like everyone else” replied Roger.

“Why don’t YOU check the paper, no one else is interested in that archaic sport!”

“Haha, looks like those two are at it again. Might as well clear out till things settle down”, commented one of the crew. The group playing cards pretended not to hear and simply continued their game.

Hallway
While walking out of the hanger bay, Salee noticed one of Mr. Cam’s technicians sprint out of the cargo room towards the bridge. The portly, middle-aged man looked anxious and distraught as he ran down the passageway. In the distance, he could hear a young man and woman arguing over modern day athletics compared to the sports of yesteryear.


OOC
Somewhat quick post, my apologies for any grammer/sp mistakes. Think I might just choose 2 color schemes from now on for the more "generic" crew members. Someone might go blind from the constant array of colors. :smalltongue:

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-13, 01:31 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor turns to the woman. He can't help but be amused at the thought - I had just gotten used to saluting in the military, and now everyone shakes hands. He shakes her hand and introduces himself. "Victor Sevornum."

Giving an obvious glance towards the TV, he speaks again - not particularly speaking to anyone. "Hope we're not here for the entertainment - playing a sport is fun; watching it is mind-numbing. Anyways, what is it that you do, Sophie? Just a warning - if your response is 'I'm a sports commentator', I've got a great apology prepared."

Storm Bringer
2007-09-13, 02:10 AM
Sophie laughed. "Fear not, for I am the ships cook. Well, one of 'em. But, if you're apology is so great, i'd like to hear it anyway. So, how was your first fight, then? I'm told it can be quite scary."



I think i'll just colour robs speech from now on.

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-14, 01:39 AM
Victor Sevornum

Even though they had only been speaking for seconds, Victor was slowly beginning to feel himself needing a tag-team partner to relieve some of the pressure of conversation off of him. Although no longer shy as he once was, he still preferred to keep a slow personal pace in group conversations. Years of experience with this have taught him to keep the feeling from showing, at least. Don't want her to feel guilty or anything. Maybe I can get Rob to step in.

Making himself look like he's weighing over her question for a moment, Victor raises his glass in salute towards Rob. "Better ask this guy about it - he did most of the real 'fighting' himself. Many of us were just along for the ride."

Victor begins to take a slow, long sip from his drink until he either has a mouthful or someone else has spoken again.

Storm Bringer
2007-09-14, 02:11 AM
"Come on, you were right up at the front, doing just as good a job." rob said. At that moment, their was an outbreak of shouting at the card table as somebody played a winning hand, which managed to stifle the conversation for a few moments. Once the players and settled down agian, rob looked at Victor."what army are you form, anyway?"

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-14, 03:08 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor distractedly begins to move his glass around in his hand a bit, swirling the fluid inside. "I'm from Czechland, over in Europe. Our state had a decent army, but we tried to keep a large roster of mercenaries friendly to us at all times. The Czech Armed Forces instituted a liason program where army officers would be transferred to serve in merc units."

He pauses for a short sip, and looks down into his almost-empty glass. The fact that people think this stuff tastes good is a testament to operant conditioning. He takes his hand off of it and continues. "The idea is that we get to see how mercenaries live so that we change create more favorable policies for their hire, and also to keep an 'ear to the ground' to gauge the general attitude towards our state abroad. In return, the merc units get skilled recruits, choice contracts when serving Czechland, and a state with a merc-friendly atmosphere that they can base themselves from." Victor leans back in his chair and slowly shifts his gaze between Rob and Sophie. He vaguely gestures around the room in a somewhat theatrical manner. "And what brings a hardened vet, his culinary counterpart, and his red-maned romance here?"

Still like the alliteration jokes. Patrick would have loved that one. The corners of Victor's mouth twitch up into what almost became a smile. Maria would have punched me. Those soccer divas and their attitude.

Storm Bringer
2007-09-15, 01:26 PM
Rob grinned."Work, my fellow pilot. work. Me and a few friends from the old Blackrose merc company were hired to do a job alongside the valatine team, and managed to impress the commander so much they offered me us contract. Sophie here came to us via a placement company, and Caroline responded to a job ad the company put out. I met them both here." Rob guestured at the ship around them.

Fisher
2007-09-15, 11:55 PM
The groaning of landing gear momentarily interrupts the group's conversation, signaling their arrival at WestTooth. Having arrived at there destination, the crew set to work. While lab technicians scurried about running scans and tests the mechanics were preparing to enter the town to purchase supplies. The crew of the Valentine weren't the only ones who were busy. Mr. Cam and his workers were still on board, running tests on the recovered external mainframe. Anita, Mr. Cam, and several others were nowhere to be seen, most likely busy with some important matter. From down the hall several conversations could be overheard amongst various crew members...

"Strange, looks like something got into one of them old drop pods. The rations and supplies are all missing. If I didn't know better, I'd say someone stowed away in here until we landed," mentioned Mack, one of the older and more experienced members of the Valentine crew, to one of the mechanics. "Not much of a surprise though, the pods aren't usually tended to until right before we need to use them."

...and at least 23 files were copied before it was recovered. Simon is reporting everything to Mr. Cam now, hopefully we can think up some way to minimalize the damage now before word gets out. If only we could...

...sector C is where it's at in WestTooth. It has anything a person would ever need: places to eat, an assortment of stores, and is the home for several major businesses. I'm going to try to finish up these repairs quickly and go visit the Lion's Den. Best place to get a meal this side of ...

averagejoe
2007-09-16, 12:11 PM
Salee

"Huh," said Salee to himself as he disembarked, "I hope they find the missing pod. I'm sure not giving mine up if it comes to that." He kept walking, then stopped mid runway. "Wait... where was I going?"

Storm Bringer
2007-09-16, 02:56 PM
"how about with us?" came a shout form behind salee

Salee turned to see Rob, Victor, plus maybe a dozen or so faces he didn't know off hand. "one of the techs recommended a place called the lions den. We were going to check it out and celcebrate the success of our mission.....and maybe get a name for the unit sorted out. Intrested?"

averagejoe
2007-09-18, 10:50 AM
Salee

Salee shrugged his shoulders, which looked strange, since he stood with his hands behind his head. "Sure, whatever," he said to Rob, falling in step behind him.

Fisher
2007-09-18, 07:45 PM
“You should take Roger here with you," hollered Shelby from the commons room doorway. With a smile she added,"That way everyone will get some sort of a reprieve."

Flabbergasted for a moment, Roger could only shrug and nod in agreement. "Sure, why not? I'm not needed till takeoff anyway."

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-19, 05:49 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor hustled back to his room to grab his wallet - and his weapon. You never know. He slips on the shoulder holster he was given to wear with his dress uniform, puts in his weapon, and pulls on a jogging jacket to keep it out of plain sight. Once that is finished, he double-checks the battery power on his camera and walks quickly to catch back up with the others.

Fisher
2007-09-19, 03:18 PM
The city of WestTooth was divided into six separate sectors labeled A-F. Sectors A & B were residential, Sector C was devoted to entertainment, Sector D contained the shipping docks, and Sectors E & F consisted of various businesses and warehouses.

The sun was setting in the horizon as the group departed and the street lights brightened to life. Dock Mechanics, Business Professionals, and Families were all leaving work and on their way home. The Lions Den was located somewhere in Sector C of the city, which was just adjacent to the shipping sector where the Valentine was currently docked. It wasn't long after the group left that the scenery quickly changed from the modest harbor warehouses to the glitzy signs and displays of the busy merchant center. It should have been a short trek to the pub. It SHOULD have been...

"Hey Jimmy, do you even know where were going? questioned Roger from the back of the group

"Of course I do Rog. You just take 7th Street down until you reach the square then hang a right. Easy as pie"

Then why are we on 17th Street in the middle of nowhere?

Wait... were on 17th? ...That can't be good

Sure enough, the group was lost in the middle of the business sector. By now most of the people traversing from work had reached home and the streets were empty. Then again at this time of night the business sector would be deserted anyway.

WestTooth Local Time - 7:27 PM

40mins have passed since the group set out. In 3hrs and 20mins the ship will be refueled and ready for takeoff. Those late may receive a pay cut and those extremely late might be left behind. Just something to keep in mind. Jimmy is completely lost. Either set out from the group, help them find their way, or whatever strikes your fancy.

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-20, 11:30 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor lets out a quiet sigh. Can't always have reliable Intel, can you? "Let's looks at the adjacent streets, find 16th, and keep going in that direction until we hit 7th. No big deal."

Hmm. Not sure I have one for "Lost" yet. Right after he began walking off to check the label of the road to their right, he turns back to face the group. Pulling his camera up to his face, he snaps off a quick picture of the others.

Fisher
2007-09-22, 06:17 PM
Several minutes later you reach the intersection of 11th and Granite. The streets are still mostly empty, besides the occasional patrol drone, but you can begin to hear the hustle and bustle of the entertainment district. Roger, Jimmy, and several others have fallen behind leaving Rob, Salee, and Victor a fair distance away from the others. However, if they were to look back they would be able to see them several blocks away.

WestTooth Local Time: 7:45

Awareness Check

Fisher
2007-09-29, 10:33 PM
WestTooth Local Time: 7:46

The City Streets

As the group continued to walk, Rob and Salee noticed that the patrol drone in the corner wasn't moving. The humanoid machine stood half slumped, the small, red light centered on it's visor blinked rapidly. Then the blinking stopped. Abruptly the light switched from red to green. Slowly the mechanical head rose and turned in the groups direction, it's impassive face hiding any tell of it's intention.

Till it spoke, WARNING. HUMANS IN DANGER. MOVING TO INTERCEPT HOSTILE PRESENCE, in a deep, digital voice. Slowly the drone began to march in their direction.

Looking in front of where they stood they saw no one. In fact, besides the other crew members several blocks away, there wasn't a person or threat in sight. Yet it continued to approach them. Faster and faster, now the drone was in a full sprint.

The incoming machine raised it's right arm as it approached. At the end of it's wrist wasn't a hand, however, but what appeared to be a blaster.

REMOVING THREAT

TheGreatJabu
2007-09-30, 07:34 AM
Victor Sevornum

Initiative: 10

Darren continues to follow along in step with the others, his mind wandering between all the sights he is seeing. I'm kind of glad we got lost - this is a lot more picturesque than the tourist trap part-of-town. After snapping off a few pictures of local buildings, he begins scanning through them on his camera. Something seems particularly strange in one - it looks like something was coming towards him during one of the shots.

He looks up to notice the sentry drone bearing down on himself and the others. Oh.

"There's no cover here - let's move."


OOC: Victor uses as many actions as it takes to move from the street to alongside the building/business fronts (hex 0711), looking for any alcove or nook to get a little cover behind. He won't draw his weapon yet, but he turns to make sure he's facing towards the drone (northwest).

averagejoe
2007-09-30, 12:03 PM
Salee

Initiative 11

Salee wasn't really thinking of anything when he saw the drone coming toward them. He paused for a moment after the drone spoke, then he turned to run the other way. "Run!" he shouted to his companions, and, upon seeing their crewmates several blocks back, ran toward them.

Fisher
2007-10-01, 08:41 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/CityStreets.jpg

Fisher
2007-10-05, 08:51 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/CityStreets2.jpg

As Salee and Victor sprinted off the Drone moved a step closer. It fires, aiming it's cannon-like arm at the unaware Rob. The pilot's keen senses, trained from years of mercenary service, kick in however and he nimble dodges the blast. The net fired by the drone collided with the ground several meters away, empty.

Initiative:
Storm/Rob - MA: 5
Joe/Salee - MA: 5
Jabu/Victor - MA: 9
Drone

Storm Bringer
2007-10-05, 09:10 AM
rob threw himself aside as the robot tracked him. somehow the net shot over his left arm. Now that it had fired at him, rob felt no retraint at returning fire. he grabbed his pistol form his shoulder hostler and started shooting. He didn't know if he'd be able to damage the robot, but he'd at least give the others a chance to flank it and/or run.

actions:

draw my pistol and shoot this thing!

[roll0] ( i think that's the right modifer)

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-05, 09:31 AM
Victor Sevornum

Having taken his spot around the corner, Victor reaches in through the loosely opened 'neck' of his jacket and grabs his combat pistol out from the shoulder holster. With a casual tug on the slide and a thumb pushing down the hammer, Victor readies his weapon. Friendly town. It's not often that I'm glad to have brought this thing.

He peeks around the corner and takes aim. He calls out to Rob right before he fires. "Fall back to the corner - I'll cover you!" With a squeeze of the trigger he looses a round at the mad machine.


First action: Aiming (+1 to hit)
Second action: Handgun Shot 1d10 + 8 (reflexes) + 1 (handguns) + 1 (W.A.) +1 (Aim) = [roll0]
Potential damage 2d6 = [roll1]

averagejoe
2007-10-05, 09:31 PM
Salee

Salee kept running toward the other crewmembers, shouting and waving at them for help. Crap! I don't even like guns. His eyes scan the ground, looking for anything that might be used as a weapon. (OOC: not looking for anything less obvious than a heavy, blunt object or the like.)

Fisher
2007-10-06, 10:16 AM
As Salee looked around the only thing he could immediately find was the used net fired by the machine and a metal trash can sitting at the corner of the road. Though he tried to get the other crew members attention, they were still to far away to discern what was going on. One person did see Salee, however, and waved back, probably thinking Salee was only excited about finding the pub.

The drone continued to follow it's protocol, shrugging off the shots fired at it. Or at least trying to, as one bullet pierced it's right arm.

RIOT IN PROGRESS. HUMANS IN DANGER. iterated the drone.

Raising it's right arm once more, it fired again at Rob. This time, however, the net struck true, entangling it's target in a mesh of cords.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ooc

Map Same as Previous

Initiative:
Storm/Rob - MA: 5
Joe/Salee - MA: 5
Jabu/Victor - MA: 9
Drone

Dodge & Escape(REF) vs 18 to escape from net. Cannot move till free.

averagejoe
2007-10-06, 11:13 AM
Salee

Salee keeps running toward the crewmembers. "Hey," he shouts, "Get over here ya dumb bastards! Hurry!"

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-06, 11:35 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor's jaw squeezes tight when he sees the net fly over Rob. Damn. I've got to distract it. Victor closes his eyes for a moment, draws in a slow breath...

With a spin, he steps out from around the corner of the building. He starts slowly and calmly walking forward along the sidewalk, firing his weapon at the drone as he moves.


1st action: Fire! [roll0] Damage: [roll1] Location: [roll2]
2nd action: Fire! [roll3] Damage: [roll4] Location: [roll5]
Free action: Walk 4 hexes to 0610 (facing northwest)

Edit: Oh crap! I forgot that +3 to hit from the thing's roadstriker size. Add +3 to both shots! :smallbiggrin:

Fisher
2007-10-10, 04:01 PM
The succession of attacks severely weaken the drone, knocking it's weapon temporarily offline and severely damaging the torso. Shakily, the drone attempts to move closer, in vain. It's gyro's stuttering and shrieking at the attempt.

UNIT HAS EXPERIENCED SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE. SWITCHING TO STANDBY MODE.

While Rob and Victor fought the machine, Salee was finally able to successfully catch the crew's attention. Since the danger was mostly past, they began to close the distance at a steady jog.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/truehunter22/CityStreets3.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------
OOC
Quick post between assignments...

Congratulations, the drone is currently inactive. Crew is roughly 2 blocks away now and should catch up by the next round

Storm Bringer
2007-10-10, 04:10 PM
Rob

"the cops are gonna be pissed about this....." Rob mutters as he changes clips on his gun. he glances over at Victor "nice shooting, mate. Now, I don't suppose you know what we did that got this thing mad, do you?"

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-10, 08:34 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor pauses for a moment to glower at the machine as it makes its 'death throes'. When it finally deactivates, he pushes the hammer back down on his pistol and switches the safety on. He keeps it in his hand as he walks past it, over to check on Rob to see if he needs any help removing the net. Keeping his back to the buildings north (putting the drone and Rob at his sides), he replies to his teammate.

"Beats me. Worst case scenario, this city's got a law against carrying weapons and it detected ours. If we're lucky it shorted out and attacked without reason."

Victor gazes at the broken machine blankly. His mind is anything but empty, however. Created to protect the innocent. Even machines can lose their sense of purpose when things go wrong. Victor pulls out his camera from its bulging, uncomfortable resting place in his pocket. He angles himself around the broken drone to a position where the machine's long shadow cast by the setting sun can be seen on the ground behind it. He snaps the shot.

I'll call that one "Fugue".


OOC: You know what? In my minds-eye, I really like this picture. I want to burn 1 Luck to make the picture-roll better. I'm going to be totally pissed if I roll a 1. :smallamused:

Tech (5) + Photography (1) + Luck (1) + 1d10 = 1d10+7

Fisher
2007-10-10, 10:34 PM
City Streets
With a click and a whirl the camera captures the image of the now kneeling machine. Just in time as well, for the sun finished it's descent moments later. With the disappearance of the sun the streetlights flickered to life illuminating the concrete sidewalks and asphalt road.

By now the crew had reached the other three and began to exchange information. As they talked Roger slowly walked over to Salee and delivered a solid punch to his gut.

"Who you calling dumb, eh? It's not our fault you couldn't handly a measly sidewalk drone. By the looks of things this one isn't even armored!"

Jimmy quickly jumped over to restrain Roger, trying to keep the man from continuing his fury.

"Easy Rog, don't take it so personal. It was a heat of the moment type thing. I bet Salee here didn't mean anything personal by it, right Salee?" Jimmy inquisitively asked the slightly injured pilot.

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-11, 01:36 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor's eyes dart over in the direction of the brief scuffle he hears. Although his expression doesn't change, his eyes show a flash of surprise. Uh oh. That wasn't called for. Speaking slowly and deliberately, he addresses the other man. "You overreacted. If Salee chooses to do the same to you, I won't interfere."

Victor turns an inquisitive glance over to his fellow pilot. "Salee, right? I'm Victor. Will you reply in kind, or would you rather go find a bar, get some drinks, and get off this rock? It's your choice." He turns to gaze at Salee's attacker, Roger, and although he is speaking to Salee his words are meant for both men. "Your actions are always your choice - never attempt to lay the blame on mitigating factors."

Fisher
2007-10-12, 12:30 PM
The mechanical sounds of whirring motors and shifting parts can be heard behind you...

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-12, 01:02 PM
Victor Sevornum

Only momentarily breaking his gaze towards the conflict between the two men, Victor turns and, surprisingly, leaps into the air and throws the drone a solid spin-kick to its robotic "head" in an attempt to knock the noisy piece of junk over onto its side.


Spin kick! Ref (8) + H2H (2) + 3 (size) - WA (4) + 1d10 = [roll0]
Damage: 1d6+3 hits (spin kick damage, hits head) = [roll1]

Fisher
2007-10-12, 01:25 PM
The kick flies over the drone's head as it shakily falls from it's damaged motors.

Unit Damage Is Extensive. Requesting Aid From Unit 3-11B and Unit 7-11C. Calculating ETA of One Minute

The blinking light on the droid's visor display then cuts out. Most likely due to the internal mechanisms becoming further damaged from the drones fall.

averagejoe
2007-10-12, 09:58 PM
Salee

Salee catches his breath and straightens from his doubled over position. The snarl on his face is replaced by a grin, or perhaps more of a glare. "Victor, right?" he says, "You're right about one thing. We are responsible for our own actions." His smile fades into a solemn stare, and his multicolered eyes glitter with a dangerous glint. He points at Roger, "So it will be entirely my responsibility when I kick the crap out of this piece of-"

Salee turns at the sound of the drone awakening. "Cheese it," he shouts, "back to the ship, we're in deep enough as it is!" He turns back toward Roger, glaring once more, "Don't think this is over. I'll be on the lookout for any more sucker punches, coward!"

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-12, 10:36 PM
Victor Sevornum

Salee's reply brings a thin smile to Victor's lips (which is the closest thing to a real smile that anyone has seen from the man thus far). "Good idea. So much for shore leave. Let's go."

Storm Bringer
2007-10-13, 05:08 PM
"Um, hello?" Rob says as the others start to leave.

"little help here? he guestures at the netting still holding him in place.

ooc:

can't remember what modifers i need, so i'll just roll the D10 and run with it.
[roll0]
Balls

Fisher
2007-10-13, 05:36 PM
As Victor tried to help Rob escape, the remaining crew members left to return to the ship. The netting proved difficult, however, and refused to undo with Rob's or Victor's attempts. The clock was ticking. There was little time before more drones rendezvoused to their location.

WestTooth Local Time: 7:51.10

averagejoe
2007-10-14, 12:56 AM
Salee

Salee curses at the sound of Rob's voice. He runs back to try and help his companion with the net.

(I too do not know the modifiers, so I'll just roll 1d10 for now.)

[roll0]

D'oh!

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-14, 03:46 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor is close to taking off when Rob's voice is heard. He turns back to see the man still entangled. Victor jogs over to his captured comrade and begins to look for the constricted end of the net that pulled tight to keep its target from simply throwing it off like a blanket. He can operate a 50-ton machine of destruction from the inside, but he can't work his way out of some twine.


I'll go for that Helping/Unwinding option as I don't have a knife.
Int (8) + Survival (1) + 1d10 = [roll0]

Fisher
2007-10-14, 03:58 PM
The net still holds, but your attempts do remove some of the more difficult knots. It appears that some parts are no longer as tightly woven together.

WestTooth Local Time: 7:51.20
It was a close check, so instead of a complete fail, the difficulty dropped from 18 to 15.

Fisher
2007-10-15, 01:22 PM
After several attempts to undo the cords of the net, Rob finally frees himself from it's grasp. Half a minute has passed. In the distance you can hear the slow clanking of mechanical steps. Getting closer and closer as the seconds pass.

WestTooth Local Time: 7:51.30

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-15, 05:27 PM
Victor Sevornum

Once the last of the man-made web is stripped from Rob, Victor stands up abruptly and does a quick reconnoiter to regain his bearings. Satisfied that he knows the right general direction to go, he rolls his shoulders once and pops his back. "Time to go - let's try to avoid any more 'entanglements'. This way."

With that, Victor takes off back towards the ship.


OOC: Figured I'd work our previous Memory checks into this post. Now comes the time to haul it! Victor will inevitably pull ahead of Rob and Salee, but when he gets "too far" ahead he'll stop and take up a position to wait/cover the other two until they catch up. If those drones catch up with them, he'll be ready!

averagejoe
2007-10-16, 11:46 AM
Salee

Salee gives only a brief nod and follows.

Storm Bringer
2007-10-16, 12:39 PM
"another pun like that and you'll regret it" rob muttered as he dashed after Victor, hoping to hell he knew the way back.

Fisher
2007-10-16, 04:27 PM
WestTooth City Streets
At a full sprint the group is soon blocks away from the business sector, no sign of pursuit in sight. They found themselves now at their original destination, the entertainment district. Unlike where they left, the streets were still crowded and the area was alight with electric signs and hovering banners. Several uniformed police officers patroled the busy streets but none took notice of you, or seemed to care for that matter.

If you were to continue down the road you would reach the docks in 10 short minutes, which only proved how great Jimmy's sense of direction really was. There was no obvious sign of the crew members here, though. They had either gotten lost, again, or returned to the ship.

WestTooth Local Time: 8:07 PM

Storm Bringer
2007-10-16, 04:30 PM
rob slowed, panting

"okay, i think we can take 5." he gasped between breaths. "do you guys wanna try and find this bloody pub, or are we gonna write the night off?"

averagejoe
2007-10-17, 01:31 AM
Salee

"Nah, I want my head clear. I've got a debt to pay," Salee says as he crosses his arms in front of him, a sour look on his face.

Fisher
2007-10-17, 12:35 PM
WestTooth
As the group discusses what to do next, a nearby theater releases it's patrons. For a moment, the streets surge with an excess of people, several bumping into the group while they talk. Seconds later, the area returns to its usual hum of activity, continuing its hubbub of busyness.

WestTooth Local Time: 8:08 PM

You hear the rolling of dice...

Storm Bringer
2007-10-17, 12:40 PM
i take the hint and check my pockets for my wallet.:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Fisher
2007-10-17, 12:44 PM
Checking several of your pockets you find that the wallet is missing!:smalleek: You spot it nearby on the sidewalk, 70 credits short of it's previous holdings. You also notice several other wallets beside it.

Storm Bringer
2007-10-17, 12:54 PM
"......Bugger." rob says. he walks over and picks up the wallets.

"Well, i think this answers the question of what we do..........." he said with the air of someone looking for an excuse to punch something.

"any of these yours?" he asks his colluges.

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-17, 05:15 PM
Victor Sevornum

Glad to be back in more populated areas, Victor slows and waits for the others to catch up once he hits the outskirts of the entertainment district.

The hustle and bustle of the area puts Victor a little on edge. Trying to stick close to Salee and Rob as the crowds thicken, Victor nearly doesn't hear Rob's question about the wallets. Victor takes a look at the items on the ground, trying to see if he can identify them. He does so with a dour look on his face. Never did like cities much. Too many people; individuals start losing their sense of self and become faces in the crowd.

Fisher
2007-10-18, 06:32 PM
Did you guys want to look for the pickpocket or something else, or were you going to go back to the ship? Wasn't sure if everyone wanted me to continue on.

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-18, 10:58 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor picks up his wallet and looks through it to take an inventory of what's missing. The money's expected to be gone - hopefully his pictures remain. I don't even know if I could find all of them again. I can't risk losing them.

Victor's eyes lift from his wallet and begin to dart back and forth across the crowds, looking for anything suspicious; someone glancing his way frequently, or someone who seems to be in a particularly big hurry to get away from the area.


Awareness? Int + Awareness + 1d10 = [roll0]

averagejoe
2007-10-19, 02:14 AM
Salee

Salee's eyes flash dangerously when he realizes what happened. Whoever took my wallet is going to pay, he thinks to himself as he looks around.

[roll0]

Fisher
2007-10-19, 10:36 AM
WestTooth City Streets
While not crowded, the streets still hold a fair amount of people. But there are several people of interest.

Near the theater on the right stands an elderly man dressed in a black tuxedo and tophat. A red rose adorning his pocket and a slight smile upon his bearded face. He nods politely upon noticing your glance in his direction, but on a closer look he seems slightly uncomfortable at the attention.

Across the street from the theater is a small local market. On the curb outside it's walls sits a pair of drunks. Attempting to indiscreetly drink from bottles held in brown paper bags and shouting at every few random passerby who looks their way. Seeing your gaze, one simply raises her fists and shouts bits of nonsense.

To the left of the group a young boy of no more than fifteen exits an alley. Upon noticing you he appears slightly startled and pulls his brown cap down closer to his eyes. Turning away from the group he begins to walk briskly in the opposite direction.

As he walks away the boy passes a small bistro and deli, the smell of seasoned meats and prepared sandwiches wafting from it's doors. A young woman sits on a bench outside, taking small bites of a ham and cheese sub. When you look in her direction you find she's already staring at you, but quickly looks away when your eyes meet hers.

Besides these there are only the usual business patrons, teens, police officers, and nightowls. All buzzing from place to place like bees in a field.

WestTooth Local Time: 8:09 PM

Quick post, I'll edit any mistakes in a bit

averagejoe
2007-10-19, 01:10 PM
Salee

Cracking his knuckles, Salee says to his companions, "A few suspicious people. Should we split up?" Salee adjusts his jacket (which he's had this whole time :smalltongue: ), smooths his hair, and says, "That woman over there looks pretty suspicious. I'd better question her."

Storm Bringer
2007-10-19, 02:03 PM
"Look, is this really the time to be on the pull?" rob asks with in a exasperated tone that somehow managed to convey the joking nature of his comment. Rob then spotted the old man in fancy dress, and walked over.

" 'scuse me, mate, but do you know where the Lions Den is?" Rob asked in a neutral tone.

ooc:

sorry, I coudln't resist the chance for a one liner. obviously, i wish to observe the reaction of the guy as closely as possible (I wonder why he in a get up that went out of fashion during the first world war?).

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-19, 06:01 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor nods to Salee's suggestion before Rob takes off. "Yeah. Sounds good. Meet back in 10 or less."

With that, Victor begins to stroll off in the direction that the young boy was last seen going. He does his best to blend in with the crowd, trying to follow the young man as indiscretely as possible. Not wanting to edge in on Salee's "territory", Victor only gives the young woman at the restaurant a quick glance as he walks past. He's more interested in keeping an eye on the boy, but feels the need to make sure he's not exposing his back to any threat.


Stealth check to shadow the kid: Ref (8) + Stealth (1) + 1d10 = [roll0]
Awareness: Int (8) + Awareness (3) + 1d10 = [roll1]

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-19, 06:02 PM
OOC: Woohoo! 10 on that Stealth check! Here's the boost.

Stealth bonus: [roll0]

averagejoe
2007-10-19, 09:06 PM
Salee

Salee saunters up to the woman, taking the seat next to her's on the bench. "It's a beautiful night, isn't it?" he says conversationally. Without waiting for an answer, he continues, "Although, I always thought it was kind of sad how you can't see the stars in the city; at least, not really. The only time I really feel homesick is when I can't see the stars at night. I've traveled all over this planet, and I've never seen a sky as beautiful as the one back home." He turns his head, gazing deep into her eyes, his own eyes shifting color as he turns, "I've always wanted to return home and share it with someone special, someone who's beautiful enough to understand what beauty is."

Jabu, I can't even see you! :smallbiggrin:

Er, should I make an attractiveness check or an empathy check, or something?

Fisher
2007-10-19, 10:35 PM
WestTooth City Streets

Rob
Surprised by Rob's question the elderly man replies, "M'excuser monsieur ? Le Repaire du Lion? Je crois c'est deux blocs au nord. Il doit être toujours ouvert."

He finishes the last remark by pointing down the street. He still appears slightly uncomfortable at the attention, but his face barely shows the fact. He cautiously looks to the right and left, as if expecting someone to be watching. Shakily, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out what appears to be a business card and offers it to the inquiring pilot.

Salee
(I'll wait till I get the rolls before replying. Just in case you decide on anything else to roll for.)

The young woman looks nervously from left to right, a small piece of bread fixed upon her face. Nervously, she points a finger upward at herself, as if trying to verify that Salee meant her.

WhaWhaWhaWhat do you want? I... I don't have any money. The police are rararight over there. If you come any closer I'll scream! I, I saw you with all those wallets. Your not doing the same to me!

Having said this the woman stood straight up and started to back away slowly, right into a nearby light-post. She was shaking completely like a cornered mouse, clearly panicked.

Victor
The boy moves seamlessly through the crowd of travelers, but isn't too difficult to follow. The young man seems distressed and would occasionally glance back from time to time, perhaps worried of being followed. Victor has little difficulty avoiding detection ,however, by maintaining a safe distance and simultaneously keeping track of the teen's whereabouts.

After three blocks of walking the boy suddenly turns right into a nearby alley. Peering into the concrete hallway, Victor finds it devoid of anyone besides the boy. Tracking just got a bit more difficult.

WestTooth Local Time: 8:11 PM

averagejoe
2007-10-20, 12:11 AM
Salee

Salee scratches himself behind the head. "Geez," he mutters to himself, low enough that she can't hear, "What's with this girl?" Aloud, he says, "Er, what? I don't know what you're talking about. If you don't want to go out with me you can just say so. No need to call the police."

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-20, 07:57 AM
Victor Sevornum

Once the boy darts down the alley, Victor decides to wait a few seconds before attempting to go in after him. He casually leans back against the wall right next to the entrance of this alley, listening carefully for any sounds coming from it.

I'll give him a second to think the heat's off, then I'll make my move.


Awareness for my listening - [roll0]

Since I'm not actually going down the alleyway this 'round', you can roll my Stealth check for me if I actually need one from some unknown NPC. Otherwise I'm assuming I'd auto-succeed since I'm out-of-sight for this 10 second period.

For clarification: if you need to advance all of us by a few minutes each update, Victor is planning on going into the alley after the kid the very next round from now, so if you need more rolls beyond that one Awareness, feel free to make them yourself using my stats - won't burn any Luck on them.

Storm Bringer
2007-10-20, 08:42 AM
Rob took the busines card and looked at it, trying to translate the mans french.

"deux....... that's two, isn't it? yhea, two blocks north. thankyu, mate. rob looked around and saw that salee was chatting up that bird (and failing, by the looks of it) and vic had disappeared into the crowds."typical, i fidn out where we ment to be going they they all drift off on me." he mutterd under his breath. he then looked back at the man,"out of intrest, whats with the get up?"

Fisher
2007-10-21, 05:40 PM
WestTooth

Rob
The Theater
With a questioning look the man shrugs. "È per un avvenimento dopo stasera. Mia moglie, mia figlia, ed andiamo il ballo alzare il denaro per una carità locale", he say in clear Italian.

Glancing at his watch he adds, this time in Portuguese Estou senhor terrivelmente pesaroso, eu necessito receber ir. O prazer conversando a você.

Retrieving a walking cane and with a small wave goodbye he began to slowly walk away in the direction of the deli.

Salee
Outside the Deli
"You don't know? But you were standing right over there holding them!"

The girl nearly shouts, gathering courage and pointing at the nearby street curb.

"Then you walk over here purely on a whim? No, your looking for your next mark, aren't you? Except this time you decided to take a more involved approach!" Her panic had become energy. Her fear had changed into courage.

Victor
The Back Alley
The seconds tick by while Victor awaits outside the alley. The only sounds emitting from the lone corridor were the echoes of the fading footsteps of the boy. Nothing else could be heard besides the noises of the streets and the chattering of those who passed by.

WestTooth Local Time: 8:11 PM

averagejoe
2007-10-21, 11:25 PM
Salee

Salee still has a blank look on his face. "Ummmm... what? Oh! You think I'm the thief? Look." He turns out his pockets and shows her that his wallet is empty. "See, if I was the thief I'd have money. No need to act all crazy."

Fisher
2007-10-22, 03:05 PM
Salee
The woman seems to calm down considerably, but still seems uneasy.

I dunno, your not exactly the picture of innocence. Retrieving her sandwich from the bench she looks over at Salee and adds, "Crazy? You don't try to pick up girls very often, do you?"

Victor
The sound of footsteps fade and no more noise issues from within the alley. If Victor were to look down the corridor he'd see the boy's foot disappearing around a corner.

averagejoe
2007-10-22, 06:41 PM
Salee

Salee shrugged, and a frown crossed his face. "Hey, if you're going to act crazy then I'm going to call you crazy. For your information, I'm irresistable to normal women." He smiled again, running his hand across his hair, then pointing to himself with his thumb, "I'm Salee, by the way. Ace technician, and pilot extraordinaire."

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-22, 07:04 PM
Victor Sevornum

Now.

Victor begins taking swift steps down the alleyway to re-establish his pursuit of the young man. He's mindful to avoid stepping on or kicking anything that would make a loud noise.

Fisher
2007-10-22, 11:16 PM
Salee
"Hi Salee, I'm Elizabeth," the young woman says after a short pause. The pilot's comment had apparently been successful in breaking the ice.

Most people I know wouldn't stand around with a handful of wallets on a busy street. I take it your new in town?

Although she had seemingly calmed down, Salee could tell that she was still guarded and apprehensive. Then again, going from panicked to calm was probably no easy feat in and of itself.

Victor
Your feet silently echo off the stone walls of the alleyway. Reaching the other side in little time you find yourself still in the entertainment sector, but only a block or two away from the docks. Several stores line the street and peddlers push about their carts of foods and drinks, hoping to make a last minute sale before the night comes to a close.

About 200 feet away stands the young teen, purchasing some donuts from a nearby shop. After completing his purchase he begins to move in the direction of the docks.

averagejoe
2007-10-22, 11:50 PM
Salee

"Yeah, I just got in. It was supposed to be a night of fun, but that turned bad pretty fast." He smiles, "Still, you're talking to me, so the evening isn't a complete waste."

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-23, 08:22 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor peers out across the distance between himself and his target. He frowns a bit at the situation. That's a lot of ground to cover. Take the gamble.

Victor walks swiftly out from the alley, not heading down the street towards the young man, but one street over. Once he's out of sight from the boy, he takes off in a full sprint towards the next street, turning down it to try to close the gap and come in at his target from the side.

Fisher
2007-10-24, 11:27 PM
Salee
The two of you chat for a few short minutes when the old man from the theater makes his way towards you. Elizabeth, seeing his approach, waves happily. A moment later the elderly man has joined the group and introductions were being made.

Salee, this is my father. He helps run the nearby theater. We're going to a local charity dance with my mother to help raise funds.

Hola. Agradable encontrarle, he says politely in spanish.

Victor
While dashing through the street to find adequate cover you feel the eyes of someone nearby watching you. The impression is fleeting, however, and leaves as quickly as it came. The boy seems not to have noticed your sprinting about and continues down the road in the direction of the docks.

averagejoe
2007-10-26, 09:39 AM
Salee

Salee stares for a moment at the old man. "I didn't understand a word of that," Salee says.

Fisher
2007-10-26, 11:33 AM
Salee
That's understandable," says the girl. My father was once a world renowned linguist, versed in over 24 separate languages. After an accident several years ago, every time he goes to speak it's in another language or dialect. Ever since then, he's been working at the theater.


WestTooth Local Time:8:14 PM

Storm Bringer
2007-10-26, 12:29 PM
rob watched as the man walked over too salee and that woman. he decided to stay at a distance (since it appeared his jibe was right, and salee was trying to pull the bird, he might as well give him the space to do so). he looked for a place he could get a drink, then realised he didn't have any hard cash left after the pickpocket. he sighed, heavily, and looked for a cash machie instead.

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-27, 07:44 AM
Victor Sevornum

Once Victor emerges close to the teen, he takes up a brisk walk (or a slow jog, if needed) to catch up with the young man. Might as well act now. When he's almost upon the youngster, he calls out.

"Hey, kid. I saw you over near the Entertainment block a little while ago. I'm new in town; I was hoping to ask you a few questions."

Fisher
2007-10-27, 08:55 AM
Rob
Looking about, there seems to be little sign of any atm's. After looking around for a short while, Rob notices besides the grocery mart an automated teller machine. A few yards away from the machine sits the pair of drunks from earlier.

Victor
With a quizzical look the boy asks "And you followed me all the way here to ask?

Not stopping to continue the conversation, he continues walking at a fast pace towards the docks. You can note a hint of urgency or apprehensiveness in each of his hurried steps.

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-27, 09:08 AM
Victor Sevornum

Falling in step alongside the lad, Victor continues speaking undeterred. "Seems that this city can be a little unfriendly. A man can have his wallet stolen in the middle of the street." Victor pauses in his speech for a moment to get a careful view of the boy's reaction to the previous words, then continues. ...But that's not what's on my mind right now. I'm far more interested in having a question answered by someone who...knows how the local law around here works."


For the reaction-measuring (and any potential lie-detection), Human Perception check! Empathy (9) + Human P. (4) + Luck (1) + 1d10 = [roll0]

To get him to cooperate (if it's needed), Persuasion! Cool (10) + Pers (2) + 1d10 = [roll1]

Storm Bringer
2007-10-27, 11:31 AM
rob walked over to the atm, and withdrew a few notes for a drink. he looked at the pair of boozers.

"Excuse me, good sir, but since you are so obviously aquainted with the local public houses, could you direct me to a location where I can pruchase a suitable alcoholic beverage?" he asked, in a somewhat articulate english accent (the BlackRose company had been based in england, and Rob had picked up many english mannerisms during his time thier. his normal accent was discribed as english by most people.)


OOC

translation: "yo, mate, you're a local, where can i get drunk round here?"

for reference, he is currently impersonating John Cleese of Python fame (it's just the perfect voice for sarcasm). his normal accent is whatever generic english is to you yanks. since it has become apprant that, even if i didn't intend it, Rob has become clearly english, I might as well make it offical.:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

averagejoe
2007-10-27, 12:32 PM
Salee

"That's... kind of a wierd accident," Salee says aloud, "He can't speak normally at all?"

Fisher
2007-10-27, 01:15 PM
Rob
The two look up at Rob from the sidewalk puzzled. One was a short-haired female brunette dressed in a formal, blue business suit, the other was dressed in normal civvies and a black pilot's jacket that matched his dark hair. Both seemed to be in their early thirties and clearly enjoying their night. After a brief moment the brunette replied

Whatsh thish? A fellow consumer of drink? Shid down, shid down, join us! she said, enthusiastically smacking the concrete beside her with one hand.

We've got 'nough for one more. Youse could go down the street ta tha den, but all they've got is overpriced, watered-down juice! HA! Innat right Drake?

Haha, thats right!, said the man. Taking another draught from a bottle he added, Now, if you want the good stuff, you go to the grocer behind us. Ask for a bottle of Green Crimson, that always hits the spot for me. Cheap too.

Salee
On a rare occasion it'll come out in English, but whatever he says next will be in another. The accident he was in was severe, he was fortunate to come out of it with his life!

Standing politely nearby, the old man would casually check his watch from time to time. Using a bit of sign language, he motioned to his daughter the event was starting soon.

Victor
Victor notices a slight twitch in the young boy's eye when mentioning the possibility of theft. Not pausing to stop and answer, the youth replies The streets can be like that gramps, you just got to keep an eye out for your wallet.

Turning quickly down the street in the direction of the shipyard he adds, As for how the law works, your best asking them yourself. I'm only a kid after all, what would I know of that sort of thing?

averagejoe
2007-10-27, 09:57 PM
Salee

"Well, lit looks like we both have somewhere to be. It was wonderful meeting you, Elizabeth. I shall have to remember to look you up next time you're in town." He turned to Elizabeth's father and said, "Que cumpleanos, por favor," bowing slightly as he said it.

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-28, 08:37 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor does his best to keep following the boy as he makes his way towards the docks. "You seem like you've been around the block once or twice. Besides, awfully hard to talk to the police when their sentry drones attack you on sight. Know what or who generally sets them off? That's why the theft wasn't much of a concern - I value the lives of my comrades much more than a few stolen bucks. If you have any ideas about those drones, you won't have to worry about seeing me - or my two angry mercenary comrades back outside the theater - again."

As an afterthought, he adds one last bit. "And before you say it, I'm pretty sure that none of my crew are wanted or anything. Just traveling mechajocks."

Fisher
2007-10-28, 10:46 PM
Salee
A slight grin spreads over the old man's face, who politely bows in return. Pulling a business card from his pocket, he hands it to Salee. Turning to Salee, Elizabeth says,

"I'm sorry Salee but we really should be going. Despite your peculiarities it was nice meeting you. Look us up if you ever need a translator."

With a nod, a smile, and her hand on her father's arm the two make to depart. Pausing a moment, Elizabeth turns and returns to Salee's side, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Now, before I forget" she says coyly.

*SMACK!*kkkkkkkkkkkkk

The sound of her upraised palm striking the young man's face echo across the walls of the nearby buildings. Several nearby civilians turn in surprise at the sudden act and can only stare in disbelief.

"That, was for calling me crazy"

Turning about on her heel she swiftly returns to her father's side. Looking over her shoulder she displays a slight smile in Salee's direction.


Victor
At the lasted string of questions the boy finally stops and looks up at the inquiring pilot.

**You think the drones are run by the police? You are new around here aren't you? Drones are run by the local SecuraNet corporation. Any hacker worth their salt could get into that system. Despite their name, their wireless LAN isn't how you would say "secure".

With a tip of his cap the boy leaves and continues on his way. Now at the dock itself Victor sees the familiar sites of the old warehouses and fueling aircraft.

___________________________________
OOC, etc

Salee suffers 1 point of non-lethal damage to the head.

**You hear the rolling of dice... again. Empathy related.

TheGreatJabu
2007-10-30, 07:37 AM
Victor Sevornum

Hmm. Looks like that's all I'm getting out of him. Victor folds his arms and watches the young man walk away. He mutters to himself before he turns away. "Don't spend all of our hard-earned money in one place."

Victor then begins walking back in the direction he came from to meet back with the others in front of the theater in the Entertainment block.


In the event that I need another Intelligence check to make my way back.
Intelligence: [roll0]

averagejoe
2007-10-30, 01:02 PM
Salee

Salee stares wide eyed at the retreating Elizabeth, and keeps staring long after she's out of sight, doing nothing but rubbing his cheek.

Er-I'm a bit confused by your ooc comment. Am I supposed to roll something?

Fisher
2007-11-01, 03:19 PM
WestTooth City Streets
Having gone their separate ways, the appointed time to regroup had finally arrived. The streets were still ablaze with activity and various citizens still wandered from store to store, attempting to occupy their free time with less monotony than what had comprised their regular day to day schedule. Elizabeth and her father were now long gone, the youth had disappeared somewhere around the docks, but the ever faithful drunks still occupied their slab of sidewalk: drinking, singing, and shouting a merrily away.

Despite the team's prior search, there was still no sign of the stolen cash or whoever made off with it. Like a true thief the perpatrator had gotten away as quickly as a bird to the sky.



WestTooth Local Time: 8:22 PM

Storm Bringer
2007-11-01, 03:36 PM
"well.........."rob said, trying not to smirk at Salee for getting slapped. "shall we just call it a night and go before another of the local cops decides to attack us?"

averagejoe
2007-11-01, 03:59 PM
Salee

Salee was still rubbing his cheek half-conciously. "I think I'm in love," he said to no one in particular.

Storm Bringer
2007-11-01, 04:05 PM
rob did not even try to stifle the laughter that erupted form him.

"it takes more than a slap to make love, mate." he said after he clarmed down.

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-02, 07:50 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor remains about as expressionless as ever, but a change in the way he holds his eyes convey a good-natured amusement. "Can't say I found romance, but I did get some information." His eyes take on a colder, more serious appearance. "That robotic drone that attacked us isn't owned or operated by the police. They're controlled by some group called the 'SecuraNet' corporation. Doesn't mean it was them, though. I was also told that outside manipulation of those machines isn't too far-fetched to imagine."

Fisher
2007-11-04, 11:54 PM
Later that night...
The WestTooth Shipyard
The dock was abuzz with activity. Technicians scurried back and forth finalizing preparations for launch while the Valentine's mechanics began to pack up their tools. The ship was now refueled and almost prepped for launch.

Near the ship, Anita Karn was issuing final orders to surrounding crew members. A young man stood by her side. Noticing the arrival of the three returning from town, the two approached the team.

"Welcome back. I hope everything went well in town," she started off.

"While your here, I'd like to introduce you to our new mecha pilot, Long Yi. After Jeremy Poole, Annastriana, Gerald Tighe, Yuri Kane, and Zilp left to pursue their individual careers with the Silver Rim company we've been really shorthanded. We were fortunate to find Yi here on such short notice. If the three of you could show him how things work around here I'd greatly appreciate it.

In the meantime, lift-off is in 15. Make sure your ready by then."


OOC: Thats right. All the missing players were "stolen" from the Valentine by a rival shipping group. Coincidence, perhaps. Future plot point, definitely. :smallamused:

Orzorz
2007-11-05, 01:07 AM
Long Yi
Long Yi is 5’10 tall. Standing at 195lb, he is of a muscular build. He have black, short trimmed hair, and a slightly tanned skintone, which is acquired through long years of service in the army. His eyebrows are exceptionally thick and black, and accompanied with his square jawline, gives him a naturally intimidating look.

He is now wearing a grey sleevless shirt, a pair of green tigerstripe cameo pants with suspenders, and a matching jacket which he wears as a cape on his shoulders. On his right-thigh holster is a large revolver, and on the left of his waist belt holds a survival knife.

On closer look, you can see a large burn scar running from his covering left lower arm to palm.

After Anita's introduction, Yi puts down the two duffel bags on his shoulders, and shifts his feet. Now standing at attention, he salutes the trio, without a word, and without any emotion change on his face.

Storm Bringer
2007-11-05, 03:01 AM
"nice to meet you, Long. I'm Rob." Rob held out his hand.

averagejoe
2007-11-05, 06:58 PM
Salee

"Neat!" Salee says, "I've always wanted one. Quick now, soldier, about face! Double time! Make me dinner!"

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-05, 10:18 PM
Victor Sevornum

Hmm. New guy. We'll have to see how he handles this group of...'personalities'. Victor returns the man's salute with the non-standard salute used by the Czechland Armed Forces - a balled right fist held to the left shoulder. "Victor Sevornum." He gazes at the young man for a moment longer, then turns to Salee.

"We should leave the cooking to Rob's friend Sophie, Salee. No sense sticking a soldier on potato-peeling duty until he's racked up a few reprimands in the unit."

Orzorz
2007-11-05, 11:45 PM
Long Yi

"Rob...Victor...and Salee..." Seeing that Rob have extended his hand, Yi returns a firm handshake.

After the handshake ends, he crosses his arms on his chest and said, "I'm Long Yi. Call me by my name or surname, I got called both back in the army. But as for cooking..." he turns to Anita,"I don't remember that in the contract?"

The last commentis intended to be a joke, but as how the other hears it...it sounded quite like a serious question...

averagejoe
2007-11-06, 01:00 AM
Salee

Believing that he had the soldier completely fooled, Salee said, "It's not in the contract, but all the new guys have to do it anyways. It's part of initiation. Of course, if you can't cook, you could always make the bathrooms shiny-clean with a toothbrush. Ours could probably use it, anyways."

Storm Bringer
2007-11-06, 02:47 AM
"and if you belive that, you'll belive anything......" Rob said, spoiling Salees fun.

Orzorz
2007-11-07, 12:51 PM
Long Yi

"A dirty bathroom? Sure. But rather than the dirt..." Yi stares at Salee and continues, "I'd rather wipe the source of the problem..."

Presuming that Victor is the guy in lead of the squad, he turns to him and asks, "So...what are the rules here?"

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-07, 01:43 PM
Victor Sevornum

Another one charmed to meet Salee. Speaking of which: I'll have to find out how his conversation with that woman went. Victor nods slightly towards Anita. "Figured the c.o. would have told you the important bits. Not many rules, anyways. Here's a few you need to know."

As he continues speaking, Victor casually pulls out his pistol and removes the clip. "We fight the missions the company takes on, and in return we receive full support; ammunition, repairs, food, place to stay. Hopefully medical too - but it hasn't come to that yet." He then unloads the last round out of the chamber manually, tucks the weapon back into his shoulder holster, and pushes the bullet down into the clip occupying his other hand. "We get paid by the mission, not by salary. Between jobs when we're refueling, we get a little shore leave."

Victor jiggles the clip in his hand a moment to draw attention to it. Briefly facing Commander Karn, he adds, "Bet you can tell from the half-empty clip here that we had a fun trip this time. I'll give you a report when we're done here, Commander."

He returns his gaze to Long Yi. "As you heard a moment ago, when on leave, if you're not back by lift-off, you get ditched. If you can find something useful to do around the ship, go for it. If not, pick up a hobby, quick, or you'll go insane. As for us...mechajocks, there's no real rank or hierachy between us. I'd bet either Salee or Rob have seniority over me, but it's never come up." Victor stops his speech for a moment. Hmm. Still feels strange to hear me calling myself a mechajock. He finishes musing, and holds up one finger while looking Long Yi straight in the eyes. "Just remember one thing - everyone on this ship works to keep us pilots alive and well. Treat them with the respect they deserve for that. If they're not happy, we don't function at our best. If we don't function at our best, we die on the battlefield. Simple."

Looking over the assembled group, he slips his hands into his pants' pockets casually and asks, "Miss anything, Commander? Guys?"

averagejoe
2007-11-07, 03:11 PM
Salee

When Victor asks his question, Salee still has a concentrated look on his face, and is stroking his chin, deep in thought. "Tracking down and removing the source of the problem. Good plan, newbie. Now, how to pull it off. We can't just stake out the bathrooms, that would be wierd..."

Fisher
2007-11-07, 11:23 PM
Paragraph 3, Article B in Section 12 states that each pilot is provided with three meals a day during the duration of their employment. The meals are prepared by our cooking staff, which happens to include Rob's friend Sophie," replies Anita in a clearly business-like tone.

In response to Victor's question she states,"As far as shore leaves go, late returnees are usually only reprimanded, not left behind. We here at the Valentine are like a family after all, and you don't leave family behind."

Now if you four will excuse me, I need to make sure everything is ready for take-off. We have to reach the drop-off point for the external mainframe in three hours. Make sure you have your machines ready by then, I'd like to have them on stand-by in case things should take a turn for the worse.

With a polite nod, Anita walks off and continues orchestrating the final steps for take off. Ten minutes remain till all preparations are finished.

averagejoe
2007-11-07, 11:49 PM
Salee

"Looks like you're off the hook Newbie. It's okay. Just do as I say and you'll go far here. Now, I need to go fix Shredder up. I hope we do run into some action. Those last guys went down too easy."

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-08, 02:53 AM
Victor Sevornum

"I'll agree to that. Bet our battles will be tougher from here on out - some disorganized rebels in hand-me-down mecha don't qualify as a fair fight. I'll go start fine-tuning those extra control thrusters I had added to the Pioneer. Should make it much more responsive."

Victor begins trudging up the loading ramp. As he nears the top, he calls out as he keeps on walking. "Welcome aboard the Valentine, Yi."

Victor heads into the ship and makes his way to the mecha bay to begin calibrating the Pioneer's controls to its new capabilities. Assuming Salee ever enters his cockpit, Victor takes a moment to send a radio transmission over to the Shredder.

++So, did your conversation with that young lady work out for you?++

Orzorz
2007-11-08, 04:12 AM
Long Yi

Yi added to the conversation before bording the Valentine,"Easy or not easy, good or bad, right or wrong? It doesn't matter. They stand in front of us, they die."

He gives a brief nod to the others and begin heading directly to the mecha bay. He sees that the head and torso was already assembled, with their decoys removed.

Without notifying anyone, he climbs into the cockpit and pulls out a toolkit from under the seat, and begins removing the rusty decoy command armor on the other parts.

Like a family? Interesting...

Storm Bringer
2007-11-08, 04:46 AM
++She slapped him.++ Rob interjected with just a hint of mirth, while he was busy grinning at the upgraded thrusters that Caroline had managed to scrounge form somewhere. His mech could fly again! It hadn't been able to do that in over a decade, when they'd been forced to sell the thrusters to stay afloat during a lean year.

++However, I was able to aquire the business card of her strangly dressed companion, so if he's willing to spend a little time with a computer and the internet, I'm sure he can find an addres to send a romatic love letter to.++

Fisher
2007-11-08, 10:33 AM
The ship begins to shake slightly, prepping for take off. The sound of cycling engines hums throughout the mecha bay. Eight minutes remain before departure.

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-08, 10:42 AM
Victor Sevornum

In the privacy of his cockpit, where no one could see him, Victor smiled. He keeps working with the controls, but continues his fun little interview.

++Can't imagine Salee rubbing someone the wrong way. Still, as long as the slap wasn't the very first or very last thing she did, you're probably still in the clear.++

Oh hey, I was just ninja'd by Fisher. Who'da thunk it at this hour? :smallsmile:

Storm Bringer
2007-11-08, 11:22 AM
++they appeared to leave on good terms......right up until she slapped him. But, seriously, i think he's got every chance if he plays his cards right.++

Rob was as satisfied as he could be with the set up until he'd taken it out for a test or two. the new thrusters were all showing green and appeared to be working, but wether the thrusters would respond the way the computesr thought they would was another question, and one that could only really be answered by taking her for a spin.

knowing his luck, that would be in battle...................

++right, I'm done here. if anyone wants me, I'll be taking out my frustration on my guitar in the spare bay++

averagejoe
2007-11-08, 02:05 PM
Salee

++It was the best conversation I ever had, and I've had a lot of good conversations with women. There's definitely something there.++

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-08, 03:11 PM
Victor Sevornum

Well, the larger maneuvering thrusters seem to be synching up well. Now to get those smaller ones for assisted arm manipulation adjusted properly.

++Sounds good. If that slap came with a name, I'd say you're breaking even. Certainly a more colorful memory than tailing a kid down some alleys.++

Storm Bringer
2007-11-08, 03:35 PM
Rob had exited his mech and was walking aross the bay to the door when Caroline entered, carrying his giutar.

"i heard you got pickpocketed, and knew you'd want this" she said simply, holding it out.

"Caroline, what would i do without you?" Rob said, taking the proffered instrument. "I'd have no ride and no guitar.....and no lover." they both walked to a side door, which lead to a supply room which sat on the other side of a bulkhead form the main engine, and also the living areas, meaning it was both a quiet room and a place where one could play loud without upsetting the off-watch trying to sleep. Rob kept a computer in a corner, where he used a lovely piece of software that could syth up any supporting instuments he needed.

"which would you miss the most?" caroline asked, a hint of an edge in her voice as rob booted the machine up and selected a song form the playlist

"You." he said simply, and began to play.

ooc:

roll for guitar playing: [roll0]+ not sure what the controlling stat is. I've guessed [email protected]+9, but i may be wrong

for those intrested, He's playing this song (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4ADz6iLUg)

averagejoe
2007-11-08, 07:44 PM
Salee

++Yeah, I got a name.++ He was then silent for a few minutes, as he had to lean out of the cockpit and shout down to one of his mechanics. Then he continued, ++Anyways, I'm pretty sure she only slapped me because she likes me. I'm telling you, this is the start of something beautiful.++

Fisher
2007-11-09, 01:43 AM
The Valentine
Engines primed, the Valentine slowly lifted into the air. Course set, the atmospheric engines glowed to life and ignited in a somber orange blaze. Originally, the plan had to been to leave the external mainframe in WestTooth and return to orbit, but plans had changed and Mr. Cam had requested an escort to the meet-up point. In less than three hours the meet was to take place.

As the ship soared through the sky the crew continued with their everyday business. Darin resumed work on reprogramming the ship's system mainframe, Jimmy returned to his navigation post on the bridge, Roger monitored and maintained the engine output, Shelby continued to catalog the ship's inventory, and many others continued their own work. Meanwhile, in a corner of the Launch bay, Mr. Cam and his technicians continued to work on the external mainframe. Whatever urgent problem that had pervaded their work earlier had seemed to pass, for the moment. Now, one of the most pressing problems for the technicians seemed to be the occasional sour note emitted from Rob's guitar.

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-09, 12:13 PM
Victor Sevornum

After finishing the work on his controls, Victor climbs out of the Pioneer and gazes up at it for a few moments. Now that it's a bit more agile, the contrast between my abilities and the others shouldn't be as glaring. It wouldn't do me any good to become a mechajock after all this time only to die in our next mission.

Victor pulls his camera out of his pocket and steps back far enough to get his mecha's upper torso (with its new maneuvering jets) in the frame. I'll call this one 'Compensation', he thinks somewhat sardonically to himself. *Click*

Standing silently for a moment, he then starts walking up towards the section where all the bunks are. He doesn't quite leave the mechabay before a discordant sound hits his ears. Guitar playing.

He glances off in the distance to see Rob and his red-maned mistress sitting alone together - with Rob's guitar sounding like it'd been tuned by Beethoven himself. Victor attempts to candidly bring up his camera to snap a shot. This one will be "Romantic Mishap". *Click*

Victor goes back to his room to put away his belongings, grab a towel, and hit the shower. It's been a long day.


OOC: I'm going to start rolling for most of his picture-taking from now on. I want to keep track of the "best ones" so he can whoop out a scrapbook in the future. Disturbing? Yes.

Photography: "Compensation" [roll0]
Photography: "Romantic Mishap" [roll1]

Storm Bringer
2007-11-09, 12:40 PM
rob saw victors snap shot, but was too busy trying not to mangle the song any more than he had to comment. Caroline sat patiently, trying not to wince.

"whats wrong with me? I'm better than this" rob muttered, stopping for a moment (to the relief of at least one techie).

"I know, honey. You're just angry" caroline said Sympathetically. Rob closed his eyes and sighed.

"yhea. angry. not a good time out." rob opened his eyes and looked around. his eyes fell on his parter, still in her dirty green techie's jumpsuit. Suddenly, he smiled a almost unerving smile and quickly press a few buttons on the backing computers system. Then, still smiling, he started to play again.


ok, justifed re-roll [roll0]
the song, if anyone's intrested, is the better of the songs i know called girlfriend (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aWPTCc2r0&mode=related&search=)

Orzorz
2007-11-09, 12:54 PM
Long Yi

As Yi finally gets through the decoys on the shoulders, he couldn't control but smiled. It is a smile of satisfication, for he finds that the squad emblem paintjob is still there. It is not of much trouble to redo one, but it is something of great sentimental value to Yi, as it marks perhaps the only achievement of his life.

That McCoy guy is surely one hella arms dealer. I wonder what he did to get the mechs of the other four guys out...

He heards some odd sound as he dusts of the rust dusts from the paintjob. It it like...someone stirring up swirls in his head. In the loudest of his voice he said, "Hey! Someone get that fried sensor offline!"

Storm Bringer
2007-11-09, 01:10 PM
"if you don't like good rock, put some earphones in" Rob shouted back. His proformance had picked up significantly as rob hit his stride and stopped thinking about the trip and concentrated on the song. Caroline was smiling broadly, partly at the improvment in the playing, partly at the song itself (she didn't know where rob dragged up all these really old songs form).

Orzorz
2007-11-09, 01:51 PM
Long Yi

This one is good, I was refering only to the previous pig squealings...

However, Yi did not reply back to the shouting. He puts down the wielder, and instead fetches out a hammer to knock off the junk bits. As one listens, the bangings sort of go along with the beat of the music, but lags or gets too fast once in a while...

Improvised percussions! :smallbiggrin:
1d20+TEC-whatever improvisation penalty:
[roll0]

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-09, 03:30 PM
OOC: Old habits die hard, huh? Gotta watch yourself Orzorz - everything is d10 based. I still have to fight the reflex of typing in roll]1d20[/roll myself half the time. Stupid D&D giving us bad habits...

Fisher
2007-11-09, 10:58 PM
Intermission
The Valentine wasn't the only one traveling that night. Far away, a lone figure glided along the desert sands, the moonlight falling upon it's cloaked form. As it moved its cloak's hood would waver in the wind, and a glint of light would reflect off it's exposed metal surface. Tirelessly it continued onward, not in earnestness or haste, but in the measured determination of one dedicated to a cause.

A fair distance away from where this traveler came, a subdued fire could be seen. It's amber glow providing a muted light to the surrounding canyon walls, one of the few locations in the desert that provided a break from the continuous monotony of the endless sand dunes. It was a healthy flame that emitted from somewhere amongst the canyon cliffs, likely freshly made. A fire fueled not by wood or timber, but by the charred remains of a recently crashed transport vehicle.

End Intermission

averagejoe
2007-11-09, 11:41 PM
Salee

Once finished to his modifications to the Shredder, Salee wanders off in search of someone, who he found moping around her quarters. The girl had raven hair and violet eyes, and wore a mecha pilot's jumpsuit.

"You know, Ace," Salee said to her, "If you're bored, I can always use another mechanic."

The girl sneered at him, "Stow it, Dogan. Before you know it, I'll be back up in the air."

"Uh huh," Salee said, "That's actually not what I wanted to talk to you about. I need your help with something."

Ace raised one perfectly formed eyebrow. "Oh, and what's that?"

"Well, you see, there's this guy who sucker punched me, and I have to find him and pay him back."

"Oh? And you need my protection?"

Salee didn't seem to notice the implication. "Oh, no. In fact, I'd rather you didn't get involved at all. It's just... well, I want to make sure that none of his friends interfere, if he has any, so I'd like someone to have my back."

Ace rolled her eyes. "Oh, well isn't that honorable of you."

"Well," Salee continued, "I'm going to go either way. I mean, we've been enemies for so long that it's kind of like being friends, so I thought maybe you could put aside that stuff. I mean, you won't beat me in the air if I get killed in here. Or would that be convenient?"

Ace huffed, rolling her eyes again, "Fine, whatever, I'll pull you out of the fire this time, Dogan, but it doesn't mean that I like you. Who is this guy, anyways?"

Salee shrugged as the two went off together, "Roger, I think. Maybe he's a mechanic or something. I dunno."

Fisher
2007-11-10, 12:31 AM
The Valentine
Time passed quickly as everyone went about their own tasks. Before one realized it, more than two and a half hours had ticked by. Soon the ship would reach the mainframe drop-off point and the crew would finally be clear of this entire mess of a job.

Orzorz
2007-11-10, 11:21 AM
Long Yi

Yi's mecha have been re-assembled at about an hour ago. It was only seconds after the re-assembly, and he is already inside the cockpit, conducting tests with the battle records he got earlier.

...As the enemy thrusts its energy lance torwards the cockpit, Yi's mecha sharply twists left and deflects the blow with it's shield. Before the enemy could react, two holes are bored on the waist of it.



Simulation End

Retry <--
Save
Exit


Yi pulls the right stick twice.



Simulation End

Retry
Save
Exit <--


The whole process was repeated for uncountable times for the past hour, and the cockpit of Yi's mecha is finally open. Holding the handle, he slides down along the liftwire, and heads for a brief shower.

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-10, 09:46 PM
Victor Sevornum

Since finishing his shower a while back, Victor had been spending his time largely in recreation. He started out laying on his bed reviewing the photos he had taken since joining the crew of the Valentine. He kept this up for quite some time until he realized that he was beginning to get a little drowsy. Wouldn't look good on my record if I was asleep when our employers take off. Better get up and moving.

After he locks his camera away in its drawer, Victor slips on a tanktop and some jogging pants and leaves his room. He looks up and down both directions of the hallway. Hmm. Wonder where the most quiet place would be? After a few seconds of deliberation he starts walking towards the aft of the ship, in the direction of the mecha bay and engineering. Most should be finished with their daily schedules by now - should be plenty of room.

When he arrives, he heads over to the least-populated or out of the way area he sees. After a few good minutes of stretching, he begins to practice a few old kata he has picked up from the different instructors he's had over the years. Trying to keep his mind still as arms and legs move fluidly through the air around him, he can't help but allow the intruding thought one time - Too bad there aren't many ships with pools or tracks.

He gave himself a mental reprimand, and continued on.

Fisher
2007-11-12, 12:25 AM
The Valentine
As the crew continued their work, Doris' cheery voice could be heard over the ship's loud speakers and announced,

"Attention All Pilots, Attention All Pilots. We will be landing soon at the rendezvous point. Please have your mecha active and ready within the next fifteen minutes. Although we aren't anticipating much hostility Miss Karn says we should be ready, just in case. To repeat, please have your mecha ready in the next fifteen minutes. That is all."

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-12, 03:20 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor moved through the last few sweeping motions of the kata, and brought himself to a halt. There...now the blood's pumping again. He begins to do a quick set of cooldown stretches for a few minutes (not that he had really worked up a sweat). Once finished, he heads back to his room to pull on a flight suit over his current outfit, and slides his shoulder holster on. He pops out the old clip from his firearm and grabs a new one from the drawer beneath his folded clothes. Never know. He finishes with slipping on his pair of boots, and marching back into the mechabay.

As he walks up to put his foot in the loop of the lifewire, he speaks out loud (to himself, or anyone who would have arrived by this point). "Don't suppose we get paid extra for playing guard duty. Ah well." With a sharp tug, the winch engages and pulls Victor up towards the chest of the large, sienna mecha towering above him. Victor hops into the seat of the cockpit and begins to power up. When the security prompts for password, he punches in the same old code he's used ever since climbing into his first simulator. Me and Angela's birthdays. I bet she's nearly 22 now, herself. It's been nearly four years since I've seen her. Victor tries to shake off the thoughts by running diagnostics on this or that, but fails. When she came to see me graduate from the university was the last time. When we've done some work here, developed a good rep, I should visit home for a vacation. I can't go back without anything to show for myself - not yet.

Storm Bringer
2007-11-12, 03:57 PM
Rob had just finished his latest song as the annoucement was made.

"Right, you get the mech ready, I'll get myself ready." he said to caroline as they both headed off. he jogged to his room, passing several techs heading to the bay, and quickly changed into his flight suit. Buckling his shoulder hoslter back on, he walked at a more mesured pace back to his mech.

they had just finished arming the missiles when he got thier. Victor was halfway up his liftwire and Caroline was standing by one of the Stormhammers feet , tapping away on a datapad that ran into a diag feed on the mech.

"whats up?" he asked, leaning over.

"some damm new hire forgot to reset the lower left gyro after we finished the upgrade" caroline said without looking up "go on in, It won't take long to sort."

rob shrugged"fair enough." he grabbed the liftwire and began to ascend.

wriggling into the cockpit (would it really kill them to make egress a little easier?) he found the mech already booted up (caroline must have started it to sort out the gyro settings). His main screen was displaying the forward cameras view of the bay wall, the left hand screen was reeling off diag results, while the right was showing a map of the landing zone, with landmarks, terrian and such highlighted. rob settled down and keyed his comm

++Rob here. I'll be readyop shortly.++

averagejoe
2007-11-12, 03:58 PM
Salee

"Sorry, Ace, gotta run. Have fun in your cabin."

"Yeah, laugh it up, Dogan."

Salee sprinted toward the bay, eager to get his hand on the Shredder's controls. To Victor he said, "Who cares? I just wanna see some action."

He climbs into the cockpit seat and lowers his goggles over his eyes. He activates the Shredder's operating system, punching in the code; a long, essentially random, string of numbers, letters, and symbols. He turns on the comn system, fixing the microphone and earpiece in place.

++Alright, guys, here's to fast action and big pay.++ He thinks for a minute, then says, ++Also, try to stay out of our way, newbie.++

Storm Bringer
2007-11-12, 04:06 PM
++Salee, their are bad ideas, bad ideas, and insulting the man who is about to take a heavily armed and armoured combat mech into action beside you.++

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-12, 05:35 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor begins thrumming up the power output from its idle state to standard output. He can't help but chime in to the conversation. Aren't I becoming quite the social butterfly?

++Nonsense, Rob. Think of it Salee's own personal psychological eval of Long - if he snaps and attacks, then we'll have no choice but to recommend Long be removed from combat duty next time.++

Back in his days as psych evaluator in the Czechland Armed Forces, he'd only encountered a handful of individuals he'd signed to dismiss from service. Like he always jokingly told himself, it takes a little bit of insanity to be in the army in the first place.

++Let's test those new thrusters of yours, Rob. You and I should do close-to-mid range air patrols to maximize field of view. Salee should stay close to guard the package, and Long should do close-range patrols of the perimeter. Sound good?++

averagejoe
2007-11-12, 06:44 PM
Salee

Salee flipped a few switches, and the Shredder began to vibrate and rumble under him as the GES system warmed up. ++Roger. Don't any of you patrolers go gung-ho, though. Numbers win fights.++

Orzorz
2007-11-13, 03:21 AM
Long Yi

Upon hearing the announcement, Yi dashed to his mecha, bringing along the latest issue of 'Mecha Weapons' as he leaves his room.

Climbing into the cockpit, he puts on his helmet, and begin fumbling with the twin sticks.

."Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right...Right trigger, left trigger, both triggers..."


=Pilot setting #01 detected=

Loading setting #01...OK
System check...Skip all

=System Online=

You have full control.

Yi casually flips through the magazine as he waits for the map of the LZ to load from the Valentine. Hearing the conversation over the comm, he activated the speaker and joins in.

++This is Yi, I copy. I'll go clockwise from vector-000. If anything happens, we'll use the comm.++ he stopped for a moment and continues, ++After all, if anything bad happens, it will be an ambush. No use in maintaining radio slience or in anyway to cover our numbers.++

++And forget about the backstabbing, I still know my limits. Going one against three in mecha combat is just...suicide.++

As Yi finishes, he have also reached the end of the magazine. It is already the third time as he got on his mecha, but not once had he looked at any of the contents. It might be a reflex or something, but everyone do have their own 'way' to deal with facing danger, or possibily, death.

He flips the magazine open again, waiting for the drop...

averagejoe
2007-11-13, 04:02 AM
Salee

++One against ME is suicide, and don't any of you forget it. "Shredder" isn't just a name.++

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-13, 08:22 AM
Victor Sevornum

Victor finishes Salee's statement in his head. ...it's also the most fearsome of all office supplies. Victor had long been in the habit of keeping his puns and other dry 'jokes' to himself out of respect for others. No outward sign of his statement exists, save for a flash of amusement from his eyes. ++Roger that, Shredder. Heavy Recon is reporting...++ he says as he flips the final switch in the power-on process, and the Pioneer's eyes glow green; ++...Ready-Op. Once Rob's lady-friend is finished with him, we should be good to go.++

He gives a slight smirk. Some puns are just too good to pass on.

Storm Bringer
2007-11-13, 01:37 PM
Robs howl of objection brought grins to the faces of many crewmen listening to the channel.

Fisher
2007-11-13, 11:15 PM
The Valentine
As the four pilots went about preparing for a possible battle, they could feel the gentle shake of the ship as it landed on uneven ground. Moments later the nearby side hatch of the ship opened revealing a familiar landscape.

They were still in the desert.

Unlike before, however, this corner of the barren sands held some changes. There was a sparse amount of green foliage growing around a clean, clear pond. To the immediate north and east of the ship there were also several outcroppings of jagged cliffs. The moonlit sky cast light and shadow upon all that it fell on.

There was still ten minutes before the planned time, and Mr. Cam's ship had yet to arrive. Not wasting time, however, Mr. Cam and his technicians had already loaded the external mainframe onto a cart for easy transfer.

++Alright pilots, go ahead and set up while we wait for the ship to arrive,++ announced Anita over the shared com. ++I'd like to avoid any surprises while we wait for Mr. Cam's ship.++

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-13, 11:50 PM
Victor Sevornum

Victor begins to throttle up, and the massive legs of the Pioneer begin to step forward. ++Roger that, Command. Proceding with close range aerial and ground patrols.++ He walks his mecha out of the hanger doors and out onto the desert sand about 60 meters. With one more glance at his systems readout, he pushes down on the footpedals in front of him, engaging the thrusters. With a flash of blue flame, the Pioneer begins to slowly lift into the sky. Once he reaches a height of 80 meters he leans his mecha forward, and begins circling the area.

The view of the desert at night was certainly serene. He could tell just from looking that if not for the ship, the others, and himself, the place would have almost a perfect silence. Unfortunately, looks can be deceiving... ++Heavy Recon switching over to advanced sensors.++ He engages his infrared and MagScan sensors and starts keeping his eyes open for any anomalies.


Awareness: Int 8 + Awareness 3 + 1d10! [roll0]

TheGreatJabu
2007-11-13, 11:54 PM
That would be a 10. Rolling to add!
[roll0] + 21 = Total Awareness result

averagejoe
2007-11-14, 12:19 AM
Salee

Salee manuvered the Shredder into position using slow, lumbering steps, in no hurry. He went to his post and patrolled the immediate area around the cart. If anything got past the patrollers, he wanted to intercept as soon as possible.

Just in case.

[roll0]

Orzorz
2007-11-14, 01:31 AM
Long Yi

Yi's Xeku is standing at the doors of the hanger at a slightly crouched position, with it's shields up. A cloud of dust and sand could be seen building up around the rear of it.

++This is...++ Yi hesitated for a moment, remembering that using an old callsign really did give him bad luck, ++...Grenadier. Commence operation.++

The red monoeye sensor of the Xeku flashes once, and it zooms out with its GES at full speed. The mecha moves along a snaking path before it stops at due north.

This terrain is just perfect for an ambush...

Keeping the comment to himself, he kicks up the GES, and begin to patrol the perimeter.

OOC:
Awareness Check: Rank(1) + INT(8) +1d10
[roll0]